854 Rosedale Center
Roseville, MN 55113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatdigbys.com/
- Phone: (651) 330-8619
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jeff Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Feel free to contact us to discuss possible catering events
- Entertainment: Wide scope of big screen HD T.V.'s showing all your favorite sports.
- Special Events: Contact Jim Tobias to discuss offsite and onsite special events and needs
A word from Digby's
Digby's Beer, Burgers and Pizza we are the neighborhood's stop for the best in town. Like beer? We have 20 on tap and many are local!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Digby's - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
Digby's reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Just OK!BittyDined on 11/7/2014Nothing special. Got a burger that was just ok. Probably wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- All around great place!Foodiegirl67Dined on 10/17/2014This was our fourth time at Digby's, and it's as awesome as it was the first time! Great service, friendly staff, great menu, awesome food, and great energy throughout the restaurant! It's loud enough that you know you're in a cool place, but not too loud to have conversation. It's definitely our first choice when we are in the neighborhood, and have even made it a destination for a great meal when we are not in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedMNmsFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014I was truly excited but underwhelmed by Digbys. They've transformed a former California Pizza Kitchen into a red counterpart in over a year. The pizza was just alright, the crust seemed unprepared and lacking and seasoning on the Magherita pizza. The beer list was good. I ordered a side salad that never came until I prompted the service staff, then it showed up twice- once with no other ingredients then lettuce & secondly not prepared as I had ordered. I sent them back & due to the kitchen setup saw the manager get upset- felt like I was dining at Hells Kitchen w/ GRamsey. It's a new restaurant I hope they get it together.Special Features:
- Disappointing all aroundDisappointedDined on 9/19/2014First time at Digbys...won't go back. Our food came out cold. Pizza was only 1/2 baked and soggy. Steak salad was tasteless and the steak was cold, mostly due to the fact they put the steak directly on the side of the salad which was served on a chilled plate? Went at noon on a Friday and the place was 1/2 empty. Now we know why. Definitely would not recommend or go back.
- Bad Food+Bad Service=Not Going BackOpenTableRegularVIPDined on 9/12/2014Despite an Open Table reservation, we started out being seated at a high top table surrounded by noise, were ignored for 10 minutes, and things went downhill from there. Fish and chips came out with soggy fries and mushy fish surrounded by a thick layer of gummy breading. Wrong pizza came out and had to be remade so was served 10-15 minutes after everyone else already had their food, but no apology or offer to adjust our bill. Even the soda pop came out with no carbonation and had to be replaced. Get the message? Not worth your time or money.
- Great new placebeerburgerDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding service immediately, very helpful with the simple food menu and beer selections. Will be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't feel like a chainIdonitwritereviewsDined on 8/29/2014The restaurants on the row are all chain restaurants in a mall, but Digby's doesn't feel that way. The food is fresh and they have good local beers. I don't know if it was using open table or they just didn't read the reservation - but only half of the comments were noted i.e. They knew it was my sisters birthday but didn't have a table that they could put a high chair on for the kid. Next time just the adults will go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food, fun sporty atmosphereLobsterLoverVIPDined on 8/16/2014The duck salad was the best thing we ate there. Things not to eat: hot quinoa salad (tasted spoiled), fish and chips. Reuben sandwich ok.
- Nice place, good food!ItalianoDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner at Digby's before seeing a movie. This was our first time at Digby's, and we were impressed by the menu, the food, and the drinks. We'll be back! Their menu offers a good variety of choices, most of which feel like more sophisticated versions of pub classics. Many items had our mouths watering, and we had a tough time deciding what to order. We started with their tasty fresh-made potato chips and a couple of drinks. For our entrées, my wife settled on a beet salad, and I had a pulled pork sandwich. Everything was delicious, and the portions were nearly perfect - not too large, and we left feeling satisfied. The pleasant staff also made sure that we were on time for our movie. We recommend Digby's for nice date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...........GrandmaKDined on 8/8/2014This was my first visit to Digby's. I had reservations for a group of 8 at 7pm on Friday night. Everyone really enjoyed their food - hamburgers to pizza to Beef Strogananof but there were issues. First, 4 of us arrived right at 7, check in and were promptly shown to a table. I went outside to call 2 others. When I asked if they were still coming they said they had checked in a little before 7 and my table was all set up for us. They were way at the back of the restaraunt and we were seated right at the front. It was very loud in front - hard to talk.There were several mixups on our orders - no pink to the pink order, fries instead of sweet potato fries and 5 minutes or more between 1st and last delivery. Fries weren't really hot.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingMonkeyBillDined on 8/5/2014Although service was excellent, food was terrible. Cheese curds were very greasy, pizza was the worst I have ever had. My daughter's mac and cheese was also very bad. This is my first time here so maybe just a bad night. There appears to be a good beer menu and it is possible the burgers might be pretty good as we did not try them. Would not go there again unless with friends for a beer. Not at all what I expected based on reviews from paper and this website.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Digby's reviews archive.
- Service was not up to parFantasticVIPDined on 7/29/2014The "large" entrees specifically say that "we don't want you to go away hungry". Then I was presented with a child's plate of Mac and Cheese which prompted me to order mediocre fish taco's as a filler. Others at the table were not impressed either.
- Casual, Fun and Good FoodThe3FsDined on 7/25/2014At our second time of going to Digby's, we were with a group of 8 who ordered a variety of menu items. Everyone was happy with their order. Our server, Tyler, made the evening even more fun. I also appreciated that when he was busy, other staff and the manager brought food and knew exactly the person it was going to. While a little loud, I could still hear people at the table if I was involved in their conversation. A place we'll definitely go back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks and appetizers only.Charmed9Dined on 7/13/2014Our appetizers were delicious (Canadian Nachos a/k/a poutine and Onion Rings) and they have an excellent beer selection and some cool specialty drinks, but our dinners were very mediocre. One person in our party really disliked her food and one person really liked his, but everyone else's food was so-so.Special Features:
- Great server & water bowl 4 my dogMelikeyDined on 7/2/2014When I arrived there was a water bowl waiting for my dog. The food was very good and the server had a great personality with perfect timing. I did not go inside.Special Features:
- Not so HOTT4BPBDined on 6/26/2014Not to pleased. The Meats pizza we order came out with cold Sausage on it, we sent back to get re heated and then the crust was burnt. The fries were cold as well. The Fish we order was okay tasted kind of rubbery.
- Tasty!MagpieDined on 6/20/2014Good food and some interesting twists on "regular" restaurant food. Drinks are spendy, music was a little loud for an intimate date. Service wasn't necessarily bad but slowed down at the end when I'm usually ready to hit the road. Seemed like staff was still getting used to busy weekend nights. But I'd definitely try it again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Tacos!LHuffDined on 6/13/2014I tried the Fish Tacos with Swordfish on their Appetizer Menu! They were Amazing!! I loved them! I will defiantly be going back to Digby's!Special Features:
- Just okayNanMarieDined on 5/31/2014Service was very good. Food was adequate. Salads were too large. Wine was too pricey @$9. Huge unappetizing ice ball in the Manhattan. Our meal for four was $120 without tip, no appetizers or dessert. Not worth that.Special Features:
- Not greatBurgerBabeDined on 5/29/2014My boyfriend kept saying we had to go to Digby's for burgers...so we went...and we thought it was not so great. First, it took a long time to get served. Second, we both ordered burgers; I ordered some pink and fries. He ordered no pink and onion rings. I got no pink and fries; he got some pink and fries. What? How do you mess up a simple order like that? The waitress finally brought out his onion rings...and they were bad also. Heavy, supremely greasy and not at all appetizing. It was simply disappointing and we won't be going back.
- Great new placefoodie55421Dined on 5/23/2014We had a great time at Digby's the food was excellent the wait staff was very good very knowledgeable about the menu my only complaint was that the portion sizes in the appetizers were a bit small for what we paid but overall we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014The pizza was fantastic, especially the handmade meats. The service was also wonderful and very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Glasses LackingKathyBVIPDined on 5/12/2014The duck salad was outstanding. I was disappointed in the water glasses the wine was served in. Those of us who like wine prefer a proper wine glass. The so called pub glasses kept me from ordering another glass of wine.Special Features:
- Good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014Everything was fresh and good quality. I had the stake salad. Stake was delicious and cooked perfectly but it they could put a few more pieces of steak on the salad. Fun Beer List. Soft pretzels and dip are great. Great service.Special Features:
- Fun Times!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014This was the first time my husband and I tried out Digby's and it was really fun. The atmosphere was fun and exciting. We went around 6:15 so it was busy but it was not yet packed. The brew menu was on the wall and easily viewable. There were many great local brews. We enjoyed the soft pretzels which was homemade and very delicious. Not too chewy, not to hard. The burgers & fries were great as well. The fries can be eaten without ketchup which is always my true test of a good fry. If you are into burgers and such, you should try Digby's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to Rosedale mallTKB1Dined on 5/2/2014Digby's is a nice addition to the restaurants at Rosedale. The service was excellent, and the food was good. We particularly liked the fish and chips and the ratittouie pizza. We had high hopes for the pretzel and beer cheese dip appetizer, however the dip was more like beer cheese soup and missed the boat on flavor and texture.Special Features:
- CBroPoDined on 4/20/2014Great new restaurant - we came here on Easter Sunday at noon, wanting to avoid the places with the big buffets and crowds. Because it is new, it was not crowded and was quiet, but I'm sure that will change as it becomes better known. The service was fantastic - the server knew a lot about the menu and was attentive and friendly without acting like she was part of our group. The menu choices go a step beyond the standard, and the ingredients were fresh and good. Good local beer options, too. We really enjoyed the steak salad, the turkey burger, and the cowboy burger. The fish and chips could have been crispier. It's a good place to enjoy a brew on a spring day with the garage doors open.Special Features:
- Great!DiningonabudgetDined on 4/19/2014Overall this place was great. Awesome deal for pizzas which easily serves two. Bartender seemed to not understand what a hoppy beer tastes like, but besides the wasted $6, it was a great place and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service.MeganVIPDined on 4/19/2014My girlfriends and I went to Digby's for a drink and dinner. We enjoyed ourselves, the food was great and our server was awesome. I got the Cowboy Burger and I thought it was great, the sweet potato fries were perfect also. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, especially if you have kids or a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Servicemn25Dined on 4/17/2014The food was very good, but the service was HORRIBLE. We sat in the bar for happy hour. It took us 15 minutes to even get a drink order in. 30 minutes of glaring later I finally got a waitress to come to our table and take our order for food. They were not that busy! Plenty of servers were milling around, yet nobody wanted to help. We also had to request water, but had been there almost a half an hour before we even got that opportunity. We almost left and went to chipotle. The food was a step up from the rest of the options at the mall, but unless you like being ignored and sitting around for hours do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.
- It has potentialMelissaGDined on 4/11/2014I was excited to try out the place since it was new and sounded promising. Our appetizer of onion rings took a bit long but they were good. I ordered a turkey burger but was served a regular burger. Didn't notice it right away until I bit into it. It was rather delicious, but it wasn't what I ordered. Our server had not been by to check on us so I finally flagged someone down and explained that I had ordered a turkey burger. He apologized and went to get the turkey burger instead. Took about 5 minutes and I got the turkey burger. Sadly, the regular burger tasted better - should have stuck with that. Seemed weird that manager never came back to check, offer apology, offer some discount or dessert. Not sure whether I will be back again.Special Features:
- YumGinaDined on 4/9/2014The food was excellent and served in a timely manner, the waitress was awesome and our party of six, one being an infant, it was nice, not too loud, ambiance was calm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/5/2014Food was very good, steaks and burgers done to perfection with authentic beef flavor. It was too noisy, however, and way too casual. The cement floor was off-putting. Our server was excellent.
- Great Addition to RosevilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Good place for friends to meet, eat good food and socialize.Special Features:
- Great TaproomOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014Digby's not only has a great craft beer list but very good food as well; after our first time there it will likely be our "go to" restaurant before going to the movies. We had the pretzels with beer-cheese dip for an appetizer and it was excellent without being too filling/dense. For our entrees I had the mushroom and swiss burger, which was still juicy even when ordered as "no pink". The other ingredients on the burger all stood out and tasted very good as well (great cheese). My dining companion had the Short Rib Reuben, which was the pleasant surprise of the night. They nailed the sauce and the beef short rib tasted very good without being stringy/chewy. I would totally recommend Digby's to anyone, and we plan on going back soon.Special Features:
- The food and service wereMomdinerDined on 4/5/2014The food and service were great. I would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceswit0028Dined on 4/4/2014My husband and I decided to try this place since the menu looked good online and we spend a lot of time in Roseville. I made the reservation about a week in advance and put a special note that it is for my husband's birthday. I also called the day of and reminded them of this and to bring him a surprise dessert-- this was completely ignored. Not only was the service poor (our server didn't check on us, forgot drinks, couldn't read his own writing on the order), I also had to ask for a dessert in front of my husband. Defeats the purpose of it being a surprise. They didn't even have candles! That being said, the food was delicious. We shared fish & chips & a burger. Both great. If we returned, it would be just for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMrsBensonDined on 3/29/2014I went with a group of four on the second day the restaurant was open. You couldn't tell that the restaurant was new by the service levels...they were fine. The food though, was pretty "meh". Nothing great, nothing horrible. I'll probably give it another try because it's in my neighborhood and maybe they'll make some changes once they receive feedback. However, it's definitely not going to be on my list of "must go" restaurants.