777 E. Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.digdelray.com/
- Phone: (561) 279-1002
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Juice Bar opens daily at 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Organic off-site catering available. Call for details
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
- Private Party Contact: Robert 5612791002x
- Entertainment: Call for more information
A word from DIG
DIG - which stands for Doing It Green - made its debut on Atlantic Ave in June of 2011. It is now under NEW OWNERSHIP of Mother and her Daughters. With ample outdoor seating as well as open air and conventional indoor dining, it is perfect for all occasions. DIG uses all organic and local produce whenever possible. All of their meats are free range, wild caught and ethically tended. Although they are by no means a vegetarian restaurant, they have the ability to cater to vegetarian, vegan and gluten free diets while still offering top notch 'meat & potato' options. DIG also has a wide array of craft & local beers, wines for every palate and great specialty cocktails. Live entertainment almost every night!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DIG reviews from OpenTable diners
- Relaxing lunchEatingdpandagVIPDined on 4/26/2014We were seated outside as requested when making the reservation. Live music which was a surprise. Service slightly slow but the waiter explained he was short handed today and tried in every way to accommodate us. We were there to catch up with an old friend so it was just fine in my book. Dig salad with chicken was very good. Turkey burger and Caesar like salad both got high marks. A relaxing afternoon with good friends and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beaut. place & staff was very frienOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014I made the dinner reservation online specifying this was a birthday celebration. There was a festival in town so I called for alternate directions. This was important since I was coming there with people with limited mobility. The directions were way off and we were driving around for quite a while with someone who has dementia-related mood issues. He tried to not react but you could tell he was unnerved. I had to ask for the waiter to be sent to the table twice since we were just waiting (the service was inattentive). My order was incorrect and there was no mention of a birthday or free dessert. My dish was bland (and I am not your average foodie-I don't use added salt but I do use herbs and peppers). Tomato sauce was too thick and acidy.Special Features:
- very good fooddelrayjimVIPDined on 4/19/2014For a sat night, it was easy to get a table here. Great food, service and wine, but it took awhile for the food to come out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food; service...not so muchJOReviewDined on 4/17/2014I booked a reservation for 11:45. We arrived to an empty restaurant at 11:30. Order placed by 11:40, and we were still waiting for our food at 12:15. The waitress just did not have any customer service skills. We weren't even complaining about the wait time, but she felt compelled to tell us that "the problem is we came in early so the ovens weren't warm yet." Really? Shouldn't you come in and turn the ovens on about a half hour before you open for service? And certainly, having customers shouldn't be a "problem." She also was argumentative with the people next to us. Well, the food was amazing and well worth the wait, but my experience was overshadowed by the insulting waitress. I expected a lot more in the quality of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Hummus appetizer.YummmDined on 4/14/2014Try the Hummus appetizer. Delicious seafood. Relaxed atmosphere. Overall delightSpecial Features:
- Organic Food in Delray BeachajfharnettDined on 4/8/2014Frankly we were disappointed. There is a clear commitment to a standard around organic, which is admirable. However the experience of eating at DIG is not outstanding. The food is OK. We had a split pea soup (good), an eggplant rollatini ( disappointing), a caesar salad ( very good), two filet mignon steaks, which were perfectly cooked i.e. blue. However the steak literally had no flavor. A flourless chocolate cake was very good. The wine, a malbec was fine. Overall an OK experience. Bottom line, we would not return.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch & Saturday Dinnerpaulyb7Dined on 4/6/2014A fabulous restaurant with excellent and knowlegable staff. Great food, great prices, great water and incredible creme brulee:) A 5 star experience. Went to dinner on a Saturday night with friends. My wife then took the entire family for a Sunday Brunch. The musi was very nice too.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014I have a very limited diet, Paleo and other health concerns, and I know I can trust Dig to accommodate my needs and serve the purest healthiest food that is delicious. Being in the courtyard makes it peaceful and charming.Special Features:
- Fabulous cuisine and servicePeteyDined on 4/4/2014We were a table of four friends meeting for dinner. Some live local others from Colorado and NYC. Our compliments to the chef-- our meals were exceptional! Mahi, Chicken Florentine, crab cakes, hummus appetizer, all were prepared to perfection. Fresh ingredients, tasteful presentation of dishes, attention to detail. Good wine selection, too. Our server, Michael, was great. He was there when we needed him and otherwise let us be. Lastly, the music was lovely, the volva list added sparkle to dining under the stars. We will definitely done here again. PeteSpecial Features:
- We came for lunch and allbarbVIPDined on 4/2/2014We came for lunch and all the tables outside were taken (except one in the very hot sun ) so we sat inside. SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE……..we waited 15 minutes…..perhaps more….for someone to come over and take our drink order. Menu is fine. Nothing inventive or compelling. Mediterranean salad okay! I like that it had dates. We didn't have desserts, but they all looked interesting and all gluten free. Great for someone who can't eat gluten I guess. Otherwise, not enough vegetarian and vegan options. Perhaps there is a dinner menu with better variety and choices.
- We Digged-ITOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014Food is always fresh and love the outside seating with music.Special Features:
- Great Find!MikeHDined on 3/22/2014I ate here with my family for the first time last week. We moved to the neighborhood recently and I wish we had found this place sooner! Everything we ordered was awesome! The Salmon and Scallops were cooked perfectly. We also had a hummus appetizer that was a great size and perfect for sharing. Our daughter is at a picky stage so they made her whole wheat pasta with butter as a special request and even brought it out early so that we could get her started as soon as possible. Their wine list is also very unique. They have a number of great craft beers available too so there was something for me and something for my wife! Overall, it was great and we will be back soon!Special Features:
- A gem in the roughDelraydinerVIPDined on 3/18/2014I found this on open table and loved the concept of farm to table. The food did not disappoint. Everyone loved their meal! We sat outside in a little walkway between stores. There was entertainment that was too loud that we had a hard time hearing. That was the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experience...FoodGuy726Dined on 3/15/2014Nice place with decent food and live music but the service was horrible and ruined the whole experience. Server said he would bring bread but never did, never came to refill drinks and I had to ask him to check on our food after 45 mins; I would have asked sooner but we never saw him - When he did it was sitting next n the kitchen the entire time!! Two tables near us had similiar experiences and one of the tables even asked to speak with the manager who seemed overwhelmed and unable to please the patrons. Although there were other choices on the menu that we thought would be good to try my wife and I will never dine here again.
- Really, really good.VTBlueDined on 3/15/2014Love the fact that someone had the insight to open an organic/local restaurant and to do such a good job with it. The vegetarian I was with (the rest of us are carnivores) was over the moon with the menu and her meal. Everyone's meal was excellent with only one - the grilled chicken parmesan - not eliciting raves. The owner is there and is absolutely customer-focused. We walked in, inquired about sitting outdoors, and the hostess said there were no more tables available; the owner then said "If you would like to sit outside, we'll bring a table out there for you." And he was all over the place checking on things in his own subtle way. Again, the food was terrific and we highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the soup...MsantiseDined on 3/14/2014One of the best things to try here is the maple pumpkin soup. It is incredible. I get it every time I'm here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy and PleasantsatisfiedDined on 3/8/2014If you want fresh and tasty food, you will not be disappointed…..DIG delivers in this area. However, we chose to eat inside as outside seemed to be too noisy with the music at the level it was playing The restaurant itself is fine, but it lacks a feeling of intimacy if that is what you are looking for……It is comfortable space wise as the tables are not on top of each other, but it does not have that "special ambience. Overall, I would recommend and would definitely go back. Experience was pleasant and food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our and wine selections. Our waiter was courteous and attentive. The ambience was relaxing and comfortable. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- gorgeousstaarDined on 3/5/2014Grass Fed Florida beef Waygu Burger, grassfed Lamb, wild caught Salmon, (I think he said Canadian) Produce is all Organic, Local when available.... And DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! I had the Lamb Lollipops and Mediterranean Salad had chickpeas and dates on it! my fiancé had the burger, which I tasted, AND they have gluten-free buns available upon request! We are getting married in October, and I think we found our wedding reception spot! ^_^Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance, nice menufoodieVIPDined on 3/4/2014Lovely ambiance, nice menu but service is very slow.Special Features:
- health nutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Food was delicious,super healthy,and the service was great. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service!MFineVIPDined on 2/23/2014We ended leaving hungry because we waited for more than an hour to get our appetizer.
- Horrendous service on Friday nightimagesbyjonevanDined on 2/21/2014I have eaten at DIG at least 10 times and was a customer when they were at their old location. I was joined yesterday by two friends and we had reservations for 7:15,,we added two to the party and got seated at 7:45. The table we were seated at had never been occupied before us. After ten minutes, a busboy brought over bread and water. At least ten minutes after that, the waitress came over and introduced herself, neglected to introduce the staff member she was training and took our order. We got served an appetizer rather quickly, but the main meal was served after 8:45.
- Inconsistant ServiceshellVIPDined on 2/20/2014The food and service are generally great for lunch and was very good on 2/20. However the service at dinner on 3 different occasions was very bad. They made the excuse about being short staffed. The first time it was ok, things happen and we were not in a rush, just hungry but we were not bothered by it. When it happened again on the 2/20, we waited nearly and hour, no exaggeration and never even received our appetizer. After 45 minutes, we asked our server about our food for a 2nd time and he did not return for at least another 10 minutes and told us that they "lost' our ticket. I would highly recommend Dig for lunch but not for dinner. The vegan lasagne is wonderful. Try it for lunch.
- TERRIBLE SERVICEDonnyDined on 2/17/2014Terrible service. Waited over an hour for our food we never received. Server disappeared and was no help. Others got their orders ate and were done as we sat. Begged four times for bread as we waited. Finally paid for our drinks and leftm Called to talk to a manager the next day and never got a return callSpecial Features:
- Good food terrible serviceEFalcaroVIPDined on 2/16/2014We were second table to be seeded.Told them when they seated us we were going to the tennis matches.Order taken and we waited over 30 minutes and no food although several tables around us were served.Told waitress again about the tennis matches. Finally brought eggs for my wife an friends.Allof which were cold.They did not send them back because it was now after 12PM.My French toast was missing which I noticed was on the table next to us who arrived after us.My French toast arrived 10 minutes.My toast was hot.My friend asked to speak with the manager.No response.On our way out we were told our waitress was the manager. Poor service.Even worse attitude.
- Food is cooked to order andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2014Food is cooked to order and all food is great quality and delicious. Be patient with the service of the entrée. It's worth itSpecial Features:
- Great food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great place for health conscience people. Servers were very slow but we were not in a hurry so we were fine with it. It took 15 to 20 minutes for a server to come to our table but it was Vaentines day so they were busy. We had already heard about slow service before we went. Went back for appetizers and drinks the next day. Service was poor again. Servers also don't seem very knowledgeable about the menu items. Other than the service everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in delray!TriciaVIPDined on 2/11/2014Can't rave enough about this great organic restaurant! Everything we had was delicious and we went back for lunch on the patio twice! Terrific owner, waitstaff and food. Couldn't ask for more!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good but not great.artist22Dined on 2/6/2014I love this place but find the service to always be less and less. The wait staff seems to be Inexperienced, and the ho stess always seem to have her mind on something else. The food is almost always good but the other night, I had a chicken dish and the chicken was the size of a Weight Watchers portion and the mashed potatoes was enough for 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty healthy organicCelebrationDined on 2/5/2014Interesting set up with nice indoor and outdoor seating. Juice bar on one side would allow you to get a juice anytime. Really flavorful food. I had stuffed eggplant and the server recommended an Italian organic Cabernet which was great. Only complaint is the website has wrong address and phone number. When you make your reservation on website using Open Table link, you then get correct address and phone number! Crazy this is not corrected. This error had my guest go to old address and when I called the phone number another restaurant that was happy to take my reservations. CORRECT the website! I will go again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service even thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2014Very slow service even though the restaurant was not very crowded. We were told that it takes a long time because everything is cooked from scratch. The food when it eventually came, was acceptable but not exceptional. I would not go back.
- The service was slow, butSuzinVIPDined on 2/1/2014The service was slow, but the server comped 3 drinks. The main courses were very good but room temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menu Miserable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014DiG had lovely outdoor seating. The menu is very creative. We shared the DiG salad and then had the seared tuna and chicken florentine. The salad was great and the entrees were good. What was the real draw was the great beers on tap. However it took forever for a waiter come to us. When they finally came over and took our drink order another waiter came over and said they were our waiter. Our food was delivered to the wrong table. We sat with empty drinks through most of our meal. After dinner we waited so long for someone to ask if we wanted dessert or a check that we got up to ask for it. Because of the ambience and the good food I'd consider a return visit but the service makes it doubtful that will happen.Special Features:
- Do not go hereCriticDined on 2/1/2014Terrible experience. It took 21/2 hrs to get our food. Service is absolutely terrible.
- Food very slow, and OKDubsVIPDined on 2/1/2014Salmon was good, but slow. Waiter was good, but food really mediocre otherwise, and very slow.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Server, Jeremy, needs training in table service & table manners. Did he ever know you are supposed to begin taking food orders with ladies, not reaching in front of guests to remove plates, not reaching across table to remove plates, seeing that water glasses are filled, and not attending to waiting guests for desert and final check. My husband and I had 4 guests for dinner after I had given glowing reports of DIG. An embarrassment for us for the evening spent at DIG.Special Features:
- Nice organic and fresh selectionallstarh2opoloDined on 1/24/2014Nice organic and fresh selection of options. Juice bar too!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014Slow service. Very nice sitting outside but had to ask for set up after food served.(no napkin, form or knife). Salads good but not fantastic for price.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceFoodie16VIPDined on 1/19/2014DIG had fantastic food when we finally got it. We went for Sunday brunch and it took almost an hour to get an omelet and French toast. When it arrived it was wonderful but it should not take that long. Our server was also very laconic. Overall, I would got back but management needs to work on the service.Special Features: