Different Pointe of View
Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
11111 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Different Pointe of View
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.differentpointeofview.com/
- Phone: 602-866-6350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday - Thursday, 6 - 9:30 pm; Friday, 6 - 10 pm; Saturday, 6 - 10 pm; / Terrace Room: 5pm - Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony DeMuro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Known as the premier destination wedding location in the state, Different Pointe of View's cliff-side ceremony site and stunning terraces are unmatched. Also very popular for corporate events, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and celebrations of all kinds, you have to see this venue to believe it. Contact Traci Fox at 602-866-6397 for a site tour today!
A word from Different Pointe of View
Poised 1,800 feet above the Valley of the Sun, Different Pointe of View offers guests breathtaking views second only to the outstanding regional American cuisine that features fresh local and organic ingredients. The restaurant's mountaintop location and floor to ceiling windows provide stunning views of the desert landscape, the city's twinkling lights in the distance and Arizona's brilliant sunsets. No restaurant in the state has a longer streak of consecutive AAA four-diamond awards and Sunset Magazine named it one of the top 10 mountaintop restaurants in the nation. Valley residents have come for years to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, romantic evenings or just treat themselves to one of the most unique Arizona experiences. The Terrace Room Lounge, next to the restaurant, features one of the largest patios and a nine foot fire pit on the cliff sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Different Pointe of View - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Different Pointe of View reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (110)romantic (105)special occasion (102)great for outdoor dining (47)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (14)good for groups (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This is a great couples night. Not crowded and very romantic.Special Features:
- BigDDined on 10/17/2014The manager and the server went out of their way to make the evening special. The view is spectacular. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROMANCE WITH A BEAUTIFUL VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The Different Pointe Of View is built on top of a mountain stone cliff. It is very beautiful , classy , upscale , elegant and very romantic with a beautiful scenic view of the city lights at night. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions , honeymoons , anniversaries, for that special date when you want to impress. My 3rd time there though I choose a entrée that I expected to taste better so I was a little disappointed in the flavor of the deep diver scallops, I should have stuck with the filet mignon. And our waiter was busy and didn't check back with us as often as we would have liked but we understood. If you choose to be seated outside at night bring a flashlight to read menu or ask waiter for one , dim candlelight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJockey1500Dined on 10/17/2014Awesome food and great romantic and intimate setting for any occasion realySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAndiamosVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had the "Chef's Selection" which means we had no clue what to expect for our 5 course meal. It was delicious! Service is wonderful and the view was stupendous. Highly recommend this to anyone going to the Phoenix area.Special Features:
- Good bisque, good views...that's itTrustyDined on 10/16/2014Went for our 10 year anniv. Was a bit disappointed that we didn't get a window table but our table wasn't so bad. best service given to us by the secondary waiter who truly seemed like he wanted to be there. The service overall was so uninspired, not even close to what you'd expect from a "high end" restaurant. Amuse Bouche, a bay scallop on top asparagus looked 2 days old and texture and taste left me feeling like my eyes weren't lying. They should drop it. sauce on the plate was dried out. Ordered the lobster bisque and pork belly for app. Both quite good with the bisque being best in show. Ordered there shrimp dish (Cheesecake Factory level) and filet mignon (trying too hard to be fancy, didn't work). Cocktails small for the $$.Special Features:
- Special occasionTBirdDined on 10/15/2014Our Anniversary dinner @ DPOV was Amazing. Enjoyed the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMac51tangoDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I wanted a great experience for our tenth year and Different Pointe of View delivered! Everything looked so good we didn't know what to eat so we did the 5 course chef special with wine pairing. It was absolutely the best meal we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!BessDined on 10/7/2014Most beautiful place in the world. Excellent food. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely go for a special occasion. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperienceHaildocDined on 10/7/2014I made a reservation for my wife's birthday to include family from out of town. I made reservations for the four of us for 6:15pm, because we wanted to see the sunset as well as the night lights. Unfortunately, it was very cloudy that day and there was no beautiful Arizona sunset to enjoy; not the restaurant's fault. The restaurant doesn't open until 6:00pm and our reservation was 6:15, but when we ordered there was only one of the chef's daily specials left and our waiter had to scurry off to the kitchen to see if he could save it for us. Our waiter was professional and courteous, but not much personality. The food was excellent and the portions were large enough to be enjoyed, but not so large that you felt like you had gorged yourself.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceLivinginandLovingAZDined on 10/7/2014Wonderful service food and ambiance. Had the halibut special and it was to die for as was the chopped salad. Great location and every table has a view. Nice way to spend out anniversary and well worth the hour drive from Rio Verde. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!!BeautifulDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and this restaurant was the perfect place. We sat outside and the weather and view was beautiful. The food was excellent and the service was above expected. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occasion or a relaxing romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Wow!Time2EatDined on 10/3/2014This is our 2nd time at this restaurant. Perfect! Sitting outside during sunset with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSaraluvDined on 9/30/2014Nice dinner place. Amazing hanger steak! 😛 services was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linda's ObservationLindaDined on 9/28/2014The cuisine, atmosphere and service were superb. An excellent restaurant to celebrate special occasions and enjoy the views.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningScottsdaleDinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014We came to dinner for our anniversary - the view, service, and food were fabulous. We have been here a number of times, and will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Always above averageKentDined on 9/26/2014Selection,service, presentation and quality always to notch.Special Features:
- ABCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Food and drinks were expensive, especially since it was from the restaurant week menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner & fantastic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014A beautiful spot for dinner overlooking the Phoenix valley. Service was perfect and all courses were excellent, including the presentation. We have been here several times and each time has ben thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Another great experienceBostonkayDined on 9/25/2014We dine at Different Pointe of View about once a year. It keeps getting better. Go for the amazing views and enjoy the great food and the attentive service. We ate off the Restaurant Week menu. Collectively our party of 4 had eaten at 6 different restaurants that week and everyone agreed the DPoV was most enjoyable/best food/best value of our experience. We had a gluten-free diner in our party and the staff was very helpful and - more than that - welcoming. This is a great place to bring out of town guest, go for a romantic evening, celebrate an anniversary. This restaurant has always been nice 'event' location because of the views but in the last 5 years they have really stepped up their game and deliver the full dining experience.Special Features:
- beautiful view, great viewSeanspicksDined on 9/19/2014Absolutely ideal for a date night. The view of Phoenix is spectacular from anywhere in the restaurant. The staff is professional yet funny and are willing to help you with anything you need. Even though there is only 7 entrees to choose from those 7 entrees are prepared to the highest standards. I absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great relaxed yet refined place to get a drink, to eat, to take that certain special someone out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJmartinezDined on 9/19/2014Very romantic with the settings and the views Of the city Staff very helpful ordered flowers upon making reservation through open table option enhanced our great dining experience flowers were there waiting on the table girlfriend was very impressed - definitely a nice restaurant for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time and not the lastsammesteDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had a great romantic time. The food was as excellent and our waiter was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, amazing viewLIsixersDined on 9/13/2014We went here for dinner while on vacation and very much enjoyed the food and service - but loved the view of Phoenix from this hill-top location at the Hilton. The $39 three-course dinner was very good and a good value. We would definitely go back if ever in Phoenix!Special Features:
- Romantic AnniversaryNew2AZDined on 9/4/2014We booked a reservation online and requested a table right by the window, we got what we asked for :). All the food was good, but the lobster bisque was amazing! It was also decently priced as we did the summer special for $40 each you get an appy, main course and dessert. The view was beautiful (we got a lightening show that night) and the waiters were friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average experienceJLVBDined on 9/2/2014When we attended there was almost no one in the restaurant....my food was served barely warm (as if it had been under a heat lamp). For what we paid my meal was disappointing (husband loved his).Special Features:
- A Jewel with blemishesBobbyDVIPDined on 8/30/2014It's a shame that a restuarant with a prime location/view allowed itself to deteriorate to mediocrity. They've eliminated the tiered seating which allowed georgeous views of the city lights. An unforgivable issue is the floor in the main dining area. It sits over a storeroom (we were told) and is not fully supported. We felt like we were on a trampoline every time anyone walked even remotely near us. This was very annoying. In addition, when we went to the bar (Terrace Room) prior to dinner for a cocktail, the "bartender" told us that they were short handed and that he drew the short straw because he had some past bar experience. It turns out his dad owned a local bar and he worked there on occassion. It was evident. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- everything was wonderful except....OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014What a great experience. Food, service and view were the best. The only issue is the lighting. It is unpleasant to feel like one is sitting under a klieg light. All tables appeared to have the same issue. Hire a lighting expert and create an atmosphere.Special Features:
- Birthday & Marriage Proposal DinnerSoCaltoPhoenixDined on 8/28/2014The total experience at Different Pointe of View was amazing! The flowers I ordered were waiting at our table, and the entire evening was magical. After dinner we went out to the viewing area to enjoy the city lights. Our attentive waiter saw me propose to my sweetheart, and brought us a couple glasses of champagne. Our total dining experience was memorable, and we thoroughly enjoyed everything from the bread, appetizers, main entrées, and dessert. We "closed the place down," and never felt like we were being rushed. Our thanks to the entire staff, and we will most definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Fabulous!TPauDined on 8/26/2014I choose this location because I heard they had an incredible view. I am very pleased and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go there every yearMatchstickladyDined on 8/26/2014We go here every year to celebrate our anniversary. This year was 26 yrs. we get there early enough to enjoy drink on the Terrace below and wait for our table. Our anniversary is in end of summer but the chef always has a summer special. Food is superb! Service is top notch and every year they make us feel like a king and queen if only for a few hours. God willing they will continue to see us every year for many more! Would recommend to anyone for a special or romantic occasion. Can't say enough positive things!Special Features:
- 36th Anniversary2havingfunDined on 8/26/2014This was our first time at The Different Point of View and we loved it. I reserved for 36th Anniversary and what a great experience. The complete staff was fabulous the hostess greeted us with a happy anniversary and seated us at a window table with a fabulous view. Our waiter was fabulous he was very friendly and very knowledgeable of food and how it was prepared. After dinner the Chef came to the table and that was a great touch being able to meet him. This meal way the best we have eaten in the valley in the last 20 years and the great food, staff, and atmosphere made the special night great I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional diningLucky13dinersDined on 8/23/2014When we first arrived we where not real sure which roads to take to get up to the restaurant. But once we arrived, it was beautiful was well worth it. We had a very romantic time w/ a amazing view. Definitely we will be back. A great experience.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceJJScottsdaleDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my sister's birthday. The host and waiter each said happy birthday to my sister and gave her a complimentary dessert. Nice food presentation and very good.Special Features:
- Best view in the ValleyKARENDined on 8/19/2014Time your reservation to enjoy the spectacular sunset view from this classic mountaintop restaurant! We took advantage of their summer fixed-price menu of 3 items for $39. The food was very good, but people come here mainly for the view, which is marvelous. This time we had a waiter who was overly formal and not very friendly--but on past visits we have had waiters who made us feel a lot more welcome, so I think we were just unlucky this time. Visit this unique Phoenix restaurant for your next special occasion dinner and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- On top of the worldOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Most amazing view and great food - only complaint is that I requested window table and we were seated literally adjacent to the kitchen. Made advanced reservation so disappointing but a great special occasion experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RemembervalentinesDined on 8/13/2014My girlfriend and I dined here for our one year anniversary. I let the restaurant know the reason for our visit and they went above and beyond to make our experience incredible. The manager greeted us and took us to our table while making a point to wish us a happy anniversary. He was able to recommend a wine that suited us both as my girlfriend prefers an off-dry red and I prefer dry. He picked a perfect medium. Our wait staff was exceptional and I don't believe we went more than 5 minutes without having water filled or being asked how we were enjoying the meal. I would highly recommend it for any romantic dinner and the prices were not extraordinary for a restaurant with this quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lipatDined on 8/9/2014I took my friend for his birthday dinner. I was a little worried because some of the reviews about the food weren't too great. I'm so glad we went here. I loved this place. The view was unbelievable. The food was delicious. The only issue I had was that the service was a little slow. But because the place was absolutely amazing the wait didn't really bother me as much. I would definetly go back to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Intimate with stunning viewsSueMVIPDined on 8/8/2014The views are stunning. Just go and experience it for yourself. We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent with larger portions, which we elected to share, allowing us to try an array of items, on the menu. Our waiter was so professional, knowing the menu offerings and sharing his personal favorites. We will continue to go back and have recommended this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTrinaVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had a lovely dinner, food was excellent. Ambiance is great and the view is beautifulSpecial Features: