Different Pointe of View
Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
11111 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Different Pointe of View
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.differentpointeofview.com/
- Phone: 602-866-6350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday - Thursday, 6 - 9:30 pm; Friday, 6 - 10 pm; Saturday, 6 - 10 pm; / Terrace Room: 5pm - Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony DeMuro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Known as the premier destination wedding location in the state, Different Pointe of View's cliff-side ceremony site and stunning terraces are unmatched. Also very popular for corporate events, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and celebrations of all kinds, you have to see this venue to believe it. Contact Traci Fox at 602-866-6397 for a site tour today!
A word from Different Pointe of View
Poised 1,800 feet above the Valley of the Sun, Different Pointe of View offers guests breathtaking views second only to the outstanding regional American cuisine that features fresh local and organic ingredients. The restaurant's mountaintop location and floor to ceiling windows provide stunning views of the desert landscape, the city's twinkling lights in the distance and Arizona's brilliant sunsets. No restaurant in the state has a longer streak of consecutive AAA four-diamond awards and Sunset Magazine named it one of the top 10 mountaintop restaurants in the nation. Valley residents have come for years to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, romantic evenings or just treat themselves to one of the most unique Arizona experiences. The Terrace Room Lounge, next to the restaurant, features one of the largest patios and a nine foot fire pit on the cliff sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Different Pointe of View - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Different Pointe of View reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (116)romantic (110)special occasion (105)great for outdoor dining (49)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (16)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (10)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Always above averageKentDined on 9/26/2014Selection,service, presentation and quality always to notch.Special Features:
- ABCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Food and drinks were expensive, especially since it was from the restaurant week menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner & fantastic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014A beautiful spot for dinner overlooking the Phoenix valley. Service was perfect and all courses were excellent, including the presentation. We have been here several times and each time has ben thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Another great experienceBostonkayDined on 9/25/2014We dine at Different Pointe of View about once a year. It keeps getting better. Go for the amazing views and enjoy the great food and the attentive service. We ate off the Restaurant Week menu. Collectively our party of 4 had eaten at 6 different restaurants that week and everyone agreed the DPoV was most enjoyable/best food/best value of our experience. We had a gluten-free diner in our party and the staff was very helpful and - more than that - welcoming. This is a great place to bring out of town guest, go for a romantic evening, celebrate an anniversary. This restaurant has always been nice 'event' location because of the views but in the last 5 years they have really stepped up their game and deliver the full dining experience.Special Features:
- beautiful view, great viewSeanspicksDined on 9/19/2014Absolutely ideal for a date night. The view of Phoenix is spectacular from anywhere in the restaurant. The staff is professional yet funny and are willing to help you with anything you need. Even though there is only 7 entrees to choose from those 7 entrees are prepared to the highest standards. I absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great relaxed yet refined place to get a drink, to eat, to take that certain special someone out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJmartinezDined on 9/19/2014Very romantic with the settings and the views Of the city Staff very helpful ordered flowers upon making reservation through open table option enhanced our great dining experience flowers were there waiting on the table girlfriend was very impressed - definitely a nice restaurant for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time and not the lastsammesteDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had a great romantic time. The food was as excellent and our waiter was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, amazing viewLIsixersDined on 9/13/2014We went here for dinner while on vacation and very much enjoyed the food and service - but loved the view of Phoenix from this hill-top location at the Hilton. The $39 three-course dinner was very good and a good value. We would definitely go back if ever in Phoenix!Special Features:
- Romantic AnniversaryNew2AZDined on 9/4/2014We booked a reservation online and requested a table right by the window, we got what we asked for :). All the food was good, but the lobster bisque was amazing! It was also decently priced as we did the summer special for $40 each you get an appy, main course and dessert. The view was beautiful (we got a lightening show that night) and the waiters were friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average experienceJLVBDined on 9/2/2014When we attended there was almost no one in the restaurant....my food was served barely warm (as if it had been under a heat lamp). For what we paid my meal was disappointing (husband loved his).Special Features:
- A Jewel with blemishesBobbyDVIPDined on 8/30/2014It's a shame that a restuarant with a prime location/view allowed itself to deteriorate to mediocrity. They've eliminated the tiered seating which allowed georgeous views of the city lights. An unforgivable issue is the floor in the main dining area. It sits over a storeroom (we were told) and is not fully supported. We felt like we were on a trampoline every time anyone walked even remotely near us. This was very annoying. In addition, when we went to the bar (Terrace Room) prior to dinner for a cocktail, the "bartender" told us that they were short handed and that he drew the short straw because he had some past bar experience. It turns out his dad owned a local bar and he worked there on occassion. It was evident. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- everything was wonderful except....OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014What a great experience. Food, service and view were the best. The only issue is the lighting. It is unpleasant to feel like one is sitting under a klieg light. All tables appeared to have the same issue. Hire a lighting expert and create an atmosphere.Special Features:
- Birthday & Marriage Proposal DinnerSoCaltoPhoenixDined on 8/28/2014The total experience at Different Pointe of View was amazing! The flowers I ordered were waiting at our table, and the entire evening was magical. After dinner we went out to the viewing area to enjoy the city lights. Our attentive waiter saw me propose to my sweetheart, and brought us a couple glasses of champagne. Our total dining experience was memorable, and we thoroughly enjoyed everything from the bread, appetizers, main entrées, and dessert. We "closed the place down," and never felt like we were being rushed. Our thanks to the entire staff, and we will most definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Fabulous!TPauDined on 8/26/2014I choose this location because I heard they had an incredible view. I am very pleased and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go there every yearMatchstickladyDined on 8/26/2014We go here every year to celebrate our anniversary. This year was 26 yrs. we get there early enough to enjoy drink on the Terrace below and wait for our table. Our anniversary is in end of summer but the chef always has a summer special. Food is superb! Service is top notch and every year they make us feel like a king and queen if only for a few hours. God willing they will continue to see us every year for many more! Would recommend to anyone for a special or romantic occasion. Can't say enough positive things!Special Features:
- 36th Anniversary2havingfunDined on 8/26/2014This was our first time at The Different Point of View and we loved it. I reserved for 36th Anniversary and what a great experience. The complete staff was fabulous the hostess greeted us with a happy anniversary and seated us at a window table with a fabulous view. Our waiter was fabulous he was very friendly and very knowledgeable of food and how it was prepared. After dinner the Chef came to the table and that was a great touch being able to meet him. This meal way the best we have eaten in the valley in the last 20 years and the great food, staff, and atmosphere made the special night great I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional diningLucky13dinersDined on 8/23/2014When we first arrived we where not real sure which roads to take to get up to the restaurant. But once we arrived, it was beautiful was well worth it. We had a very romantic time w/ a amazing view. Definitely we will be back. A great experience.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceJJScottsdaleDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my sister's birthday. The host and waiter each said happy birthday to my sister and gave her a complimentary dessert. Nice food presentation and very good.Special Features:
- Best view in the ValleyKARENDined on 8/19/2014Time your reservation to enjoy the spectacular sunset view from this classic mountaintop restaurant! We took advantage of their summer fixed-price menu of 3 items for $39. The food was very good, but people come here mainly for the view, which is marvelous. This time we had a waiter who was overly formal and not very friendly--but on past visits we have had waiters who made us feel a lot more welcome, so I think we were just unlucky this time. Visit this unique Phoenix restaurant for your next special occasion dinner and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- On top of the worldOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Most amazing view and great food - only complaint is that I requested window table and we were seated literally adjacent to the kitchen. Made advanced reservation so disappointing but a great special occasion experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RemembervalentinesDined on 8/13/2014My girlfriend and I dined here for our one year anniversary. I let the restaurant know the reason for our visit and they went above and beyond to make our experience incredible. The manager greeted us and took us to our table while making a point to wish us a happy anniversary. He was able to recommend a wine that suited us both as my girlfriend prefers an off-dry red and I prefer dry. He picked a perfect medium. Our wait staff was exceptional and I don't believe we went more than 5 minutes without having water filled or being asked how we were enjoying the meal. I would highly recommend it for any romantic dinner and the prices were not extraordinary for a restaurant with this quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lipatDined on 8/9/2014I took my friend for his birthday dinner. I was a little worried because some of the reviews about the food weren't too great. I'm so glad we went here. I loved this place. The view was unbelievable. The food was delicious. The only issue I had was that the service was a little slow. But because the place was absolutely amazing the wait didn't really bother me as much. I would definetly go back to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Intimate with stunning viewsSueMVIPDined on 8/8/2014The views are stunning. Just go and experience it for yourself. We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent with larger portions, which we elected to share, allowing us to try an array of items, on the menu. Our waiter was so professional, knowing the menu offerings and sharing his personal favorites. We will continue to go back and have recommended this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTrinaVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had a lovely dinner, food was excellent. Ambiance is great and the view is beautifulSpecial Features:
- RogwriterDined on 8/2/2014The setting and views are unique. It's a marvelous place to dine. Not only the patrons, but the wait staff loves this place. Our waiter has been working there for more than 20 years and his love for the restaurant and serving people was evident in the excellent service we received. And he wasn't the most tenured server. The view is fabulous and the food is prepared in accordance to make sure it is an extraordinary dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall is goodvalentineDined on 8/1/2014waiter is good, manager is better. our waiter is good, but not that good. we poured our water and other waiters came to help, not ours. he is slow after all. the lobster soup is extremely good! the entree tastes awful, the steak is specially awful.the dessert is terrible! the chiffon cake disappointed us a lot, the ice-cream, chocolate one, is melting once I got it. I highly suggest you shall change your chef for the dessert! it is not that kinda dessert such great restaurant shall have!Special Features:
- Amazing view, food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed every moment of our experience - the view is to die for, the food was amazing and the service impeccable! Also being off-peak season the special menu pricing made the entire meal fantastic value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experienceajluv1Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first visit to this resturant with my wife and I. The food was amazing and definatly worth the price. We enjoyed the great serivce from valet parking down to the dinner and dessert. They were very friendly and gave us a little extra dessert for our 1st year anniversary. Most importantly the place had a beautiful scenic view and definatly a very romantic place to take your spouse. I would strongly reccomend more people to come and enjoy this beautiful restuarant especially couples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View to match the great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent place to celebrate and enjoy time togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great point of view of PhoenixMIAGIDined on 7/24/2014Wonderful place to over look the night lights of Phoenix!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014The food was outstanding and the service was good. Our server lacked wine expertise. Will recommend to our friends.Special Features:
- Fabulous for Special OccasionsDanaNotmanVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Different Pointe of View when we felt the need to celebrate nothing in particular. It's a fantastic restaurant. The service was remarkable - our server was so energetic about the menu items that I wanted to eat everything he describe. Our food was also delicious (I had the vegetarian dinner option, and my husband enjoyed a fantastic white fish special), and I particularly enjoyed the table bread and spread options they provided. Our drinks and wine were also delicious. I can't wait to have another reason to celebrate so we can go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!TreatedlikeRoyaltyDined on 7/19/2014Food and waiter were both outstanding. Staff always refilling ice water and tea...very appreciated on a hot day. Enjoyed complimentary appetizers and desserts. Even had a knife slide into my puree in my plate. The waiter replaced the knife with a clean one...very professional. My wife and I felt we were treated like Royalty.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!GLOWDined on 7/18/2014Best dinner my husband and I have ever had! Total package...GREAT service, delicious food and the view was breathtaking! The Lobster bisque was truly amazing, we were trying to figure out how we could lick the bowl with class! The main course was so pretty I almost didnt want to eat it, but I am glad I did! And dessert...creme brulee...wow!Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterMikeTDined on 7/15/2014A different point of view is a must visit in the Phoenix area. Pair it's extensive wine list with impressive food and best in the city view and the restaurant really is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday recently and thoroughly enjoyed the staff, food, and romantic atmosphere. GREAT job! This place is becoming our FAVORITE! Good health to all of you! DanSpecial Features:
- Different Pointe of View0711Dined on 7/11/2014great for a romantic evening. the view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Taste4ExcellenceDined on 7/5/2014We live locally, but wanted a memorable close get away. Your restaurant was the icing on the cake during our resort stay for the weekend. We'll definitely be back. The food was fabulous, service was first class, and overall experience totally awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!DisappointedDined on 7/5/2014Of course the view is incredible, the food delicious with appropriate pricing and portion for fine dining, but what sets the experience apart was the outstanding service! Extremely relaxing, tentative, and responsive.Special Features:
- First TimeJPJKDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I made reservations over my phone. We had never been to Different Point of View. The view was just incredible , and the 4th of July fireworks were nice. The food was top quality of the season. I would recommend this to your short list of must do in Phoenix.jSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.