Different Pointe of View
Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
11111 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Different Pointe of View
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.differentpointeofview.com/
- Phone: 602-866-6350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday - Thursday, 6 - 9:30 pm; Friday, 6 - 10 pm; Saturday, 6 - 10 pm; / Terrace Room: 5pm - Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony DeMuro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Known as the premier destination wedding location in the state, Different Pointe of View's cliff-side ceremony site and stunning terraces are unmatched. Also very popular for corporate events, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and celebrations of all kinds, you have to see this venue to believe it. Contact Traci Fox at 602-866-6397 for a site tour today!
A word from Different Pointe of View
Poised 1,800 feet above the Valley of the Sun, Different Pointe of View offers guests breathtaking views second only to the outstanding regional American cuisine that features fresh local and organic ingredients. The restaurant's mountaintop location and floor to ceiling windows provide stunning views of the desert landscape, the city's twinkling lights in the distance and Arizona's brilliant sunsets. No restaurant in the state has a longer streak of consecutive AAA four-diamond awards and Sunset Magazine named it one of the top 10 mountaintop restaurants in the nation. Valley residents have come for years to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, romantic evenings or just treat themselves to one of the most unique Arizona experiences. The Terrace Room Lounge, next to the restaurant, features one of the largest patios and a nine foot fire pit on the cliff sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Different Pointe of View - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Different Pointe of View reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (127)romantic (125)special occasion (118)great for outdoor dining (60)notable wine list (53)fit for foodies (41)late-night find (18)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (10)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Birthday & Marriage Proposal DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014The total experience at Different Pointe of View was amazing! The flowers I ordered were waiting at our table, and the entire evening was magical. After dinner we went out to the viewing area to enjoy the city lights. Our attentive waiter saw me propose to my sweetheart, and brought us a couple glasses of champagne. Our total dining experience was memorable, and we thoroughly enjoyed everything from the bread, appetizers, main entrées, and dessert. We "closed the place down," and never felt like we were being rushed. Our thanks to the entire staff, and we will most definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Go there every yearMatchstickladyDined on 8/26/2014We go here every year to celebrate our anniversary. This year was 26 yrs. we get there early enough to enjoy drink on the Terrace below and wait for our table. Our anniversary is in end of summer but the chef always has a summer special. Food is superb! Service is top notch and every year they make us feel like a king and queen if only for a few hours. God willing they will continue to see us every year for many more! Would recommend to anyone for a special or romantic occasion. Can't say enough positive things!Special Features:
- Exceptional diningLucky13dinersDined on 8/23/2014When we first arrived we where not real sure which roads to take to get up to the restaurant. But once we arrived, it was beautiful was well worth it. We had a very romantic time w/ a amazing view. Definitely we will be back. A great experience.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceJJScottsdaleDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated my sister's birthday. The host and waiter each said happy birthday to my sister and gave her a complimentary dessert. Nice food presentation and very good.Special Features:
- Best view in the ValleyKARENDined on 8/19/2014Time your reservation to enjoy the spectacular sunset view from this classic mountaintop restaurant! We took advantage of their summer fixed-price menu of 3 items for $39. The food was very good, but people come here mainly for the view, which is marvelous. This time we had a waiter who was overly formal and not very friendly--but on past visits we have had waiters who made us feel a lot more welcome, so I think we were just unlucky this time. Visit this unique Phoenix restaurant for your next special occasion dinner and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- On top of the worldOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Most amazing view and great food - only complaint is that I requested window table and we were seated literally adjacent to the kitchen. Made advanced reservation so disappointing but a great special occasion experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RemembervalentinesDined on 8/13/2014My girlfriend and I dined here for our one year anniversary. I let the restaurant know the reason for our visit and they went above and beyond to make our experience incredible. The manager greeted us and took us to our table while making a point to wish us a happy anniversary. He was able to recommend a wine that suited us both as my girlfriend prefers an off-dry red and I prefer dry. He picked a perfect medium. Our wait staff was exceptional and I don't believe we went more than 5 minutes without having water filled or being asked how we were enjoying the meal. I would highly recommend it for any romantic dinner and the prices were not extraordinary for a restaurant with this quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lipatDined on 8/9/2014I took my friend for his birthday dinner. I was a little worried because some of the reviews about the food weren't too great. I'm so glad we went here. I loved this place. The view was unbelievable. The food was delicious. The only issue I had was that the service was a little slow. But because the place was absolutely amazing the wait didn't really bother me as much. I would definetly go back to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Intimate with stunning viewsSueMVIPDined on 8/8/2014The views are stunning. Just go and experience it for yourself. We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent with larger portions, which we elected to share, allowing us to try an array of items, on the menu. Our waiter was so professional, knowing the menu offerings and sharing his personal favorites. We will continue to go back and have recommended this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTrinaVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had a lovely dinner, food was excellent. Ambiance is great and the view is beautifulSpecial Features:
- RogwriterDined on 8/2/2014The setting and views are unique. It's a marvelous place to dine. Not only the patrons, but the wait staff loves this place. Our waiter has been working there for more than 20 years and his love for the restaurant and serving people was evident in the excellent service we received. And he wasn't the most tenured server. The view is fabulous and the food is prepared in accordance to make sure it is an extraordinary dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall is goodvalentineDined on 8/1/2014waiter is good, manager is better. our waiter is good, but not that good. we poured our water and other waiters came to help, not ours. he is slow after all. the lobster soup is extremely good! the entree tastes awful, the steak is specially awful.the dessert is terrible! the chiffon cake disappointed us a lot, the ice-cream, chocolate one, is melting once I got it. I highly suggest you shall change your chef for the dessert! it is not that kinda dessert such great restaurant shall have!Special Features:
- Amazing view, food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed every moment of our experience - the view is to die for, the food was amazing and the service impeccable! Also being off-peak season the special menu pricing made the entire meal fantastic value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experienceajluv1Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first visit to this resturant with my wife and I. The food was amazing and definatly worth the price. We enjoyed the great serivce from valet parking down to the dinner and dessert. They were very friendly and gave us a little extra dessert for our 1st year anniversary. Most importantly the place had a beautiful scenic view and definatly a very romantic place to take your spouse. I would strongly reccomend more people to come and enjoy this beautiful restuarant especially couples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View to match the great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent place to celebrate and enjoy time togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great point of view of PhoenixMIAGIDined on 7/24/2014Wonderful place to over look the night lights of Phoenix!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014The food was outstanding and the service was good. Our server lacked wine expertise. Will recommend to our friends.Special Features:
- Fabulous for Special OccasionsDanaNotmanVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Different Pointe of View when we felt the need to celebrate nothing in particular. It's a fantastic restaurant. The service was remarkable - our server was so energetic about the menu items that I wanted to eat everything he describe. Our food was also delicious (I had the vegetarian dinner option, and my husband enjoyed a fantastic white fish special), and I particularly enjoyed the table bread and spread options they provided. Our drinks and wine were also delicious. I can't wait to have another reason to celebrate so we can go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!TreatedlikeRoyaltyDined on 7/19/2014Food and waiter were both outstanding. Staff always refilling ice water and tea...very appreciated on a hot day. Enjoyed complimentary appetizers and desserts. Even had a knife slide into my puree in my plate. The waiter replaced the knife with a clean one...very professional. My wife and I felt we were treated like Royalty.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!GLOWDined on 7/18/2014Best dinner my husband and I have ever had! Total package...GREAT service, delicious food and the view was breathtaking! The Lobster bisque was truly amazing, we were trying to figure out how we could lick the bowl with class! The main course was so pretty I almost didnt want to eat it, but I am glad I did! And dessert...creme brulee...wow!Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterMikeTDined on 7/15/2014A different point of view is a must visit in the Phoenix area. Pair it's extensive wine list with impressive food and best in the city view and the restaurant really is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday recently and thoroughly enjoyed the staff, food, and romantic atmosphere. GREAT job! This place is becoming our FAVORITE! Good health to all of you! DanSpecial Features:
- Different Pointe of View0711Dined on 7/11/2014great for a romantic evening. the view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Taste4ExcellenceDined on 7/5/2014We live locally, but wanted a memorable close get away. Your restaurant was the icing on the cake during our resort stay for the weekend. We'll definitely be back. The food was fabulous, service was first class, and overall experience totally awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!DisappointedDined on 7/5/2014Of course the view is incredible, the food delicious with appropriate pricing and portion for fine dining, but what sets the experience apart was the outstanding service! Extremely relaxing, tentative, and responsive.Special Features:
- First TimeJPJKDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I made reservations over my phone. We had never been to Different Point of View. The view was just incredible , and the 4th of July fireworks were nice. The food was top quality of the season. I would recommend this to your short list of must do in Phoenix.jSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayIslandboyDined on 7/4/2014Not to take too much from the experience of the meal, but the views may have distracted our palates enough to keep us from fully engaging in, or being critical about the food. My wife & I cautiously ordered seafood dishes and thankfully without regret - my wife's scallops were done just right; my Atlantic Char was slightly overdone on one side. The service was on par to our expectations of such a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014The view is amazing and the food was great. We had a desert that tasted like a chocolate banana it was beautiful to eat and look at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epicurean's Delight!KashDined on 6/27/2014Amazing service, and great location. We enjoyed chatting with the locals as well as the wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableOntheroadagainDined on 6/21/2014Very good food, impressive presentation, great wine, beautiful view!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner.TManDined on 6/21/2014Excellent dining experience from the food, service, & to the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE AND FOOD!mcmxinDined on 6/21/2014I recently visited DPOV and found it to be amazing. I was celebrating my six year anniversary and the staff was more than accommodating. I was very surprised at how well they worked with me to get every detail perfect that night. The chef even catered to my vegetarian diet and whipped up a fantastic dish. It was obviously a bit pricy, but the quality of food and service highly reflected that. Overall, I loved the experience and will be back again!Special Features:
- Full AccessreutxgalDined on 6/21/2014The service at Different Pointe of View made us felt so welcome and they treated us well. We are Deaf, they would find a way to make a gesture with us which was very awesome. We loved there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewDaveDined on 6/20/2014We picked the place to celebrate our anniversary and found a real gem. We got there early and had drinks in the room below the restaurant. There is a walk out balcony with a south facing view of the city and the mountain at dinner we had a window table to watch the sunset on the mountain. Then the city lights became the attraction after dark. Service was great and the food presentation 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow....just wow!kimvwDined on 6/19/2014Amazing service and the staff is so friendly! The food is great, the view is great.... What an amazing place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!jewinloveDined on 6/19/2014Food channel quality food, world class view, superb service.Special Features:
- spectacular experiencebrettsmithDined on 6/18/2014The food is amazing! The service is excellent and the view is spectacular. Will definitely be going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr KASGDrKASG1Dined on 6/14/2014This is the most spectacular views of phoenix in a setting which is amazingly beautiful. The most enjoyable part of this place aside from the food which is beyond wonderful is the service . The people that are there to take care of you and your experience with them are truly a gift. You can also enjoy drinks and appetizers before dinner out on their patio, best to arrive in time to see the sunset and if you are lucky enough you will have a moonlit sky to accompany a wonderful evening, this is one place not to pass up, so go enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Above the RestAvignonDined on 6/14/2014The total package: the artistic quality of the the food, the ambiance, and the fine service make this hilltop restaurant a step above the rest. The brunches are excellent, but we tried dinner for a change, and the chef must be very good, because the quality of the cooking was quite a surprise. When brunch is offered, the pastries are outrageous. There is a patio for dining outside, with a beautiful hilltop view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014We tend to frequent a Different Pointe of View for special occasions. This time it was our 22nd wedding anniversary. We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" from every staff member we engaged with. The location is fabulous and there is no better place to watch the sun set over Phoenix. The food was amazing and we were treated with a chef's special that is a hometown Maryland specialty. We just happened to hit it on the right night. From wine to dessert, everything was top notch.Special Features: