2311 Frankfort Ave
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.difabios.com/
- Phone: 5028910411
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 5:00-10:00 P.M. Friday-Saturday: 5:00-11:00 P.M. Sunday: 4:00-9:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Caity M. DiFabio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a family style catering menu. We also are able to do off-site caterings with at least a week's notice given over the phone.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is available for private parties seven days a week. Availability is limited and rules and restrictions do apply. Parties must be booked over the phone or in person and there is a spending minimum that will be discussed upon booking.
- Private Party Contact: Caity DiFabio 5028910411
A word from DiFabio's Casapela
Family owned and operated Italian restaurant with traditional Italian cuisine, Lasagna and Chicken Parmigian, and some eclectic items as well, Pan Grilled Salmon and Gorgonzola Filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DiFabio's Casapela reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (9)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Pleasant MealsfuudyDined on 10/19/2014Greater attention to the wine list and sauses is required. Presentations also need work. They are somewhat uninspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian foodCommonFoodieDined on 10/11/2014My family is Italian, but DiFabios was some of the best Italian I've had. Desserts were out of this world and the entrees were amazing and appropriately Italian-sized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSERB25Dined on 10/10/2014Service was great, fast and food was wonderful. Look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Going back!LivinlargeintheVilleDined on 9/12/2014Great food, great service. Breadsticks blow a large chain Italian restaurant's breadsticks out of the water! Small establishment, so we got to speak with the chef/owner, who was very courteous.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantdddinesoutDined on 9/7/2014Authentic, simple, straightforward, priced-right classic Italian food, that hits the spot. Doesn't taste like the chain food Italian joints, the Chef is cooking from family recipes, it seems. You won't find, eclectic, experimental, fusion, hybrid cuisine, this is simple Italian pasta or tasty lean meats without all the shock jock Chef antics. A great place for neighborhood comfort food at a good price.Special Features:
- Never Underestimate Word of MouthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014A "foodie" friend recommended DiFabios. Based on that, I recommended to my sis. And so on... Everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and fooddmday1Dined on 8/16/2014First time at this restaurant and definitely won't be the last. Everything was great/perfect.Special Features:
- Date Night with my WifeJimDDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went out for date night. This is a restaurant neither of us have visited before, and we are glad we ate there last Friday. There was a guy playing the guitar and singing on the porch, kids dancing to the music...it was not too loud and not too soft. We saw some grandparents taking turns holding a baby while they ate, couples eating...young and old. We met the owner, who was doing everything...seating, serving, cleaning tables. His girlfriend and biz partner was in the kitchen that night running the kitchen. They trade off nights out and in the kitchen. Food was really good, I had the Make your own Pasta and my wife had Chicken Marsala. Great atmosphere, really good food. We will be backSpecial Features:
- FabulousoRomanticoneDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was fabulous as always and outdoor music was awesome as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic oneRomanticoneDined on 7/25/2014Everything about this place was amazing. Entrees were big enough to share. Overall awesome place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Frankfort Avenue GemDiningDawgDined on 7/19/2014A great dining experience, especially when you are there before the rest of the dinner crowd. Excellent, attentive service. Salad was very good, with just right on dressing application. Both Lasagne and Chicken Parm were spot on. Bread sticks were habit forming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the DiFabio's Casapela reviews archive.
- Consistently FabulousMSMRNHTVIPDined on 5/28/2014The night we attended was our wedding anniversary. Food was fabulous as always PLUS it was 1/2 price appetizers that night!Special Features:
- build your own Pastafirejake63Dined on 5/25/2014My self and my date had the build your own pasta and both of our choices were delicious and fulfilling! I had Tortellini w/ Vodka sauce and she had the Ravioli w/ pesto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014I had an amazing time at DiFabios with my husband. The food was amazing, and the atmosphere was outstanding. I plan on going back every time I have the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodChristie1213Dined on 4/18/2014We ordered the baked goat and garlic bread for our appetizers. They were both very good. We also had spaghetti, me with marinara and meatballs and my guy with a meat sauce. Both dishes were tasty.... Our waiter wasn't in the mood to wait tables though... the tables are close enough that you could hear other servers and they were great. Ours was terrible. Hopefully, they've identified this and taken care of it so the experience isn't repeated with other patrons. I also thought the restaurant was too dark.
- Always a good experiencefoodwhispererVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food is delicious and staff very friendly at an unpretentious place. We've had everything on the menu. The special appetizer, lobster macaroni, was as good as Capital Grille's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great home style Italian food.RobinfVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great home style Italian food. Very cozy, great prices and always top notch service. Justin is a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Filets!LKY512Dined on 3/22/2014I am trying to stay away from pasta but love to try the different filets at DiFabio's. They are always cooked perfectly and are some of the best I've had. The breadsticks here are delicious, and the house salad is very nice. I always enjoy this place. Nothing pretentious, just really good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindThomasDined on 3/8/2014It is difficult to find a decent place to eat in Louisville that has reservations available for 4 at 7:00! We stumbled across this gem through open table and are glad we did. The food is fabulous! Great Italian meals at a reasonable price. The setting is not overly fancy but, if you are looking for excellent homemade Italian in a quaint old home, come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent authentic Italian foodEdinlouDined on 2/15/2014Food and service was very good to excellent and moderately priced. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was excellent andReggieDined on 2/14/2014Our meal was excellent and we had great service. Meal was a little lengthy but it was nicely timed for Valentine's Day when we were there.Special Features:
- Food was so so...not notable..bruscOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2014Food was so so...not notable..bruschetta was like a pizza sauce with cheese stick. Has the salmon, little overcooked. My wife had the shrimp scampi asked for light butter. Portions were small.
- Consistently FABULOUSMSMRNHTVIPDined on 2/8/2014If you like salmon, give their's a try - It's wonderful!Special Features:
- DiFabio's always turns it outwag711Dined on 2/1/2014This is one of our go-to places when we decide on a Saturday morning or afternoon to go out that night. The atmosphere is more about function than ambiance, but the service and food are always impeccable and friendly. The chicken piccata is a favorite, as well as a special salad with citrus vinaigrette. The bread sticks never fail, either. We always keep coming back.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceMSMRNHTVIPDined on 1/18/2014The night we attended the restaurant was slammed...nonetheless, the staff was friendly and attentive. Justin ROCKED IT!Special Features:
- Great Local Find!IHeartWineAndFoodDined on 1/3/2014There really isn't much I can say about this place other than you have to go there and enjoy it yourself! The service was great and the food was delicious! There were a variety of options to keep everyone in your party happy and the wine list was nice too. I will definitely be going back to this restaurant and if you want some good Italian food at a decent price, you will be too! You'll get a fun little piece of history too. . .it was one of, if not the oldest building on the street! And, watch out for half-priced wine nights :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italian GemKeithDined on 11/9/2013DiFabio's offers a very nice, intimate, reasonably priced dining experience. I would guess it holds less than 50 diners, but if you're one of the lucky ones to be seated at a table, the experience is worth it. While they have a nice wine list, try the "House" wine - don't let the low price scare you off. We had 4 in our party and we each had something a little different. My Veal Piccata was perfect in flavor and portion size and my wife's selection from the design your own pasta of linguine, with the "pink" sauce and meatballs was also very good. Don't miss The Goat appetizer. We have been on a mission to try as many local Louisville restaurants as we can. We will add DiFabio's to our list of restaurants to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingTravellerDined on 10/25/2013Dropped by here on a whim. Staff was extremely friendly even when busy. Waiter was awesome. Food was of good quality and tasted fresh. Great wine list for a small place. Was impressed with waiter's knowledge and food-pairing abilities. Service was quick. Noise was a little loud in front (customers); but they left after several minutes. Back seating area was nice. Would definitely return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Piccata disappointingTheDinersDined on 10/19/2013This is a dish I normally enjoy, however the offering at DiFabios was disappointing. Whoever prepared the dish had a heavy hand with the pepper - so much so that it was difficult to eat. The others at our table enjoyed their meals. I just made a poor choice. Unless you really love lots of pepper, don't order this!
- Consistently excellentMSMRNHTVIPDined on 10/11/2013This was our 2nd trip. Food was outstanding (again!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta in a casual settingDaveDined on 10/4/2013This was our first time at the restaurant, but it won't be the last. The service was prompt and friendly, and the food was terrific. I had a special Lobster Ravioli, and would look for it the next time I visit. My wife had Chicken Piccata, and she not only enjoyed, she ate every bite - which rarely happens. Prices are reasonable, and the modest wine list has some nice selections by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter's suggestions were superbMSMRNHTVIPDined on 9/28/2013DeFabio's had several specials the evening we went. Appetizer was a baked brie --delicious and the port filet was magnificent! We sat outside and to our delight, that area was also non-smoking!Special Features:
- Love this Place!rwh11806Dined on 8/16/2013Food was amazing!! I am a huge Chicken Piccatta fan and DiFabio's does it up right!!! My gf had the spaghetti with a side of meatballs, and the dish was amazing as well. The service was great! Added benefit of sitting outside seeing people venturing up and down Frankfort Ave, and a little acoustic music on the patio. Love DiFabios and I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2013I was wo excited to learn that my favorite Italian spot is now open during lunch. They feature the same menu and service as dinner, but now I can bring my lunch dates here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired foodYiannisDined on 8/11/2013Stay away unless searching for uninspired food served by unpleasant waiters
- Consistently goodTravelingfoodieDined on 8/9/2013We are always pleased with our meals here. Only problem is I am so hooked on the Picata I rarely try anything else. They have a nice White Sangria that is a nice summer drink.Special Features:
- Wonderful Pasta & Great Service3kingsdineVIPDined on 8/8/2013The Pesto cream sauce was a treat( with bacon/onions/mushrooms).....YUM! Thursday is 1/2 price wine night. My husband loved the meat sauce and cannot wait to go back. We also had the goat cheese and calamari appetizers.....everything we had was top notch. Very comfortable, cozy surroundings.....feel free to come in casual wear. Brandon, our server, was helpful with suggestions, and super nice to us( & our kids!)Special Features:
- Great drinks but very avg foodMJnMJknowItalianDined on 5/4/2013$75 bucks 2 drinks,1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and one desert, you'd be better off going to either the Olive Gdn or the Mac Grill! We were expecting an authentic Italian meal but got an average Italian style meal. We resided in Italy for a year so have an idea of what authentic should be, as well as what would be considered good. We both agreed the meal was about a C. Unless you're a high school kid looking to impress your date by taking her to a fancy Italian restaurant take a pass on this one. If you're a foodie, you'll be disappointed! Louisville probably has better to offer I hope...MJ & MJ from ATL.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wereJohnDined on 4/13/2013The food and atmosphere were enjoyable. Had a pleasant time. Nice front porch to have a drink on.Special Features:
- Everything was yummy! VeryfoodwhispererVIPDined on 3/16/2013Everything was yummy! Very good waiter. Attentive and interested maitre d. Great price point for those of us who eat out a lot. Appreciate the dedication to the food and drink without the snootiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.