Diego - MGM Grand Hotel & Casino - MGM Resorts
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Diego - MGM Grand Hotel & Casino - MGM Resorts
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/diego-mexican-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 7028913200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Christina Olivarez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Traditional recipes hand-picked from the Mexican countryside create the foundation for Diego's bold menu. Also featuring an unsurpassed selection of tequilas, we guarantee you'll find the bright and vibrant restaurant just as exciting as the food.
- Private Party Contact: the Group Dining Team 7028917433
A word from Diego - MGM Grand Hotel & Casino - MGM Resorts
Traditional recipes hand-picked from the Mexican countryside create the foundation for Diego's bold menu. Using honest ingredients and modern techniques, Diego presents authentic Mexican dishes with new twists. Also featuring an unsurpassed selection of tequilas, we guarantee you'll find the bright and vibrant restaurant just as exciting as the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Diego - MGM Grand Hotel & Casino - MGM Resorts reviews from OpenTable diners
- Enjoyable dining experienceSheilaDined on 9/20/2013Excellent food and service. They opened early on a Friday nite to accommodate us attending the IHeart Radio Festival. They placed those of us with reservations in a quiet area of the restaurant and delivered our dinner quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diego - very noisy!SurfergirlDined on 9/14/2013We had been here before and very much looked forward to eating here again. Unfortunately we dined there on fight night and due to all the people hanging around outside the restaurant the noise level was incredible. We found the food to be good but not great. The margarita's were fabulous though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2013Service good, but food was poor. It is not close to being authentic Mexican. I think the quest fundido was made with Monterrey jack cheese, yuck! Salsa and chips need salt. Mole was ok.
- 5 Friends in VEgasMrPotatoHeadDined on 9/7/2013You can't go wrong here. Everything we had was very good. Sides were quite numerous and delicious. Salads were presented very nicely and quite tasty. We all had different kinds of steaks, and they were all prepared as ordered and had tremendous flavor and were very tender. Desserts were a wee expensive, but oh so good. When we try here again (after sampling a few other places in town) I would probably skip the salad, because with the sides, you get plenty to eat, and I would pass on dessert because I don't really need the extra calories. But, for this time, it was a celebration, and we wanted to try quite a bit of the menu. By all means, dine here and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2013very nice restaurant to eat at. everyone is very nice and service was amazing.Special Features:
- Once I saw that Diego hadRickDined on 9/4/2013Once I saw that Diego had hand made tamales on its menu, I had to eat here. The table side guacamole was the best - you can choose ingredients such as small amount of onions. They had sundried tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes, which I hate so I had no tomatoes(they should offer regular tomatoes - my only minor gripe). the beef tamales were the best topped with mole sauce. And my wife had the chicken fajitas which had plenty of peppers (some places give you mostly oninons and a couple of peppers. The Cadillac margherita was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodGOOSEDined on 8/30/2013Great food, from appetizers, to main course as well as the drinks. Friendly staff and answered all questions with a smile. Would definitely recommend and definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuenoJnybooDined on 8/29/2013Food was awesome and service was excellent! Great guacamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but...MikeVIPDined on 8/23/2013The food was very tasty and the service friendly, but we were underwhelmed given that the restaurant in included in the MGM's fine dining listings. It was very good casual Mexican, but not up to par with other serious dining options on the Strip.
- Great Food & Service BUT NO POINTS!HoundduetVIPDined on 8/23/2013Excellent experience in all ways. Decor was striking and comfortable. Menu was varied and food prepared marvelously. Tableside guacamole not to be missed. Service was wonderful, too. BUT NO OPEN TABLE POINTS!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013Food was okay but we felt very rushed. Our dinner was served before our appetizer and the staff was waiting to clear the table as soon as you set your silverware down.Special Features:
- Average at BestJersey007Dined on 8/22/2013Went here prior to a show to celebrate my wife's birthday. The food was good and the kitchen was very accommodating in preparing something a certain way. The waiter was friendly and provided good service. The sangria was just alright, we've had better in the past. They did give my wife a free flan dessert with a candle in it and sang happy birthday, which was very nice. The overall decor was just a bit too red for our liking. Overall it was an average dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Vegans/VegetariansLauxorDined on 8/21/2013I visit Las Vegas twice a year for work and always make sure I eat here. Incredibly accommodating of my vegan lifestyle. It's very hard to stick to find a great restaraunt in Las Vegas that gives me the same top notch dining experience as my carnivore counterparts. The service is always fantastic and the atmosphere is very pleasant after a long day of work. Make sure you get the table side guacamole , a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at DiegoFirstTimerDined on 8/21/2013I took my boyfriend for his birthday as a huge fan of Mexican cuisine. The food was amazing! I would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican fine dining - outstanding!GRMorganDined on 8/15/2013The only down side to Diego is the location - inside the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The food and restaurant were absolutely outstanding. The noise and rudeness of the people in the hotel were the only thing that detracted from a truly great meal.Special Features:
- Good meal, outstanding serviceMikeVIPDined on 8/10/2013Food was average. Ordered a pitcher of Sangria was so loaded with soda couldn't really taste the wine. The guacamole at table side was the best part of dinner. Tacos and burrito were slapped together in a few minutes and was lukewarm. For the price it was an average meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a party of 5 withLARRYDined on 8/10/2013We were a party of 5 with reversations for about 2 months for a birthday party for my mom that day.. Went right in and were seated. Drinks were great. Atmosphere was perfect. Waiter was really on the spot and the table side was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Would Not Chop This MealkingofvegasDined on 8/10/2013We saw the Executive Chef of Diego on Food Network's 'Chopped', and liked her style. When we saw it was located in MGM near where we annually stay, we had to visit. We were absolutely blown away. Everything about the meal was outstanding: From our delightful waiter and his expert suggestions, to the killer margaritas, to the delicious food we just cannot say a bad thing about it. My combo platter was perfect, but I must note the halibut fish tacos were the best I have ever eaten. No kidding. We are SO glad we saw that episode of 'Chopped'!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date spotreviewer2Dined on 8/8/2013Excellent and fast service, the waiter was very helpful with my menu question and was attentive throughout our meal. The restaurant had just the type of romantic ambiance my boyfriend and I were looking for. We both really enjoyed our meals. I will definitely come back when in Vegas again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the guacamole!locavorewannabeDined on 7/26/2013We were looking for good chips, salsa and margaritas, and this place didn't disappoint. Our group of four shared two pitchers of the Frida margarita and two servings of the tableside guacamole (which was the highlight of the meal). I also had the steak fajitas, which were very good. It was a little pricey, but it is on the Strip, so that's about what you'd expect.Special Features:
- Not that impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013The guacamole was the only thing I loved. I am a big foodie and for the price, I was not impressed. Service was good though and drinks were fine.
- Returning customeraffordablefoodieDined on 7/24/2013I have visited Vegas for work and vacation 4 times. Each visit includes Diego. Service and Food are both outstanding for the price especially in Vegas.Special Features:
- Diego's Is the Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2013Loved our anniversary/birthday celebration at Diego's! The Colada Classico was the best colada I have ever tasted! The same goes for the tortilla soup and the chicken, prepared wonderfully with the best mole sauce! Absolutely wonderful dining experience. And the staff was exceedingly thoughtful and kind. The Nelsons, Sacramento, CASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas and service!DebsVIPDined on 7/20/2013This was our 2nd visit to Diego's and we were pleased to be seated in Dana's section !! She has a great personality and so fun! Only negative is that she needs an assistant to help her! She had so many tables - large ones!Special Features:
- Great food and service!jeomartDined on 7/20/2013If you want really good authentic Mexican food go to Diego and ask for server Dana. Dana is great she is friendly and helpful. The food will knock your socks off. the service is great, they have one person filling your water, one filling your chips, and one person makes the guacamole at your table ***the best you'll ever have*** try the cochinita pivill, chicken mole, or carne asada, you wont regret it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guacamole was prepared inIlovetacosDined on 7/19/2013Guacamole was prepared in front of us. Great attention to detail and quick delivery especially when we explained we were running late for Ka. Cocktails were really tasty too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. ThejohnnyDined on 7/18/2013The food was delicious. The staff was friendly and helpful. They checked on us to make sure we had what we needed and that we were satisfied. Great restaurant. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is outstanding at DiegoTravelGirlVIPDined on 7/6/2013We dined at Diego's about an hour before a UFC fighting event. Our table overlooked the excitement and made our meal feel extra special. Our server was seasoned, informed and able to answer any question about the menu or the casino area. Food was all very good although the most of the combo rivera was served lukewarm instead of hot. Guacamole was good although we weren't fond of the tons of dried tomatoes in it. It made the guac tough and chewy. Colorado chili was superbly flavored and the meat was super tender. All food items were of excellent quality and expertly prepared. Cocktails were delicious and everything was reasonably priced for a Las Vegas casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary tripChelleDined on 7/4/2013My husband and I flew into Las Vegas on the 4th for our 10 year anniversary. We hit up Diego's around 9pm. The wait staff was still energetic and very pleasant even though it was the end of the night. The margarita's are made from scratch and fabulous. The table side guacamole was great too. At the end of the night our waiter surprised us with a happy anniversary flan desert at our table. Great meal! We will dine with them again.Special Features:
- Good food but way over $$$WaltVIPDined on 7/3/2013The food is good, standard Mexican selections. The guacamole was really good and so was the sangria. The prices are crazy though, our meal for 2 was $125 with 2 drinks 1 appetizer and 2 entres. Could easily get this level of food and service in Chicago for $60-$75. Thats Vegas I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our service was very slowShannaVIPDined on 6/29/2013Our service was very slow and they forgot our appetizer order.Special Features:
- Diego was a surprise!NicknameDined on 6/29/2013Did not expect to have such a good meal and felt it offered a great value. Everything from the taco's to the spicy salsa was impressive. Would recommend a visit to this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013We were early for a 6pm Reservation and the hostess kindly seated us. We sat on the patio to people watch and because the music inside is a bit loud if you want to visit during dinner. The food was full of flavor. I highly recommend the Chicken Tortilla Soup. I gave a 3 for service because after bringing chips and salsa it was a while before they brought water to our table and throughout dinner we had to flag someone down for more water. Other than that we had an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent food, but very very noisyJen21291Dined on 6/22/2013Food was absolutely delicious, service excellent, however my friend and I had difficulty hearing each other. We are both in our mid-30s. Highly recommend the guacamole at the table, it is fantastic!
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013Restaurant was 20 mins late seating us due to lack of staff to bus tables we were told. Food was completely worth the wait!!! So delicious and good portions. Lower rating for waitstaff is because though VERY attentive, we felt a little swindled by the waiter when he brought a gigantic margarita for one small girl in our party. When she ordered, he did not explain it's size at all and when we all reacted to the surprise with overwhelming disappointment, he defended his service and still charged her $25 for the sips she could muster!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2013Margaritas were good, but not as good as they were made out to be. Food was flavorful but very salty. Service was excellent. Best part of the whole experience was tableside guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceNordoVIPDined on 6/14/2013We were staying at the MGM and booked the restaurant mostly based on location - but even if we stayed somewhere else we would make the trip to MGM just to dine thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really surprised us with great foodOliviaDined on 6/12/2013We are from Tucson, the Mexican food capital, so we didn't expect outstanding food. We were pleasantly surprised. The food here is excellent. Great flavor, generous portions and very attractive presentation. I had the Pescatore Veracruz and my husband had the braised short ribs chili. We did not want to order the usual tacos or enchiladas. The fish was halibut and grilled to perfection, It was moist, fresh and flaky and had a wonderful cilantro and caper sauce with vegetables. My husband said the flavors in the meat chili were delicious and he had several large chunks of beef. His was served with warm tortillas also. We each had a drink, one wonderful sangria and one beer with a side of tequila. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableButcher69Dined on 6/8/2013Fantastic food,great service, absolutely delicious margaritas especially the caddilac with grand marnier. But really the food is the star of the show here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No thanksmicrotroyDined on 6/7/2013Would not go back, food was cold and service was poor.Special Features: