228 E. 10th St
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dieciny.com/
- Phone: 2123879545
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Fridays and Saturdays: 6:00pm -11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Dieci
Dieci is a Japanese restaurant located in the East Village.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Dieci reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (18)special occasion (11)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- foodkent5Dined on 9/18/2014The appetizers dose not fit my taste as the flavor is too rich for me, but the entrée was really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodredseasonsDined on 9/17/2014I organized my boyfriend's surprise dinner here on a Wednesday night. I had been here before - but many years ago - and remembered the food being good but this time it really blew my mind and everyone else's in the party (all of whom consider themselves foodies). Its a very small restaurant, but very ambient, and surprisingly packed for a weekday night. The service was also very cordial and prompt (once we got seated; there was a slight delay with that). Most importantly, my boyfriend loved it and he now wants it to be "our spot." Yes! I can't wait to come back for more.Special Features:
- always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014had a great meal here as usual. everything was perfectSpecial Features:
- AwesomeNeighbor103Dined on 8/20/2014This place is fabulous! Always crowded but try to go there on Wednesday. You can probably find the seat for 2! Their foods are very healthy and tasty. Never be greasy. I recommend this place to all the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentonlythebestDined on 7/26/2014I've been coming to this neighborhood find for years now. This is the kind of place you'd want to take someone who is either a foodie or have an open palette. The staff was attentive. Food was amazing as always. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BessVIPDined on 7/6/2014It's a small restaurant but it makes it nice and cozy. The food is amazing and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Food was outstanding and a piece of heaven in your mouth. My only complaint was that the pasta portions were too small. My husband and I ordered 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and dessert and it left us wanting more. However, the food was amazing! The Fettucini with the uni cream sauce is unique making you savor every bite. Very attentive staff. Great job Dieci....just throw a few more noodles in the pot and it would be perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014So much uni goodness. Didn't have one bad dish here. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food must have the pork bunsefishDined on 6/25/2014Found this one by chance, and what a find!! Everything was delicious!! We could have just had the pork buns for dinner they were that good. Also had the steak, prawn dumplings and duck breast. Definitely worth a visit!! We will be telling all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and AmbiencereviewforyouDined on 5/28/2014Dieci does a lovely Japanese take on Italian food, using Japanese dashi flavors to bring out new dimensions on Italian themes. The prix fixe course meal is excellent, beautifully presented, giving you the full range of their abilities. The service is attentive and professional, the stylish atmosphere conducive to talking. It is best for individuals (at the counter), couples or small groups. When you are there you are enjoying each dish, and when you leave you feel happy and deeply satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Dieci reviews archive.
- Tiny but worth itNYvisitor9Dined on 5/23/2014Took a while to get seated even with reservations because so many people loved it at Dieci and didn't want to leave. Once seated, service was great, attentive and respectful. Was hesitant at first about the food especially as a pescadarian, but ended up loving all the dishes and desserts. Meat eaters in the group loved what they ordered. Drinks were good too. Looking forward to eating here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food for good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The place is small. But food and service were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.PantsThatDineDined on 4/17/2014This is by far the best Asian fusion in the city. Try the shrimp dumplings and the lamb ramen. And the octopus....and the filet tataki! Everything. It's all delicious. The service is amazing as well. Takashi was our server and he was fantastic. Small and intimate, perfect for dates. Go ASAP!Special Features:
- Ten of ten.MUSADined on 4/15/2014Dieci is the best little restaurant I've been to in a while. My Lady and I had three courses-all delicious, and the wine was fabulous. Service was on point, though unobtrusive. Our table & the one right next to us were so wobbly, that it was dangerous. Even the shims that I found on the floor were no match for the massive gap between the floor and the table. Good news: Dieci might get rid of its "B" rating, since they got a visit from the health department, just as we'd asked for our check. Good luck, Dieci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service is decentChrisDined on 4/12/2014The food here is amazing. Japanese fusion North American. You will not be disappointed. Service was decent as they mixed up my wine order, but that can may be due to the energetic atmosphere. They brought out the plates in a timely manner and good portions. Only issue for me was in the beginning when seated, they seemed to give the other table of regulars better service and ignored us even though we were seated first. Simple fixes, but the food makes up for it. Small wine list but fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/29/2014I've always wanted to go there but never had a chance. I was very well impressed with the intimate and cozy atmosphere. Service is great and so is the food. It's a very small space so don't don't with a large group (more then 4). Make sure to order the foie gras and he pork sandwich for appetizer. For my main course I had the sea urchin pasta which was creamy and outstanding! Coming back this week :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confirm your reservation...StevenVIPDined on 3/14/2014I had two time where they ignored my reservation that was made on open table. One time, they didn't seat us at all, claiming we were late for our reservation when we changed it online and called them to confirm. We had to search for another restaurant in the area really hungry. The other time, they said they didn't have the reservation, but when I showed them our open table confirmation, they seated at - at a like a bar instead of a table, and after waiting fifteen minutes for someone else to move.
- Amazing overall!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Everything on the menu looked incredible and what we ordered tasted amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to any of my friends. Reservations weren't hard to get but I'm sure once this place gets more popular, it will be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny venue, innovative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/27/2014Tiny venue, innovative food offerings, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHungryDined on 2/14/2014But terrible "ambiance", absolutely 0 ergonomic space. Tiny dining area with the kitchen air exhaust vent blowing directly into the dining area So, after a delicious, flavorful and delicate meal, great wine, super friendly staff, one leaves however smelling of kitchen grease. Such a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceTimNDined on 2/14/2014We had a fantastic dining experience on Valentine's Day. Great food, service and timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDrakeVIPDined on 2/13/2014I cannot believe more people don't go here. Phenomenal food and service. But more importantly, what an atmosphere. I'll,be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundBruncherDined on 2/7/2014Dieci was one of the best dining experiences we have had in Manhattan. The food was superb in all respects and the service was amazing. Will be asap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURPRISING JAPANESE ITALIAN FUSIONCarmelinVIPDined on 2/1/2014We adore Japanese food, and I found Dieci within the 10 best Japanese in Manhattan. Nothing could have prepared us for DIECI experience. We were two couples, they gave us a seat in the community table, which can be interesting in NYC, when the menu arrived we were surprised because we have never had such an interesting Japanese menu before. Foie gras with Miso Soup, Sea Urchin with caviar, and Asian noodles Italian style were our choices. It is not expensive compared to other restaurants with similar food quality, and it is an experience in itself, we will come back for more. Most of the clients were Asian, just to confirm how good is it. Service was attentive and they explain every dish, even though it is small it's a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2014This place is one of the best dinning experiences I've had in NYC. :) The food was delicious and the presentation was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreMattDined on 1/16/2014Cool place, good ambiance, wasnt impressed by the food. Even had to send a dish back and they still charged me for it.
- An incredibly eclectic menugrandmaluVIPDined on 1/11/2014An incredibly eclectic menu - Japanese cooking with an Italian flair (or visa versa). Food was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Amazing find!NYCFoodieVIPDined on 1/10/2014Great experience - interesting and delicious food, quaint ambiance, and wonderful service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but didn't wow me ......PakuChanNYDined on 12/31/2013I came here for an early dinner on the New Year's Eve. Miso cod with Enoki risotte was tasty, but I found the dessert better. Service was polite but not exactly solicitous, despite the small size of this place. Staff seated me away from other diners, and while it gave me more elbow room, I did not particularly care to eat with my back to other people. For a Japanese-Italian fusion cuisine, I think I will check other places in future.Special Features:
- Uni on Uni on Uni808DaveDined on 12/30/2013The Japanese influence on Italian dishes is subtle and amazing. Who knew that Fettucini, Calamari and Uni would be a perfect combination. Not to mention that I have eaten Pork Buns in hundreds of places in dozens of cities and these were better than any other I have ever had before.Special Features:
- New FavoriteNotimetow8VIPDined on 11/20/2013I cannot give a higher rating or more praise for a meal. The food was exquisite and unique. The service was professional and comforting. We ordered almost every appetizer, half the pasta dishes and a main course. It was spectacular. With a bottle of wine and a bottle of saki, the bill was still very reasonable. Thank you for a great evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese meet ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013Mix of uni and pasta was perfect and delicious. Ramen ragu was also quite tasty and delicious. Everything was so fresh-oysters, tuna, veggies. Appetizers and pastas were better than the main entrees. Our group had the lamb, filet and cod. All were tasty, but apps were better. Even though small restaurant, we made reservation for 6 and everything was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As FANTASTIC as it used to be:-)))PuffMommyVIPDined on 11/10/2013We were pleasantly impressed when we came back for the first time in quite a while to celebrate our son's birthday. The service was very attentive and all the food we ordered were as heavenly as we knew!! My favorite dishes are Miso Fois Gras, Miso Cod and steak. Even though the place is rated as "not good for kids", all our kids enjoyed their food and service, and they are already craving about the steak and cod!! We truly appreciate the kindness of the manager and wait person as well as professionalism of kitchen staff. We will definitely come back as an adult group or couple, and hope the restaurant will prosper and continue to stay in tough NYC restaurant business until our kids are old enough to enjoy dining there on their own:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a petit fusion bistro !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013Was there with two friends on a Saturday night. I've been craving for this Japanese/Italian bistro for quite a while and finally had a chance to eat here. We ordered 3 starters, 2 pasta and the steak as the main, together with 2 dessert to finish off the meal. The starters were good, but more of tapas like portion. Pasta was delicious, perfectly flavoured. Steak was ok, since it's not a steakhouse. Earl Grey creme brulee was interesting not overly sweet. I would like to go back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent ! Italian-tasted,Global1Dined on 11/7/2013Excellent ! Italian-tasted, authentic Japanese. Very cozy restaurants. Good choice of French white wines. I will recommend my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dieci is a must doRandyVIPDined on 11/1/2013Definitely will be back for this small, but great restaurant. The only negative you might find is the communal seating arrangements. Potentially awkward. We really liked every- thing about this place. Small seats about 25. 4 tables of different sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FusionFoodie78GodwellVIPDined on 10/25/2013When I first read about this little hidden gem in Little Tokyo, my taste buds had a slight revulsion to the idea of fusing together things like sea urchin with mozzarella and yuzu, or, seared foie gras with daikon and miso. But once tasted, I can't wait to go back for more of these wonderful fusion revolutions. Kudos to the culinary visionary behind these artistic expressions of harmony and unity that will one day transform the whole world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten trackTuttieDined on 10/22/2013We took friends from out of town who appreciate unusual off the beaten track places....but good foods hey loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but overpriced, crampedSteveVIPDined on 10/19/2013For starters, this tiny spot is like 3 1/2 stars (overall, food/service, etc). Overall, I didn't really felt we were taken care of. Staff appeared busy (handling reservations, phone, kitchen coordination, checking stock), but we were the only guests! Dishes were small portions and hence over-priced. Staff never explained dishes or made suggestions. The foie gras on turnip was decent but was under-seared. And while turnips worked the 1st time I had it, it tasted bitter the 2nd time, and I didnt know what to do w/ the broth. Under $20 meant a couple of bites - I enjoyed the dish, but felt it underperformed as seared foie gras. What I said about the foie gras can apply to some of the other dishes. Also, open kitchen meant sticky clothes.Special Features:
- Nice little spot in East VillageDC001Dined on 10/11/2013This restaurant was not recognizable as my date and I walked right by it. Once we found it, it was nice atmosphere for date night. The food was good, definitely recommend the ramen dish. My girlfriend ordered the fettuccine with uni, but after she sampled my dish, she preferred the ramen. The dessert was really good, so that is worth a try. Not bad overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.