Dick's Last Resort - San Diego
345 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/
- Phone: (619) 231-9100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Kitchen is open for Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - Midnight, Venue open till 2 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Arnie Espinoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We have the ability to wrap it up and send it to go. We also do booths at street events and festivals. Contact Perri, our Group Sales Manager at 619-231-9100
- Entertainment: Live Rock & Roll bands Thurs - Saturday Nights, beginning at 8pm.
- Special Events: We host a variety of special events. Some are here at our great venue and some are in conjunction with the local community like the Gaslamp Quarter Association. Our neighborhood also hosts amazing corporate block parties for thousands of conventioneers several times a year. Contact Perri, our Group Sales Manager at 619-231-9100 for details on buy-out, block parties and any kind of special event!
- Cross Street: J street and K Street
- Public Transit: San Diego Trolley - Convention Center / Gaslamp
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered Street Parking ends at 6 pm nightly and is not enforced on Sundays. Look for nearby Parking structures for best rates on busy nights & weekends. Valet Parking available nearby.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - San Diego
The most outrageously good time in the Gaslamp. Boasting Downtown's San Diego's largest outdoor patio & Featuring "service with attitude", Dick's provides an irreverent dining experience that's "All in Fun & Fun for All". Our expansive dining area seats up to 412 guests, with a semi-exclusive "pit" area that seats 144 guests. Our Patio boasts enough room for 350 Reception style or 178 seated. Our facility includes a stage with professional lighting, a top-of-the-line sound system, 14 flat-screen televisions, and a 100" projection screen. Our servers and facilities can be customized to handle any party with any level of candor, be it a raging bachelor party or a corporate retreat. Two bars, 90 varieties of beer and premium spirits are available. Dick's offers a wide variety of dining packages and is the city's premiere location for parties of any size and for any occasion. Save 15% if you Book by 10/31 http://bit.ly/DicksHolidayPartiesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Dick's Last Resort - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Dick's Last Resort - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (19)special occasion (10)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- the service :17thBdDined on 11/8/2014It was for my grand-daughter 17th birthday it turn out very nice.It was our first time there ,My grand-daughter had known of the place from some of her friends so I exceed to have her birthday lunch party their.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks onlyNevereviewDined on 10/26/2014Fun place for groups but don't go for the food- it's terrible and overpriced.Special Features:
- It was alright.foodblogginDined on 10/19/2014The food was nothing to write home about. It was pretty empty, and there was only one server for at least 7 tables outside, she had her hands full so the service was slow. The server we got was great, she was just over sat. I regretted sitting outside because although that is where everyone was at, there was a couple chain smoking in front of us. I could not breathe through over half of my dinner. I didn't realize people could smoke at a restaurant still. I will probably not go back unless I sit inside because of that. The food was on the pricey side, but it was an experience.
- Fun time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014My 17 year old daughter and I went for dinner and we had a blast. I didn't know what to expect aside from what I had heard about it and how the staff insults you. No one was rude or mean, just playful fun and silly gags like making paper hats with crazy comments on them and putting them on the guests. A lot of flying napkins. There were a couple of high school birthday celebrations going on, which seemed like a perfect place for that. They also had a great 80's cover band, who even dressed the part. They were a lot of fun. Very casual attire - basically no dress code. I'd highly recommend it just for the experience or if you just want to go out for a casual meal and some fun. The food was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive!!!!Mayita68Dined on 10/10/2014Way too expensive for the food and few drinks we all had! I had already been warned and still decided to try but I can never afford to go backSpecial Features:
- They YELLED at me...TheCustomerDined on 9/28/2014And it was FUN! .........................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Okay.. I know DLR is known for their customer service and how they go about treating their customers in a brash kind of way... Ive been here before prior to this time. however, Theres a very fine line between being funny and being absolutely rude.. and that line was crossed from the minute we walked in.
- Good Food Good Service = unhappyMsfre1Dined on 9/22/2014We came on a Monday (that was the birthday girl actual birthday). There was a nice crowd outside for the game. We came specifically to be insulted and enjoy a "Dick's Experience". Unfortunately , Monday nights are NOT the nights for this (they told us the weekend is more their norm). The service was GREAT,. we got "pleases" and "thank yous" instead of shut your face, you are eating too much (or whatever we thought we were gonna get). Our server did make us laugh and before we left, he threw napkins and fortune cookies at us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crazy atmospheretbearnandoDined on 9/20/2014Wild loud and obnoxious but that's what they are know for. Throwing napkins at you and embarrassing hats made to fit personalities. You have to try it! Fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a laughTravelerDined on 9/13/2014The food is the typical bar food but the attitude from the staff great. You expect rude people and that's what you get. Best part of the night is the hats. The staff makes you wear these paper hats that let's just say are not rated PG 13. Overall great adult fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I was totally culture shocked at how totally rude one of the girls was! I understand playing, and having a good time but when they start bagging on the way I walk it's crossing the line. Never again will I eat there!
- Fun EveningSandiegoDined on 8/29/2014Service was great!! Waiter and staff were such jerks!! I took 2 foreign exchange students (Brazil & Germany) and they had no idea what kind of place this was. They had so much fun when they figured out what was going on. Loved it!! Place is great for the experience, the food is just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dicks Last ResortBellDined on 8/22/2014The food was decent and it was overall a fun experience. The food is just overpriced for the quality you get. If you really want to experience the restuarant, if recommend going during a less busy time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS WAS FUNJMERIKDined on 8/16/2014REALLY GREAT STAFF. LIVED UP TO IT'S EXPECTATIONS. WILL BE BACK AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Diego FavoriteYodog55Dined on 8/9/2014Always visit Dicks when in San Diego. We appreciated the fact that we questioned portion on the 1/2 rack of ribs since it looked very small. Our server then ordered another portion and we were not charged. He made sure to come back and make sure second order was ok. Always a interesting time there. Enjoyed listening to Wildside while we ate dinner :)Special Features:
- DisappointedSunnyDined on 8/3/2014We took our friend to Dick's to celebrate her 50th birthday, expecting sarcasm, raunchy comments and all that we heard about. None of us had been to Dick's before and we were expecting a great time at the expense of the birthday girl. Well, our waitress barely said anything to us! We ordered some drinks and an appetizer first, but it took so long and we didn't get any fun sarcasm or joking around, so we decided not to stay and have dinner. The waitress came up to our table 4 times: 1st to introduce herself and tell us she was busy with the bigger party at the end of our table. 2nd to take our drink & appetizer order. 3rd to drop it off. 4th dropped off a bill & put a dunce cap on the birthday girl.
- not the bestizzyDined on 7/29/2014Honestly there is so Much hype but the food is so basic I would never go againSpecial Features:
- The following 89 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - San Diego reviews archive.
- It was okayTheresaDined on 7/19/2014The food was okay, but we mainly went there for the atmosphere. Fun place for groups and special occasions like bacherlorette parties etc. I've been there a few times before and this time wasn't as good, but I would still go back.Special Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday. Our server went over the top to make it memorable. Definitely a place to let your hair down and relax. Raunchy but fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceRainbowCalDined on 7/18/2014My friends and I celebrated a late birthday and pre-deployment dinner together here. Our waitress, Dirty Sanchez, was good humored and the perfect amount of rude to make our dinner extremely fun. I already plan to bring more friends here after deployment, and am excited to return. I would recommend this place to anyone who isn't overly sensitive or easily insulted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with delightful serviceMeburmaDined on 7/15/2014Dick's provides the most entertaining dining experience you will ever have. Enjoy the food, stay for the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate somethingLocalDinerDined on 7/11/2014Come with a purpose to celebrate. You miss the fun if you come for the food or simply to watch others. The food was better than expected. Watch the drinks. No prices listed. Quite a surprise in the end.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Fun for our group but the food was horrible! No prices on the drink menu so difficult to budget. Probably would not return.Special Features:
- Nothing specialRedwineroadDined on 7/3/2014This was our 2nd visit to Dicks, and it will be our last. I realize it was a busy night, but our party of 3 was sandwiched in between 3 large groups. I think we were the last priority. Part of the fun of Dicks is the fun service, banter with the server. We revieved none of that.. Food was ok,, and it was cold and took forever. Not for us.Special Features:
- Best rehearsal dinner ever!newlaubeDined on 6/30/2014My new husband and I are from out of town, and we were looking for a suitable restaurant to take our soon-to-be joined families for dinner. Dick's was the PERFECT setting to have the families sit together, laugh and enjoy being silly. We had multiple small children with us as well, and they had so much fun being in a different restaurant environment. They could laugh, have fun and be silly....very unlike most restaurants they have been to. Our large group had a great time and will be talking about this for years to come!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funfun4twoDined on 6/13/2014every time I and my husband eat out Dicks and one other place is all we go because we enjoy the people, the service, the bands. The last time we went was for his birthday party of sorts and not only did I not spend as much as I had saved for the night but the server was worried about how I would get home with a very sweet drunk husband. I totally love going to Dicks and will go again maybe with more people next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dicks reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Super fun and great for birthday occasions. Loved the sarcasm of the waiters. Awesome environment and cool ideas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but be prepared!BigBen71Dined on 6/5/2014The type of service they provide might be called a "gimmick" by some but regardless of their special brand of "service" the food is very, very good!Special Features:
- FUN!PennyDined on 6/4/2014This is a unique, upbeat and fun restaurant. The food is ok, it is also expensive for what you get, but for a special occasion it's worth it as our group was unaware of what happens that made it even more fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At DicksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014This was our first time at the bar. It was a very different experience. We enjoyed the food very much. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Food is terrible and way to expensive, Just a place for drinkingSpecial Features:
- WASTE OF TIMEvsecret420Dined on 4/16/2014First off, i made reservations and didnt even need them..the place was empty, no entertainment!!..Came here expecting to dine inside, instead they were directing everyone outside in the hot sun..i was beyond livid not getting to enjoy the damn rstrnt..I drove 100 miles to end up at Red Lobster instead..Best decision ever made!
- Fun!!!FoodloverDined on 4/15/2014Great place for adults, the larger the group, the more fun it is! Food was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Bachelorette PartyItisjustmeDined on 4/12/2014We had a great time celebrating a bachelorette party. Perfect loud party atmosphere. Our waiter was great (perfect amount of rudeness) he kept the group entertained and the live music was an added bonus. Definitely not a place to go to if you are trying to have a romantic and/or quiet date night. The food was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a memorable occassion..Noup2gooutDined on 3/15/2014Great for a memorable occassion..Not for the weak at heart. Pretty LoudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed......HappyBdayMattDined on 3/15/2014I scheduled this on open table and noted in the comments that it was my daughter's 18th Birthday celebration and if they could make it a memorable one. They did a great celebration for the table next to us and after seeing that we got excited for her. Time passed and nothing happened. We told our waitress that it was her birthday. She did nothing... Maybe she didn't believe us???
- AvoidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014I get it. We should've known what we were getting into. This place was bad because that is what they're going for.
- terrible food great margaritabdaygurl28Dined on 2/28/2014The food is disappointing. No seasoning what so ever. The drinks however were potent.Special Features:
- Last night in San DiegoRobboDined on 2/13/2014We were in San Diego for a work conference having traveled from Australia. I took my team there for our last night and we had a great time. The service and atttiude was awesome and the food and drinks fantastic. Some of my team commented that it was the best restaurant they had ever been to! The band was also excellent. It was a great venue for our noisy group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but I thoughtJulieDined on 2/1/2014Food was good, but I thought you didn't get much for the cost. Very fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.