Dick's Last Resort - San Diego
345 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/
- Phone: 6192319100x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Kitchen is open for Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - Midnight, Venue open till 2 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Arnie Espinoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We have the ability to wrap it up and send it to go. We also do booths at street events and festivals. Contact Perri, our Group Sales Manager at 619-231-9100
- Entertainment: Live Rock & Roll bands Thurs - Saturday Nights, beginning at 8pm.
- Special Events: We host a variety of special events. Some are here at our great venue and some are in conjunction with the local community like the Gaslamp Quarter Association. Our neighborhood also hosts amazing corporate block parties for thousands of conventioneers several times a year. Contact Perri, our Group Sales Manager at 619-231-9100 for details on buy-out, block parties and any kind of special event!
- Cross Street: J street and K Street
- Public Transit: San Diego Trolley - Convention Center / Gaslamp
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered Street Parking ends at 6 pm nightly and is not enforced on Sundays. Look for nearby Parking structures for best rates on busy nights & weekends. Valet Parking available nearby.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - San Diego
The most outrageously good time in the Gaslamp. Boasting Downtown's largest outdoor patio & Featuring "service with attitude", Dick's provides an irreverent dining experience that's "All in Fun & Fun for All". Our expansive dining area seats up to 412 guests, with a semi-exclusive "pit" area that seats 144 guests. Our Patio boasts enough room for 350 Reception style or 178 seated. Our facility includes a stage with professional lighting, a top-of-the-line sound system, 14 flat-screen televisions, and a 100" projection screen. Our servers and facilities can be customized to handle any party with any level of candor, be it a raging bachelor party or a corporate retreat. Two bars, 90 varieties of beer and premium spirits are available. Dick's offers a wide variety of dining packages and is the city's premiere location for parties of any size and for any occasion. Dick's Last Resort is an anchor of historic downtown San Diego, partying loudly on 5th Avenue since 1991.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Dicks Last ResortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was decent and it was overall a fun experience. The food is just overpriced for the quality you get. If you really want to experience the restuarant, if recommend going during a less busy time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS WAS FUNJMERIKDined on 8/16/2014REALLY GREAT STAFF. LIVED UP TO IT'S EXPECTATIONS. WILL BE BACK AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Diego FavoriteYodog55Dined on 8/9/2014Always visit Dicks when in San Diego. We appreciated the fact that we questioned portion on the 1/2 rack of ribs since it looked very small. Our server then ordered another portion and we were not charged. He made sure to come back and make sure second order was ok. Always a interesting time there. Enjoyed listening to Wildside while we ate dinner :)Special Features:
- DisappointedSunnyDined on 8/3/2014We took our friend to Dick's to celebrate her 50th birthday, expecting sarcasm, raunchy comments and all that we heard about. None of us had been to Dick's before and we were expecting a great time at the expense of the birthday girl. Well, our waitress barely said anything to us! We ordered some drinks and an appetizer first, but it took so long and we didn't get any fun sarcasm or joking around, so we decided not to stay and have dinner. The waitress came up to our table 4 times: 1st to introduce herself and tell us she was busy with the bigger party at the end of our table. 2nd to take our drink & appetizer order. 3rd to drop it off. 4th dropped off a bill & put a dunce cap on the birthday girl.
- not the bestizzyDined on 7/29/2014Honestly there is so Much hype but the food is so basic I would never go againSpecial Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday. Our server went over the top to make it memorable. Definitely a place to let your hair down and relax. Raunchy but fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceRainbowCalDined on 7/18/2014My friends and I celebrated a late birthday and pre-deployment dinner together here. Our waitress, Dirty Sanchez, was good humored and the perfect amount of rude to make our dinner extremely fun. I already plan to bring more friends here after deployment, and am excited to return. I would recommend this place to anyone who isn't overly sensitive or easily insulted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with delightful serviceMeburmaDined on 7/15/2014Dick's provides the most entertaining dining experience you will ever have. Enjoy the food, stay for the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate somethingLocalDinerDined on 7/11/2014Come with a purpose to celebrate. You miss the fun if you come for the food or simply to watch others. The food was better than expected. Watch the drinks. No prices listed. Quite a surprise in the end.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Fun for our group but the food was horrible! No prices on the drink menu so difficult to budget. Probably would not return.Special Features:
- Nothing specialRedwineroadDined on 7/3/2014This was our 2nd visit to Dicks, and it will be our last. I realize it was a busy night, but our party of 3 was sandwiched in between 3 large groups. I think we were the last priority. Part of the fun of Dicks is the fun service, banter with the server. We revieved none of that.. Food was ok,, and it was cold and took forever. Not for us.Special Features:
- Best rehearsal dinner ever!newlaubeDined on 6/30/2014My new husband and I are from out of town, and we were looking for a suitable restaurant to take our soon-to-be joined families for dinner. Dick's was the PERFECT setting to have the families sit together, laugh and enjoy being silly. We had multiple small children with us as well, and they had so much fun being in a different restaurant environment. They could laugh, have fun and be silly....very unlike most restaurants they have been to. Our large group had a great time and will be talking about this for years to come!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funfun4twoDined on 6/13/2014every time I and my husband eat out Dicks and one other place is all we go because we enjoy the people, the service, the bands. The last time we went was for his birthday party of sorts and not only did I not spend as much as I had saved for the night but the server was worried about how I would get home with a very sweet drunk husband. I totally love going to Dicks and will go again maybe with more people next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dicks reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Super fun and great for birthday occasions. Loved the sarcasm of the waiters. Awesome environment and cool ideas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but be prepared!BigBen71Dined on 6/5/2014The type of service they provide might be called a "gimmick" by some but regardless of their special brand of "service" the food is very, very good!Special Features:
- FUN!PennyDined on 6/4/2014This is a unique, upbeat and fun restaurant. The food is ok, it is also expensive for what you get, but for a special occasion it's worth it as our group was unaware of what happens that made it even more fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At DicksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014This was our first time at the bar. It was a very different experience. We enjoyed the food very much. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Food is terrible and way to expensive, Just a place for drinkingSpecial Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - San Diego reviews archive.
- WASTE OF TIMEvsecret420Dined on 4/16/2014First off, i made reservations and didnt even need them..the place was empty, no entertainment!!..Came here expecting to dine inside, instead they were directing everyone outside in the hot sun..i was beyond livid not getting to enjoy the damn rstrnt..I drove 100 miles to end up at Red Lobster instead..Best decision ever made!
- Fun!!!FoodloverDined on 4/15/2014Great place for adults, the larger the group, the more fun it is! Food was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Bachelorette PartyItisjustmeDined on 4/12/2014We had a great time celebrating a bachelorette party. Perfect loud party atmosphere. Our waiter was great (perfect amount of rudeness) he kept the group entertained and the live music was an added bonus. Definitely not a place to go to if you are trying to have a romantic and/or quiet date night. The food was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a memorable occassion..Noup2gooutDined on 3/15/2014Great for a memorable occassion..Not for the weak at heart. Pretty LoudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed......HappyBdayMattDined on 3/15/2014I scheduled this on open table and noted in the comments that it was my daughter's 18th Birthday celebration and if they could make it a memorable one. They did a great celebration for the table next to us and after seeing that we got excited for her. Time passed and nothing happened. We told our waitress that it was her birthday. She did nothing... Maybe she didn't believe us???
- AvoidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014I get it. We should've known what we were getting into. This place was bad because that is what they're going for.
- terrible food great margaritabdaygurl28Dined on 2/28/2014The food is disappointing. No seasoning what so ever. The drinks however were potent.Special Features:
- Last night in San DiegoRobboDined on 2/13/2014We were in San Diego for a work conference having traveled from Australia. I took my team there for our last night and we had a great time. The service and atttiude was awesome and the food and drinks fantastic. Some of my team commented that it was the best restaurant they had ever been to! The band was also excellent. It was a great venue for our noisy group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but I thoughtJulieDined on 2/1/2014Food was good, but I thought you didn't get much for the cost. Very fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2014I really had no idea what I was getting us into when I made this reservation but I sure am glad I did. The servers "attitudes" and "rudeness" were hysterical. I had the Pasta la Vista with Chicken and my husband had the Fish and Chips. Both of our meals were outstanding. I'll go again next time I'm in San Diego.Special Features:
- Special BirthdayMeadowSpringsLabradorsDined on 12/31/2013I took my daughter to Dicks for her 17th birthday. We had an amazing time. Best part was when the server put her face in a plate of whipped cream. A memorable night for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and drinks are way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013food and drinks are way too expensive for the quality
- The Hoss ReviewHossDined on 11/16/2013The experience was unforgettable. It was very exciting the way the servers play with you. It is a flirting and teasing experience. i was hoping it would be a little more inappropriate but I realized that the staff must tame it down for the general public. Someone came up behind me and placed a handmade hat from butcher paper that someone had written on in magic marker, "Viagra saved my marriage." true it had but how did they know that? it was a blast and the food was excellent. The taste, the flavor and the texture were wonderful. i must say that the overall dining experience far exceeded my expectations! I will go back the next time I’m Insane Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday spot!!winnerwinnnerckndinnerDined on 11/2/2013I went out with a group of girlfriends for my 30th birthday and had a blast!! This was all of our first times being there and they made sure to make us feel welcomed, in classic Dicks Last Resort fashion of course! It is a nice change up from a normal restaurant scene and I can not wait to go back. They had us laughing the entire time making the trip there well worth it!Special Features:
- terrible food & servicejeff32Dined on 10/25/2013.our waitress was dry I know the concept of dicks i ve been 4 times but the waitress was lame. ordered chicken nachos they came with out chicken i got charged for chicken even after i complained. bought a $26 drink with very little to no alchol in it
- Great for celebrationsslksandiegoDined on 10/18/2013We took our 15 year old there for a group birthday, her choice. The hats they customize for you are hysterical and we all had fun with that, even my 77 year old mom. The service was fast and cheerful. The waiters make the place. There was an 18 year old birthday in the room as well and you could tell they loved it too. The band started at the end of our dinner. I would have liked to stay longer because they were great. The girls got one dance in with some gals that turned 40, and they were working it! I would definitely go back for a fun time......Special Features:
- Sam was our server and shegreattimeDined on 10/4/2013Sam was our server and she was phenomenal. We had a great time and enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were celebrating our friendsbdayDined on 9/11/2013we were celebrating our friends 21 st b day it was a great place to start the knoghtSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnerjenrlopDined on 9/7/2013Great for big groups and a laid back time. Very fun and tons of laughing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmotherofthebrideDined on 9/7/2013Trevor was our waiter and he made the evening to memorable for my daughters bachelorette party!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress too niceKatieDined on 9/2/2013My experience was enjoyable, and the notorious service made memories for my group. My only complaint is that I wish my waitress had been ruder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So RUDE...So FUN!LDartistgirlDined on 8/24/2013Loved it! Had a great time!!! Waiter was over the top RUDE, short and so fun. It's an experience you can't miss out on. The silly hats they make out of paper with obnoxious comments written on them, are hilarious! And the food was great too! We brought the whole family and they tamed the comments down for the kids, and everyone had a great time! Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.