Dick's Last Resort - Nashville
154 Second Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/
- Phone: (615) 800-8894
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Dana Johnson 6158008894x
- Entertainment: LIVE CLASSIC ROCK BANDS EVERY WEEKEND!
TUNES U KNOW AND LUV!
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Nashville
EAT...DRINK...LAUGH--- THAT"S MY BRAND PROMISE 2 U! BRING UR GANG DOWN TO MY PLACE TO HAVE SOME FUN AND GOOD FOOD! I WILL MAKE SURE U LEAVE WITH SOME GREAT MEMORIES, A HAT ON UR HEAD AND A FULL BELLY!! U MIGHT EVEN NEED A SOVUENIR TO SHOW UR FRIENDS WHEN U GET HOME, THAT IS IF U HAVE ANY?? OK, SO COME ON DOWN TO 154 SECOND AVENUE NORTH HERE IN NASH VEGAS! WE HAVE SOME GREAT NEIGHBORS TOO..COYOTE UGLY, BB KING'S, BUFFALO BILLIARDS, SPAGETTI FACTORY.....PARKING RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET.....JUST AS FOR ME, "DICK"!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (19)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- lalugruberDined on 11/8/2014the drinks were amazing, but the food was terrible!!!! but we had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GtredheadDined on 10/31/2014Dicks was a great time. If you like being entertained by your servers being real "dicks" to you! All the staff did a good job. I have been to other locations that were a little more fun. However they still did a decent job. Please be aware however every time you order a drink make sure u are not paying extra for the one with the suvioner glass. If you order beer ask for the bottle. We ended up paying for a huge beer glass and shot glass each by the time dinner was over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better Than ExpectedfoodismyfavoriteDined on 10/25/2014This was a choice my soon to be 14 year old daughter made for her birthday with friends. We, the parents, sighed "ok", but didn't have high expectations for the food. Not having been here before, we assumed it'd be another tourist type place, but it was very FUN and our waitress was a rude (as they are) blast. She MADE this a fun dinner. The fried shrimp I had was exceptional, and my husband loved the ribs. This wasn't your typical fried bar food. It was very tasty (though very pricey for what it was…ex. fried shrimp & basket of fries $16.99). For a birthday, it was worth it. It was fun. The kids loved it. The hats she made for us were hilarious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The theme of the restaurant was wonderful, but the prices were a little to extreme for this type of place, for 2 people we spent over 100.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I went with my family and we had a great time! The waiter was funny and attentive at the same time. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to at least have good foodHeavenlyBaconDined on 9/13/2014I know that rude is their schtick, but they go a little far and it's not even very funny. The big problem, though, is the food isn't very good.Special Features:
- Fun placeTNtravelers23Dined on 9/12/2014We had fun but the food was just ok.....chicken was dry and seasoning was not good. Shrimp platter was good and ribs are always good. Be ready for insults and laughs all in one!Special Features:
- not dickish enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014So we went to this Dicks and weren't even insulted! We expected to have a lively assholish banter with our waiter and it just didn't happen! Very disappointed.Special Features:
- SurpriseJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 9/5/2014I was caught off guard by this restaurant. Rowdy atmosphere with servers who role play being obnoxious but in attempted good fun. More for the younger crowd who like to drink and whoop it up. Food was average and pricey for quality provided. To be fair I was warned when seated and perhaps I should have left for a more upscale place that I was expecting. It was Friday night and I was uncertain if we could get in anywhere else at that time in downtown Nashville. Wish the description could have better alerted me. Also, I take responsibility for selecting this place which was not what I was expecting.
- Sounded like funSoccergeekmomDined on 8/23/2014I had heard about Dick's Last Resort and thought it would be fun. The concept of being insulted while dining might seem strange but our family is sarcastic so we figured we'd fit right in. The server, Fang, was fun and she was the reason that I gave the review 3 stars overall. The food was mediocre at best and way overpriced for what we got. Limited menu--didn't even have burgers and sandwiches. We had chicken fried chicken and ribs. Both were blah. The live band, The Mulch Brothers, was very good and would be worth hearing again. I'm glad I experienced this once but don't plan to go back.Special Features:
- FunfunmomDined on 8/9/2014We went to Dick's to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday. It was a very fun atmosphere and we really enjoyed the experience. Our waiter was funny and engaging. Dinner prices were a little high, but the price was expected. Didn't think the food was great but we really went more for the experience. We had a coupon, so it did make the evening more affordable. Next time we would probably come for lunch instead of dinner. Didn't feel like the restaurant was very clean. Our over all experience was very good.Special Features:
- 104bachDined on 8/8/2014service with sass- perfect for my bachlorette party! our waitress was super feisty and hilarious, we even got 'special' attention from another waiter. great time!Special Features:
- 1st and Last visit.axo18Dined on 8/7/2014All I would like to say about Dick's Last Resort is that it was my 1st and last visit. Save your money and your time and dine else were. Thank You
- The following 116 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - Nashville reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We were very disapointed. We expected the food to be priced higher becasue it is in a tourist location, but we also expected a level of service and interaction that we had heard about. It was really a very boring visit. We had very little interaction with the server until after we had finished the meal and were ready to leave. The food that we ordered was not good. The hamburger was incredibly dry & the sauce on the ribs tasted awful. All in all, we were very disappointed.
- DisappointingJOOLSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Party of 11 on Saturday afternoon @4.15pm. Got call morning of to confirm--thought that was professional--then came the hitch. I was told the reservation was not really a "reservation"--my group would be put on the list ahead of walk-ins and we would not be seated until the entire group was present. Would've been OK except that two folks had problems getting a taxi, so we did not get a table until 5.00pm. Again, this would have been okay, if they were busy. There were plenty of tables within arms reach of where we stood at the bar, waiting. There were other issues, but here's the deal--I use OpenTable because I want a reservation. I don't like waiting for 45-60 minutes to sit. I prefer to dine where I can get a reservation.
- notbostonNotBostonDined on 7/15/2014We have visited the Last Resort in Boston many times and the quality of food in Nashville doesn't come close. Nashville shouldn't even have seafood listed on the menu, I had crab legs and they were the worst I have ever had.Special Features:
- loadsoffunDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed the fun in the restraunt. It would be more fun for a bigger group than two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!!cupcakeDined on 7/12/2014I had a really fun time there. Chase our waiter was awesome. Only thing I didn't like was the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't as much fun as I thoughthatwastheonlythingfunnyDined on 7/7/2014We went based on visits other friends had made. Their visits were way more fun than ours. All the servers must have taken zombie pills the day we were there because there weren't may shenanigans like I've seen go on at Dick's. The pulled pork sandwich was good despite the fact that I didn't realize the cole slaw was going to be ON my sandwich & not a side dish. I might try another Dick's but probably not the one in Nashville.Special Features:
- Skip thisKeifDined on 7/5/2014We were very disappointed with this dining experience. The food was very poor quality and the drinks were a rip off.Special Features:
- An Incredible AtmospherecjhuntDined on 7/4/2014If you have any sense of humor whatsoever, you will absolutely love a night at Dick's Last Resort. It's sarcasm with a smile and some pretty funny paper hats. My only complaint about the entire experience was that my 12oz Ribeye was a mere 3/8 of an inch thick and my medium+ came out closer to well done. I didn't have time to send it back but I am sure they would have corrected the error had I brought it to their attention. Also, they serve likely the biggest margarita I have ever seen, sold as "for 2 people" so they can put 4 shots in it, but for a whopping $22, not sure it was worth it, but you do get to keep the cup. Overall it is a great experience and I will 100% for sure do it again someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should've had drinks for dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This is the second time I have been to Dick's. I loved it the first time but this time was a little disappointing. The server started off great then steadily began to forget about us. He had a lot of big groups so we were patient. I'm not going to lie my food was pretty awful. I got blackened chicken and it was so spicy I couldnt' eat it. The rice was bland. My friends' food was good though I just wouldn't get the chicken. I didn't say anything though so it's my own fault. The drinks were awesome it just took forever to get new ones. I'm sure I'll be back but only with a large group so the experience and service will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Great timeffkhillDined on 6/26/2014It was some great food. Chicken and Steaks were great. Service was greatSpecial Features:
- Interesting placeMommyonthegoDined on 6/24/2014Definitely an interesting place, the food was typical bar food, average at best.Special Features:
- RefreshingCustom72Dined on 6/21/2014It was honestly refreshing that the wait staff acted according to their mission statement. It was nice that they weren't constantly "waiting" on us. The variety on the menu was great as well. Not the typical items. Thanks for the great time Dick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day funAnwilliaDined on 6/15/2014We set a reservation for a group of 18 using Open Table. We took or dad here for Father's Day. We had a great time. As he is supposed to be, our server, Chase, was rude and threw our napkins and straws and made my dad a hat that said "I got dirt beat by 10 years!" Hilarious!! My mom's hat said "Been on more wiener than mustard and ketchup!" We were floored as she's a bit of a prude so that was funny! The food was ok. Not the greatest but by far not bad. The atmosphere was open and lively. Great place to go and hang out with friends or fam. And btw, we had a newborn with us. He got a hat also. His said "I ripped mommy a new one!" Bahahahahaha....Chase is such a dick!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationNashvilleDined on 5/31/2014I went to DLR to celebrate my husbands 40th Birthday with a group of friends. I booked a reservation online. They got us in right away. Our waiter was halarious!!! Drink were great!!! Food was delicious!!! Atmosphere was fun!!! Perfect place to go with friends or a family. Kids were in the restaurant. I noticed that the employees were very protective of them & made sure they had a good time too. I have nothing negative to say about the place. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatYummyumm2Dined on 5/24/2014We love this place. Such a fun time and good food. Never knew people being rude to you on purpose would be so funny. Great laughs and memoriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPg29Dined on 5/17/2014We had a great time! Great service, great drinks! Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 hours of waitingNotimpressed1234Dined on 5/17/2014We made reservations for 7:45, didn't get seated till 9:00. Took another hour to get our food, which was cold and tasteless. The atmosphere was fun and the only good thing about the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great for a partyyumyumzDined on 5/16/2014We came here with a large group of girls for a bachelorette party. Definitely a great restaurant for that type of occasion! If you want some where quiet this is not the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the hypesneakychicDined on 4/26/2014Went for bday celebration expecting fun time. Food average at best; logans & other chains much better food, overpriced. Waiter tried to be rude in entertaining way but was not successful. I enjoy a good laugh & can laugh at myself but dumping coke in teenagers lap on purpose does not fall under rude but funny. Not what I expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our celebrationladypitdogDined on 4/23/2014We were seated immediately service was OK. Bartender didn't know how to put alcohol in drinks and for what they charge I was hoping to feel the one I chose to order. Didn't happen. Food....sounds great not worth the price.Special Features:
- not for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014this is a adult place not appropriate for kids or teenagers waiters are rude and vulgar (on purpose part of the act) You must be able to laugh at yourself and not be insulted because they willI would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time for allHandsomeDined on 4/12/2014We had 3 adults and 4 kids aged 13-15 and all hats were "appropriate". *****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude taken a little too farTNsoftballDined on 4/5/2014this was a high school softball team group outing. It was 11 girls from 9th to 12th grade. knowing that the girls would pay to be treated rudely hence the dining experience. The waitress brought out souvenir cups, not asking if they want them. Management had to be gotten involved to get this removed then the waitress chased down the group accusing them of stealing one of the cups they didn't even ask for. I won't even get into how far the waitress took inappropriate. All in all the girls had fun and one way past rude waitress didn't ruin their whole night. Next time an adult will be present to make sure that they aren't taken advantage of again. Bad experience.
- TerribleMadatDLRDined on 3/29/2014Worst experience. They don't even honor reservations. We made them for 8:45 and still weren't seated at 10. This was for a bachelorette party and we left and ate sbarros. The hostess, raven, yelled at our bride and rolled her eyes at us. They sat 2 large parties that didn't do open table before us and finally the manager came and didn't apologize or offer anything to us except to put is back ok the wait list! No need for them to have an open table app at all.
- birthday partykmachesDined on 3/28/2014We went for my daughter's sweet 16 and had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, average food.HankDined on 3/27/2014Certainly more interesting than your average bar and grill, but food was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still hungry!stillhungryDined on 3/15/2014I've been to this location specifically 3 times. We made a reservation for 14 around noon for 730pm, we arrive and still had to wait over an hour for our table.Then my food was never brought out.i waited about 10 minutes before I said to the waitress that I was still waiting.She said another 2 minutes.Great, no problem.Another 10-15 minutes goes by and she blames the kitchen for being busy. It was at this point 1 hour after I ordered my food,which was only an appetizer. and the server acted like it wasn't her problem. So I said forget the food, I'll get a hot dog from a vendor on the street since at this point everyone in my group was finished eating, I just asked for another beer. Never got that either. Very frustrating , I won't be back.