Dick's Last Resort - Myrtle Beach
4700 Highway 17 South
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Myrtle Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/
- Phone: (843) 272-7794
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Prince 843-272-7794x
- Entertainment: Live Bands Nightly in Season
- Special Events: NYE CELEBRATION, ELVIS BIRTHDAY PARTY JAN. 8TH., MARDI GRAS PARADE FEB. 17TH. ST. PATTYS DAY, CINCO DE MAYO PARTY, PADDLE FOR THE PETS APRIL 25TH.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Myrtle Beach
EAT...DRINK...LAUGH--- THAT"S MY BRAND PROMISE 2 U! BRING UR GANG DOWN TO MY PLACE TO HAVE SOME FUN AND GOOD FOOD! I WILL MAKE SURE U LEAVE WITH SOME GREAT MEMORIES, A HAT ON UR HEAD AND A FULL BELLY!! U MIGHT EVEN NEED A SOVUENIR TO SHOW UR FRIENDS WHEN U GET HOME, THAT IS IF U HAVE ANY?? COME ON DOWN TO 4700 HWY. 17 S. IN NORTH MYRTLE BEACH AT THE ENTRANCE OF BAREFOOT LANDING. JUST ASK FOR ME, DICK!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Myrtle Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (6)special occasion (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Bachelorette Partyslowry81Dined on 10/25/2014I made reservations there for my friend who is getting married! I had been there once before and remembered how rude the waiter and waitresses were! But that's how they are supposed to be! Everyone really enjoyed it and the food was great! I do plan on going back one day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Time!!!!HappyBirthdayDined on 10/25/2014Our waiter was Great! I'm sure he will remember us as the ones that kept asking to sing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" hahaha.. We had kids in our group and he was very, very, rude (as that's his job!) but when it came to the kids he was very polite and friendly. Thank you for a GREAT TIME! Def. will come back!Special Features:
- fun tourist jointmaryincaryDined on 10/11/2014I'll be honest, we went there to laugh. We had heard about this place and wanted to check it out. The entertainment did not disappoint. Our server was super sarcastic and funny. You have to go with an open mind. The food was pricey and not that great, but we went for the atmosphere. They really push the drinks, appetizers, and the souvenir shirts to increase the bill. Fun for a special occasion, not for young children.Special Features:
- Dicks Last ResortShirbat1Dined on 9/5/2014We went on a Friday night. There was a live one man band. The music was very loud that you were unable to carry on a conversation. The music was so loud that it interfered with interaction with the servers. The servers were great. The food was below standard. The food arrived cold. The shrimp was not edible. It was hard with no flavor. The fries and vega tables arrived cold. The Chicky Fried Chicky was covered in gravy that covered up the taste of the chicken. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - Myrtle Beach reviews archive.
- What Happened?BestofDined on 5/29/2014Years ago when I first visited Dicks for lunch I was totally entertained by the rowdy, sarcastic waiters. That's what gave the place its character. Last month I invited some out-of-towners to Dicks for a lively lunch of grub and gab and was extremely disappointed at the tone of the place. The waiter was very polite. I would even go so far as to say that he was overly polite. Not what I expected, nor what I drove 200 miles to see. The waiter explained to us that they had to PG the place at lunch because of the kids. So sad....not going back!!!Special Features:
- Entertaining4guysandaladyDined on 5/16/2014Our server was awesome. She gave us get memories to laugh about for years to come. She played the role but was still attentive to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, good service, lousy foodSrTripDined on 5/3/2014Dick's is a good one-time experience for the "atmosphere". Definitely don't go if you don't like crass humor. Our server was an excellent waiter and played the verbal part of a Dick's waiter well. That said, the food was definitely poor for the prices. Dolly's chicken breast dry; southwest salad not to our liking; another member of our party had fish and chips that were beyond greasy. I certainly don't mind paying medium-to-high prices for good food, but Dick's food did not reach that mark. So in summary, go for the entertainment if you like that kind, but I can't recommend the food.Special Features:
- Fun time!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2014Food is decent but the place is hysterical. Be prepared to be made fun of. Couldn't stop laughing! One of those places you have to trySpecial Features:
- Honestly, you go there toAmc20Dined on 3/23/2014Honestly, you go there to pay others to treat you less than kindly. While I was quite unnerved about this concept at first, I found that the wait staff matched the candor of each group of guests. There were some very crass things going on that I would never have brought a child into, but many parents did and nobody seemed to bat an eyelash. The food was absolutely mediocre, but that's not really what draws you there anyway.Special Features:
- Waiter's Last Name Was WhiteBribri22Dined on 3/21/2014My group was 7 we made a reservation and got seated right away. We were spring breakers from Philadelphia. I've been there before when I was a lot younger. It's always a fun time!Special Features:
- Totally insulted!JLLODined on 3/12/2014Our waiter, Big Sexy, kept us laughing and cringing from the moment we sat down. He was the loudest, most obnoxious, rude waiter in the whole restaurant! The comments he wrote on our hats were funny and inappropriate, exactly what you expect when you come to this restaurant. We were one of the first groups coming in for dinner, so we had the opportunity to watch and listen to the other waiters as they abused their customers. Our food came pretty fast after our order and the quality was better than I expected it to be. I had the BBQ chicken and ribs with a bucket of fries and a frosty cold beer. The meat portions were ample, tender and tasty. We caught a show afterwards and had no problem of feeling rushed to get through with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a bunch of dicksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013The server was mean to me!! hahah, they are supposed to be !!!Special Features:
- lots of laughsgoldengirlDined on 10/4/2013We went with a large group and had many laughs!!!! I highly recommend the more people the better!!! Our server had a great personality. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food,pbj56Dined on 9/17/2013Great service, good food, easy parking. Fun waiter just a bit sarcastic which made our dinner lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun. Fun. FunThesseDined on 9/4/2013Our most fun dining experience during our vacation!Special Features:
- Spend your $$$ somewhere elseMaggieVIPDined on 7/9/2013Definitely would not recommend this restaurant. Overpriced and the dinner menu was very limited. Went expecting to get insulted but found the "entertainment" very boring. We got our paper hats but that was about it.
- So much fun!JuneBugDined on 5/16/2013Our group came here on our last nite of our Bike Week beach trip....had so much fun and had a lot if laughs!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apparently they do not takeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Apparently they do not take reservations. I have no idea why this link is on that I webpage
- Food was average but the uniquenessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2013Food was average but the uniqueness of the restaurant made up for it.
- Unique and memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013The servers are notably rude and crude as they should be. The whole point of the dining experience is to have servers who are "less than stellar" in relating to customers. They treated us with total disrespect while making sure we had everything we needed. If you have a sense of humor and want a unique experience this place is worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food was good and atmoshereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013Food was good and atmoshere was out of this world. only draw back is the bar prices are not comprable to other local night spots.Special Features:
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/15/2012Off-season is not the time to go. Maybe better in-season? Dunno. Won't go back. This is a theme based restaurant and not a place to get what you would call good food.
- This is a terrific place forOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/8/2012This is a terrific place for alot of fun!!! If you can't take a joke do not go!!! The scene is worth the prices!!Special Features:
- A very fun place to eat andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012A very fun place to eat and drink. 3 things though. Make sure you place reservations for easier and quicker table sitting. This place is busy with a 1/2 mile line outside waiting to get in. NO KIDS and NO POOR SPORTS aka bad sense of humor and don't come alone neither. Dicks became famous for their atmosphere and if you are not looking for rude service and some real laughter and fun memories that are unforgettable with ADULT friends then I would not recommend this place. The food and price range is pretty good and comparable to applebees, chilis,ruby tuesdays, so on and so forth.Special Features:
- Had a great time! Gator BitesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2012Had a great time! Gator Bites were awesome! Not a place for small kids at nightSpecial Features:
- This place is awesome! It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012This place is awesome! It's great for out of towners and locals alike. It's definitely for a crowd ages 16 and up. If you're looking for good eats with a sarcastic dining vibe to it, this is the place for you! I would definitely go back! Not a place to take people who can't take a joke or who are faint of heart...by appearance and service that isSpecial Features:
- Amazing! My first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Amazing! My first time there and it was so fun, loud, and crazy!Special Features:
- Disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2012I've been there before, about two years ago and it was great! This time, the food was terrible and definately not worth the price! We were told that they were shutting down for a month, so they were "Dwindling down on things" because of this several items on the menu weren't available. It seems like they were dwindling down on the quality too!Special Features:
- we had a good time but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011we had a good time but the food was not as good as the last timeSpecial Features:
- Rehearsal dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011I did not know what this place was. I chose it randly for our rehearsal dinner. I wasortfied at first but them everyone loosened up and we laughed the whole night. Food was great too!Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2011Had a great time waiter was funny and friendly love the hats would highly recamend it if you are in Myrtle Beach it's a must do.Special Features:
- Got to the restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Got to the restaurant and they did not have a reservation for us and they stated they dont make reservations. This was for my daughters and sons birthdays and they didn't even acknowledge after being told 3 or 4 times about the birthdays!!!! Very displeased and will not return!!
- Great fun place to go. I lovelovinlifeDined on 3/18/2011Great fun place to go. I love the concept but some of the waiters can take it too far. Also the waiters want to dish it out but don't seem to be able to take it! Love the music and the kids thought it was an awesome place. Definitely for the light hearted. I would recommend.Special Features:
- This was my first ever visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011This was my first ever visit to dicks last resort and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fun reading all the hats!Special Features:
- Had a great time. Went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2011Had a great time. Went there for a bachelorette party. Food was just okay though.Special Features: