Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America
Mall of America - 4th Floor,402 South Ave
Bloomington, MN 55425Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/domains/minneapolis
- Phone: 6122766995
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your next party. Please call to make arrangements.
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Friday and Saturday Night!
- Special Events: We would love to host your private event. Please call to make arrangements.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America
Let the chaos begin! Dick’s Last Resort is now open on the 4th floor of the Mall of America. We’re redefining ”Minnesota Nice” one sucker at a time. Come on in and let us abuse you, ‘cause that’s what we do best. We’ve got buckets o’ good grub, free live entertainment, and plenty o’ sarcasm server up fresh daily! Now open fer lunch and dinner, you betcha!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (7)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- FUN!!!!cornyDined on 7/10/2014We went with a group for a 21st Birthday celebration, and Dick's Last Resort was PERFECT for this occasion!! We had all "adults" in our group and it was very energetic and entertaining!! Would not recommend this place for kids or anyone easily offended by their humor!! Food is marginal, but overall entertainment was perfect for us!!Special Features:
- my knife was bigger then the STEAKBWWloveDined on 7/9/2014seen on TV so we wanted to try it. boy what a waste should of went back to Buffalo Wild Wings. the waitress was new but the guy who was training her sucked big time. he was rude. but that is what they are known for loud and rude. would tell friends not to go. not worth money or time. Servers did not interact with you. All they did was put hats on you that were completely STUPID. They were not funny. The environment was Rushed. The appetizer came out AFTER my entrée. & Boy were they NASTY! The fried pickles had WAY too much breading, which was gross.
- SanzDined on 7/6/2014Food is average at best, not bad, but not great. It's obvious people go there for the treatment. Waiters are super fun to interact with if you know what you're getting into. Expect to get napkins thrown at you, straws that don't work, yelled at by staff, and a hat personalized just for you! Fun place to just be yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014My daughter and I really enjoyed our experience at Dick's Last Resort. Our waiter Buttercup was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 118 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America reviews archive.
- Disappointing ExperiencefiremanswifeDined on 6/24/2014My daughter chose to go here for her birthday lunch - she was turning 11 and had heard it was a fun place. I noted this in our reservations. I understand this place is supposed to have obnoxious service. However I still expect to have my drink refilled. Food was awful - how do you screw up a corn dog? Ask this place. They didn't even acknowledge my daughter's birthday. And in the middle of the day I would think they'd tone down what they write on the hats of adults. Even my daughter recognized the inappropriateness and was ready to leave. A very disappointing experience. They won't get a second chance for me to waste my money.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Food less than desirable! VERY SALTY! Environment was a fun thought, but after hearing about it, I knew what was going to happen...including the sarcastic one liners. Nothing unique. They don't recognize birthdays. Out of our group of 7, not one of us would go back!
- Mixed feelingsUndecidedDined on 5/4/2014It was fun and something different. Alcohol prices were quite high and some of the food was over priced. Some food was very good, some not so. Half rack of ribs were fatty. Portions were on the smaller side. Having kids with we would have liked to have seen a burger on the menu. Not sure if we'd return. It was a fun time though.Special Features:
- What a joke!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014The host said they dont take reservations for groups less than 15 people and the resturant does NOT honor reservations made on Open Table. The food was over priced and nothing special. They sat us in the bar...two adults and two kids when the entire resturant was empty. Not going back. EVER.Special Features:
- EhhhHijuiyDined on 4/1/2014Did online reservations and they wouldn't take us until our entire party was there ... Also it had to b more than 11 which was never noted in the online reviewSpecial Features:
- not our placedancemomDined on 1/5/2014While the service was great I would say the food left something to be desired. Choices were limited and portions were small. Flavor was just OK but not a place we would visit again.Special Features:
- horrible!new2usDined on 1/2/2014We didn't like it at all! Food was horrible and we didn't even get what we ordered and we were over charged!
- Enjoyed the food and enjoyedTspursDined on 1/1/2014Enjoyed the food and enjoyed the wait staff. Made us laugh and have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the experience-be cool!BiffDined on 12/30/2013Went for NY eve with 6 kids-waiter was really fun- we knew what to expect. Food is okay but very fun for a casual night out and a laugh. Kids loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a fun time, but wishSAYICYDined on 11/24/2013We had a fun time, but wish the waiter would have "toned it down"a little since I had a 7 and 10 year old with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groups with a sense of humor -OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2013It was good to know upfront that we were in for some sarcastic humor... our waiter did a good job reading our table... one of the other waiters was a bit over the top with some interactions with his table. We had fun... just stayed for appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedGoodtimesDined on 10/16/2013Our waiter was awesome. Love the sarcasm. Had all the kids laughing. Foods not awesome, but that's not why we went. Good experience on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They go to far with everything.julieDined on 10/13/2013They go to far with everything. Fod was poor, did not get our drinks for 30 minutes, not kid friendly, will never go backSpecial Features:
- We were there previously andTedlogan4Dined on 10/10/2013We were there previously and had a great time so I brought some friends this time. The restaurant was pretty empty and we had a female waitress. We didn't have the time we were expecting. The male waiters seemed to be more into their roles!!Special Features:
- InterestingEarlDined on 10/1/2013This place has a unique atmosphere which is cool. However, the food is so awful and extremely overpriced for the quality which you recieve. We had a good server but the food just blew it for me.Special Features:
- I can't rate the above diningChristineDined on 9/19/2013I can't rate the above dining experience - haven't had it yet. I didn't realize I made a reservation for this date... I wanted to make a reservation for 8 on Friday, Oct 11th at 5:15pm. Do you have record of that reservation?
- Took my Granddaughters hereoldoneDined on 8/22/2013Took my Granddaughters here for lunch. The food was great and the waiter was good about his humor with the age of the girls and keep it clean. The girls had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FunGudtimeDined on 8/14/2013Arranged a group of Aunts, cousins and close family friends. Didn't hear the greatest reviews prior to going but was pleasently surprised at the experience. We did not stop laughing the entire time there. Food was good, drinks were pricey but also good. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Entertaining and surprisingjmacDined on 8/12/2013First time eating at Dicks. Must say the first few moments were surprising. The waiter was rude, arrogant, loud and obnoxious. He took the order unwillingly and expressed a great distaste for our drink and dinner choices even after detailing the dinner choices very methodically. We as a group enjoyed our meal and left with some great memories.Special Features:
- Fun adult experience.rowdy1RandyDined on 6/30/2013Truly a unique dining experience. The wait staff is very engaging and rowdy. The atmosphere is not for serious diners and probably not the best for children under 12 years. It was a good, light-hearted experience and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is enoughJillDined on 6/16/2013This is a fun place to go once to witness the sassy and sarcastic staff. The food is good but not great.
- BillGNOgirlsDined on 5/16/2013We had group of 9 ladies. All of which had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food and humor. The only complaint we had was our bill. We did not receive a normal bill that showed the total. We had 3 ladies pay $75 off the top and the rest was divided equally for each guest. Our server told us a total of $20.20 each, but neglected to say that included the tip. We all tipped an additional $5 or $6 each. Not knowing the tip had been added in. I spoke to the manager, he confirmed that tip would have been included with the size of party we had and he has asked that I send a receipt of someone's payment. I have not sent it in yet. All in all we had a wonderful time. Possibly why we didn't ask more questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with family to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2013Went with family to celebrate my daughters 15th bday and the food and service was terrible. We were looking forward to the rude remarks etc and our waiter barely said anything to us. We didn't get the special hats for our table until we were done eating. Server was lazy . Food was terrible. I would not recommend this location to anyone!
- You have to have the rightMissamayDined on 4/14/2013You have to have the right personality to go hear but, if you have that personality and can take sarcasm, you will love it! My teenager loves going here, we have been here a few times and this time brought a group with us, we all had a blast! The food is good too! The ribs are excellent!Special Features:
- i know this is a place whereSharonVIPDined on 3/24/2013i know this is a place where the servers joke around and are sarcastic but our waitress was overly rude and she crossed the line. we walked out after ordering drinks and then the manager chased us to pay for the drinks which we didn't even drink. two other tables in this waitress' section also walked out cause she was so rude. will never go back here. it was supposed to be a fun place and the waitress ruined it
- Wag overpriced and for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Wag overpriced and for what I've heard about Dicks, too mild and the wait staff under performed big time. Really lame. Bill was $77 for terrible steal and ok shrimp. Expected better, I wil not return.
- We had a party of 12 and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013We had a party of 12 and everyone had a great time! Our server was very entertaining and very sarcastic which was greatly appreciated as we are a bit lippy ourselves!! Thanks for the fun!!Special Features:
- Was looking forward to tryingdissapointedVIPDined on 2/27/2013Was looking forward to trying this place after hearing lots of great things. It was fun, but not "all that". Food left little to be desired for price paid. You definately pay for the razzing not the cuisine.Special Features:
- We were hoping for a fun banterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013We were hoping for a fun banter experience. My husband and I brought my grandma(81) and three children (15, 13 and 12). We prepped them in the car for the bantering / playful harassing. Stating that the website encourages to give the joking back to them. Unfortunately, what we experienced was wearing hats with raunchy descriptions. I think they could be more creative. Left for uncomfortable questions during the car ride home. Waitress was okay as a server but was not playful with the bantering. Food was over priced and nothing special (could get it from the grocer frozen section). I really wanted this to be fun experience. I would not recommend this for families but perhaps an adult group gathering - just don't go expecting good food.Special Features:
- Bland and dryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Well the wait to get in was very short, once we were seated it took about 15 min for our waiter to come, He spoke so fast that we couldnt understand what he was saying, it took another 10 min to get our drink orders, once we had our drinks it took another 15 min for him to take our order. Once our order was in it took 25 minutes to get our food, the wife ordered steak and ribs, and i ordered chicken and ribs, her steak was mushy, and her ribs were very dry, my chicken was dry and had zero flavor, and my ribs were also very dry, I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone unless you like slow service and dry bland food, Very dissappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I wasn't all that impressed with the food or the prices. I thought from what I had seen on the internet things would have been different. Our server was very tired and wasn't all that into it. I was surprised that they didn't offer burgers on the menu for that that type of restaurant.
- You should experience Dick'sJenniDined on 12/30/2012You should experience Dick's at least once. The food was over priced and not very good.
- We were ready for the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012We were ready for the staff to be mean and really push us around. We went in with a group of girls from work. We had a new server who was training in so she was extra sweet and nice to us. We are totally understanding of that but just bummed we didnt get the "Dicks" service we were expecting.
- It did not really pay to useOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2012It did not really pay to use OpenTable to make a reservation. When we arrived, they did not have a table reserved for us, we had to take a table right next to the entrance and bar as that was all that had left. No preferred treatment whatsoever by making a reservation.Special Features:
- We had a great time at DicksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012We had a great time at Dicks Last Resort for our department Christmas party. Fun time had by all.Special Features:
- TerrificJoysDined on 12/12/2012Upon our arrival the staff was very helpful and accommodating to our group. They were proactive in offering us wristbands so that we could meet the Minnesota Viking player that was onside.Special Features: