Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America
Mall of America - 4th Floor,402 South Ave
Bloomington, MN 55425Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/domains/minneapolis
- Phone: 6122766995
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your next party. Please call to make arrangements.
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Friday and Saturday Night!
- Special Events: We would love to host your private event. Please call to make arrangements.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America
Let the chaos begin! Dick’s Last Resort is now open on the 4th floor of the Mall of America. We’re redefining ”Minnesota Nice” one sucker at a time. Come on in and let us abuse you, ‘cause that’s what we do best. We’ve got buckets o’ good grub, free live entertainment, and plenty o’ sarcasm server up fresh daily! Now open fer lunch and dinner, you betcha!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Mall of America reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2012When I say the service is "very good" above, you need to know what you're getting yourself into when coming to this restaurant! The draw of the restaurant is that the waiters and servers are intentionally rude, it's what they hang their hat on! But if you're looking for a good time and don't mind a little good-natured ribbing, this is the place to go!! We had a great time!Special Features:
- interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Had a fun time . Hats where a great thing. Great for a group of people.Special Features:
- I was a little worried aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2012I was a little worried about the food, having ready some reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. I have to say the catfish, fries, and even the coleslaw were some of the best I've had. Took me by surprise. Our clever and witty server made for a fun evening. the only negative was that they would not split up the check and even though our party of 15 had an 18% gratuity figured in, I think our server/s would have gotten better tips if they's split the bill up for us.Special Features:
- the food was horrible!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012the food was horrible!!!! i read the reviews but still decided to try it. way over priced and really bad. our waiter was fun and really nice nice but I will never go back.
- We had a party of 15, madeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012We had a party of 15, made reserverations got there and we had to be seperated to 2 tables. We ended up squeezing 4 people on the end of the table so we could sit together, which is why we made reservations. The food and drinks were way to expensive for what you got. Some of the people in my party had never been there and our waitress wasnt the best, would have been more fun with one of the guys. Dont think any of us will go back...
- AMAZING!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012I booked a reservation for a group of 15 ladies for a bachelorette party. We got seated upstairs, kind of in our own little area. Our waiter, TOM, was AWESOME!!!! Most of my party that came had never been to a Dicks anywhere. We really didnt know what to expect, but knew a good time would be had. We had NO IDEA that we would have THAT good of time. We did the Thriller flash mob with the restaurant and then Tom went above and beyond for my bride to be. I have had nothing but great things to say about Dicks when asked about our dinner. We all plan on returning and enjoying the atmosphere!!! Thank you for making the night one we all will NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Interesting people take theirOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2012Interesting people take their children here, because its actually an adult establishment. Servers here make fun of you, they are rude and barely tend to your needs. This is what you pay for! The biggest downfall is the entirely greasy, fried and finger food style menu. The food is awful! I even tried a salad and that was horrible! If I ever go back I will likely not eat!Special Features:
- Will definitely go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012We went about 7:30 on a Monday evening as son wanted to go there for his 16th birthday. The restaurant was fairly empty. We were a bit concerned as we had heard about the intentionally "rude" waitstaff and we were bringing my 70 year-old father in-law. However we were seated in a "funny" waiter's section who put us at ease right away. They put my son in giant height chair for his birthday and had us wear the goofy "hats" which was fun. The waiter was outstanding. Granted the restaurant wasn't very busy but he spent a lot of time talking to both of my sons and made the experience great. The food was also pretty good. Everyone was happy with their selections which included the "Dolly", Fish & Chips, Ribs and Wings and half-Chicken.Special Features:
- I thought the catfish andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012I thought the catfish and fries were excellent. I just wish I would have known that I was buying the glass that my beer came in. It was a bit spendy for me.
- We had a blast. We were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012We had a blast. We were there for my daughters marching band competition. The kids really had a great time! And I top of the entertainment the food was really good. I couldn't believe how big and meaty the ribs were.Special Features:
- Was fun for a group but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2012Was fun for a group but the more sensitive among us could be offended by their sarcastic style. It was fine for my group.Special Features:
- Was very loud, hard to holdOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2012Was very loud, hard to hold down a conversation, is better for a younger crowd.
- Fun, but Last Resort for good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012We had a lot of fun with the staff teasing people in the group; unfortunately, the most of our party's meals were bad. The ribeye steak was tough,the ribs were tough, the fish was just okay. The atmosphere was great and I would definitely say it is a fun place to go for drinks and maybe appetizers. We had frog legs and Gator bites, so it was fun to have some unique appetizers with some of the more traditional apps.Special Features:
- Had a fun golden BD partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012Had a fun golden BD party there spent with lots of family and friends! Staff was great and included the BD shirt, cake (everyone loved!) and BD shot! Thanks for a great time! A little spendy on the food but overall a great time had by all!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012We enjoyed our time there. Thought our waiter could have been more fun like some of the others we had seen there. Then he forgot our appetizer until we were almost done with our lunch.Special Features:
- Decent Food, fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012The food was okay, nothing spectacular. Our waiter was good to our group, able to "read" the customer and act appropriately. Some waiters were over the top and would not have been well received.Special Features:
- It was extremely expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2012It was extremely expensive for what you got. It was slow so we arent sure if that is why it wasnt as funny as we heard. We were expecting rude like Dicks is known for and there was nothing funny or really rude. Disappointed from what you always hear so willing to try again when more dinner time and busier to see if its more of a Dicks you hear about.
- Gotta Try it for Yourselfschwera13Dined on 8/12/2012Unique atmosphere for sure. Be ready to get ridiculed by the staff - that's what they are famous for. Food was very tasty, but seemingly over priced, but then again you are dining in the Mall of America. They let us bring our own cake for the B-Day, which was nice. Two of us had the Beer-Rita and would recommend it to you if you asked.Special Features:
- Our group had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2012Our group had a wonderful time and this type of atmosphere was perfect! Food was okay, but nothing spectacular. We enjoyed very much and our waiter helped to make it a great expereience.Special Features:
- We went for my daughters 9thOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012We went for my daughters 9th birthday... my kids' hats read.. Mommys favorite mistake and the other.. Mommy dances so I can eat... You have to be very open-minded and have a sense of humor.. the lady we had was somewhat obnoxious but over the top .. like she really didnt know what to do...I think we could have had a better server but the experience was ejoyable. Since it was my daughters birthday and my daughter herself made it to announce it, the server came out and said.. well you get dessert first.. she then took a can of whip cream, told my daughter to open her mouth and filled her mouth and the rest of her face with it... My daughter really liked that part.Special Features:
- I have been to Dicks beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012I have been to Dicks before and was excited for a crazy waiter/waitress to entertain as we have had in the past. She was boring! She did not spend much time at our table and yet was not serving many tables as we could see her standing with the other waitstaff talking.
- NOT IMPRESSED!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Was NOT impressed at all!! Reservation was at 6:45pm & didn't get seated until close to 7:15. Waitress was very slow & forgot two orders. Our party had plans after which made this very frusterating!! Never again will we be attending that place nor our friends! Very expensive for very little food also.
- Our waitress was not fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Our waitress was not fun. She was a crab and not having fun like the others.Special Features:
- We definitely were there forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012We definitely were there for the experience, not the food. We were very disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- The waiter was ok - his onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012The waiter was ok - his only jokes or treatment as expected was that he threw our straws on the table and put hats on the girls. He wrote on the hats, rather than funny, one was downright crude and inappropriate.
- This was a fun experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012This was a fun experience. Ribs were good. Fried shrimp was not. Server said all food was made fresh. Please define fresh!?? We went for the experience/entertainment so overall it was fun. I thought it was a bit over priced in comparison to other restaurants w similar menus. I guess it costs more to be insulted. Ha ha. Said live entertainment but there wasnt any. Went on a Thursday night. It was worth going atleast once.Special Features:
- We had a real good time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012We had a real good time. The food was ok, but next time, we will sit in the bar area and just have drinks and appetizers. The sarcasm if a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Our serrver was not the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Our serrver was not the best! We seen other servers getting very into the customers but ours didn't interact with us as much! It seemed like the male servers were more happy to be there and into their job than our female server! The food was WAY too over priced for what we recieved! And the fact that we all did order drinks from the bar but yet she wouldn't bring any of us water too way ridiculous! Definatly will not be dining at your restaurant again!Special Features:
- The staff was rude and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012The staff was rude and the environment was loud and obnoxious. It was great and we loved everything about it!!! Thank you for a great experience! We will definitely be back! Love, The Bachelorette party of the Bachelorette who goes down faster than the Titanic!Special Features:
- Was actually told they hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Was actually told they had no reservation for us listed so was not very happy about that.Special Features:
- I was really looking forwardJillDined on 6/7/2012I was really looking forward to celebrating my daughter's 18th Birthday. I noted it in the reservation, but we still had to tell our server. I think that my server was over loaded. He had to take care of too many tables at one time. It took at least 40 minutes to get our order. I asked for a water twice and never did get one. After reading about their opening in the newspaper I had set my expectations high. It was not what I expected. I was not expecting to be there over an hour and a half. We did have fun, just not as much attention as I would have liked.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012The food was excellent, good portions. The staff, well the staff is the staff you have to experience for yourself. The atmosphere was full of things to look at. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Food was good, but becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Food was good, but because we had a reservation, the hostess did not write our name on the list. We were 20 min early and told her we didn't mind waiting til our time. We waited, much longer than we should have. To top it off, they sent us to sit in the bar, where we had to wait again for a table. Then we were told that if we wanted food, it was a bad place to sit because there was only the bartender to serve the tables there. So after being kicked around, almost an hour after our reservation time, we finally got a table. Our waitress was so busy, she was only able to make a hat for one of the two of us. This was disappointing. It takes away from the experience.
- Fun place, great for partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Fun place, great for parties or group get-togethers! It would be nice to have a menu that explained what each meal was and offered rather than being on the wall and having to ask several questions.Special Features:
- Really fun restaurant. WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2012Really fun restaurant. Wait staff was great. Not for those that are easily offended.Special Features:
- This is a place you go toGeargirlyDined on 5/4/2012This is a place you go to for the experience and not the food! The food is ok but a little over priced for what you get! Also expect to pay a lot for drinks because they are located in the Mall of America and they need to make their rent!Special Features:
- Our large group had reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Our large group had reservations, there was only one server assigned to the group of 25. The food was way to expensive for its quality. No one was pleased with the service, food or ambiance. Let alone the already expensive food and drink prices, there was a gratuity charge tacked onto each bill of 22%. All in All i would not reccommend this venue for a large group or even for 2 people. it was talked up way more than it really is worth going to.
- Food was mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2012Food was mediocre at best but that's not why you go to Dicks. Staff is fun and enjoy when customers are having fun. Unfortunately Sunday nights are slow for them so our server (Chris) had too many tables to take care of. He tried his best to refill water and other needs but couldn't keep up - he needed less tables and more help.Special Features:
- A little rude humor can beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2012A little rude humor can be fun, but this place is so over the top rude, gay, and out of control that I will not go back. Use to go there years ago in Dallas, always enjoyed it, not sure what went wrong in Minn. but this place was bad news.
- ok food- lots of fun for supperOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012We had lunch this time at Dicks, the menu is more reasonably priced but don't expect to have as much fun as you would dining in the evening. The menu itself is nothing special but the food is decent (overpriced for the supper crowd). Of course we don't go to Dicks for the food we go to for the fun. So yes we will definitely be back!Special Features: