Dick's Last Resort - Indy
111 Maryland Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Indy
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dickslastresort.com/
- Phone: 3176082456x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We have a handy dandy event packet with a variety of food and beverage packages as well as the ability to create a custom menu for your group.
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday night. Karaoke on Wednesday's from 7-10! ALL AGES WELCOME!
- Special Events: Birthdays, bachelorettes, retirements, graduations, sports teams, school groups, divorces, funerals, corporate, holiday parties, etc... YOU NAME IT, WE CELEBRATE IT!!
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Indy
The Shame of Indianapolis has finally arrived.Continued
Eat,Drink,and Laugh at Dick"s Last Resort.
Eat,Drink,and Laugh at Dick"s Last Resort.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Indy reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (15)special occasion (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Know What You're Getting Into!MarMarDined on 8/29/2014We knew coming to the restaurant that they were rude and sarcastic on purpose, so we were prepared. However, it was more vulgar than we had expected. It didn't bother us at all, but we noticed that several tables had small or even older children which made us uncomfortable. The restaurant felt like one I would have visited as a middle school/high school student on sprint break - very "touristy" feeling. Overall, we are glad we experienced it. Not sure, though, if we will feel the need to return (maybe to take someone else who has never been).Special Features:
- GGASDined on 8/23/2014We brought our kids here because we thought it would be fun and entertaining prior to a Colts game. It was neither. They warn you to be prepared for an evening of sarcasm. Well this is how the evening went . . order meal, get meal, get lame paper hat with stock insult written on it, get bill. Talk about over promise and underdeliver on all levels. Our waiter said probably 20 words to us all night. Where was the sarcasm? Where was the entertainment? Where was the fun? We certainly didn't go for the food, which was mediocre at best. This restaurant will go down in history with Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Café, and ESPN Zone where entertainment was more important than food/quality, only this place has no entertainment.
- Fun atmosphereFUNADined on 8/21/2014Our server was a lot of fun--full of insults! The food was good, but not great. We loved the atmosphere. The food, for the quality, was a bit pricey. The portions were average also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress rude loved the foodeatinoutinIndyDined on 8/9/2014The atmosphere was amazing. We went on a whim for some fun on our vacation. We had heard that a good times was guaranteed as long as we took it in stride. Not knowing what to expect we were all in for a good time. We were not disappointed, from the waitress who was funny while taking a no holds bar attack on our sensitivities to the beer margaritas we enjoyed every second. Personally, I thought the jalapeno gravy was out of this world. Definitely not a place that I would recommend taking the little ones to but overall a lot of good fun, good humor and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for allGrillingDined on 8/9/2014This was our first venture out to Dick's Last Resort and I'm sure one of many more to come. The food was great and the service was a blast. I definitely had a much better time here where the staff was able to have fun and be themselves. Just come with an open mind and a sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely hot and loud.BlatantlyDined on 7/12/2014We had reservations but were offered the chance to go straight to the bar. The entire restaurant was very hot and loud. The bartender was more concerned about a bachelorette party nearby than my husband and I. We had no one to ask questions about menu items, so we left.
- LoswallDined on 7/5/2014If you have a sense of humor, this is a must. Snow crab was delicious. Staff, hilarious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondeful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We came to Dicks Last Resort for our Anniversary. I chose it because I knew it would be a great surprise for my husband! Its just the right atmosphere for him. Our waitress was very funny and was great at her job. She told us in detail about all the specials and made sure we had a great experience. We dined outdoors and loved it! The food was outstanding and the drinks were spot on! We loved the funny hats and even took them home as keepsakes. We will be returning to Dick's on a regular basis :)Special Features:
- Fun!mjblair6192Dined on 6/14/2014The restaurant was fun and a great experience! Servers danced on the tables and joked with you, but not in a rude way, but a jeering, comical way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't bother.figglywigDined on 6/13/2014Crab cakes include shells (crunch, crunch), steak is fatty and mediocre, mashed potatoes appear to be instant, corn was canned, rice was from a mix. The crab/lobster sauce was overpriced and too spicy to eat. The cheese sticks appetizer was OK.
- very disappointedbopeepDined on 5/24/2014Crowded, could barely pull my chair out to sit down. Live band son loud could not hear the wait staff much less anyone in my party. Food was just terrible. Went for my daughter's 12th birthday, no burgers and no chicken fingers... no kid friendly food. The wait staff was good, tried hard to make the experience good but there was just too many negatives. Do not recommend to anyone that wants decent food or to be able to talk with the people they are with.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - Indy reviews archive.
- Super Fun ExperienceFunFoodDined on 5/9/2014We had a great time! The atmosphere was just what we were looking for. They had live music and everyone was singing along. Many times when a place has a great atmosphere, the food is just mediocre. Not at Dick's. The food was awesome. I recommend the alligator bites and the fish and chips. Both were excellent. If you are looking for a great time, Dick's is the place to go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014The purpose is to provide a funny experience with rude service. I took 10 high school students and laughed my head off as the waiter was ruder to them than they are to each other. They all thought it was very funny. I would not take my parents here but it was great for young people.Special Features:
- gf enjoyed it so worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014paid 60 dollar for 2 of us for food .. Gf was happy so all worth it but $60 for food that bw3 or enven tgi friday would have been bad good for a group the wait staff went right to the edge of being naughty
- HilariousRhyno1Dined on 4/12/2014It was great. The place was packed. Good live music. We were right in front of the band so it was kinda loud. We were there for part of our bachelor party and there were around 3 or 4 bachelorette parties there. So it was destined to be a great time. They involved different groups with others in the fun. It's really a pretty neat experience if you have a good sense of humor and looking for something like no other experience you've had in a restraunt. Our food was great too and it really wasn't as expensive as I had originally figured it would be. No more than going to chilis or Applebee's. But it was the employees that made the experience more than worth the time and money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- harassment at its finest!cactusDined on 4/10/2014Service with an edge to say the least! Food was OK except one of our members said his crab legs were cold. Atmosphere was fun and upbeat but music was just too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun But DissapointingIndyfanDined on 4/4/2014Fun place and server was great but food was very dissapointing and overpriced!
- Won't go againMichaelDined on 4/2/2014Food was average at best. Overpriced, I had 1/4 of slab of ribs and 5 or 6 wings that I could've made myself lot better and cheaper tthan $18. They were out of two menu items on a Wed night. Friend ordered fish and chips could've got better fish at long john silvers. Server tried to up sale at every opportunity, including serving your drinks in souvenir glasses that I didn't want.
- funOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/1/2014First time and we had a great server who wad hilarious . We were there for my daughters bday and she had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablestillmeDined on 3/13/2014You will have a great time whether you are going for lunch, dinner, date or family night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun. But food. Pricey for portionsGigirocksDined on 2/16/2014Super fun place for evening with friends. Drinks good and most you can keep glass which is fun... Ordered steak n shrimp. Was 20 steak was 5 ounce tiny. But cooked perfectly. Waitress was funny and asked before she messed with me which was nice. All in all wish they had more dinner options even like a burger. But it was so fun who cares. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOodbcrideonDined on 1/26/2014I would not recommend this restaurant for the price of the food and also the quality of the food.....If we wouldnt have ordered on the Devour list and received 3 things for the price of one entree I would have been VERY upset....out service was good and our waiter was great.......Special Features:
- ladies night onlyfunbutpunDined on 1/23/2014Food was excellent, service was great fun, but the decor and theme is distasteful. Not for families with children especially if they can read.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere was fun butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014The atmosphere was fun but the food was over priced and not very good.Special Features:
- Bring a sense of humorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Great time to be had if you bring an open mind and a sense of humor. The Servers definitely enjoy their job and bring the fun and sarcasm. The food is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE WITHOUT DETAILsbauchDined on 12/30/2013OUR WAITRESS WAS NOT ATTENTIVE TO ALL OF OUR NEEDS. SOMEONE CAME & THREW OUT THE REMAINDER OF OUR APPETIZER & I WAS PLANNING ON TAKING BALANCE HOME. I TOLD THE WAITRESS & SHE SAID SHE WOULD BRING MORE & THEN NEVER DID. THE ATOMOSPHERE WAS FUNNY BUT THE FOOD SERVICE NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experiencerockfordDined on 12/29/2013I didn't enjoy getting smashed into a table I had to share with 8 people I did not know. They have a very confusing menu. You can't order a beer without paying for a glass that you can take home. The food off the lunch menu was not a very good sized portion. I won't be going back.
- overallbetterinsultsDined on 11/16/2013The food was good and my waiter and waitress were great. I think the insults need to be better. My waiter said he had to watch what he wrote because there were kids at the table next to me and my wife. If you are going to be known for the rude service then the insults need to be better and if you are worried bout the kids reading the hats then some people won't come back to often because people go there for the food and rude comments they don't go there for elementary insults. Besides that,me and my wife loved your restrauntSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for kids!firsttimedinerVIPDined on 10/14/2013If you need a loud place to take kids, this is a great one! Our server was very nice ( not rude like I think they are suppose to be here) since we had a 1 and 4 yo with us. I was not a fan of being sat with strangers ( and I'm sure the 4 business men weren't looking forward to dining with kids!) but unless you go with a big group you will be sat with others. I had the ribs and they were really good. They have Kraft Mac and cheese for the picky children like mine. :) the drinks are fabulous, and the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food fun serviceTRorkDined on 10/7/2013It was a fun experience however way too expensive. The food wasn't that great. Definitely not worth the price. We brought our 11 Yr old he had fun but some of the things that are said from the waitress & put on the paper hats were not for the conservative type. The idea & atmosphere was fun however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good timeFiestajackVIPDined on 10/6/2013If this restaurant wants to use gimmicks like rude servers and crude jokes on hats, it first needs to make sure that the food is stellar. Unfortunately, our food was poor, making all the gimmicks uncomfortable and annoying. I ordered the caesar salad and a glass of white wine which was recommended by our server. The chicken was obviously processed and thawed. The wine was undrinkable. I returned both and asked to have them removed from my bill. My husband order the catfish and a beer. He received two pieces Of fish and a handful of fries. Along with his beer, we paid $26--far too much for what he received. The hostess didn't even check us in and reported us to Open Table as a no-show.
- ExperiencestillmeDined on 9/29/2013My family and I really had a great time. It was a different but very enjoyable experience. It's was a girls night out to be remembered. My eleven year old daughter even enjoyed herself. We totally enjoyed the hats, they were hilarious. We will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was funMikeDined on 9/22/2013I enjoyed my food. It was a bit loud but a home football game was going on. The service was excellent and I enjoyed the food. For a non-seafood restaurant they had pretty good crab-legs. Loved the Cajun spiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loud too earlyyomamaDined on 9/13/2013We arrived right as the band was setting up. We were crowded at our table with other people. Server was not overly attentive. Other tables were getting lots of bang for their buck while we were all but ignored. Probably will not be back.Special Features:
- Extremely MediocrecarmiDined on 9/8/2013Food was bland. I know the idea of the 'servers with smart aleck attitudes" is the idea, however, the service should still be on time and good. Our server seemed like he really WAS angry with the world (therefore us.) The food was bland and we did not receive it all correctly. The french fries came out at the end of the meal argh! The drinks were incredibly slow getting to us. Now, the other servers seemed much friendlier, funnier, and came to visit our table. THAT was fun! However, overall I was not at all impressed. The sayings on our hats were vulgar and raunchy... and missed the "funny" mark. Overall a C- for an Indianapolis downtown experience.
- AverageIndyguyVIPDined on 8/13/2013Ribeye I had was great. They served INSTANT mashed potatoes though...Service was good.Special Features:
- Appropriately NamedBigHongryDined on 8/4/2013I was prepared for our server to be rude, because that's the point... but the hostess was also very rude and not helpful at all. I "reserved" a table for 20, and although our table was ready at the expected time, the hostess would not take us to our seats until half of our party arrived. The entry is very small, and to make 8 people stand around (in everyone's way) for no reason was ridiculous. The food isn't good. It's actually BAD, and overpriced. I would not recommend going to this restaurant. The service (although, funny at times) is terrible, the food is not good and the "reservation" process is a joke. As soon as you walk in the door, you will feel unwelcome.
- funjuliaDined on 8/3/2013Fun evening but do not know how to handle a reservation. Do not know how to seat people skipping people that have been there foe awhile. Need to use the resturant beepers. Otherwise pretty fun. Good bandSpecial Features:
- Fun spot/great foodDiningdivaDined on 7/27/2013When first arrived I said I had a reservation was told by one person that they don't do reservations and that I needed to put my name in then wait an hour for a seat, so I spoke to someone else and was able to get a bar table immediately .. Our server Andrea was the best very funny and the food was great, steaks were very tender needed no steak sauce!! The atmosphere was a hoot best place to go to get a lot a sarcasm from the staff it was a lot of fun.. Will be returning with a group of people !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Joe, the server! HeNYEdinerDined on 7/24/2013Ask for Joe, the server! He is awesome! He made my daughter's 20th birthday very enjoyable. The food, was mediocre. This themed restaurant has the same menu as all the others across the US. You're not paying for the food. It is overpriced but if you go during their "happy Hour" you can get an appetizer for about 7.00 and a draft beer for 2.00 so that isn't to bad.Special Features: