Dick's Last Resort - Cincinnati
One Levee Way
Newport, KY 41071Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Dick's Last Resort - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/
- Phone: 8595812500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: starting 11:00am
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Cincinnati
Come see us at our newest location on the Levee in beautiful Newport, Kentucky. We are service with sarcasm: you joke with us, we joke with you! Both our food and bar beverages are made from scratch in-house daily. We have a wide variety of "buckets o' grub" that include: fish and chips, fried shrimp, catfish, and feature unique dishes like firecracker salmon, chicky fryd chicky and shrimp a' palooza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (46)special occasion (28)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Great Girls Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We had a group of 7 and went to Dicks Last Resort for a girls night/birthday. Our server was Nichole. She was HILARIOUS!They all played the part they are supposed to play but did not over do it.Food was great. I don't think they are terribly overpriced. Typical prices for that type of place on the levee. Lunch prices are much lower with most items being under $10 so if your looking for something a little lighter and lower that would be the time to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be WarnedSammichmanDined on 9/6/2014Not for the sensitive person. Would not recommend for groups smaller than 4, and really it would be better for 8 to 12. It may help to be a little drunk. it also depends on your server, It is loud in there and most server talk so fast you can not here them. So you find yourself asking "what was that?" a lot. Really it is a place where a server can pay little to no attention to you and call it entertainment.Special Features:
- VerydisappointedDined on 9/5/2014We were in a party of 6 and all 6 were very disappointed in their food. Received no small plates for appetizers to share just had to keep passing the baskets. Salmon (smelly)/fries and fish/chips served in buckets with no additional plate. Was told the jalapeno chicken would only be hot if you ate the jalapeno, was too spicy. Rib eye steak dinner was warm at best and could hardly cut the meat. $3.99 side salad was very small. $93.00 for 2 people and the bloody mary and apple pie being the highlight on the receipt will not prompt me to return to Dick's Last Resort in Newport KY.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My daughter went with her friends for her birthday. They are 14 year olds. They said the food was good but the waiter made them get their own drinks. Being that this was Dick's Last Resort that wasn't too surprising and they thought it was funny. They had nachos and the chicken bites and said they were good. They had a great time and liked their waiter.Special Features:
- What about us?Momif4girlsDined on 8/24/2014Our food was extremely late. People that arrived after us had ate in left already. At first, I thought maybe this was "Dick's" thing to do. My steak arrived completely over done, a knife couldn't even cut it!! The waitress said the manager was going to come over and speak with us. He never did no apologize but we did get 25% off. The kids really did enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our kids loved it! We celebrated our daughters 15th bday. Good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricesJDandKDDined on 8/22/2014we went to celebrate a birthday and the service was everything we expected and we had fun however the prices were outrageous. I could have gone to any other bar and had the same amount of drinks and an appetizer and spend half the price.Special Features:
- Could have been worserestauRANTDined on 8/22/2014I enjoyed the difference in atmospheres compared to a normal restaurant, subsequently I was disappointed in the way they attempt to be dicks. The servers, specifically the bartenders, more so give off a vibe that says "we don't actually want you here- how rude can I be before you decide to leave?" Which makes it hard to have fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food prices were reasonable but drink prices are way too high! Fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service no foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went near the end of the night and we had to send food back twice. Servers were ok but not great for what your expecting. Better in groups but not nearly as great as what's advertizedSpecial Features:
- food OK service horriblesavagechianneDined on 8/14/2014Food was OK thought it came out way too fast to be prepared in any kind of fresh fashion wait staff was horrible didn't even realize we were there for a long time. Then hardly ever came to check on us.. for an 80 some dollar bill at the end I certainly would have expected moreSpecial Features:
- Too loud, too $$$, too badHomeCookedDined on 8/2/2014Yes, there's a concept here, and the waitstaff enthusiastically works that angle. It makes for entertainment, and that's great. My group shared many laughs. However, it was so incredibly loud we were literally shouting. Food was simply not good. Canned corn, instant potatoes, cold/tough/reheated fried food, bland/cold rice, chewy, overdone steak, and prices you'd expect at a decent semi-upscale restaurant. It was almost $30 for a shrimp platter and a hard cider. The one edible thing on my plate was the shrimp cocktail. The fried pieces had clearly been reheated, and grilled pieces were cold hockey pucks. I'm almost proud that we can now support a true tourist trap in our fair city, but I won't be bringing out of towners here anytime soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Atmosphere fun! Food-over priced. Very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimLDined on 7/31/2014While the "service with sarcasm" is a fun idea... People still are coming in for a good meal. Been there twice and food was "Less than Desirable" both times. Tried Lunch and Dinner = Over $100+ for party of four (2 Adults 2 Kids) each time = Not a good value.
- Kenny's b dayzchayse1Dined on 7/29/2014The place was great atmosphere was just what we wanted open and airy. We had a small group but thus place let's u enter act with other openly and makes u r small group feel big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014It is a great place for adults. The content of language not for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and Last!disappointedDined on 7/25/2014We were excited to try DLR, Drinks were good, Service was ok but took repeated requests for drink refills, Food... left a lot to be desired. Maybe for drinks or watching a game on tv, but never for dinner.
- Fun for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Totally entertaining for a group. Just be willing to laugh, have fun, and go along with the rude/crude gags! Food was fine...typical bar food!Special Features:
- Fan Freakin TasticjkellyDined on 7/21/2014Dick's was awesome! By far the best restaurant I've ever been to, very unique and the entire experience from walking in the door to walking out was entertaining. Fantastic place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was horribletammyDined on 7/19/2014We had the dolly and ribs n wings, it was horrible and that's sad that I can't find anything good to say about it, the service was great kinda, but when I told the waitress it was side were cold and the wings were greasy I was told so what, eat it. It wasn't a joke. We spent 138.00 and that was no drinks for 3 adults and a teen. So not worth it
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was terrible. I purchased a drink and didn't realize it was an 18.00 drink until the bill came. It is a fun atmosphere but not the place to go if you want to have a decent meal and be able to talk to the people you are there with.Special Features:
- Worst dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Server put" I've swallowed more seaman than moby dick on my wifes hat. We came there for my 11 yr olds bday. He was very embarrassed. Music so loud we couldn't hear anything else. Food and beer extremely overpriced. Will never be back.
- okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great atmosphere but the food wasn't very good. 7 of us went and only 2 enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Food was better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We went for a birthday party and had heard that it would be a great time but that the food wasn't worth the price. We couldn't have disagreed more. The food was pricey, but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place!taschweitzerDined on 7/11/2014Dined here for the first time for a Bachelorette Party. It was a fun dining experience. Our server, Epic, was hilarious and fun. We went fairly early for dinner which allowed our table a lot of attention which I liked for the fun aspect of it. The one complaint I did have was that we had to use paper, literal paper, as plates for our appetizers. But that's a complaint from a sanitary standpoint for myself. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Food ehhLuvgdst8kDined on 7/10/2014The service was great very entertaining, but the food was only so so. We ordered a couple of southwestern chicken salads and they were awful. He said nobody cares. Funny yes butttt should have done something to make it right. The rest of the food was ok not fabulous but we definitely went for the fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeCannon22Dined on 7/9/2014My wife and I were so pleased with the experience we had at dicks last resort. The staff was outstanding and made our dinner a fun event. We laughed the entire time we were there. Since then, we have told all of our friends and family about the great time we had. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014Made reservation on open table. Upon arrival to restaurant for seating time, was informed by hostess that they do not honor open table and I could add name to list for approximate 45 minute wait for table. Dined elsewhere.
- way over pricedJeff321Dined on 7/3/2014$ 250 not including tip for 3 people dinner and drinks $ 9 shot of jack $25 margaritas with no alcohol but can add a shot for $9Special Features:
- Arrogant and ImpertinentMarkVIPDined on 6/25/2014The arrogant schtick doesn't add o the experience. It's annoying and the cost is not in line with the experience. May be good for tourists that don't know better but there are many quality places to choose from on both sides of the river. It is certainly different...but is different always better? Sarcasm and arrogance is not a point of difference for a medium to high priced restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Fun atmosphere with great service, however the food was disappointing in quality for the priceSpecial Features:
- Wonderfuldano259Dined on 6/19/2014Absolutely Terrific Service. Nikki was hilarious and very fun to dine with.Special Features:
- save your moneyLindalooDined on 6/16/2014Went to the Dicks in Chicago 20 years ago...Once should have been enough but went to the one in Newport Ky at the suggestion of my daughter who had not been. Food mediocre at best. Guess it is meant for more of a rowdy drinking crowd. Waitress K-10 was best part of the evening. I would have chalked up the dinner experience as to my being too old for such a place but to be honest my 30 something kids said they would not go back either.Special Features:
- Why pay to get bad service?warrenisaceDined on 6/15/2014If you like over priced sports bar food, bad service and people yelling accross the room at you then this is the place for you. Unfortunately it's not the place I would choose to dine. After being seated the waiter makes his way over and proceeds with his shtick. Which apparently is being as rude as possible...strike one. The menu is nothing but over priced bar food...strike two. The waiter comes back throws the place mats in front of us and actually hits my daughter (not a child) in the face with it. Then cracks a joke about getting a paper cut. Strike three...we walk.
- So much funFunPlace2EatDined on 6/15/2014The service with attitude was so much fun! The food was great too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NilsDined on 6/6/2014Drinks are way too expensive. Its fun but the pricetag for a meal is somewhat offputting in general.
- AwfulhaterDined on 6/5/2014Dick's Last Resort is probably the worst restaurant I've ever dined in. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Great fun!RGCincyDined on 6/2/2014We went here for my daughter's high school graduation and wife's birthday. Given that we dine out a fair amount, my daughter wanted a "fun" atmosphere for her high school graduation dinner. Additionally, my wife like's a good time and Dick's lived up to its reputation! We had wonderful service by K-10 and other assistant servers. Everyone was very attentive with that attitude that you should expect when you go to Dick's. I had my in-laws with us and they also had a fun time. Food was very good for the type of place that this is. This is a fun atmosphere with a casual American menu. As long as you don't expect fine dining and are open to having a fun time, this is a great place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere....butKMG8Dined on 6/2/2014We went here for my birthday and the waitress was a good time, making us laugh. They did fun things to celebrate for the occasion. However, the food is not good and extremely overpriced. There's no prices on the drink menu, and those were way overpriced. My whole party was not pleased with their checks at the end. It was for sure a fun atmosphere, but I wouldn't brag about the food at all!Special Features:
- Fun but Inexplicably EXPENSIVE!KSATDined on 5/25/2014It is what it is... it's a great place to enjoy a fun time with friends. But, you better bring your wallet and make sure it is full! This trip will COST you some big $$$!! Menu is not all that expansive, but, it is good and VERY EXPENSIVE for what you get. Even the simplest of meals is pushing $20. Kids meals are available and decently priced. But, this is not really a kid-type of place.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - Cincinnati reviews archive.