Dick's Last Resort - Boston
Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/
- Phone: (617) 267-8080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live entertainment nightly!! Call for times and details.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Boston
This is the joint your mamma warned you about!! Dishing out more than great grub. Buckets full of Ribs chicken and fish. Beware of the servers its all in fun!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (12)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Fun!DVillanuevaDined on 10/25/2014This place was so much fun, you have to be a good sport if you plan to attend. As soon as you walk in the door the wait staff is sarcastic & rude, they welcome it back. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terribleHowardDined on 10/12/2014Really bad pub food, loud and messy atmosphere. Rude and obnoxious servers. I get that their schtick is rudeness and really poor service, but if that's your gimmick, you'd better have good food. This food was terrible. Do not waste your money here. You will be disappointed.
- Funny WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014The reason you go to this restaurant is for the experience not the food. Our waiter was great and very funny. If you are a sensitive soul I would not go here, but it was a great, fun place. The food was awful though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought they'd be more rude!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014This was my daughters choice for her 14th birthday. She loved her ribs! But was hoping to getting more ribbing from the staff. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Boston. Awesome to be sitting in a hopping spot in Quincy Market. Her friends had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Bachelorette Parties!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Dick's Last Resort is great for groups celebrating a birthday or bachelorette party, etc. I wouldn't recommend it for foodies or anyone looking for a quiet, pleasant atmosphere. The entire place is loud, the service is good but you better be expecting the jokes and such! If getting made fun of at a restaurant isn't your thing, this isn't the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Hot SpotLoveBostonDined on 9/13/2014We visited Dick's Last Resort on Saturday, September 13, 2014 for my daughter's 20th birthday. There was a group of 9 of us, including 2 children under 12! Some of the language used by the wait staff was inappropriate for the kids but overall, we all had an absolute blast!! I would definitely recommend Dick's to my friends!Special Features:
- Dick's Last Resortfondue44Dined on 9/6/2014I came here with some friends and we had a blast. The "hats" the waiters/waitresses give out are hilarious. I love the captions they chose to put on the hats.Special Features:
- Make a point to get yourself here!RockinPartyDined on 8/23/2014An open air party theme restaurant with am outside seating patio! Here the beautiful and entertaining staff strives to serve you with their, let say, less than ordinary style!! All of the food and drinks are absolutely delicious! I will definitely be back and highly recommend anyone else visiting the Faniuel Hall area make this a must stop!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAMILY FUN!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Great fun for the family, loud, rude & fun staff. they make dining a different experience. They keep you on your toes & even have your kids serve you to get in on the action.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch with daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014No special hat for birthday girl. When mentioned, waiter said don't care and never mentioned again. Food not so good either.Special Features:
- Fun but food grossPerkyDined on 8/15/2014Fun place but feel you think because you are popular and fun your food can be awful and no one will notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome TimeKaseyNightinagleDined on 8/10/2014We ate all over Boston. Dicks was the best. The food was great the prices were great the atmosphere was great. We look forward to our next visit so we can bring more family there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Experience!VTTravelerDined on 8/8/2014We took our teenagers there at their request for lunch; the food was good and very reasonably priced. Our waiter was very funny and we all had a great time. We would definitely take them back. We've been before without kids and they definitely tone down their level of being offensive with underage guests; however, they were still very funny yet appropriate-ish :).Special Features:
- Gross!nevergoingbackDined on 8/7/2014Although their theme is to be rude to customers, there is no reason to have a filthy restaurant! Trash everywhere in big garbage bags! Tables sticky! Would not eat food from here! Got up and left! Gross!!
- They're good at being bad!Madmae16Dined on 8/1/2014Dicks is so much fun! All the antics of the staff will leave you in stitches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreeDined on 7/30/2014Dick's Last Resort was a fun end to a day at Fanueil Hall. Going with a group and a good sense of humor is a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4UPSTATENYDined on 7/27/2014It was our first visit and my family had a really fun night! My seven year old was a little timid at first with all the sarcasm, but caught on quickly! She even wants to come back for her birthday, which would be a 6 hour drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - Boston reviews archive.
- a misguided serciveabcreviewDined on 7/20/2014I recently dined in dicks last resort with a group of friends. I had heard food things about it and thought the restaurant experience very novel. Obviously the idea is that the waiter/waitress be deliberately unfriendly and mocking towards guests in a humourous manner to complete the experience. However, we did not recieve this service at all. Yes, the server was unfriendly, but it wasn't an act, it was genuine disinterest of our experience. Our servers approach to being a 'dick' was to ignore our group, but he did so to such an extremity that we had barely any interaction with the server all night. Lucky the night was salvaged somewhat by better servers that we were able to strike conversation with to overlook this. All in all,Special Features:
- Incredible experienceBlindDined on 7/18/2014This is an amazing experience. Totally different than what we use to experiment in a restaurant. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Everybody should go there at least once.Special Features:
- JonADined on 7/14/2014This restaurant is not for everyone as not everyone will enjoy the service. However, I found the service hilarious and loved their jokes. The food was rather good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Booking through this website didn't work. They had no record of our reservations. Luckily there was a table available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedcmd54Dined on 7/9/2014We went to Dick's for the experience and were the only table not offered paper hats. Our waiter was busy with other tables and ignored us for the most part. We were in no hurry so we weren't upset about that, but we were disappointed we didn't get the whole experience because that is what you pay for, certainly not the food-- way over priced.Special Features:
- Never, ever againNicciDined on 7/2/2014Went with party of 10 for birthday celebration. Waitress was great. Expected to be abused and made fun of. This part from the waitress was great. We expected the atmosphere we got NOT the aweful food. Food was the worst I have ever had. Not one person finished their food. Fried scallops over fried and overly salty, French fries so salty they were not edible, steak overly fatty, pickle chips over salted, no ice in iced tea etc., etc., we did not expect to spend $400 for crappy, inedible food that you didn't dare complain about. Never, ever again will I step foot in there. Anywhere other than tourist Boston, they would be out of business. No one expected fine dining, but at least a decent meal.Special Features:
- Totally Terrific!CapeCodGurlDined on 6/30/2014This was my families first visit. We have to say everything was wonderful. I recommend the chicken bites, they are so yummy and with buffalo sauce the bites had a nice spicy kick! My daughter had the fish and chips, and loved them. My son had the salmon, and loved it too. The beverages glasses were big, so you don't run out of drink. Overall we will be back again! Had a Great time, lots of laughs and fun!! ;)Special Features:
- Waiters were so funny.Dianne8Dined on 6/16/2014The food at Dick's Last Resort was hugely lacking in quality and quantity. We had so much fun it really wasn't a huge issue. Next time we will go there for drinks and "starters" only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dicks Last Resortcitygrl0874Dined on 6/10/2014Deff had a great time. Not for those who cannot take a joke.Special Features:
- Great!!foodieanddrinks554Dined on 6/7/2014We went for my sisters 21st birthday for food and drinks and we all had a great time the wait staff was hilarious. Would go again was fun start to our night.Special Features:
- Teen's Birthday RequestLuv2dineoutDined on 6/7/2014Brought my teenage daughter and a few of her friends here for her BDay. Food wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and the girls all had fun. I probably wouldn't choose it but for the occasion it was exactly what she wanted. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontrealerMontrealerDined on 5/17/2014Went to have a funny sarcastic time with family but didn't get that much. Waiters were just going through the motion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the maragrita's were awfulcadylaurenDined on 1/26/2014the maragrita's were awful and when we complained he told us to go someplace else. i know they are supposed to be funny but really the drinks were awful and he did NOTHING about it.
- Service good, food not so greatHottotrotDined on 1/11/2014We had reservations for our party of nine and were seated right away. The waitress was funny and the service was surprisingly fast. The meal, however, was not that great. We chose from the luncheon menu. The fish and chips looked like frozen fish sticks and the wasabi salmon was slightly over cooked and served with rice and very overdone (nowhere close to al dente) green beans (with bacon?). The flavors did not jive and overall it was just a strange dish. On a positive note, the French fries were very good. Unfortunately for us, the hats with the funny descriptions were the best part of the meal. Perhaps the dinner menu would be better? Recommending this place only because of the laughs we had with the hats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating my sons 16thSweet16Dined on 1/4/2014My son and 6 of his friends had a fantastic time being humiliated at Dicks in Boston. His mother and I were not allowed near them and were relegated to the bar, Susie was his server and she was perfect. Good time was had by all!
- It was awesome, lots of fun!IlovefoodxoxDined on 12/30/2013It was awesome, lots of fun! Waiters and waitresses played their part just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday party for rowdy crowdsCasualcritic1972Dined on 10/11/2013Only come to this place if you have a sense of humor . You will be insulted, made to feel a little bit uncomfortable, and wonder if you should ask for anything and it's all part of the shtick! I came for a teen birthday party and we all thought the experience was pretty funny. We got the hat treatment ( you wear an embarrassing hat that says something funny on it written by staff) the grandmother's said "free lap dances"! We wore them around the city after and got a lot of laughs. Food was good, but not spectacular.i would recommend for a special birthday, or even bachelorette party with a fun crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere/ok foodAndreaVIPDined on 6/24/2013We took friends visiting Boston with kids under the age of 12. The atmosphere is fun; the food is not the reason to come! Although the ribs were delicious!Special Features:
- Good place to unwind2guysdineVIPDined on 5/6/2013The food was good and came out quick, its a theme restaurant so you get what you want out of it, neat discovery on a day trip to BostonSpecial Features:
- Touristy- once in a lifetime visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012A once in a lifetime, touristy fun time. Waiters are admittedly rude... that it the 'gimick' this place sells. Waiters make diners funny hats out of paper and write comments on them.Food is okay at best. Portions were generous, but the food was low on the taste scale. Crab cakes were mostly filler with shredded crab and were over-browned. Ribs were not tender at all. Fried scallops seemed to be a good choice. As the waiter said, "You're wearing paper hats, sitting at tables with paper tablecloths served by rude waiters at a place called "Dicks" We're not known for the quality of our food."Special Features:
- Dont try using your OpenTable checkOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/5/2012They are apparently new to Open Table, and they had no idea how to handle my $50 OpenTable check. They would not accept it, which was a first for me... and was also a bit embarrassing in the very crowded place. :(Special Features: