Dick's Last Resort - Chicago
315 N Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dick's Last Resort - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dickslastresort.com/domains/chicago/
- Phone: 3128367870x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Bar: Open until 1 am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Bar: Open until 2 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Just walking through the doors of Dick's Last Resort Chicago guarantees a raucous good time! With an interactive staff that is entertaining, Dick's guests can't get enough of the shenanigans; they keep coming back for more of the wild hats and jaw-dropping antics. Dick's has live bands without a cover charge! We're great for families; kids dig the paper napkin wars! For the especially unruly kids, our staff might even tie them to a chair! Join Dick's for the unique experience you'll always remember.
- Special Events: Dick's holiday parties are legendary! No Room Fee and Live Music! All menus (food and alcohol) can be customized. Parties include a gift for the booking host. Looking to add a little spice to the party? Make it a theme party! Free entertainment for evening parties … book your party anytime after 8pm on Thursday through Saturday and get the live music free! Have presents you need delivered during your party? Dick's has Santa on speed dial to do just that! Dick's dresses in its best for the holidays! The space is all decked out in a winter wonderland that's perfect for photos. Dick's does custom parties to suit your needs. Servers can be sassy or straight, but always speedy. You will have a privately designated space. For a less expensive or more casual event, choose a lunch holiday party at Dick's. Looking for a party in your office? Let Dick's deliver your brown bagged lunches to you!
- Cross Street: Dearborn between Kinzie and the Chicago River
- Public Transit: The closest "L" stop is at Clark and Lake. The stop services the Brown Line, Blue Line, Pink Line, Green Line, Orange Line and the Purple Line. Dick's is also accessible from the Red Line at the State and Lake Street stop. The closest Metra Station is Ogilvie. The closest bus lines are 22, 36, 62 and 29 .
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Dick's Last Resort Chicago is located in the downtown River North community and is surrounded by reasonable parking. Dick's validates for the lot on the corner of State and Kinzie and it will cost $10. The lot on Kinzie, between Clark and LaSalle, is only $8 after 3 pm everyday! Dick's is on Dearborn and the Chicago River, one block east of Clark and one block west of State. Dick's is one block north of Kinzie.
A word from Dick's Last Resort - Chicago
Dick’s Last Resort Chicago is located in the Marina City Towers, overlooking the Chicago River. We’re the perfect place to let your hair down, throw back some cold ones and grab the best grub in town. Join Dick and the gang for live bands and all sorts of crazy entertainment! We are the perfect place for large groups and can accommodate groups of 20 or more in our giant dining room! We enthusiastically celebrate Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween and any other excuse to throw a party. Next time you are booking a party check us out and let us show you a good time with attitude! Come see why Dick's has been a legend in Chicago since the madness began 20 years ago. This is the joint your mama warned you about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dick's Last Resort - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (38)scenic view (22)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (13)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (3)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Out of Town GuestscitygirlDined on 10/4/2014Had a few family member fly in from CA. Brought to celebrate their engagement. Waitress was terrific and sassy. Even kept things appropriate since we had a 12 year old in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time!ColleenDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed the sampla platter and had a fun time celebrating my son's birthday. The waitress provided us with some good laughs.Special Features:
- Class of '72!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed our time at Dick's! 7 high school friends getting together to celebrate turning 60 - most had not seen each other for over 40 years. You can only imagine the fun - especially when one of the gals took over the drummer's spot in the band for a song! Very fun place. Only had appetizers & drinks - - both very good.Special Features:
- Stick to being a barBxWd13Dined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely terrible & they don't give you much for being so expensive. Don't come here if you're hungry. This place is only good for drinks and a good laugh (usually).Special Features:
- GreatBrooklynnDined on 8/28/2014Came for my daughters 16th Birthday. It's exactly what she wanted.Special Features:
- The Big Five OOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014After attending a Cubs game (go Cubbies!), celebrating my husband's 50th birthday with our closest friends, Dick's Last Resort was the most appropriate place for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The hats and service were hilarious! People paid to be dicks? That's funny. However the portions were small, and the food wasn't too great. Extremely overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times at bachelorette partyMmmaDined on 8/16/2014Fun for the group at bachelorette party! Waiter was hilarious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff could b betterCheeseheadDined on 8/13/2014We did not have a great experience. Took our four kids there and waiter was "boring" compared to others there. Large bachelorette party came in and was seated one table away-there were plenty of tables further away and some of the words and gestures were not appropriate for our kids. The funny hats do not fit young kids.
- something differentChicago5Dined on 8/12/2014It was fun, something different. Kids had a good time.Special Features:
- Not a "Last Resort" but fun!MrsChillDined on 8/9/2014Dick's is a little tricky to get to for out of towners. Luckily, my son (who lives in Chicago) guided us there by phone. It had been a long day and we drove through the famous Chicago horrible traffic for longer than we would have liked. By the time we got to Dick's (again it is tricky to get there) I thought my husband was going to blow a gasket. Our server (I forget his name but he was great) actually made my husband smile and calm down. He brought drinks right away, got us waters, was knowledgeable about the menu, and was funny with his snappy replies. The food was better than I expected. I got the ribs and wings and they were tender and delicious. The hats were fun and funny and everyone (my husband included) had a great time.Special Features:
- Great place!Velezm21Dined on 8/3/2014Great service and it's a fun place! It's very loud and energetic in there. Also, there is live music. Getting the paper hats are the best part! They write pretty much rude and inappropriate things in them and they are hilarious! So if that's not your thing, then might not be the best place for you.. But overall, it's very very fun there!Special Features:
- Terrible service and overpricedWeedoDined on 7/29/2014Got up sold on a $24 margarita... Ok I can deal with being dooped but it was awful and took 20 minutes to arrive and the place was empty. Second drink took so long we didn't bother ordering food. The place was dirty and we had no illusion the food would be good
- Lots of fun!Tripwithabinder36Dined on 7/26/2014Well entertained the entire meal. Waiter was hilarious and band was fantastic. Had a great night. Having a reservation really helped with the large line up.Special Features:
- Mehbluesrule9Dined on 7/26/2014I don't frequently make trips to Chicago. We visited Dicks for one reason....to be insulted. I expected to get a ribbing from our server as is the custom. It's why you go to Dicks. Our server was loud but not insulting. We didn't get a hat or any other "special" treatment you would expect from Dicks. We did see another server really giving it to his table, so we know they still dish it there. Food was adequate. Had this been my first visit, I would not have returned. As it is, I might not return due to the disappointment.
- Very Memorable for a # of ReasonsFoodieNChiDined on 7/24/2014My classmates and I went to Dick's Last Resort for 2 reasons: 1) as a bachelorette party dinner & 2) to celebrate the end of the finals & our summer semester as dental hygiene students. Overall, we had a great time! I do have 2 complaints though. 1) The waiter did not tell us how much the drinks were. I get that they are supposed to be rude, but not telling us the price was uncalled for. Even though it was a drink for two and you get to take it home, I would have liked to know that I was about to spend $23 on 1 drink. 2) I gave him $25 & my debit card & he swiped it for the entire purchase. Common sense tells you that if someone gives you that much cash, you either ask or apply the cash first, then run the card (which was my situation).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsalwayssmilingDined on 7/23/2014Although I would recommend Dicks Last Resort, I have to say it really wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. My husband and I brought with us our 10 year old son and although maybe that was the difference I was watching the wait staff interact with others as well and I did not think that the restaurant lived up to its reputation. That is only my opinion. Although funny at times, I do not think we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for young groups of friendsLiz1Dined on 7/20/2014Dick's Last Resort is a lively restaurant. The joking around between patrons and servers is entertaining. The energy level of the servers is very high- not so easy with the numbers that come through the door! The environment is "rustic," so be advised. The food is of average quality, but the live music makes up for it.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Service was the best Chicago people do it better! Can't wait to get back experience was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dick's Last ResortallgoodinKzooDined on 7/13/2014Overall the visit to Dick's on a Monday evening was pretty low-key as it was a quiet night in the restaurant. The music being played by the two guys was really good; however, we came around 8:20 and apparently caught the last set. It would have been nice to hear them play longer. I had the chicken and ribs. The ribs were great. I thought the chicken was a bit dry. My wife enjoyed the shrimp medley. Watching the boats go by, provided wonderful scenery. Overall, the servers and hosts did a nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time guarenteed.SpartyOnDined on 7/12/2014I went to Dick's to catch up with my college roommates. It was the perfect place to have a beer, enjoy some good wings, and have an overall good time. The atmosphere is great from the loud waiters to some awesome music in the background. You're gonna have a good time and some great laughs. It's even better for first timers (my roommates) who don't realize that the waiters are.. Well dicks. And the view isn't too bad either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot!DeeLoisDined on 7/12/2014This was my first time at Dick's Last Resort and I must say that I laughed the entire time we were there celebrating my brother's birthday! The digs and signifying was too much fun; our waiter was a gem! They allowed us to bring in a birthday cake and kept it while we went bowling before our reservation! Great customer service! The only drawback was that Open Table notes that Dick's validates parking at two parking locations nearby - they do not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timersal10Dined on 7/4/2014it's a cool experience but was a little too loud with a live band being there. Overall had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDIgItDined on 6/29/2014Restaurant was fun, service was good, food not so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBestPlaceEverDined on 6/28/2014That was my second time going and I absolutely love the food and the service keeps me laughing! Awesome!!! Great live band they were great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 297 reviews are from the Dick's Last Resort - Chicago reviews archive.
- Been There..Done That!!KurlyDined on 6/22/20141st time here. It was OK. Can say we did it. Thats about it.Wouldn't go out of our way to go back!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Visit to Dick's Last ResortJoAnnVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our extended family was in town for a funeral. During our weekend in the city we commandeered a tour from a concierge recommendation of the city. After a few hours of seeing the sites, we landed at Dick's for dinner. We were a mix of ages from 13 to 58. A fun time was had by ALL. Be in the right frame of mind for fun with a service staff that is there to entertain you. Great atmosphere, good food and drinks and lots of laughs. Fun time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Great experience. Food was very good, service was great and atmosphere was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my styleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/11/2014The food is terrible, the drinks (cocktails) are average at best and then you have to deal with the intentionally rude servers. If that wasn't enough, they then make goofy hats out of paper table cloths for you to wear on your head with ridiculous sayings, like "i've had more rides than a chicago taxi". One of our servers was actually pretty good, but the other not so much. When a supposedly medium rare steak came back well done, my friend asked if they could fix the issue, the one server said, "we've never had that request. do you REALLY want to ask that?" at which point, my friend wisely said she'd just eat the over done steak, fearing the worst from the kitchen staff... I would not recommend. Not sure who keeps this place in business.
- Fun for Teen Party!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014We took our 15 yr old twins and 12 close friends (ha!) to celebrate their birthday. Our server was hilarious and it was a perfect party. The kids loved the ribbing that they got from our server and everyone loved their hats. It was noisy mainly from us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kept Me Smiling!ShontayeDined on 5/10/2014I went here for my Birth Date, 5/10/79 and it was 5 of us.................oh did we have a ball! The waiter's kept us laughing and I love how they write crazy stuff on a hat for u! Mines was I Failed my IQ exam, lol! If u wanna have good food and a lot of laughs with a group of people, this is for u?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTiffyDined on 5/3/2014I went for my birthday and had a great time. I would definitely recommend this place. The atmosphere is great being right along the Chicago River and there's a live band!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was awesome :)bugsDined on 4/26/2014I took my brother here for his bachelor party dinner and we all had a blast. It didn't hurt one bit that the food was ace and the waitstaff was unforgettable! Not for the easily offended, you have to be ready to banter back with them if you want to have the most fun, otherwise they WILL walk all over you. Definitely not for the unwitty.Special Features:
- Great staff, not great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Food was sub par at best. Staff were great, all the way down to the band. No plans to return.Special Features:
- SuckedHateDicks2014Dined on 4/19/2014Went long time ago at other location, it was better and more fun back then, would never go there again, over priced food and drinks!!!!
- Fun & EntertainingFun4AllDined on 4/12/2014Food was mediocre & overpriced, drinks were wonderful but very expensive, atmosphere was outstanding! Service was a little slow, possibly understaffed or our waitress was overseated w larger parties. She handled it well. Overall fun experience! I would recommend this restaurant and I definitely would go again if given the opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathykDined on 4/12/2014We made a reservation for 5:30. We were stuck in traffic and called and said we would be late. The man who answered the phone said "no problem." When we arrived they did not hold our table. There were empty tables and they kept taking other guests. We were told that our table was being "bussed". Ten minutes later we still did not have a table and the Host and hostess were rude. The food is not that good. My granddaughter ordered rib eye rare. It was well done. My chicken was ok. My husband ordered ribs and chicken. No potatoes..no sides. Our waitress was ok. Although it 10 minutes for my husband's beer to arrive. Maybe they should consider offering the burgers during dinner, always a safe choice. We will not returnSpecial Features:
- Great service and food againMichiganMomDined on 4/10/2014Our family...boys ages 11 and 16...loves it here. We go early on weekdays because it's pretty tame then. Expect fun times and rude service. Insulting hats are their specialty - along with the wings! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down a PegMommaMitchDined on 4/5/2014We came w/ 2 teenagers 17,& 18 yr.old boys. Boys w/ a cocky comedic spirit. It was our last night in Chicago And Dicks was out pick for them, our waitress had their number from the get go. It was great !!! They loved her harassment. And the hats she made them, omg , spit on for 2 teenagers in this day & age of video games. They took their beat down w/ humor....I Loved it. The Loved that she topped me off with a hat saying"this is what happens to retired strippers " Lol , fun fun. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good, staff wasn't greatYummyDined on 3/23/2014Being known for treating your customers poorly, dishing out insults, and making your experience "fun", I had high hopes. Unfortunately they were not met. Other tables were getting "the treatment", but our server must have been new. Food was o.k. at best, a bit on the skimpy side quantitywise, and a bit pricey. Hopefully the next time will be better. I've heard so much about this place.Special Features: