Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
716 Iberville Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dickiebrennanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5045222467x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Creole
- Executive Chef: Alfred Singleton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: All Private Dining Reservations must be made through our Group Sales Department. Please contact Sales at 504-521-8310 for information.
A word from Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
“Top Steakhouses in America” Maxim Magazine and Playboy, and featured in the Wall Street Journal, Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse serves straightforward prime steaks with a New Orleans touch. Signature dishes and sides include: The House Filet (served with masa flash-fried Louisiana oysters), Tomato Bleu Cheese Napoleon, Pontalba Potatoes, and a Roasted Sweet Potato with Creole Pecan Butter. The house favorite dessert is a toss up between the Coconut Cake with a chiffon buttercream and the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding—so go ahead and order both.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)romantic (92)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (52)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Just good steaksTaylorDined on 9/13/2014I've always enjoyed the atmosphere here, but the quality of beef is still a bit lacking. Still a very nice overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LargoDined on 9/13/2014Phenomenal service. Excellent food. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic Streak HouseJohnDined on 9/13/2014I say historic meaning, these guys know how to setup and service someone at a classy steak house! They really do it well. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was so delicious...it was my first time and it won't be my lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat you like you are special.PhouseDined on 9/12/2014We loved our dining experience! The food was great, the service exceptional. We brought friends that had not been here before and they were really impressed by the overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Prime ribDissatisfiedDined on 9/11/2014The prime rib was cold and very tough. The au jus was like a gravy, not very good. We have eaten here several times before but thinking we won't go back.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed the dinner, food was excellent, service was timely. Overall a great experience, would highly recommend for a night out in New Orleans.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Our faviorte restaurant in N.O. services was outstanding and each food coarse was delicious...pure southern hospitality at its best...best turtle soup we have ever had....Special Features:
- special anniversary1stTimeDinersDined on 9/6/2014my wife and I went to Dickie Brennan's steakhouse for the first time. what a treat. the food was excellent and the wait staff were attentive, cheerful and charming. Dickie's put us in a romantic spot and three gentleman walked around and sang tunes at different tables.Special Features:
- Great food and geat stafffranksDined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was great. The food was really delicious. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the staff was super. If you are in need of a little red meat on your trip to New Orleans, you will not be disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFleurTDined on 9/6/2014One of the best steaks we've had in New Orleans - and we are from here. The crab cake was delectable. We had dined at this restaurant several years ago and enjoyed it. We regret not coming back sooner! So many great restaurants in New Orleans, it's difficult to decide where to go. Put on your dressy casual clothes and enjoy this fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Love, love, loveDmartinVIPDined on 9/5/2014Found this place by accident but now when I have a need for beef.....this is my #1 go to place. Filet is amazing; Baked potato (all the way) is amazing; Bread pudding is amazing.....what more can I say...it's just all around amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Bust!!doxiemommaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Soup of the day was a tomato soup with parmesan twill (cracker) and it was excellent. Had the gumbo which had a good portion of chicken and andouille sausage in it, but the roux was too dark for my taste. A bit too salty as well. Prime rib and petit filet were very disappointing. Both cuts were not up to par as they were tough and had way too much gristle in them. Sautéed spinach and au gratin potatoes were very good. Dessert of black forest ice cream and coconut cake with 5 layers of chiffon cake and Italian buttercream frosting and soaked in creme anglaise were excellent. Service was very good!! I would recommend this restaurant, but a new beef purveyor is needed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!corycollierDined on 8/30/2014Some of the best steak I've ever had! If you can try this place out, I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday/Anniversary Celebrationjuzus2Dined on 8/30/2014My experience was great. We were celebrating our 4 year anniversary and his 39th birthday. Our wait staff, Patrick, Chris and Ashley took good care of us. The food was delicious and I finally found a red wine that I loved. I would eat here again for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Attention to DetailPrincipalDinerDined on 8/30/2014I mentioned that my wife and I were celebrating our "re-engagement" when I made the reservation. The staff made a point to make this night a special dining experience with well wishes, complementary appetizer and dessert, and a very nice table. The food and service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak/great serviceGigijrzcapeDined on 8/29/2014We were seated right away on a busy Friday evening when we arrived fit our 8 pm reservation. Our table service was very attentive without being over-bearing. Steaks were on level with Ruths Cris, and cooked just as we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The steak was cooked perfectly, but the cut of meat was tough and almost un-eatable. The glasses had a very funky smell when it was raised to drink. I will never go back to this restaurant.
- 34 year Anniversarylift221Dined on 8/23/2014All was great except we sat by a group of guys that night who were crude and rude with there language as my wife and I tried to enjoy our 34th year anniversary. We stayed the weekenfd at the Ritz Carlton (1st class) dined at Brennan's which we thought would be 1st class only to have the table of about 10 - 12 guys ruin the evening. Although I was willing to move or asked to be moved my wife not wanting to cause a scene just grinned and bared thru the crudeness. I, we understand that all are entitled to there thoughts but when you are going to conduct yourself in that manner you should ask for a proivate room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & service!ConnieDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant equalled the excellent food and service. Strongly recommend and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAlgirlDined on 8/23/2014We went to Dickie Brennens for a good steak. The prime rib was the best we've had. The wait staff were attentive and friendly. I would definitely go back. It was totally worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!!yen70072Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Dickie Brennan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placeluv2eatDined on 8/21/2014We made two phone calls to confirm the dress attire. First told business. I called right back to get their definition. I was then to business casual. No problem. We dress to fit both attire. After being seated we observed over 50% less than casual. Most wore jeans. One table went as far as to have two young women in shorter than short shorts and tank tops. I have no problem either way. Just say, come as you are if you will except any dress. We totally felt over dressed. We would have loved to have worn jeans and a nice shirt. This will not stop us from going back. We just feel this needs to be address. The dress code should either be lifted or one put in place. I think the restaurant well deserves to be business casual at least.Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse with a NOLA flairSammyD7VIPDined on 8/19/2014I was truly impressed by Dickie Brennan's. To start the fresh bread at the table was exellent, My escargot I'm puff pastry was truly amazing. Our steaks were prepared perfectly. My filet mignon was super tender with just touch of melted butter on top. My wife's NY Strip was amazing as well. We culminated the meal with a great version of Bananas Foster Bread pudding. Overall a perfect meal,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrissypDined on 8/16/2014Service was excellent as always! Food was divine.Special Features:
- Excellent SteaksMrThomasDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have dined at Dickie's every few months for the last couple of years and the service and quality are always superb. Our recent experience was the same with one minor change, there was a four person singing group roaming the restaurant and singing for tips. Now, some people may enjoy this type of entertainment, but we did not. When the group sings to the tables directly around yours, it makes conversation next to impossible. My wife and I were there to enjoy each other's company and not to be made uncomfortable by four unwanted table guests. I hope this isn't a feature the restaurant plans to continue. Other than that, everything was excellent. Alex, our server, was very attentive and kept our drinks flowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime Rib!RecovergirlDined on 8/13/2014We were looking for a steak place as a specialty restaurant in the French Quarter and the concierge recommended Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse. We had a great experience! The restaurant offered a fantastic food (and great selection), very generous portions at a reasonable price, and great staff. The prime rib and bananas foster bread pudding were wonderful! The only downside was that it was a little noisy, particularly with a trio of singers who went around the tables singing motown tunes. They did a great job, but it overpowered the opportunity for conversation.
- Amazing eveninglikeminerareDined on 8/12/2014The food was incredible. My husband said the best prime rib he had ever had. All the steaks were cooked to perfection. Everything from the appetizers to deserts could not have been better. The wait staff was attentive but never overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical SteakhouseKarKarB24VIPDined on 8/10/2014Fine food and service, but this steakhouse could have been in any metropolitan city anywhere in the country. If you're looking for something specifically Southern, go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulStacelDined on 8/10/2014The atmosphere is beautiful. The steak spectacular. The very best part is the Coconut cake. We never had any dessert as wonderful as this. I wish we could have taken it home to have every night.Special Features:
- Great food, great service--sflpjl4everDined on 8/9/2014This was our 1st experience @ Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse and it was excellent. We were seated promptly upon arrival. The food was outstanding and the service superb. Staff was very attentive and worked very well together. My husband's prime rib was cooked just as he ordered--medium well--tender and juicy. My grilled redfish was great--nice size piece of fish w/ great taste. Portabella Mushrooms are a nice appetizer--not your typical fried mushrooms. You have to have the Banana Foster's Bread Pudding---divine---great twist on a New Orleans classic as was the Steakhouse Pecan Pie. The table side quartet was a wonderful addition to the night. You will not be disappointed. Sorry we haven't dined there sooner. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - room noisyScratchofftheBucketListDined on 8/9/2014Allow me to state that the wait staff was excellent! Rebekah and Alfredo were wonderful hosts. Food was good, nothing special considering the reputation and pricing. The lettuce in the Iberville salad was soggy, very tasty, but a lettuce should retain some "crunch". Shrimp and Grits appetizer was the star of the meal, while the crab cake "special" was okay. Steaks were cooked close to ordered, I believe the chef reversed the temps on our steaks, but nothing to send them back for. Crème Brule' was okay. It appears that the Bourbon Street crowd marches in to dine thinking they're at a Lucky Dog stand. Loud, drunk and obnoxious are not the adjectives I prefer for table guests. Should have been a romantic evening, it left much for improvement.
- Special Occasion DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Love the location in the quarter. Food and service terrific, but with it comes the price. We will be going back to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, or other milestones.Special Features:
- Perfect Business dinnerPurplelilyDined on 8/5/2014Wait staff fully respected our leisurely dinner conversation. They didn't hover and we never felt pressed to give up our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tyler remembered usWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/4/2014It is remarkable to dine at Dickie Brennan's, because of the tasty food and beverages. But when you walk in and are treated as family, now that is special! Tyler (one of the waiters last time we were there) remembered us! Jerry was delightful and we enjoyed Luke as well. What an incredible experience every single time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.SteakDinnerDined on 8/3/2014We arrived an hour before our resv to try and avoid the rain. Sat at the bar, Drinks were very good, bartender lacked personality. Once it got to 730 we returned to the hostess stand where the 0wner had arrived & was greeted by everyone. There were approx 30 people waiting in the lobby area....now 10min past our reserv time & one of the hostesses said they were seating their last 7pm. So I asked her how behind they were..she seemed very offended I asked such a question. The Owner walked outside & came in with a group of 5 & told the girls to seat these people. You could tell they were scrambling to accommodate his request. It really upset others waiting. Food was great but the 30min past our reserv time was unacceptable for a $200 bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent Choice! The quality of the food and service was fantastic. We plan to dine again the next time we are in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - very good, service - fairusuallyabettertipperDined on 8/3/2014This was my second visit to Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse. The room has an understated elegance and the food is very good. It took way too long to serve us all through dinner, especially when the room is not even half full! It was twenty minutes before we got our drinks, even though they were only tea and sodas. Then there were long intervals between courses. after we waited thirty minutes for our dessert to be brought, we just asked for the check. They brought our dessert in a bag. We usually tip twenty percent in restaurants, but for the first time we only tipped fifteen percent.Special Features:
- Great Experience After Being SeatedMagnoliaCoupleDined on 8/2/2014Everything was wonderful. A tad pricey, but expected that going in to the meal. Our only complaint was we made a reservation for 7:30 and didn't get seated till 8. Otherwise, very enjoyable experience. Our waiters were fantastic. Presentation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantbogfoodiesDined on 8/2/2014it was our first time there and the first thing we noticed was how beautiful the restaurant was. we had reservations but had to wait for 30 minutes because they were so busy. our servers were great as was the food, and the singing group that came to our table was a great touch. we will definitely be back againSpecial Features: