Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
716 Iberville Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dickiebrennanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (504) 522-2467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Creole
- Executive Chef: Alfred Singleton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: All Private Dining Reservations must be made through our Group Sales Department. Please contact Sales at 504-521-8310 for information.
A word from Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
“Top Steakhouses in America” Maxim Magazine and Playboy, and featured in the Wall Street Journal, Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse serves straightforward prime steaks with a New Orleans touch. Signature dishes and sides include: The House Filet (served with masa flash-fried Louisiana oysters), Tomato Bleu Cheese Napoleon, Pontalba Potatoes, and a Roasted Sweet Potato with Creole Pecan Butter. The house favorite dessert is a toss up between the Coconut Cake with a chiffon buttercream and the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding—so go ahead and order both.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)romantic (89)good for groups (78)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (62)hot spot (37)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service. We will ALWAYS dine here every time we come to New Orleans. Love to try new places but Dickies is always a sure thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineDined on 11/16/2014This was a firstr-time experience to the restaurant! The service and food were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!JayJay85Dined on 11/14/2014An absolutely must if you are in the area! We make reservations every time we are in town. Absolutely delicious food, great service and we love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers were nice but unprofessional........FQGirlVIPDined on 11/14/2014What happened here? Food was fine, but we didn't understand the point of the "tag-team" service with three different servers who came around at different times. When we asked for the wine steward, the 20 something year old waitress said that she could answer our questions. We asked about a particular wine and her reply was, "Well, some people like it." What??? This is what they consider a "Sommelier?" We ordered something else and then she couldn't get the cork out and had to call for back up. Ho hum........we had out-of-town company.........embarrassing after our build up of "great classic steak house"...........
- Continued excellencegaranchDined on 11/14/2014In a town overflowing with great food, Dickie Brennan's continues to raise the bar for fantastic food and outstanding service. As difficult as it is to save room for dessert, make sure you do. Both the pecan pie and chocolate cake were unbelievably great. Other great restaurants rotate in and out of my schedule when I visit New Orleans, but this place is always my first must go to place and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak in NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014We love this place and try to eat here every time we make the short drive to NOLA. steaks are flavorful, tender and always cooked to perfection. I'd recommend the McIlhenny Oysters to start. Service is impeccable. A must eat when in the French Quarter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TabbDined on 11/14/2014I ordered the surf and turf which included a 6oz filet, sautéed shrimp, and asparagus. It was the best filet I have ever had and it was cooked perfect to my request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LailaVIPDined on 11/14/2014Service was very slow and impersonal, not what you usually expect at a Brennan's restaurant. THe turtle soup was great. My steak was well-prepared but the accompanying lobster mac and cheese smelled like the cheese had gone bad and didn't taste very good either.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, OK food, nice change of pace.tttttttVIPDined on 11/11/2014My wife and I dined here on a beautiful fall Tuesday night in New Orleans. First of all the service was outstanding and we do not have any complaints. Being from the Midwest we are used to top notch steakhouses. Dickie's would not make it into our top 40 steakhouses, primarily because the steaks and prime rib were just OK. Dickie's was a good change of pace in New Orleans from the myriad of seafood, French and Cajun restaurants that are everywhere to be found. The place was full until about 9 pm on a Tuesday and the 60's something couple next to us said they "skipped a free big fancy dinner for Wells Fargo investment representatives" to instead come to their favorite restaurant so it is surely popular.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing experiencenolaDined on 11/10/2014Our waiter knew nothing about wine nor could he explain any of the steak sauces. In addition I ordered the Rib Eye typically a heavily marbled tender cut what I received was closer to a Strip. Very disappointed in the entire experience.
- As usual great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014I probably eat here a dozen times of year and always feel like I get treated special. Turtle soup and gumbo make for a tough starter decision. Steaks are always fantastic and the coconut cake is unmatched! Can't go wrong as a special occasion place to eat coupled with outstanding wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedrobynDined on 11/9/2014Couldn't even eat some of the food. Onion rings were gross asparagus undercooked and steak ordinary.
- Dang!lostsocietyDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I found the food to be very good. My meat was perfect and my wife's fish was just right. We had three people waiting on us, so any wait time was short. It was Saints game day so everybody had their jerseys except us of course. Due to game day, I think, it was a little loud. Also, we were glad they had validated parking. It would have been impossible to park on the street. Overall, very pleasant. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and atmosphereRugoateeDined on 11/8/2014The food and atmosphere at the restaurant was outstanding. Highly recommend the crab fingers. Steaks are phenomenal. Service was good but a little slow. Otherwise a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointmentdissapointedDined on 11/8/2014It was such a disappointment. The service was bad, just bad. Food was so so. This use to be my favorite place to eat in N.O. I will not go back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We were seated close to 30 minutes after our reservation, which I understand is not always the restaurant's fault. However what I found inexcusable is that one member of the wait staff was condescending (when my wife asked for details regarding a dish, the response was "it's prepared the way the menu says." Admittedly, the staff tired to recover, but appeared frustrated that my wife didn't quickly grasp the hasty explanation. The food was "ok" but the restaurant was overcrowded and very loud. I was looking forward to this meal as I had had several positive experiences there in the past. This was not my typical Brennan's experience and I don't believe up to Brennan's standards. Sadly, I will be hesitant to go back anytime soon.
- top notch steakserisalawyerDined on 11/7/2014Get the bone in ribeye....fantastic! Great cocktail list as well...Special Features:
- Very DisappointedluvNOLADined on 11/7/2014We were in NOLA attending a convention---and I must say Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse was a huge disappointment from the moment we walked in. We could not be seated (policy)--2 of 7 were stuck in traffic; the bar was crowded--so rather than being seated and ordering a round of drinks and appetizers, we had to stand in crowded entry to wait for entire party! The service was terrible from start to finish---drink orders forgotten/wrong, main course was cool to slightly warm when it finally arrived--LONG WAIT! Many waiters/help standing around--at some point our waiter totally disappeared never to be seen again. He was arrogant and inattentive--service and meals totally unacceptable! We won't be back....too many great restaurants in NOLA!!!
- Great FoodRGandHGDined on 11/7/2014Make a reservation even during the week. It is a very busy place. The food was spectacular. The service was good too. The staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJMarksDined on 11/5/2014Louisiana good! Excellent prime rob and unique onion rings!Special Features:
- Review of Dickie brennanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Food was very good. Waiter was very very i tentative. He waited while we tested temperature of our steaks. I got 24 oz. Cowboy ribeye . Flavored just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a tourist destination!HDOFFICEDined on 11/5/2014This was a great experience as always! We had last minute plans and this was our top choice. The staff was great allowing us to book on short notice and the food was awesome!Special Features:
- The Best Steak I have ever had!CathyLDined on 11/3/2014I took two co-workers to Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse for dinner based on a wonderful experience I had their in the past. Let me just say, everything was just as great as the last time I visited! They have superior steaks, wonderful salads, soups and sides. I can't say enough. On this trip, my group ordered filets, soft shell crab, turtle soup, the napoleon salad and three sides - mushrooms, creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. Everyone was impressed and thanked me for such a good recommendation in a city with many award wining restaurants to experience.Special Features:
- Great Steak HouseGeoffsterDined on 11/3/2014The food and service are excellent, but the drink pours leave something to be desired, especially for New Orleans.Special Features:
- basiccollieVIPDined on 11/2/2014Very slow to no service, explained nothing to or bout their strange serving process Are main waiter or just the order taker was rude and none existence when we needed things or to check on us Food was basic..little on the Luke warm side ... Then when asking our order taker where's he's been Instead of stepping it up he went to hostess stand where the manager was and complained in front of other quest ..As my daughter walked by and over heard And the manager never even cane over to see if there was a problem or how anything was . horrible service and customer relations to many amazing steak houses. Skip this one
- French Quarter ClassicthibNODined on 11/1/2014Outstanding service!! Menu is simplistic yet very refined. An outstanding location to relax, have a drink, and dine on fine foods!Special Features:
- Terrible!!!SteakhousetruthDined on 11/1/2014The service was terrible for a upscale steakhouse. Had two servers that seemed like they were on another planet. Forgot to bring drinks, wrong salads were served, wrong steaks came to the table, every steak was cooked wrongly and then brought back to the table at different times (10-15 minutes different times), and finally over charged the group for drinks that were never brought to the table. Worse dinner I've ever had which was a huge disappointment since a group of four of us were celebrating the Marine Corps birthday. Oh, I can't forget the 4 guys that walked around clapping their hands and trying to sing which made it very difficult to hear and actually have a nice conversation. Worse place ever.Special Features:
- Simply amazingItaliangemVIPDined on 10/30/2014I'm from Chicago and we have some pretty notable steakhouses there but I can honestly say Dickie Brennan's is probably one of the best steak houses I have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit!skinnethDined on 10/29/2014my wife and I had an unbelievable time here. The service was incredible, as was the food. This is a must visit when in NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend this restaurantroadhog21Dined on 10/29/2014The service at Dickie Brennen's Steakhouse was impeccable but the steaks we had were not very tasty. My wife and I were very disappointed in the quality of our food. We both had a prime filet that was tough and stringy with little or no taste.
- Great Restaurant!ajmnhmDined on 10/28/2014We had a wonderful dinner from beginning to end. The hostesses greeted us enthusiastically and we were seated promptly even though we were a few minutes early. Our servers Roy and Darren made our visit most enjoyable. Our food was timed perfectly and we were not rushed even though the restaurant was quite crowded. We definitely recommend Dickie Brennan's to anyone visiting New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this restaurant!glenconnieDined on 10/28/2014Don't bother. While the steak was ok, the lobster was undercooked. It was sent back so I had to eat or let my steak get cold while my wife just sat. By the time the second lobster was brought out, I was finished, the side dishes were cold and the second lobster was only marginally better than the first. Not even an I'm sorry from management. At their prices, it is way over rated.Special Features:
- BuddyDined on 10/25/2014I've eaten here before several years ago, and the steaks were fantastic. However, on this visit the steaks were not up to par for a restaurant of this caliber. The steaks were barely warm and had little flavor, and that includes three different styles - filet, porterhouse, and ribeye. The other items ordered were very good, including the turtle soup, shrimp cocktail, and the desserts. The service was acceptable - nothing special.
- AbbeyDined on 10/24/2014Very good food service and ambiance. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were top notch.Special Features:
- ExcellenttodieforVIPDined on 10/23/2014The service was impeccable. The food was excellent. The entire staff was extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten Years LaterDKDELIVERSDined on 10/22/2014Ten years since our last visit and DB was still a perfect 10!! Top 3 best steak on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal - Excellent Service!jonnoDined on 10/22/2014Of all the meals we had during our week in NO, the meal at Dickie Brennan's is the one about which we talk the most.Special Features:
- ExperienceBridgesDined on 10/19/2014My anniversary celebration at Dickie Brennan's was totally worth it. Ross out waiter was AWESOME. Every employee we encountered was wonderful, kind, and extremely pleasant. Thanks again guys for helping us celebrate our anniversary with style and class and the guys singing to us was a nice touch. You really know how to put the icing on the cake ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at moderate priceCourty82Dined on 10/19/2014Food was good, prices were low to Average for a steakhouse, service started out very strong but as the place became busier dwindled a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality food/horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/18/2014Medium rare steak came medium well. We sent it back. Manager said it was cooked fine but blamed us for cutting our meat incorrectly. Wine didn't come until after the second steak arrived. Espresso was just a huge cup of strong coffee. Waiter called us snobs. This place has gone downhill. With so many other quality institutions in NOLA why waste your time here.Special Features: