Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
716 Iberville Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dickiebrennanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5045222467x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Creole
- Executive Chef: Alfred Singleton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: All Private Dining Reservations must be made through our Group Sales Department. Please contact Sales at 504-521-8310 for information.
A word from Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
“Top Steakhouses in America” Maxim Magazine and Playboy, and featured in the Wall Street Journal, Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse serves straightforward prime steaks with a New Orleans touch. Signature dishes and sides include: The House Filet (served with masa flash-fried Louisiana oysters), Tomato Bleu Cheese Napoleon, Pontalba Potatoes, and a Roasted Sweet Potato with Creole Pecan Butter. The house favorite dessert is a toss up between the Coconut Cake with a chiffon buttercream and the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding—so go ahead and order both.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)romantic (89)good for groups (66)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (57)hot spot (31)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014Amazing meal! Service was prompt, attentive and very informative. We asked for recommendations from our server and he provided excellent advice as to which steak to choose based on our requests. The salads were wonderful, bread was hot and soft, steaks were cooked to perfection. We had au gratin potatoes and the grilled asparagus as sides and were pleased with them as well. Would have loved to have tried the desserts but did not have room - next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Our first visit to Dickie Brennan's will not be our last. From the first minute you walk into the restaurant the customer service is outstanding. There are three servers assigned to each table. The wine list is extensive. We started with the Iberville salad and then had filet and a porterhouse steak along with au gratin potatoes. The steaks were the best we have ever had and we've been to some good restaurants. We ended our meal by splitting a piece of the triple chocolate cake which was excellent. Overall the best dining experience we have had to date. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Nive PlaceDatingexperiencesDined on 10/17/2014Not as elegant as Morton's but a great place to have a date,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeB59Dined on 10/14/2014Everything was excellent. 24 oz cowboy cut ribeye was perfectly cooked and tender. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality All AroundBilliam882Dined on 10/12/2014My experiences with Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse have been wonderful. Their attention to service and quality are very good. The food is outstanding. The ambiance is fantastic. Brennan's make their customers feel like royalty in every way. The table to table acapella group makes the entire experience a treat. The steaks are the best we have ever had. The cocktails are always surprisingly creative and delicious. There is a level of attention and quality hard to find at other establishments in this arena. In every visit, the staff at Brennan's sought to make our dining experience a wonderful memory and they succeeded on all fronts.Special Features:
- Mixed feelings.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014We went to DB Steakhouse twice while in NO. The first time we sat at a table. My husband had the large filet and I had the rib eye. They were both PERFECT! Our service was fabulous and we had a wonderful evening. The next visit we sat at the bar and if I would have done this first, I never would have returned. the service was fine except at our corner of hte bar was where every employee came to complain about everything. The f-bombs flew (I did not care, other than it was very unprofessional) from the staff and bartenders. My husband and I shared the wedge salad (extremely disappointing considering how good the one at the Bourbon House was) and we shared the large filet that my husband had enjoyed so much the fisrt visit. They sliced the filet in half prior to cooking it so it was not at all the same. It was a thin piece of meat and disappointing. Especially considering we never asked them to cut anything. The only plus to the "bar" visit was that this time they were not out of their signature coconut cake and we got to try it. I would never typically order coconut cake and only did because of previous reviews. It is amazing! Honestly, just perfect! consdiering we went twice and had 2 completely different experiences, I combined these reviews for somewhere in the middle.Special Features:
- First TimerBreezynoDined on 10/11/2014Was in the mood for a good steak house and chose to try this restaurant. Wasn't expecting the noise level or the frenetic energy of the place. Appetizers were just ok for the price. Iberville Salad was good. Steaks were great as was the creamed spinach. Coconut cake was amazing. Nice lsit of wines by the glass. Service was great largely do to Captain Otis, who has been a Brennan's employee over 20 years, I think. The busser, Terry, who is new was also very personable and took great care of our table. The other member of the wait team was at our table maybe 3 times for just a few seconds each time so I don't even remember his name. He didn't contribute anything to our experience. I'd return for a steak dinner and dessert only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and atmosphere were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere and service at Dickie Brennens was great. The food was not very good. The crab cake appetizer was bland and fishy tasting. My steak was burned on top leaving an acrid taste in my mouth. We are in New Orleans about twice a year, but we are not planning on ever eating at your restaurant again.Special Features:
- My Favorite Steak House in NOLAjgardner04Dined on 10/11/2014This is my favorite Steak House in NOLA without question. I always love coming here.Special Features:
- The best steak EVER!RittenDined on 10/11/2014There is nothing on the menu that we've found that leaves you wanting. The steaks are the best I've ever found including Texas restaurants. The service is impeccable and every meal we've had there has been memorable. It has been my wife and I's anniversary restaurant for 5-6 years now.Special Features:
- OhsuzanneOhsuzanneDined on 10/10/2014I was hesitant to eat at a steakhouse because I don't eat steak, all my friends do and LOVED it. I am a fish eater and am leary to order fish at a steakhouse. But I must say the garlic crusted fish, it happened to redfish that night, was excellent. Some of the best I ever had. The spinich and potato's were excellent also. We ordered the crab cake, its not on the menu, you have to ask for it because it's seasonal, was ALL crabmeat, no fillers, it was to die for! I will return!Special Features:
- Excellent across the boardAdswaveDined on 10/10/2014Dickie Brennan's delivered a great dining experience across the board. From the Escargot appetizer, tomato blue salad, a melt in your mouth filet and the incredible coconut cake for dessert. Great service and a good wine list. Excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OfkhouryVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great and attentive service. Food was great and wine selection is impressive.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Dickie Brennan's was delicious. It was thee perfect place to celebrate my husband'so 40th birthday. The food was delicious, service was amazing, and the atmosphere was great. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disorganized ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/9/2014We were quite surprised by the dinner as we had enjoyed the restaurant on prior visits. The food was quite good - service was the issue: 1. 30 minutes for cocktails to come out but we were repeatedly hurried to place the dinner order nevertheless. 2. Drinks came out wrong and the wine ordered for dinner was also wrong. 3. Requests for split plates were interpreted as that the diners could just eat off the one plate. 4. Confusing conflicting requests by servers as if they were not on the same page. For example, we had requested and paid the tab and one of the waiters asked if we wanted the dessert menus. We had lunch the next day at Mr. B"s bistro which is a part of the restaurant "family." Great food and great service,
- First TimePatrickDined on 10/8/2014I've always heard about Dickie Brennan's and always wanted to try it. I finally had the opportunity on this trip to NOLA. The meal was fantastic. It was everything I've heard it to be. The steaks were prepared perfectly, the sides were wonderful and the dessert was fantastic. When I have the opportunity to return, I definitely will.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceLUVNOLADined on 10/7/2014The food here is always very good. What I enjoy most is the friendly, take care of you, service. I think they have the best service in the city. Additionally it is a beautiful dining room and is appointed so that dining is relaxing and not too loud. I like to be able to converse without yelling across the table.Special Features:
- AwesomeNortheastLAFoodie1010Dined on 10/6/2014This by far the best experience ever. Our party was very pleased with the service and the food was delicious!!!!Special Features:
- ralphieDined on 10/5/2014Great dining experience in every way - FOOD, SERVICE AND AMBIANCE.Special Features:
- Just OKgah123Dined on 10/5/2014I should have known better than to go here for a romantic fine dining experience being that it is so close to bourbon street (think bar scene). The wait staff weren't so refined, example: when the waiter was giving us an overview of the specials, he referred to the price of the items by saying 'bucks', "today we have a filet mignon special for $34 bucks"..very strange. Food was just OK too..nothing to brag about. Would not go here again, or recommend for someone looking for a fine dining steak house.
- Huge DisappointmentlovesagoodsteakDined on 10/1/2014Went for romantic dinner with the expectation of a good steak. Steak was terrible. Ordered medium and it wasn't pink but a sliver in very middle. Sent it back and I never do that. Asparagus tips were burnt. Best part was ruined. Terrible music playing - some sort of loud bells. Service was excellent, but after I complained about steak, our main waiter did not return for a long time. To be fair, he had a large table in back, but they should not have him do a table like that, plus his others. Too much for one person. No manager ever came over to apologize for bad food. Surprised by that. Waiter offered new steak, but I didn't want to wait. They took it off bill. Au gratin potatoes were excellent. Saved Dickie's for last night - disappointing.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceGoodfoodletseatDined on 9/30/2014We had a group of 6, enjoyed the food, spent over $600, including tip. We never heard an apology for long delays. But it was still a nice evening.Special Features:
- spend your $ where it's worth itluv2go2SXMDined on 9/30/2014Booked reservations here for celebration of my anniversary. Service was HORRIBLE. saw our waiter once and that was it. Friend's steak was wrong. Some one other than our waiter took it back. She brought back entirely wrong steak, so it went back again. So many great places to eat in French quarter. Wish I would've booked a different restaurant to celebrate. Will never go back. Will not recommend to friends. Will tell all traveling to french quarter not to bother with this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedLoveagoodsteakDined on 9/30/2014I had always heard of Dickie Brennans and wanted to try it. Overpriced for the quality of my steak. I ordered the $36 14 oz. ribeye expecting a steak at least 3/4" thick since this was Dickie Brennan's steakhouse. A steak was delivered to my table that appeared to be the thickness of a Waffle House ribeye closer to 3/8". I ordered the steak medium, but it was grey/done on inside. My business partner ordered the prime rib cooked medium and it was grey/done on inside as well. Thank good for Au Jus! No one asked about our food satisfaction, they appeared to be more interested in turning tables. We were in a hurry and did not have time to send the meats back, hence this negative review. I sincerely hope this was an anomaly.Special Features:
- Terrible Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Took a group there and 2 diners ordered 16 oz prime rib medium rare. They brought what looked like 8 oz over cooked extremely well done prime ribs. It took 5 minute to come by to check on steaks. Both were sent back and it took another 20 minutes to get the replacement streaks. I know they just have to cut another streak so no excuse for delay. Everyone else was almost done by the time the replacement steaks were brought. Not a good experience and no manager even stopped by?
- Birthday dinnerWEFTECDined on 9/29/2014The atmostphere was good the service was very good the food was prepaired correctly the first time out - the 2 things I would say that was not right was when I took 1/2 of my Prime Rib dinner to my hotel they did not put the creamy horseradish in the box and could have added a small thing of AU jus in the box and last the price was I feel was a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible timingJaxgVIPDined on 9/28/2014A group of 5 of us arrived for our reservation 6:45 and were seated right away although it was probably the worst table in the restaurant...we were practically sitting in the foyer. The two waiters, Roy & Dennis were very prompt to take our drink & order within the first 15 minutes. Then it all went downhill from there. The apps & drinks arrived within 10-15 minutes & the entrees were FINALLY brought out an hour & 15 mins later. Mind you we ordered two steaks & two fish entrees at a steakhouse. Within that hour, we had to ask where our food was only to be told it was just going on the grill. Manager came over to apologize & offer us appetizer or salads - already had that so no thank you. Steaks came out & they were well done! Not a good.Special Features:
- Not this Brennan restaurant...manytables2Dined on 9/27/2014We've been to NOLA many times, dined at nearly all the classics, many of the Brennan family group, but will never eat at this one again. Tho reserved, waited over 1/2 hour just to be seated. Then our drink order, taken right away, took another 20 min to come. Also had to ASK to place our dinner order! We were embarrassed about all this; our guest was a good sport about it. Drinks and food were good, but couldn't make up for the erratic service, noise, and attitude of 'this is normal' for Saturday night. No it's not. Across the street at Galatoire's, even on Saturday night, dining's a pleasure. This restaurant is over booking or something, but it was no impressive experience, and we would never recommend it or take anyone there again.Special Features:
- Always great never disappointsTomgolfsDined on 9/27/2014My favorite steakhouse in the country, from drinks at the bar to dessert and coffee always consistent high level of quality for both food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Great Steak and ServiceKetoLoverDined on 9/27/2014The servers who helped us were superb. Friendly and yet businesslike, wasting no time with excess chatter but always there for us. I had the Cowboy Rib-Eye, a special, and it was simple and perfect, just butter and fine marbling that gave me all I had hoped for. I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FAVORITE!LSUTIGERDined on 9/27/2014We visit NO for a week several times a year and we always eat at Dickie Brennan's.....most often more than once while here. Regardless of what you order, the item will be delicious. Naturally, the steaks can't be beat, especially the filet; but don't overlook the seafood. Try the Napoleon salad...what treat! And, don't skip their home-made ice cream; it's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everything was exceptional, from making reservation, to the service, and of course the spectacular food. They even named prices when describing their specials, including the days market price for lobster! The only room for improvement is they need a greater beer selection. For such a high caliber restaurant, the beer menu was very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do you improve on excellenceDickandJeannieDined on 9/24/2014We were celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary, and everyone in this restaurant helped to make this a very special occasion. The wait staff was beyond excellent, and he food was made in heaven. I had to ask our waitress Andrea to pinch me, because I was sure I had gone to heaven. I would recommend this restaurant to any and everyone I know.Special Features:
- Perfect steak-perfect dessert!!1CoconutDined on 9/23/2014Alejandro was our server-she is excellent. She listened to our order and the filets were cooked to perfection! Potatoes au gratin were undercooked-but were replaced immediately without the meal getting cold. Very attentive service-the food outstanding and the coconut cake - to die for!!! That's why we go to Dickie B's every visit to NOLA!!Special Features:
- Worst steak in a long timeAlwaysoutDined on 9/21/2014Ordered steak medium and received an overcooked and dried out piece of old meat
- Service woesMosesDined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding as always. This was the worst service ever experienced at a restaurant at this price point. The very long wait for the initial greeting set the service tone for the evening...long wait to order wine, long wait to receive wine, long wait to order dinner, long wait to receive dinner, no pepper offered for salads, no check-back on steak quality or doneness, no offer of desserts (which we might have considered) and ultimately a disappointing experience. The team service aspect left us confused as to who our waitress really was. There are plenty of other prime steak house options to choose from.Special Features:
- DisappointedKobeDined on 9/20/2014I was rather disappointed with my dining experience at Dickie Brennan's. After reading reviews I expected a wonderful experience with great food, great ambiance and service. I was very disappointed with my meal. I ordered the parmesan crusted fish served over asparagus with oven roasted baby potatoes. Unfortunately, the fish was very salty, which by the way was the only flavor I could taste, Also, served over spinach not asparagus, with over done roasted potatoes. We also ordered an appetizer, fried oysters. Awful, they had so much crust on them you could not even taste the oysters and they were burnt, I actually could not believe they served them. My Husbands meal was good though He had Prime Rib. Hard to screw up Prime Rib.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLuvbirdsDined on 9/19/2014Awesome experience, food, and service! Staff was very helpful with food/wine suggestions. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hot spot for steaks in NOLALuvGoodFoodDined on 9/19/2014Excellent quality of food, fine bar where we had our first drinks while waiting for the table; reservation highly recommended!Special Features:
- Best Place in NOLAclcheatDined on 9/19/2014We eat here every trip we make to New Orleans. We have NEVER been disappointed. The food is excellent and the staff are more attentive than any other restaurant we have visited in New Orleans. We have ordered many different items and always loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.