Dick & Jenny's
4501 Tchopitoulas St.
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Dick & Jenny's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dickandjennys.com/
- Phone: 5048949880x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday Dinner 5:30 PM - 10 PM
Friday and Saturday Dinner 5:30 - 10:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday Brunch 10 AM - 2:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stacy Hall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Abe D'Aquin 5048949880x
- Special Events: Call 504-894-9880 for information on booking special events.
A word from Dick & Jenny's
One block uptown from the corner of Napoleon and Tchoupitoulas, where century old live oaks shadow the famous music club Tipitina's, sits a mid-nineteenth century barge board cottage with burgundy clap boards and yellow shutters. Dinner plates line the walls and bear the names of Dick and Jenny's founding customers. Originally a grocery store, and later a po-boy shop, this funky New Orleans original is a gathering place for those who seek fine dining cuisine in a casual, comfortable setting. A small hand painted sign on the building hangs above the flower baskets and simply says "Dick & Jenny's."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole / Cajun / Southern
Dick & Jenny's - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Dick & Jenny's reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (27)romantic (24)great for brunch (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (11)hot spot (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014As always with Dick and Jenny's, the food was great as was the service. This restaurant has all the benefits of any fine dining establishment in the city without being pretentious. We always like going to D&J'sSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphereWa6y0neDined on 8/31/2014Our group wanted to try a new place and this entry came up in open table. We were so happy with the choice. Great food that you know and love but also wonderful new creations that are very tasty! Try the seafood cheesecake!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TraditionSanhil1313Dined on 8/30/2014The food, the staff, the vibe and the funk of D&J's makes it one if our top 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came back for another timeSpinnerDined on 8/26/2014We liked it better than any other time we were there. The food was well prepared and very tasty and nicely presented. Like the fact we went on a nite when we brought our own wine and there was no corkageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambitious and deliciousleftyDined on 8/26/2014The menu is really inventive and they put their own twist onto most every dish. Even classic southern or Italian entrees are treated individually. Their version of pasta Carbonara has little to with the classic dish. They served a fresh housemade pappardelle pasta with pork belly in place of guanciale and added fried oysters on top! It had little resemblance to Carbonara but was excellent. It was a carbonara in name only, well worth trying.Special Features:
- Food great at Dick and Jenny'sNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/26/2014Always love the food and service at Dick and Jenny's. The best casual place around.Special Features:
- Understated eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I had been to Dick and Jennie's once before but my husband had not and we always said we needed to go. Finally I took him for his birthday and the food was incredible. Service was great, everyone was friendly. He loved the crayfish risotto and fresh fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent service from the moment we were greeted at the door and constantly throughout our dining experience. I felt like everyone who worked at the restaurant showed a vested interest in our dining experience, regardless of the fact that the food is amazing and speaks for itself. My friends and enjoyed our "ladies brunching/lunching" experience but I can't wait to go back with my husband. Ambiance fits a variety of occasions. Food was piping hot and savory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went back - great againlocalresDined on 8/15/2014After having been to Dick and Jenni's a week earlier, we decided to go back with friends from central Louisiana to celebrate a birthday and and an anniversary. All four of us loved our entrees. After bite-sized taste testing, the dish deemed extraordinary by our group was the Veal Saltimbocca - lovely variation from the dish prepared in other restaurants by the use of fontina cheese. However, the stuffed pork tenderloin, flounder, and shrimp dish were all excellent as well. The only disappointment of the evening was the bread pudding. It was very heavy and dense and almost tough. Crème brulee was exceptional. Tiramisu was also good.Special Features:
- A jewellocalresDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went there on Saturday night during a weekend visit . Our reservation was for 7:30. We were seated promptly in the front room. We loved the feel of old New Orleans with walls decorated with plates collected by a previous owner. The shrimp dish from the regular menu was a tad saltier than I thought was necessary, but was flavorful. The fried green tomato appetizer was good, but not outstanding. The spinach salad with crispy pork belly could not have been better as was the flounder dish from the regular menu. Our waiter was very helpful and very attentive. We will definitely go back and take friends!Special Features:
- localopinionDined on 8/9/2014We ordered from both the regular and Coolinary Menus. Both offered great options with variety. Table service was excellent, but kitchen was backed up slightly. Food was very good. Have bee several times before and will go back again.Special Features:
- 30th birthdayMom5fiveVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our family came in from the Chicago area to celebrate our New Orleans 30th birthday. We all had a fun time!Special Features:
- Okay foodMileyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was ok. My dish was served room temp. Service not good. Restaurant needs remodeling. Seems like we were seated in a converted covered patio. I expected quaint. Not even close!
- Good Food, but the Drinks?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014The food and atmosphere was lovely. But all the drinks were less than par. From the wine list to the barely cold martini to the coffeeI would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATEzspikeDined on 7/20/2014This was our second time here. Food is beyond words, and the Bloody Mary's are a must have. Staff was attentive and friendly. If you go for brunch try the Grits and GrilladesSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a large group in from out-of-town. We wanted to take them someplace special. Dick and Jennys was able to meet all of our expectations. The food was delicious! But in addition to that, the service was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Dick & Jenny's was great. The restaurant staff was accommodating to our needs and request. When in New Orleans will definitely go again.Special Features:
- we loved it-hidden gem!DegerDined on 7/18/2014such a wonderful dinner with a great vibe inside the restaurant! everything we had was delish and we didn't leave STUFFED-great flavors, great ambiance! would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- CUTE!KarohlynnDined on 7/5/2014What a charming restaurant! GREAT service too! The chicken biscuit was SUPER yummy! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made reservations and they closed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014We made Birthday dinner reservations and get there and they were closed. They called me 2 hours before the reservation to confirm it. Why did they all of a sudden close?? They could have called to say they would be closing for the night.
- ThunderstormMmmmmDined on 6/27/2014Due to a thunderstorm the electricity went out. The staff and owners were extremely gracious and did their best. We had finished our appetizers when the electricity went out and that was the end of our meal. The appetizers were delicious and the staff gracious. Will return at another time to complete a meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of PaceFunandFunkyDined on 6/21/2014If you are done with the chain restaurants, or want something truly local, this is the place to eat. Great food and service wrapped up in a uniquely fun and funky feel. I had the steak, and my wife the pork dish. Both melted in our mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Terrific spot for creatively prepared favorites and new combinations. And two blocks from Tipitinas!Special Features:
- Always terrific!Nola4luvDined on 6/20/2014Dick and Jenny's is just the place for anyone who wants great food with service that is knowledgable and friendly and a place that doesn't think it has to overwhelm you with flourish. We love going there with "ladies who lunch" as well as dinner at a place for I town guests to give them a " NOLA" dining experience that isn't touristy and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day BrunchJoeDinerDined on 6/15/2014We had our Father's Day Brunch here. We ordered several appetizers and shared: Fried Green Tomatoes, Chicken and Andouille Gumbo, Savory Philly Cheesesteak Cheesecake, and Lox and Bagel Bruchetta. They were all good. I especially liked the salmon which had a very smoky flavor. Entrees were also very good. My dad enjoyed his Grits and Grillades although he did say it reminded him of a commodity they used to get in the 50s. I guess it was a tasty commodity. My wife and I had the special, a flounder over grits in a crystal based sauce. The flounder was perfectly cooked. I thought the sauce was a little heavy handed with the crystal, but my wife thought it was perfect. My mom had the Eggs Boudreaux, poached eggs and crab cakes.Special Features:
- Delicious again!504midableDined on 6/9/2014Love this place. The food and atmosphere are always top notch, and the servers are the perfect mix of helpful and politely unobtrusive. My experience there is consistently satisfying and I'd recommend the place to anyone. In particular, the pork loin and Borsette dishes were the highlights of this visit.Special Features:
- omgmjackDined on 6/9/2014so good. I got the salmon which was amazing and you should get the oysters for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Consistently good food and good service. This restaurant is a must on our trips to New Orleans.Special Features:
- yum!NolagalDined on 5/30/2014love walking into this little house to see such a cozy, fun and romantic neighborhood atmosphere. the food was SO good -- from the frog legs to the gumbo, it was delicious. Also, the cocktails were gorgeous! Our waiter was very helpful, and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owners----same great place!xxxxxVIPDined on 5/30/2014FIrst time back since new owners. Happy to say, ownership is one of the few changes. Food still great, service still great, and lots of fun for diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels Just Right!JudyDined on 5/29/2014Summer or winter, this place is one of comfort. Looks good, feels good, and staff treats one perfectly. Menu interesting without aging a bad case of the cutes - so common around our town! Most important: plenty of local favor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I love this neighborhood spot- food is great, service is friendly and excellent, and the vibe is cool and comfortable. Love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJelloDined on 5/24/2014Very nice atmosphere and quiet enough for conversation, even when the room was full. The gazpacho was excellent, with lots of garlic and a nice bit of kick. The bouillabaisse was very tasty. The flounder, served over risotto, was very good as well. The service was also very good. Not overbearing, but nearby if needed.Special Features:
- The following 333 reviews are from the Dick & Jenny's reviews archive.
- Neighborhood GemZionDined on 5/18/2014Adorable atmosphere, fresh and delicious food, and attentive yet not overwhelming service. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014We had an early seating for a party of 11 following graduation ceremony. The food and service were outstanding! give the new pastas a try...you won't be disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedTaajoDined on 5/17/2014The food of this place seems to be greatly overrated, it's not so "special" and definitely does not deserve the price that you pay especially given the ambiance of a dilapidated house that you dine in.
- Mothers Day BrunchAwesomenessVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were a large group, the staff was very accommodating and patient. Bloody Mary's were divine. As a New Yorker I have high expectations when I dine. Dick &Jennys exceeded all my expectations. Food was outstanding and creative. A must if you are in New Orkeans.Special Features:
- good food and great serviceAveryleaDined on 5/11/2014Our mothers day brunch was delightful. The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent Meal and Nice New Orleans Location up town. Very Good Food that is always consistent. Nice Wine List.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans GemProudPapaDined on 5/10/2014Went for a graduation lunch with a decent sized group (14). Dick & Jenny's easily had room for us. Food was delicious and the service was great. Will definitely come back the next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.