25 Rt 31 South,
Pennington, NJ 08534Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://diamondsofpennington.com/
- Phone: (609) 730-1244
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Thur: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Armando Rodas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
Diamond's To Go & Pickup
- Entertainment: Diamond's is a girl's best friend and the place to be seen.
Always a fun time with great cocktails; from Diamond's Fab $5, 5 Hour Happy Hour Monday - Friday from 2pm-7pm in a sophisticated atmosphere that you feel comfortable enjoying alone, as a couple or group.
Diamond's offers its innovative bar menu in the bar area all day and night with a great selection of sandwiches on fresh baked bread as well as bar pies. Enjoy one of our ice cold beers in a frosted glass or one of our house or premium wines by the glass, 1/2 bottle, full bottle, or one of our signature martinis or cocktails.
Great Music & Romantic feel.
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners
Single Malt Scotch & Cigar Tasting Dinner
Small Batch Bourbon Tasting
Craft Whiskey Tasting
Premium Boutique Beer Tasting
"A Trip to Broadway" Dinner Show in Sapphire Room
- Cross Street: W Delaware Ave
- Public Transit: Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
Car Service and Cabs available as well as bus service.
Close distance to local airport and train station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample Parking in the huge Pennington Shopping Center where Diamond's is located. It is well lit and patrolled.
A word from Diamond's
Diamond's was originally opened in 1982 in the Chambersburg Restaurant District of Historic Trenton, New Jersey. Now, Brothers Anthony and Tommy Zucchetti have reopened with one of their original chefs in a romantic location inside the Pennington Shopping Center. Diamond's offers the finest of Authentic Italian Cuisine and finest cuts of steaks, chops and fresh seafood along with a balanced wine list, premium beers and cutting edge cocktails. We always offer outstanding sandwiches on fresh baked bread at the bar. Diamond's has a long and famous reputation of bringing the finest of food and drink in a fun and comfortable venue. Over the years Diamond's has been awarded the DiRoNA Award, Five Star Diamond Award, Zagat Award of Distinction, Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" and many more too numerous to mention.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Diamond's - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Diamond's reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (62)good for groups (54)romantic (38)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- glad they moved from Trenton...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014Having frequented this restaurant for years in Trenton it was great to find they found a new home even closer to ours... the food on Sunday was excellent as usual... good service and the live music was a wonderful surprise... hope they keep the duo they had playing old favorites...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Once again Diamond's does not disappoint. Great food and very good service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Two guests ordered from the lunch menu two from the dinner menu , the portions appeared the same for all , but the pricing for the dinner menus was almost double that of lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good Food HereJAG2020VIPDined on 11/8/2014Place is run poorly, food sub par nothing worth running out for, the dishes they use are to large to sit on the tables properly. Service is not really good. Over all Diamonds is a strip mall restauraunt that delivers slightly above pizzeria quality.Special Features:
- A Diamond, not in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014I recall this Italian gem when they were located in their old location. I moved away for many years and when I returned they were no where to be found. Fortunately, I found them again and they continue to provide excellent food, great service and maintain the standards that I loved so much in the old place. Large menu selections and I have never been disappointed.
- .. This will be better...hopefullymkelly3520VIPDined on 11/8/2014Not sure what happened. The first time we went here-it is was exceptional. Appetizers- Chili was very good. A simple prosciutto mozzarella was ok. The pork and figs were good but overly sugary. I had a simple veal dish that was swimming in a cream sauce almost too overbearing to digest. I also had this over pasta. On the salty side. One person ordered a Tositano pasta dish- tasteless. Unfortunately- was not even good. Service was weak. Last time- excellent. So- the bottom line is this. Will we go back? Yes... with reservations but the quality went down (a lot) for us. I am not sure if I should have said anything but they "know" what they are doing. I suggest if you give Diamond's a try and you notice these things- I would say something.Special Features:
- another wonderful dining experienceHappyDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014As always, this neighborhood gem did not disappoint. We introduced to new friends to this amazing dining experience and they were impressed! The veal and beef dishes were outstanding as were the appetizers and desserts. The corner table that Tommy seated us was perfect for quiet conversation so we appreciate that extra consideration he provided.Special Features:
- BONESDined on 11/1/2014ANTHONY, WE ALWAYS ENJOY DIAMONDS , THE FOOD IS ALWAYS GREAT . THE LITTLE THING THAT HAPPENED SAT. YOU TOOK CARE OF WITH CLASS. THANK YOU WE WILL ALWAYS BE BACK , WE GO WAY BACK TO KENT STSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a VisitGregDined on 10/25/2014Beautiful room in strip mall! Food way above average. Only drawback is TVs on wall (muted) were a bit distracting. I'll be visiting again.Special Features:
- What a treat!JerseyGirl43Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I had dinner at Diamond's for his birthday. We had enjoyed going to the original Diamond's in "the Burg" in Trenton years ago. Food and service were excellent. Most delicious: their homemade buffalo mozzarella. Only one thing marred the experience: ordering a $54 steak. Kind of a shock when the bill came.Special Features:
- Birdie54Dined on 10/19/2014This is the very best restaurant that I have ever gone to. The food, wine, just everything was excellent. The waiter was really very good also. Excellent,excellant excellant. Just perfectly wonderful. We will always come back.Special Features:
- Katherine10Dined on 10/18/2014First time having dinner at Diamonds and we had an amazing time. the food, the service and the atmosphere was top quality. I will recommend and will make reservation often. thank you very much for making my date night extremely FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningDinDinDined on 10/16/2014We had visited Diamond's many times at their location on Kent St in the Burg so were looking forward to visiting their location now that they moved to Pennington. The inside was beautiful with lots of room for dining or a great bar area too. They had the little white lights in the main area which were always so pretty at their old location. Our waitress was outstanding, very polished and professional, we should have asked for her name so we could give her a shout-out! When we mentioned it was an anniversary, my dessert came out with a lit candle! And on the way out, the owner wished us a happy anniversary. All in all, a very special evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the neighborhoodprincetongirlDined on 10/12/2014This was our first time dining at Diamond's Restaurant in Pennington. Upon entering, I was disappointed to see that there are TVs in every room. However, the host was very accommodating and put us in a room where they turned off the screen. We went on a Sunday night and the restaurant was quiet. We tried the shrimp parm appetizer and the gnocci and both very very good. The lobster entree and the chicken were also delicious. Portions are generous.Special Features:
- Second Visit BlahJAStudiosVIPDined on 10/11/2014It may have been a fluke, but our second visit was not so good.
- Suzi-Q ReviewSuziQReviewDined on 10/11/2014Had been here once before for lunch with a girlfriend. Food was so delicious I could hardly wait for a chance to come back with my husband for dinner. We were not disappointed. Wonderfully delicious mushroom soup, a blend of 3 types of mushrooms blended into a creamy divine soup. Very filling. A perfect pork chop, tender veal marsala, and chicken franchise were our party's entrees and we were all very happy. We all chose the potato & vegetable and they were a good compliment to our dishes. Wonderful attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ItalianFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014This reataurant is why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Although it is located in a strip mall, the outside deceives you about the hidden gem waiting inside. All of the food was fantastic. The portions are generous so arrive hungry. The prices on Open Table are inaccurate. The chicken parm cost $20 and the meatball appetizer was $10. The food is worth every dollar! We will definitely return and bring friends. There are so many more dishes I want to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and gratifyingfrankiedcDined on 10/5/2014Diamonds has become my go to restaurant. It is consistently outstanding in its cuisine, service and ambiance. I especially enjoy when I take people out for dinner or lunch. My guests love it and enjoy being there, and, of course, that pleases me.Special Features:
- Kent Street Deja Vu2buonappetitosDined on 9/21/2014Having dined at Diamond's in the Burg many, many times we were thrilled to find this Diamond's restaurant. The intimate atmosphere is welcoming and the food is superb. We ordered several appetizers, all delicious, and the dinners were outstanding. The Zucchetti family is warm and friendly as always. Our dining experience was a true "homecoming".Special Features:
- RichDined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent as was the service. It was a little on the high side in price. I would definitely recommend it but mention that the price is a little above the average.Special Features:
- chestnut23Dined on 9/20/2014great service specials were delicious but a little pricey but very goodSpecial Features:
- DinnerDudeDined on 9/20/2014Everything was very good. One thing sticks out in my mind was the first glass of water was good - then the second glass had a taste of the water you get in Florida. The light at our table was a bit too bright. Thank yoouSpecial Features:
- Another Outstanding ExperiencedshinnDined on 9/19/2014Tucked away in the Pennington Market shopping plaza it would be easy to miss this gem. But it has become one of my favorites and Diamonds has never disappointed. I tried the tilapia francese and it was amazing. It came with herb roasted potatoes and carrots or you could have had pasta instead. The carrots were to die for and the potatoes were good too. The service was attentive and just right. We did not get appetizers or dessert as we couldn't even finish the meal. I forgot to mention my partner also ordered something new - a penne pasta with sausage and pepperoncini. That was excellent also.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Food was excellent. Service addaquate room temperature was way too coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go backcpfuzz2Dined on 9/13/2014Me and my wife went this past Saturday (9/13). The center cut pork chop was delicious. My wife ordered the wild salmon which was rich and tasty. Service was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to meet friendsLuv2dineItalianDined on 9/13/2014Wanted to advise you that one member of our dinner party was sorely disappointed in his meal...totally. The other three diners enjoyed their food, the ambiance and the engaging waiter. We will visit again and hope that this one experience was an aberration. We were repeat customers at Diamonds when it was on Kent Street and trust the Zucchetti family to offer a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Hit for some, miss for otherscos97Dined on 9/13/2014Four of us went for dinner Saturday night - I had the pork chop w/broccoli rave stuffing yum! My husband's friends wife had gnocchi in a pink sauce which was also excellent. My husband had stuffed scallops which for me were a tad overcooked and tasted a little old. His friend had a shrimp dish in which the shrimp were left with the shells and heads on - the server didn't do a good job disclosing this for if he had, my husband's friend would not have ordered it. Would come here again, but I'd steer clear of seafood dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect expercienceLovestheSimplethingsDined on 9/13/2014Everything about our experience was perfect. Setting to service to the food itself, you simply could not ask for better. The staff was outstanding. This was not my first time here, so I knew what I was in for. We were celebrating our second wedding anniversary and could not have asked for a more perfect dinning setting for such an occasion. We are a very easy going couple and do not ask for extra attention or need to be pampered but it is certainly a nice feeling when you are made to feel like the most important guests in a restaurant full of customers. The food, just no words. It was all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryJDined on 9/12/2014Stuffed pork chop, chopped antipasto salad excellent. Veal Saltimboca fair. Spinach wasn't fresh; vegetables overcooked. Will not order again. Server inattentive. Waited very long for wine; wrong wine was brought.Special Features:
- Missed a BeatGreenVIPDined on 9/7/2014Normally, an outstanding experience food and service. The service was not at the usual excellent level and ditto with the food. Asked for pasta instead of potato under the lobster appetizer. However, way too much sauce. The chef wasn't looking at the dish and adjusting accordingly.Special Features:
- Don't missOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014We used to go to Diamond's when they were on Kent St. in Chambersburg. In fact, we had both our kids' high school graduation dinners in the private dining room there. Followed them when they were on Rt. 29 (briefly) and were glad to see them open in Pennington. All the food was great; my daughter and I had the soft shell crabs which were done perfectly. My grandkids had gnocchi in marinara sauce (specially ordered with only one sauce) which they finished off. Two of us had the veal and lobster combo; also great. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond's consistently a GEM !Palmer3465VIPDined on 9/6/2014The mark of a great restaurant is consistency. 2 Saturday nights in a row and didn't miss a beat. This place is a real GEM.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Overall an enjoyable dining experience- wish menu was a little more varied (more seafood)-would definitely return-veal saltomboca was excellent!Special Features:
- DeliciousSparkeDined on 9/6/2014The food was outstanding. We have been to Diamonds for a few months, and were delighted with the specials on the menu. Restaurant can get noisy, but tables are nicely spaced to allow for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience at Diamond'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere. Highly recommend for just about any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemKMLiveDined on 9/5/2014I dined here for lunch with a coworker and we were blown away! The restaurant is tucked away into a shopping center so we didn't know what to expect. The food was incredible! We had a hard time narrowing down what we wanted to try and ended up sharing several of the daily special appetizer platters - stuffed artichokes, caprese platter, and spinach bread. It was heaven and we can't wait to go back again soon! Also, service was great and reasonably quick for a workday lunch break. Great atmosphere, would also be great for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to returnJSH1978Dined on 9/3/2014Happy to celebrate their anniversary ! Vibrant, but very noisy crowd that we could barely have a conversation at our table Nice night anywaySpecial Features:
- Fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I have been going to Diamond's for special occasions ever since they were in Chambersburg. I am so happy they moved back to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond's DelightfulPalmer3465VIPDined on 8/30/2014Anthony and Tommy are restaurant legends. They hit the mark with this rendition of Diamonds. The food is fantastic and the wine list is very good. Service is what you would expect from these two brothers,they know how to treat people. Loved the veal and lobster. My son had the tomahawk steak and raved about it. Wife,daughter and son's girlfriend liked their choices as well. Our server Anthony was excellent. We will be back soon for sure.Special Features:
- need to go....mkelly3520VIPDined on 8/29/2014to Diamonds! I was more surprised even after reading the positive reviews. We recently moved to the area and this restuarant will be a "go to" place for great food and service. (You go Anthony!) Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.