Diamond Tavern - Hilton Baltimore
401 W. Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Diamond Tavern - Hilton Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.diamondtavern.com/
- Phone: 4435738777x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily; 6:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Daily; 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri; 4:00pm - 7:00pm;
Dinner: Nightly; 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Elvin Vazquez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Diamond Tavern features a private dining room with comfortable seating for up to 20 guests, or larger for cocktail parties. The dining room is equiped with internet access and a 50in HDTV to meet your presentation needs. Please contact Randy Piebes at, email@example.com or by telephone at 443-573-8710 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Randy Piebes 4435738710x
A word from Diamond Tavern - Hilton Baltimore
Diamond Tavern boasts new American cuisine, Charm-City style, amid a sophisticated yet comfortable setting. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Diamond Tavern also hosts 20 high definition televisions ideal for taking in game day at Camden Yards, or catching your favorite sporting event throughout the year. Whether dining in the Tavern, savoring the beautiful weather from our outdoor seating, or enjoying a cocktail during our Happy Hour, relax and unwind in the most dynamic atmosphere downtown Baltimore has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Diamond Tavern - Hilton Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Good Experience OverallsavvydinerDined on 8/9/2014We went for restaurant week, all of the food was very good. Our server was friendly but not very attentive. The food came quickly, the location was great - it was rather empty for a Saturday night so that was nice since we missed our reservation time. Overall, I would definitely recommend: berry compote dessert, pork and shrimp volcano egg rolls, steak and chocolate waffles. skip the mahi mahi because the potatoes are wayy overly seasoned and the mango salsa is not good. i also tried the pear appletini, it was average but i opted to try that instead of my usual white wine because the glasses were overpriced.
- Private Lunch for 20richviiiDined on 8/4/2014Needed a private spot for a great lunch for a group. I typically avoid "hotel" restaurants but was really surprised how great it was. They handled our great very quickly and friendly as we needed to get on to our conference.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed staffStillHungry4MoreDined on 7/7/2014We recently dined at DT and had an annoying experience. My friend and I wanted to grab quick drinks and food before a night out. After placing our inital order and waiting for drinks, the server responded by saying they ran out of our food selections and the bartender could not make the drink requested, that was on their drinks menu! This didnt happen, once, or twice, or three times. Every drink requested wasnt able to be made. I felt our server was sincere and apologetic, but come on, how do you run out of food and not know how to make house drinks! We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great for lunchMahenderDined on 6/18/2014Excellent location near Camden Yards. Food is reliable - always consistently good. Service great too and they are flexible.Special Features:
- Conference ConvenientMidAtlanicMikeDined on 6/17/2014If you are at the Balitmore Convention Center ('The Center') or at the Hilton on Pratt this is a convenient lunch/dinner venue. Because I had several client lunches/dinners, I had a number of meals at this restaurant. Lunch & dinner menu were good diversity and tasty. We were there during World Cup, so the multiple tv monitors were appreciated, but distracted from the business mission. Lunch service was crowded and poor because they apparently didnt have enough staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy in BaltimorenwmsdocVIPDined on 6/10/2014I had two meals in the Baltimore Hilton Diamond Tavern while on a business trip. Both meals were superb; the ambience was terrific, watching the foot traffic into Camden Yard (Baltimore was playing Boston during both dinners), the staff was exceptionally responsive - and the food, crab cakes on one occasion and scallops on another - kudos for the scallop dish) was quite good. My desert, a carrot cake, was divine - almost worth a return trip as a stand-alone. The crab soup was masterful. In all a surprisingly good experience for a hotel restaurant, one to which I will return in the future.Special Features:
- BrunchCloichinDined on 5/11/2014Ordered the spring rolls, very good. The pulled pork had a taste of liquid smoke - I make much better myself with a rub and low and slow cook in the oven, a bit surprised about this. My dish had scallops and was tasty but a bit too much butter in the sauce.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Diamond Tavern - Hilton Baltimore reviews archive.
- Name is MisleadingrthenderDined on 4/30/2014Where as this is called the Diamond Tavern it is any thing but. Breakfast buffet was very good and all offerings were fresh. Lunch menu is brief but there was something there for everyone in our group of 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CelebrationBillLDined on 4/4/2014We were at the Diamond Tavern for a celebration. There were 9 of us. All in all it was a great occasion. The menu had items covering all tastes. The wait staff was very attentive. The food came in a timely manner. The only issue was that one soup and one entrée arrived cool. They promptly replaced the items. Everyone enjoyed the dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribly understaffed.stpaulguyVIPDined on 3/17/2014Despite having a reservation, we were told they were behind and that there Were several parties infront of us. The host just walked away and did not come back! The restaurant was 2/3 empty, so despite hosting a 5,000 person conference in the hotel they clearly understaffed. 30 minutes after our reservation time we finally just left. Would not recommend this to anyone.
- Extremely disappointingmjdjDined on 3/17/2014I was in town for a conference, & made reservations for lunch, knowing lunchtime would be busy. Folks w/o a reservation were told there was 1 hour+ wait. Despite having reservations, we still waited 20 min to be seated. We waited over 1 hr for our food (bowl of crab soup for me, & turkey sandwich for my colleague), and they got my colleague's order slightly wrong. The soup was okay, though I found the cream of crab soup at The Yard in the Marriott much, much better. My colleague was not impressed with her sandwich, so neither were worth the wait. Lastly, we had another long wait to get our check. They were extremely unprepared for a large lunch crowd, which is surprising given their location (connected to convention center).Special Features:
- Lousy ServiceBertDined on 3/7/2014First the staff thought we were part of some large party and seated in the back banquet room. Then we were seated correctly and enjoyed the food. Our bill came and it was for someone else! They fixed the charges but did not offer anything as consolation. Comp our two glasses of wine, jeez! Had breakfast the following morning and it was the same thing. Lousy wait service.Special Features:
- I and the group of 6 who ImaryDined on 2/27/2014I and the group of 6 who I was with ate at the Diamond Tavern due to our time constraints between conferences. The first night the food was good but the service was very poor. The second night, the service was very good, and food was average.
- Love Diamond Tavernmichael06Dined on 2/22/2014Took my girlfriend to Diamond Tavern during restaurant week and had an amazing meal. Made easy reservations online. Diamond Tavern had a wonderful menu during this deal week, to start off we both had the she crab soup and then we had the pan seared scallops and the cheaskapeak loaded mac, and was by far the best choices we could have made. The scallops were cooked to perfection and served on top of a delicious rice pilaf, the loaded mac was also amazing with huge chunks of crab meat and bacon. Then to top off for dessert she had the mixed berry cheesecake and I had the warm chocolate bread pudding, which was to die for and I am still thinking about it days later. Definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone, I know that I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for BreakfastNicknameDined on 2/21/2014It's attached to the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor but better and less expensive than most hotel restaurants. Did not try the buffet. Plenty to enjoy found on the menu. Bagel/lox plate especially good.
- The good portion was veryMattDined on 2/14/2014The good portion was very small. We went out for Valentines day dinner and both of us left hungry. We did the valentines day dinner which was priced different and had different food online then in the restaurants. I've been here for lunch and its jumping and good. Especially during games downtown. I would go again but lunch first before I try dinner again.Special Features:
- Abysmal serviceCiciVIPDined on 1/17/2014At a recent dinner for 5 the service was the worst we have ever experienced. Everything that one could imagine went wrong, including a few things you couldn't imagine. Our waitress never seemed to be able to get the order right - one person's entree came out before the drinks and she took our order three different times, as if she couldn't remember from one time to the next. We waited 45 minutes until we all had our drinks, which took her several tries to get right. Finally the other four entrees came out! - but we had yet to be served appetizers and salads. The waitress kept apologizing in between errors, to the point that it became intrusive. She assured us the manager would come but he never came. It was so bad it was comical.
- Thanksgiving IssuesoldgalDined on 11/28/2013We booked a room at the Hilton and made reservations at Diamond Tavern for dinner prior to the football game. The service was horribly slow and it appeared they did not have enough servers. We saw several Hiton guests get turned away because they were "booked" but there were multiple empty tables just no servers! People were quite angry. We also saw two people come in and just sit down and they were actually served before we were. The food when we got it, was really quite good but not enough variety for my companion. I would suggest that if they do Thanksgiving again, they set it up as a buffet and give people more choices and be able to stretch the servers a bit more. I have eaten lunch at the tavern before and that was fine.
- ThanksgivingwsampedroDined on 11/28/2013We went to the restaurant on Thanksgiving night for their special dinner before the Ravens/Steelers football game. The food was good but small in size for the cost of the meal. They offered their regular menu along with the special Thanksgiving meal which was good for those that didn't want a traditional turkey dinner. We enjoyed the dinner but wish there was just a little more food on the plate.Special Features:
- lovely experienceMalcolmVIPDined on 11/26/2013The restaurant is very professional. It has really good pizza (we had the mushroom and cheese) and the main hostess, Tara, is incredibly professional and courteous. It's a lovely, open space and quiet. They also have good draft.Special Features:
- Great food, disinterested serverjn322Dined on 11/23/2013Food was great. Server seemed disinterested at best, unpleasant/almost surly at worst...if we had let him, he could have ruined an otherwise really nice evening with my daughter and son-in-law.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestSteveDSDined on 10/13/2013I went with a group for breakfast prior to the Ravens game. Brunch was $19 and not worth it. There were very few choices at the buffet. The omelet chef was overwhelmed and the wait was interminable. (Many, including me, gave up.) Service was also overwhelmed. They were only serving beverages and I had to ask for coffee each time I wanted some. One of my friends ordered a mimosa, and they mined orqange juice with chardonay instead of champagne. I would not go back.
- Food and ambianceCharmcityDined on 9/29/2013The food was outstanding. My group had a different variety of dishes. Burger, crab salad and specialty sandwiches. All were delicious. My only complaint was the service. Slow to seat us, slow to bring our drinks, and slow for our food to arrive. Good thing we were not in hurry...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried again for pre-game dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2013We were at Diamond Tavern over a year ago for a pre-game dinner and it was Fair. I had read some positive reviews on Open Table and decided to try it again. The food was very good and that is where it ended. We waited about for someone to come to the desk to seat us and then we waited for everything else. The only reason to recommend this place is that it is right across the street fro Orioles Psrk at Camden Yards. The fact that we waited for everything to come was poor. One of us had a burger and they did not bring condiments which meant a 15 minute wait even with prodding, burger was no longer hot when condiments came. if we have a choice in the matter we will not be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2013bmorgirl75Dined on 8/2/2013The menu offered during restaurant week (summer 2013) was pretty good. They had several delicious selections to choose from. I will recommend this restaurant if offered again for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2013We went to this restaurant during restaurant week. We enjoyed the food, but service was slow. After the other people from our group ordered their drinks I had to go to the hostess because 15 minutes had passed and the one drink from the bar had still not come. The restaurant did not appear to be packed so I do not understand what took so long. The person though in charge of refilling water glasses was always on top of his job though. We did very much enjoy the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the thin crust pizza thatBessDined on 7/26/2013Had the thin crust pizza that was pretty good. Had dinner the night of a baseball game and the waiter brought our appetizer and meal at the same time. Stated that it was too busy in the kitchen and pretty much indicated - too bad. It was quite busy, so I'll give them another chance when there no games scheduled.Special Features:
- Grab a bite and a drink before O'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2013Diamond Tavern is a solid choice for grabbing a quick bite and a drink before the o's games. The food and drink are moderately priced (cheaper than at the ball park) and quality of food is cut above. And you can't beat the location; right across from Camden Yards.Special Features:
- Best Meal of My Trip!FoodLuverDined on 7/9/2013The restaurant is ajacent to the Hilton Baltimore Hotel and located within walking distance to several other downtown hotels. I came here for dinner while I was visiting Baltimore to attend a conference. My friend and I sat in the outside seating area which is right across from the Camden Yards ballpark! I ordered the shrimp and grits with spicy andouille sausage and gravy. It was absolutely delicious! My only complaint is that the portion was really enough for two. However, since I didn't have a microwave in my hotel room, I couldn't take it with me. Such a waste! I would have preferred a half portion. My friend ordered a burger and fries and loved it as well. She ate every bit! We also had salads with a delicious lemony vinagarette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyPaulVIPDined on 6/15/2013The food was awful and overpriced. The server did not seem to care whether we got the right food, or even any food, for that matter. Even the wine was only mediocre.
- Camden Yards Pre GameOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2013Great place to take clients or just go with friends before an Oriole game. Food has always been good, although this past visit the service was slow and my burger was over cooked, if I'm being nitpicky. The service and momentary lapse in food prep will not tarnish what for me is a good, reputable establishment. I recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a meetingmuseumsciencegroupDined on 5/21/2013We had a breakfast meeting there with a group of about 12. The buffet allowed us to serve ourselves quickly, and the custom- made omlettes were excellent. The space provided was semi-private and perfect for the meeting. The service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2013My boss and I were at the Hilton, attending a business meeting. Dinner service was slow; meals were served warmed over, not freshly cooked...at least that is the way it tasted. Our waiter was friendly, and offered to get another meal from the kitchen, but that was after we had finished....too late.
- Diamond name, diamond service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2013The service was excellent. The food was good and prompt. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for a pre-showJohnDined on 4/13/2013Excellent choice for a pre-show dinner at The Hippodrome. Our waiter, as well as the rest of the staff, were wonderful.Special Features:
- It was a nice place with deliciousBradVIPDined on 4/13/2013It was a nice place with delicious food. The food was priced right although the wine list was very expensive. Nothing else stood out about this restaurant except for the nice view of Camden Yards. In short, not bad, not inspiring.Special Features:
- Hey, you're eating in a hotel.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Hey, you're eating in a hotel. But the beer was good and the staff friendly.
- exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2013Accommodated my mom with her walker - great food - relaxed atmosphere.
- Place to go Prior to an O's Game!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2013The Tavern was packed but we got out table immediately. The service was excellent and the food was awesome!Special Features:
- Eight of us had lunch reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Eight of us had lunch reservations for 11:45 AM. We did get seated promptly which was good but then we waited over an hour to get our orders. There was a long wait before we placed the orders but it was over an hour before we saw the food! And the waitress never came back to check on us! There was a large Mary Kay conference going on, which we were a part of, but that should have been known to management and they should have been prepared for that many people. There is a convention center there so it's not like it was a one time thing. Despite all of that, AFTER we called the manager over, he was gracious to us. We were not charged for out lunches which was kind but I doubt that I'll go to that restaurant again!