3761 Laclede Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.diablitoscantina.com/
- Phone: 3146444430
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily at 11AM! Kitchen closes at 11PM Monday-Saturday & 10PM Sundays. Bar closes at 1:30 on Friday and Saturday nights!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
- Special Events: Cinco de Mayo Party starting at 9am!
A word from Diablitos Cantina
Diablitos Cantina, where you can make friends, meet friends while gathering over great food and amazing cocktails. Come visit us and see where the little devils play today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Diablitos Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good Mexican FoodOnADateDined on 7/16/2014I am an avid Mexican food lover and had not been to Diablitos before. Their menu is slightly different from the traditional Mexican restaurant you might go to. They have "street tacos" which is cool, however I didn't have them (I'm pretty impartial to another St. Louis Mexican restaurant known for their tacos....). They also have a quite a few different enchilada dishes which I liked because I normally would order chicken enchiladas, but again I did not. I went with the chicken fajitas. Wasn't much chicken but it actually filled me up. Didn't like how they only gave you 3 tortillas (you can buy more for $0.25/each). The salsa bar was cool and came free with fajitas (normally $3). The patio was nice and the service was great. Would return.Special Features:
- Diablitos Cantinaterri4391Dined on 7/11/2014Eclectic atmosphere with interesting variety on the menu and really good service. Highly recommend this place if you like Mexican!Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the Diablitos Cantina reviews archive.
- WORST PLACE EVER!eeleyeVIPDined on 5/18/2014Worst dining experience I can remember! This place absolutely is HORRIBLE. Almost all of the tables had dirty plates on them, had to have one cleaned off just to eat. Had EXTREMELY bad service, had to wait to order food for about 15 min, had to stop waitress to get her to take our orders, then no waters, then didn't bring the chips that came with the fajitas...salsa bar was almost empty and it was only 7pm. Food took another 30 min, and the rice wasn't even cooked. Waitress never refills waters, which is awesome with spicy food! Wouldn't bring check or a box so we could leave this horrible place. I will never go back, so diablitos please don't let your staff leave, I won't have to worry about this again!
- Good food, Slow servicegoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014We were very pleased with the food that we had at Diablito's on Mother's Day, when we finally received it. Our server was not very attentive and it took about 45 min. to receive our food after we ordered it. When we did get it, we only got 3/4 of the food because my son's tamales weren't done yet (3 of us ordered tamales). After we brought it to our servers attention that we were getting annoyed she began to be more attentive and the manager came out to check on us. The food was very good. We had tamales and tacos and they were excellent! My husband and I have been there several times for drinks and we were treated like royalty. The bartender was so attentive and informative about all of the different tequilas.Special Features:
- do not go on May 5thfoodmanVIPDined on 5/5/2014Took over 45 minutes to get a margarita.....limited menu not mentioned on open table when we booked...no silverware given when dish arrived.
- Great Food, Great TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Diablitos is perfect for a date or a family dinner. The food is amazing, the salsa bar is a key feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and funJulesDined on 4/4/2014Food was so fresh and authentic! Went there before seeing s show at the Fox. Service was Service, food and atmosphere was excellent. I was with my family and we all want to go back! Street tacos and salsa bar .. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining at DiablitosmpmccuDined on 3/29/2014Great place to dine before going to the Fox Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!FoodieguyDined on 3/28/2014The food was excellent. The whole experience exceeded all of my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014I was a little skeptical with some of the reviews, but I am glad we went. The food was great we had never been there before and had questions on the menu and the server brought out sample for us to try. All the different salsas were great there was a good variety to choose from so pay the $2. We had guacamole and cheese dip appetizers and they were great very fresh guacamole. Would recommend and would go again. On the menu they have an option to buy a drink for the crew and we did were the most popular people in the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wasn't cooked well chickendissatisfiedDined on 2/14/2014Food wasn't cooked well chicken was overdone steak fajitas were stringy waitress didn't look very clean either. Not worth the $50 we paid
- The Worst Mexican RestaurantrebecashortsDined on 2/14/2014Our server was fairly new. My friends and I were understanding of her poor knowlege on the menu and tried to be patient with her sloppy service. We started off with the endless salsa bar and were uninformed that we would all have to walk through the restaurant to the salsa bar itself, extremely inconvenient! The salsa bar had many flavors to choose from, all terrible! The drinks were awful, with warm beer served in a can, and even their specialty drink "Michilada" was served with a cup filled with nasty spices and a can of beer to pour yourself! The Street Tacos were cold and soggy, or tasted like it came out of a can of cat food. Yuck! everything smelled terrible and taste was all wrong. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- My new favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Love, love. love this place! We enjoyed an early evening dinner and everything was amazing. We, of course, tried the house margaritas and the salsa bar to start things off. Then to the entrees - the burritos and vegetarian fare all seasoned and cooked perfectly! Even though we hadn't left room for dessert, we "forced" ourselves to try the churros and sopapillas! A great way to top off the night. Also, our server was great. She was friendly, pleasant and professional - I feel bad that not everyone in the restaurant got to have her wait their table! We will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Perfect!DennyDined on 2/14/2014Was a great place, affordable menu with three boys. Salsa Bar was wonderful. $2 tacos were great! Waiter was friendly and so very helpful and attentive! Easy to get too, right on SLU campus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the tacos!STLFoodieVIPDined on 2/12/2014I brought my STL Food Lovers Meetup group here because they have a huge table that easily accommodated 15 of us, because of the salsa bar that has like 10 different fresh salsas for only $2, and because the tacos are OUTSTANDING! For $2 each, you can choose from over 10 types! What a deal! Everyone loved it, and especially enjoyed trying the different flavors. I personally have loved the pulled pork, regular beef, gringo, and fish. Great experience with our large group - and I frequent alot on my own for a quick, cheap bite. Our server was excellent keeping our orders going and the food and drinks coming. Thank you!Special Features:
- Food and Decor make it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014The food was delicious -we had several different street tacos and they were fresh and tasty. The salsa bar was fun for our 8 year old - great opportunity to try some new tastes. Our service was fine - not bad or good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Dine - Will Be Back!keladewigDined on 12/21/2013Had a group of 4 adults and 2 children. Really liked the salsa bar, though it would have been nice to have cilantro as an optional topping. Street tacos were a tremendous value - $2 each and about twice the size of a usual street taco with several delicious choices. Excellent selection of margaritas/tequila. We dined after a Sat matinee at the Fox, so it was pretty deserted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.acp1Dined on 11/30/2013Very good food and service. They use the local melted provel cheese and if you like it you'll love the sauce. If not, ask for it on the side or to leave it off the delicious tamales.Special Features:
- Loved the salsa bar! Way toorebel4Dined on 11/24/2013Loved the salsa bar! Way too much ice in the pitcher of margaritas ...didn't leave much room for the margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the salsa bar! SomeSTLeatsDined on 11/23/2013Loved the salsa bar! Some in our group of seven did not like the idea of paying $2 per person and opted out, but it is well worth it and I am sure the restaurant cuts down on wasted product. The street tacos were good and they have a large selection of them. Diablito's is a great stop before the theater or any event at SLU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceirishgirlDined on 11/9/2013Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The food was very good and the the house sangria was very good too. I will be ordering that again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go if you are in a hurry!SLUmomZDined on 9/27/2013Great food! Crispy thin, hot fresh tortilla chips & fresh salsa bar. Great happy hour & fantastic variety of Mexican specialties to choose from. Just don't be in a hurry to leave - service is extremely slow. Good thing we had good company and plenty to catch up on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioSheilaDined on 9/14/2013We sat on the back patio with the fire pit. It was great. We loved the salsa bar and the new menu is wonderful for ordering several kinds of tacos to share. We stayed long after the food was done. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMMM!!CHITTLES2Dined on 9/6/2013We love authentic Mexican food!! While in Mexico we always leave our resort to seek out the locals. This is the closest we've found in STL to our experiences in Mexico!! DELICIOUS! The salsa bar was an exciting surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, just a little slowGrouonerDined on 8/2/2013The food was amazing but we had a brand new waitress and she kept telling us how over whelmed she was. 35 minutes after ordering the margaritas we finally got them. We did have to order the chips and salsa bar three times before we got them, but the fresh salsa bar was awesome! Friday night at 6:45 is just a very busy time for them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Afternoon at DiablitosWFNJDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2013Got finished with appointments early one afternoon and decided to try Diablitos for a late lunch. We sat outside in their covers "porch" area....cute décor. Most f the lunch traffic was gone...only two other tables inside. Great tunes playing (selected by the bartender we were told) our server told us about their famous salsa bar. $2 each gets you Warm never ending baskets of homemade chips PLUS get you choice of any or all of the 12 different fresh salsas. She saved us the trip and brought us small dishes of all to taste. We were welcome to more but we still has lunch coming! We indulged in a pitcher of Margaritas (really good house style) and enjoyed Pastor Tacos & La Isla Burrito. I thought the braised pork was delicious! We will repeat!Special Features:
- Diablitos DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/21/2013Had a craving for Mexican food so decided to try Diablitos for the first time. Was excited to realize the restaurant was in the space that formerly housed Colorado, which was a great restaurant in its day. Diablitos is anything but great. The service was mediocre at best. Both the chicken and steak fajitas were disappointing--the chicken was dry and tough, and both meats had been overspiced with a blend that was not even remotely Mexican. The steak fajitas were initially served without any steak and we were later told that the waitresss had made a mistake in bringing the sizzling plate out too early. Definitely will NOT return nor can I recommend this restaurant to others.
- Dinner at DiablitosOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2013We are very impressed with this place. Great food, and the salsa bar is fantastic. Only Mexican place that I have ever been to that offers such a great selection of wonderful salsas. The only problem we had was that the piped-in music outside where we were seated was extremely loud and couldn't be turned down. Very hard to have a conversation. Other than that, a wonderful experience, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salsa Bar? Yes, please!BroadwayFanVIPDined on 7/5/2013Who cares that you have to pay for endless buckets of chips and countless trips to the salsa bar - it's all fantastic! You could easily load up on the $2 chips-and-salsa bar, but the main menu is full of good options (including some very tasty and fulfilling stuff for vegetarians).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mexican foodBrianVIPDined on 5/31/2013There are a few different kinds of mexican places in St. Louis that you may go to for different reasons: - Places with less ambience but awesome more authentic mexican food. I think of places on Cherokee Street in South City. - Places that are fun and laid back bars with a happy cinco de mayo feel all the time, regardless of whether the food or drinks are good. Many of these places are chains and somewhat kitschy. I believe Diablitos has mastered the best of both worlds. Their food is very good... I don't know that I would say authentic mexican but good portions, well prepared, and the salsa bar with like 10 salsas is a must-do. At the same time the character and feel of the place is fun and festive but not gaudy. Great spot!Special Features:
- Wonderful service, great foodJasonKDined on 5/12/2013Wonderful service, great food and awesome salsa bar - what more can you ask for? The ambiance was fantastic and the staff were phenominal. Would definitely go back, especially since my 3 kids also loved the food.Special Features:
- Great Mexican FoodfoodiechicaDined on 5/4/2013We loved the atmosphere, service and amazing food. The salsa bar was unique and great selection of salsa from mild to hot. I had the tamales and they were just like homemade and the best tamales I have had in St. Louis. We took home churros that were perfect for dessert. Will definitely return for more great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific findBuckoDined on 5/3/2013Very pleased to find this restaurant. My first experience with fish tacos and they were delicious. Also wonderful "homemade" guacamole. Entered on a cool, rainy night and immediately felt at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Time Only for UsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013Food was strictly fair. Alcohol expensive. Even the non-free salsa bar was just ok.
- We were there on a quiet afternoon.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013We were there on a quiet afternoon. The staff was friendly and attentive and the food was great!Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/11/2013We were excited when entering the restaurant after viewing the creative exterior iron statures and wall paintings and the interior decorations. Unfortunately the food and drinks didn't live up to the creative decorations.Special Features:
- We had a great time and ourcatkellyphotoDined on 3/23/2013We had a great time and our server, Chris, was fantastic!Special Features:
- My husband and I thought theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013My husband and I thought the food was excellent. We both love to try new Mexican flavors and it's our favorite type of cuisine. We also LOVE margaritas. While the food was great, the house margaritas tasted like straight tequila. There was really no margarita flavor to them whatsoever. We were very disappointed in the margaritas.Special Features:
- Had a great time! We willOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013Had a great time! We will go back, great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent menu and service.localfindDined on 3/4/2013Excellent menu and service. Mexican with a real fresh twist !! Loved the pulled pork tacos with pineapple salsa. Was a real find for us. Will definitely return.Special Features: