Di Valletta Restaurant
Grandover Resort, 1000 Club Road
Greensboro, NC 27407Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Di Valletta Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandover.com/#grandoverresort/dining/divalleta
- Phone: 3368344877
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Richard Zinser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Di Valletta Restaurant
Enjoy breathtaking views of Grandover Resorts lush garden and the rolling terrain of our East golf course in DiValletta, Grandovers AAA awarded restaurant. The elegant dining room features a large ceiling mural themed after Malta, a Mediterranean Island south of Sicily. Enjoy our affordable, upscale cuisine prepared in an open kitchen. If it is Chilean Sea Bass crusted with Macadamia Nuts over Black Truffle Risotto and Porcini Mushroom Cream Sauce or a Southern favorite of Lobster and Shrimp served over local Stoned ground Grits with Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar, DiValletta's Chef's are sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Di Valletta Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Surprised but Shouldn't Have BeenNeighborVIPDined on 8/11/2014Had dinner since we were there. Never had eaten there other than for a business breakfast. Dinner was a treat! Had halibut francese and friend had a lovely fish atop a lobster risotto. Both were wonderful. Service was very nice, and aiming to please, but a tiny bit rushed. Would never hesitate to return. Nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food...service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014our waitress walked passed our table several times before being told she was to service our table. We waited for almost 15 minutes before service. The food on the other hand was great! Cooks superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJebrelandDined on 6/21/2014Some of the best food I have ever had. I would recommend them to every and anyone .Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the Di Valletta Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good time great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2014Very nice brunch, great atmosphere, lovely resort.Special Features:
- Not pleasedDoctorDined on 3/19/2014The Hotel itself is beautiful, but there were a couple of issues with dinner and loud noises. The food was very good but the table near us had a small party (birthday) and was very loud and obnoxious. When fine dinning, one does not expect not being able to have a quite conversation due to the screaming at other tables. The other issue was the party seem to carry on into the hotel room with screaming at 3:00 am. Dr. Reilly
- The 4 of like the overall.FredVIPDined on 3/1/2014The 4 of like the overall. One lady got a salad and was not dressed with nuts, cheese or dressing. The same lady ordered lobster and the waiter did not serve any butter. For such a nice resturant you would think the kitchen and server would pay more detail to preparation and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took a friend there forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014I took a friend there for her birthday lunch. We had a beautiful view from our table. Food was very good. Unfortunately, our service was less than stellar. Restaurant was not busy and yet we waited 10 mins before our waiter showed up. He immediately wanted to take our food order. I politely asked if he would take our drink orders first (we didn't even have water to our table). He seemed put out by the request. Once he returned, we ordered our food. It arrived in prompt manner. We barely finished before our waiter brought our check. Once again, I said politely that we would like to order coffee and dessert since we were celebrating a birthday. Once again he seemed annoyed. Go figure maybe he was having a bad day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014We had Valentine's DInner at DiValetta, where we have been for lunch and dinner numerous times over several years. We only reserved about a week out so we are thinking that is why we didn't enjoy where our table was located. We have always had a table with a great view until this night. The food and staff have always been great for all our meals. It is a beautiful restaurant and we have always enjoyed our meals. We just need to reserve well in advance for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!!summersDined on 2/15/2014It was our first time there and we were very impressed. I never thought that I could love anyone else's cheese cake more that The __________________, but the cheese cake was the best that I had ever had! Loved the magic show, nice touch to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ATMOSPHERE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014Food was excellent and they took very good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible servicechichi0414VIPDined on 9/22/2013First of all, they couldn't find our reservation after I received a confirmation email from open table. After waiting for 10 mins at the door, we were finally seated, without the high chair i requested so I had to ask twice to get a high chair. Then we sat at the table for 10 minutes without anyone coming by our table to take our drink order and I had to go up to the receptionist to ask for our waitress. Finally they got someone to come to our table to get our drink order, but she was very hard to find and never stop by our table by herself to get us refill or clean our used plates. we had to get someone else several times to get refills. Even at the end we waited 10-15 mins before I can locate her and ask for our check. TERRIBLE service !
- The best brunch choice in the Triad2style4uDined on 8/18/2013My family and I truly enjoy our brunch experience each time we visit. However, we noticed the restaurant score on Sunday. Personally I was shocked that DI Valletta received a 93.5. For the price, this is unacceptable. I hope this has been corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for the priceAmybDined on 8/17/2013The wonderful smell of steak made us all want one!! The steaks were very bland and not worth the money we spent. They ran out of pita bread. The restaurant should have been packed since the Wyndham golf tournament was in town but there were only a handful of people in the entire restaurant!Special Features:
- Dinner DelightcbeatsDined on 7/19/2013I've lunched at Di Valletta many times, enjoying the elegant setting, excellent service (from Sharon especially) and creative and delicious food. So I wasn't surprised when the dinner menu was so enticing. There were 6 in our party and everyone had something deliciously different. OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place to celebrateLUV2DINEOUTDined on 7/14/2013This is a great place to celebrate any occasion or not. Beautiful inside and out. The service is "excellent" and the staff is friendly and accommodating. We all enjoyed this fabulous dining experience. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Depends on the day.keyluvleeDined on 6/29/2013I love eating here most of the time. It depends on the chefs mood at times, if the food is consistent. There have been several times when I have had to send my salad back because of the quality of the lettuce [everyone know that the closer you get to the core, it gets bitter] and because the wings have not been cooked all the way through. The food is really good when it is cooked with time and pride like a chef should. I really enjoy the staff and for the most part that has what has been keeping me coming back. They are friendly and accommodating and never hesitate to ensure that if something is not to my liking, that it is prepared correctly. They are a wonderful group and Koi the restaurant manager is Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful brunchConsumer1Dined on 6/2/2013Restaurant was beautiful setting with plenty of large windows opening up to well-manicured areas. The service was superb. The food was good, but could perhaps use a bit more seasoning. The biggest problem I had was with the scrambled eggs -- we were about the 10th people in line after the brunch began so they hadn't been sitting for hours-- but they were dried-out egg crumbles. I didn't taste them because they looked so unappetizing. Perhaps they could cook all the eggs to order, not just omelets. Overall, it was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBIllVIPDined on 5/25/2013I chose Di Valletta for my daughters college graduation lunch because I had good experiences there before. The food was fine. The service was not. The restaurant was not 40% full but yet our table was jammed against the service area with wait staff buzzing much to close. I order 2 bottles of Cakebread Chardonnay for a toast by due to overfilling of the glasses needed to order a third to have enough for the 11th glass have any wine. The biggest issue was we were still eating our main course when the waitress informed us that if we wanted dessert we would need to order it immediately since it was 2:25pm and the kitchen closed at 2:30.Not the level of service expected at a $600.00 lunch. When I left I tried the find a manager and could not.
- very nice and classyRandyCDined on 5/19/2013All staff were incredibly attentive except our waitress who basically did the disappearing act throughout dinner; otherwise food was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Evening at Di VallettaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2013My wife and I, our three girls and our oldest's boyfriend had a Mother's day eve dinner at Di Valletta at Grandover resort. The menu had quite a plethora of options. Most of our children ate off the children's menu. Our waitress was happy to offer suggestions to accomodate my plant based eating habits. Service was timely and not overbearing. Two in our group had steaks that were prepared exactly as ordered and were enjoyed. My meal of a salad followed by a plate of wild rice and broccollini was flavorful and very good. The children were entertained by the wedding that took place on the lawn outside the resaurant. Beautiful views from the restaurant and it was nicely decorated. We will return for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Our waiter was kind, helpful, respectful and went above and beyond that of an average/normal waiter in this type establishment. Please thank him by advising him of this note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andHSmithDined on 5/4/2013The food was delicious and the staff could not have been more helpful in answering our questions. The restaurant seems to be able to run very smoothly even with 16 people at one table!Special Features:
- I had a great time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I had a great time at the restaurant. They had a nice variety of food.Special Features:
- Been here on special dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Been here on special date with my husband and with 2 young kids....it's a great overall restaurant (& resort that it's in!)Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013The food was good and the deserts were very good. My husband was disappointed that breakfast food wasn't offered for the Easter brunch. Also we had to wait 20 minutes before we were sited even though we had a reservation.
- Very disappointed in the HolidayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Very disappointed in the Holiday buffet. Will not return.
- The Sundy Brunch was excelent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013The Sundy Brunch was excelent. My wife and I have dined there once before when we had visited from Texas, now that we live here we will enjoy it more often.Special Features:
- Everything was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013Everything was very good. the sea bass was a little dry. the wine selection was overpriced and limited. Otherwise good and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- All entrees were wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013All entrees were wonderful! The shrimp pasta was to die for! Didn't have the best waiter, but still a wonderful experience. Chocolate chip rice puddding not that great, but like I said, entrees were wonderful! Also went to breakfast there and the food was wonderful and our waitress was super nice and helpful :)Special Features:
- We were there between lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We were there between lunch and dinner. Our food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Booth was a tad bit dark,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Booth was a tad bit dark, however the food and the service made up for it. This is our second experience at Di Valletta Restaurant and the prices, quality of the food and the ambiance is the best we have found in the Greensboro area without having to travel outside of Greensboro such as to Charlotte or Raleigh.Special Features:
- Love to do this for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013Love to do this for a special night. Great food, relaxed pace but not too slow. Make sure to ask for a booth. Make time to have a drink at the bar out front by the huge fireplacesSpecial Features:
- We had a very nice romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2013We had a very nice romantic Birthday dinner at Di Valletta. Filet and Sea Bass were excellent!Special Features:
- Very consistent for both serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012Very consistent for both service and quality of food.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012Everything was excellent! The food was fresh and hot. The server was very attentive. I enjoy the Sunday Brunch every time I go.
- This is a lovely four starKathyVIPDined on 10/15/2012This is a lovely four star hotel, but my experience both in the restaurant and banquets is less than four star. We had a business dinner with 5 people. My entree choice was short ribs risotto. It came lukewarm, soupy and just a few shreds of meat. Not nearly worthy of the approximately $28 price. My chopped salad first course was good. Service was attentive. This is not a destination restaurant, but adequate for travelers staying at the hotel.
- Great restaurant for the hotel.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2012Great restaurant for the hotel. Nice to have such a quality bar and restaurant so that you do not have to leave. All service staff from the bar to restaurant we so efficient and pleasant . Will be in April for marketSpecial Features:
- This is one of the very fewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2012This is one of the very few hotel restaurants I love. Always wonderful food and great service. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Delicious BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2012As we were visiting our daughter for Elon's Parent's Weekend, we wanted to treat her to someplace special and were totally blown away by this gorgeous setting. Our waiter was very personable and attentive and the food was delicious. We will definitely be back as I can only imagine how beautiful and romantic the dinners must be!Special Features:
- Have been to restaurant severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Have been to restaurant several times in the past year and everytime the food and service are great!!Special Features: