2124 Northbrook Ct
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.di-pescara.com/
- Phone: 8474984321x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mychael Bonner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Seal important business deals when you order from our crowd pleasing Office Catering Menu. Call 847.498.4321 or email Stephanie Loeffler with Special Events and Meetings for more information at DiPescaraParties@leye.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Many guests are surprised to find out the Di Pescara has three distinctly different private rooms. With seating from 10 - 250 people, consider Di Pescara when planning your next social or business event.
Seal important business deals when you order from our crowd pleasing Office Catering Menu.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Loeffler 8474984321x
- Special Events: Many guests are surprised to find out the Di Pescara has three distinctly different private rooms. With seating from 10 - 250 people, consider Di Pescara when planning your next social or business event. Call 847.498.4321 or fill out a party inquiry form at http://www.di-pescara.com/inquiry/parties.html .
A word from Di Pescara
Di Pescara is named for an Italian fishing village on the Adriatic coast known for its fresh fish and seafood. Our signature dishes include our Chopped Salad, Almond Crusted Whitefish and Hand Rolled Sushi. Open for lunch and dinner daily, we offer convenient curb-side carryout and boast 3 private dining rooms seating 14 to 140 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Di Pescara - Best Restaurants in Northbrook ›
Di Pescara reviews from OpenTable diners
372 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (159)great for lunch (128)special occasion (107)good for groups (97)fit for foodies (85)kid-friendly (41)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (30)great for brunch (23)romantic (20)notable wine list (17)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2014we ate at di pescara with 9 people. 3 meals were sent back, too dry, too greasy, . Soooo bad. Waiter never asked if we needed more water, or if we wanted coffee or tea. the whole experience was so bad. they might need a new chef and retrain their waiters.
- TOO LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014We were a party of four, Saturday evening on a Labor Day weekend. We had not been to Di Pescara in the last couple of years and five minutes after being seated we remembered why. The noise level prohibited ease of conversation. At our cozy four-top, it was impossible to hold a conversation without repeating many parts of basic conversation. Three out of four have excellent hearing, so this was not the issue. We frequent other venues and don't have this issue. If we make it back, it'll be on the early dinner side or very late....if we return at all.
- Great service & Fantastic Food!KeithDined on 8/31/2014Really enjoyed our date here after seeing a movie. Everything was delicious and plentiful. Left feeling very satisfied and will definitely be coming back......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good asualcarlDined on 8/30/2014Never asked if second glass of wine or drink wanted. Never brought more bread. Lobster salad or Louie not as good as in the past.Special Features:
- Good food... that's about it.SuiteLifeDined on 8/29/2014Good food and priced right, but the noise level is definitely not conversation friendly and the tables are small and too close together. You are literally bumping elbows with the people next to you. Went on a busy Saturday night and our waitperson was essentially overwhelmed. A manager came by to take our orders.
- Kudos!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014The gentelman that handled reservations on Fri. 8/20, is a sweetheart! We were running late & he changed the reservations to 30 minutes later & we still got seated in the bar without waiting! SERVICE is AS IMPORTANT to me as the quality of food! Good Job!Special Features:
- DependableDMGMDVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went just for hamburgers which were very good. Went for an early dinner so it was relatively quiet. Server was very attentive and fun.Special Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 8/29/2014We were there to celebrate my friend's birthday. The food was wonderful as usual, however, our server was very pushy with an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice menuNolaDined on 8/28/2014Brought my mom there from out of town and really enjoyed it. Many options including meat, seafood, and Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, knowledgeable servicevinoamoreDined on 8/28/2014We were immediately greeted by our kind, energetic waiter. He was knowledgeable about the basic menu, as well as the specials and the wine list. It was a wonderful experience overall! I would highly recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- much improved....nevercookagainDined on 8/27/2014My family stopped coming for a while due to issues with the food and service; however, we gave it another try, and Di Pescara gets kudos once again!Special Features:
- Just GoodVenusDemiloVIPDined on 8/24/2014I was very disappointed with the poor quality customer service of my waitstaff. The manager was fantastic! The food was very good. I was very upset that tiles on the floors were coming up and loose in the lobby, walls were dirty, and the noise level due to the small size of the place was very high!
- Outstanding Service & SpecialsBobDDined on 8/23/2014I wish the waiter we had a DiPescara could run a training school for other wait staff, because he made an already excellent experience just about perfect. He was friendly, attentive and well-informed about the menu, and would quickly appear when needed but otherwise left us to set the pace of the service--ideal! On the food front, the salmon and lobster specials were outstanding, and I never thought of DiPescara as strong on desserts, but I do now. The Michigan sour cherry pie was warm, flaky perfection.Special Features:
- DeliciousStephDined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great service. Overall super place to eat. Same complaint as I had last time I ate there - too cold. Really spoiled what could have been a perfect experience. We all froze:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Food was terrific. We had a reservation for 7:15 and were seated at 7:35. Seemed like they were short on wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Prices Too Expensive!LaurieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We always love to have dinner here, but they've taken off their value wines ($6.95) by the glass and now the wines are minimum $8 -$9 and most were $11-$14! We won't go back again due to these high prices! They used to be reasonable.....they're always packed! Don't they make enough profit?
- Wonderful WaitressveganstylistVIPDined on 8/22/2014It's a pleasure to go to an establishment and know that the wait staff is knowledgeable. Our waitress was fantastic. Knew when to be available, knew the menu, made recommendations and was just perfect. In all my reviews, this is the first time I was in awe and I do not know this lady!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LucindaDined on 8/22/2014Although the food was plentiful and good, I would not recommend this restaurant. The noise level is extremely high which makes it difficult to hear the people at even a table for 4. The restrooms as well as the hallway could have used a cleaning by 2:30 - 3:00 when I went in there.
- Consistantly GoodStanDined on 8/22/2014Once again we had a very delicious and enjoyable lunch experience. This is one of our local favorites.Special Features:
- noise levelpeng60Dined on 8/18/2014the noise level in the dining area was way over the top. so noisy that it was difficult to hear each other at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that Lobster!SeasaidhVIPDined on 8/18/2014Took a friend here for lunch. she had a small salad (that's why she's so svelte) and I asked if they could do the whole lobster special for lunch - and they did! Even though it wasn't on the lunch menu. The lobster here outshines Bob Chin's by a long shot -- it tastes so much fresher and it's sweet and just wonderful. I hope to make it back a few more times before the special ends. And really, how do you beat $22 for lobster at lunch? Amazing! Our server was wonderful too -- he was there when we needed him, not intrusive when we didn't need him and he was a nice and funny guy -- really this was a great lunch! Their salads are huge too -- my friend ordered the small and it was crazy big. Great value!Special Features:
- College send offBkl33Dined on 8/17/2014The food is great here! From burgers to ribeye, great shrimp and lots of great fish choices! If somthing isn't right they will fix it! Now that's great service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have always enjoyed coming here. We did feel rushed by our waiter on this occasion. Our entrees arrived at the table and we had not yet quite finished our salads. Dessert, which was thoughtfully provided to us at no charge as we were celebrating our anniversary, also came almost immediately as we finished our entrees. As we were closing out, the waiter told us he was heading into the city to attend a party, so perhaps that was why we were hurried some. Overall, we enjoyed our experience. We just didn't like the rushed feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmealsVIPDined on 8/14/2014As usual, the service was exemplary. And the food was just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our flavorites!GrabadinerskiDined on 8/9/2014Always a great experience and one of our flavorites! If you're not picky, sit at the bar.Special Features:
- Really surprised at the experiencedianeVIPDined on 8/9/2014I am generally one who raves about the Lettuce entertainment restaurants as the food is generally very consistent and reliably good so I was surprised about DiPescara. 1) I had a salad with grilled salmon, and the salmon was way over cooked, dry and really small portion; 2) someone in the group ordered grilled shrimp for entry with asparagus, she commente at the really small portion and esp. the price when the bill came, $25.95 was really high (if known in advance she would not have ordered) and 3) the ladies bathroom did not have TP. The stall I used had a box of kleenex on the floor. Really surprising. Service was good and we will try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinkyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed eating here as always the food and serving were great!! The only thing wrong isa mix up of our bill. Once they straighten it out we will return again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady PerformereagleDined on 8/9/2014This Lettuce property has been a popular, casual seafood and light dining option for many years. Good other entree offerings, but I have only had seafood each time I go (several times a year)! this time, excellent Halibut (a bit pricey, done perfectly), last time good crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front of house needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was good, but the experience was compromised by service issues. Had to wait several minutes for my chair so I was able to stare at the filthy carpeting beneath my seat. Long wait for initial greeting and drink order. Deafening sound level.
- mikeDined on 8/8/2014Service was sparce... the food was good but not all of it was served hot. My chicken was tepid at best. Our guests (who do not go out too much) had a good time and enjoyed the evening which was most important. They enjoyed the dinner and the restaurant and the celebration of my nephew's birthday. One good thing is this time the waiter remembered to bring the cake and lit candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPSinPDXDined on 8/7/2014Meh. Busy, and fairly noisy. Food was disappointing - I expect better from this class of restaurant. The planked whitefish was done in a strange manner - the plank was burnt on one side, then the fish was placed on the burned side and apparently broiled. ?? Not how I learned to cook planked fish, but it was okay, not sure that the plank did anything for the taste. And the accompanying "apple watercress salad" had 4 leaves of watercress - not much of a salad.
- Good place for a seafood fixToujourslacuisineVIPDined on 8/7/2014Really enjoyed the louis salad, with mixed seafood.Special Features:
- Foodie2enjoyVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had a large group and enjoyed and very nice evening.Special Features:
- Great serviceShellyDined on 8/4/2014No rush service and very attentive. Nice selection. Noisy, but to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014Service not great, order not correct. good bloody mary, though
- Great lobsterSeasaidhVIPDined on 8/2/2014All four at our table had the lobster, which again was so good. I think it's a lot better than what I get at Bob Chinn's. This lobster seems fresher and sweeter to me, more like what I get on the East Coast. This time, for the first time, we all ordered the "lazy man's" version: they cut it up and do all the work for you. Well, won't do that again. All four plates were cold; I guess in the time it takes for them to cut it up, the lobster looses its warmth. Better to keep it nice an hot in its shell and do the work. Our waitress was really nice and attentive also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Train Your StaffveganstylistVIPDined on 8/2/2014My pet peeve is the water boy pouring water while the edge of the pitcher touches the glass. I don't want someone else's germs nor do I want the backsplash. The waitress was not up to date on the gluten-free menu. She told me they had just changed it-not!! The food was okay and I feel you need to add a side to all your entrees. My son ordered chicken parmigean (sp?) and that is all he received. Not a veggie or a grain. The waitress might have mentioned it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentChibabyVIPDined on 8/1/2014I went for lunch specifically for Maine lobster special"Lettuce" advertised on email -Ate that meal there earlier-LUNCHTIME.i called half hour earlier to make sure it was in-was told they did.5 minutes after ordered, waiter said it would take35 minutes to boil water and lobster. Ten minutes later, he said they HAD NO LOBSTER and the special was for dinner!!!!. REALLY? I reminded them i had it for lunch two weeks earlier, and that i called to check a half hour earlier....!!!!!THAT VERY DAY!!!! They were very apologetic....but it was a comedy of errors....i would have gone elsewhere for lunch that day had it not been for the lobster that was promised.....VERY annoying! They gave us free deserts---I could have lived without them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bocababsVIPDined on 7/31/2014Yummy, as always had a great time thanks for all of the great dinners we will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorryawmaynDined on 7/31/2014Menu Change. Only one sauce per server for veggie people for their pasta. A little disappointing from the last visit.Special Features: