2124 Northbrook Ct
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.di-pescara.com/
- Phone: 8474984321x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mychael Bonner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Seal important business deals when you order from our crowd pleasing Office Catering Menu. Call 847.498.4321 or email Stephanie Loeffler with Special Events and Meetings for more information at DiPescaraParties@leye.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Many guests are surprised to find out the Di Pescara has three distinctly different private rooms. With seating from 10 - 250 people, consider Di Pescara when planning your next social or business event.
Seal important business deals when you order from our crowd pleasing Office Catering Menu.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Loeffler 8474984321x
- Special Events: Many guests are surprised to find out the Di Pescara has three distinctly different private rooms. With seating from 10 - 250 people, consider Di Pescara when planning your next social or business event. Call 847.498.4321 or fill out a party inquiry form at http://www.di-pescara.com/inquiry/parties.html .
A word from Di Pescara
Di Pescara is named for an Italian fishing village on the Adriatic coast known for its fresh fish and seafood. Our signature dishes include our Chopped Salad, Almond Crusted Whitefish and Hand Rolled Sushi. Open for lunch and dinner daily, we offer convenient curb-side carryout and boast 3 private dining rooms seating 14 to 140 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Di Pescara - Best Restaurants in Northbrook ›
Di Pescara reviews from OpenTable diners
390 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (175)great for lunch (126)special occasion (113)good for groups (107)fit for foodies (90)kid-friendly (43)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (38)notable wine list (22)romantic (22)great for brunch (20)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- DisappointingSteakVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have gone here many times and found the food good. This was not the case in our last visit. The food was average at best. The Caesar Salad was very good, my Chop Steak was cold on the inside and did not come with any side at all. My wife had a Turkey Burger, which she could not eat. I tried a piece and I could not describe the flavor, but it was not loike any Turkey Burger I have ever had. this is not what I expect from a Lettuce Restaurant.
- Nice on occasionAdventurousAppetiteVIPDined on 9/19/2014Di Pescara attracts a north shore & older crowd with pricey but tasty food. I think the average age of patrons is 65 years old. The seats are very close to one another so I would not suggest it for a date. The decor and food are good. The service was good this time but is highly dependent on your server (have had bad experiences before). Therefore, it is nice if you are celebrating a birthday or in a group or someone else is paying. I would not suggest it for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious specialsStubbyDined on 9/18/2014I had all of the special offerings they were wonderful I would love to go back again tonightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!RedheadDined on 9/15/2014Run don't walk - this is one of the best restaurants on the north shore. It can get a bit noisy and the service can be a touch slow as it is often very crowded. No one does fish like Pescara, and everything else is grand as well. The tomato bisque soup is to die for, the chopped and orchard salads are my favorites and the new beet salad is loaded with yellow and red beets, french fried shrimp divine, hamburgers and skinny fries terrific, good lobster rolls and pastas and sandwiches. Very varied menu choices and they are great about high maintenance orderers like me - no rolling of the eyes when you want substitutes! Wonderful hot fudge sundaes and desserts are plentiful as a full order, 2 bites, or one bite selections! We love the place!Special Features:
- social1VIPDined on 9/15/2014Always good food, good service, plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayElrnDined on 9/15/2014They have a wonderful chocolate treat for birthdays!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingMarketingproDined on 9/14/2014They did try very hard to accommodate us with a round table for 6. But we were the only party in a back room. it was quiet. The waiter did not seem to know the specials and did not offer until asked. We had to ask about soups. He referred to the salmon selections as just all we have for tonight as specials but was not enthusiastic about describing them. The salads were ok not remarkable. The men all had whitefish and the women all salmon but different preparations. They were good but the salmon servings were pretty small and presentation on all plates was nothing special. We expected a lot more from a Lettuce Entertainment restaurant. The restaurant seemed "dowdy" and cluttered and old.
- Nice TryWillieGVIPDined on 9/13/2014Back room noisy but good food. Service a little overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have dined at Di Pescara a number of times in the past and this experience left us questioning whether we will return. We were seated int he back dining room, facing the corner, which if you have been to the restaurant, its exactly a good spot to be in. The service was sub-par and we couldnt even get the waiter to recommend any wine. Had no refills on water for almost an hour (or more). It was clear that after we had been there for an hour, that given how packed the restaurant was, that they may have wanted us out to fill the table. I feel that when we have a reservation, spending $200+ on dinner, that we shouldnt feel rushed to leave a 4 person table. It was clear from the service that this may have been the case.
- KalljVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have been to Di Pescara many times. This was the first time I did not like my entree, but I think it was me more than the entree as I ordered something new. Everybody I was with had a great meal. I would highly recommend this. Many elderly people early I the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- helpfulPhylliscatDined on 9/12/2014we split a salad ands the main course and they gave us 2 plates already split and didn't make us feel guilty about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodloov2dineDined on 9/10/2014Great selection of salads, fish, etc. a bit noisy, but good service--Special Features:
- DeliciousDebbiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food and service were excellent. There were choices that appealed to all of us. And it all starts with crusty bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always gooddeliciousVIPDined on 9/5/2014the food at Di Pescara is always good -- it is a reliable place to have great food with good service and something for everyone.Special Features:
- Lost it's wayslive2dineoutVIPDined on 9/5/2014One of our former favorites but the service has deteriorated so badly that we will not be spending any time here again. Our server disappeared, if not for the bus boys and the manager we never would have our drinks or dinners. The manager did offer us a complimentary dessert but our server charged us for it, we paid for it because it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get it corrected.
- Neighborhood FavoriteaschaffVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always enjoy the food at this very busy local restaurant. Friendly servers & excellent menu options. Tables closer than we like them and my husband was "bumped" as servers and diners squeezed between him and the diner seated at the table behind him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ServiceSlainteVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I dined on a recent evening and greatly enjoyed our experience. Service at DiPescara is consistently excellent and the entrees always wonderfully prepared. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmealsVIPDined on 9/4/2014I've been to Di Pescara many times for lunch and have enjoyed it immensely so I thought I'd try it for dinner. The food was of the same high quality and delicious. The service was very attentive in the beginning but they seemed to disappear near the end of the meal. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it is because people tend to linger over dinner longer than they do over lunch. We’ll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmealsVIPDined on 9/2/2014The service at DiPescara cannot be beat. The staff is always helpful with explanations and descriptions of the food items as well as accomodating of almost all requests. And your glass of liquid is never empty. The food is always delicious and beautifully presented. A wonderful place to go for a thoroughly enjoyable meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting and eating work herehappy2eatoutVIPDined on 9/2/2014The plan was to meet for lunch and to plan some programming. We were able to do both in a good and quiet environment without being hassled to leave. Everything - including the meeting went well.Special Features:
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2014we ate at di pescara with 9 people. 3 meals were sent back, too dry, too greasy, . Soooo bad. Waiter never asked if we needed more water, or if we wanted coffee or tea. the whole experience was so bad. they might need a new chef and retrain their waiters.
- TOO LOUDNot2happydinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were a party of four, Saturday evening on a Labor Day weekend. We had not been to Di Pescara in the last couple of years and five minutes after being seated we remembered why. The noise level prohibited ease of conversation. At our cozy four-top, it was impossible to hold a conversation without repeating many parts of basic conversation. Three out of four have excellent hearing, so this was not the issue. We frequent other venues and don't have this issue. If we make it back, it'll be on the early dinner side or very late....if we return at all.
- Great service & Fantastic Food!KeithDined on 8/31/2014Really enjoyed our date here after seeing a movie. Everything was delicious and plentiful. Left feeling very satisfied and will definitely be coming back......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mylesDined on 8/30/2014ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT,FOOD IS GOOD SERVICE IS GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good asualcarlDined on 8/30/2014Never asked if second glass of wine or drink wanted. Never brought more bread. Lobster salad or Louie not as good as in the past.Special Features:
- Good food... that's about it.SuiteLifeDined on 8/29/2014Good food and priced right, but the noise level is definitely not conversation friendly and the tables are small and too close together. You are literally bumping elbows with the people next to you. Went on a busy Saturday night and our waitperson was essentially overwhelmed. A manager came by to take our orders.
- Kudos!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014The gentelman that handled reservations on Fri. 8/20, is a sweetheart! We were running late & he changed the reservations to 30 minutes later & we still got seated in the bar without waiting! SERVICE is AS IMPORTANT to me as the quality of food! Good Job!Special Features:
- DependableDMGMDVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went just for hamburgers which were very good. Went for an early dinner so it was relatively quiet. Server was very attentive and fun.Special Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 8/29/2014We were there to celebrate my friend's birthday. The food was wonderful as usual, however, our server was very pushy with an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice menuNolaDined on 8/28/2014Brought my mom there from out of town and really enjoyed it. Many options including meat, seafood, and Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, knowledgeable servicevinoamoreDined on 8/28/2014We were immediately greeted by our kind, energetic waiter. He was knowledgeable about the basic menu, as well as the specials and the wine list. It was a wonderful experience overall! I would highly recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- much improved....nevercookagainDined on 8/27/2014My family stopped coming for a while due to issues with the food and service; however, we gave it another try, and Di Pescara gets kudos once again!Special Features:
- OutstandingPapageorgeDined on 8/24/2014First time dining and was celebrating a birthday. The food was absolutely outstanding and priced fairly. Had a great time !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GoodVenusDemiloVIPDined on 8/24/2014I was very disappointed with the poor quality customer service of my waitstaff. The manager was fantastic! The food was very good. I was very upset that tiles on the floors were coming up and loose in the lobby, walls were dirty, and the noise level due to the small size of the place was very high!
- Outstanding Service & SpecialsBobDDined on 8/23/2014I wish the waiter we had a DiPescara could run a training school for other wait staff, because he made an already excellent experience just about perfect. He was friendly, attentive and well-informed about the menu, and would quickly appear when needed but otherwise left us to set the pace of the service--ideal! On the food front, the salmon and lobster specials were outstanding, and I never thought of DiPescara as strong on desserts, but I do now. The Michigan sour cherry pie was warm, flaky perfection.Special Features:
- DeliciousStephDined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great service. Overall super place to eat. Same complaint as I had last time I ate there - too cold. Really spoiled what could have been a perfect experience. We all froze:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Food was terrific. We had a reservation for 7:15 and were seated at 7:35. Seemed like they were short on wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Prices Too Expensive!LaurieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We always love to have dinner here, but they've taken off their value wines ($6.95) by the glass and now the wines are minimum $8 -$9 and most were $11-$14! We won't go back again due to these high prices! They used to be reasonable.....they're always packed! Don't they make enough profit?
- Wonderful WaitressveganstylistVIPDined on 8/22/2014It's a pleasure to go to an establishment and know that the wait staff is knowledgeable. Our waitress was fantastic. Knew when to be available, knew the menu, made recommendations and was just perfect. In all my reviews, this is the first time I was in awe and I do not know this lady!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LucindaDined on 8/22/2014Although the food was plentiful and good, I would not recommend this restaurant. The noise level is extremely high which makes it difficult to hear the people at even a table for 4. The restrooms as well as the hallway could have used a cleaning by 2:30 - 3:00 when I went in there.