Di Napoli Ristorante & Pizzeria
202 Grand Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080Neighborhood:
South San Francisco
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Di Napoli Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinapolipizza.com/
- Phone: (650) 873-5252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Geovani Olmos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our full catering menu is avaliable on our website and we deliver to South San Francisco, Brisbane, San Bruno, Milbrae and parts of San Francisco.
A word from Di Napoli Ristorante & Pizzeria
Since 1990 we have been specializing in creating the best Italian Entrees and Pizzas on the Peninsula. We love our customers and it shows in our food and service. Our friendly staff always make your satisfaction our number one priority. Our dine-in customers enjoy an intimate,comfortable atmosphere and we can accommodate your group, small to large (up to 25 guests). If you would like to make arrangements for a Private Party or catering for your event, just give us a call and we"ll work with you to help make your event a success!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Di Napoli Ristorante & Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Unexpected find!AmiableVIPDined on 11/20/2014Fantastic minestrone, great pastas, friendly waitresses--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Di Napoli Ristorante & Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Neighborhood GemsfnativegalDined on 4/25/2014Consistently good service, good choices, fresh food!Special Features:
- The pizza was delicious; theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/8/2014The pizza was delicious; the food was good. Front dining area and bar are inviting.Special Features:
- Every Bite A DelightSteveADined on 1/18/2014The room was comfortable and clean. The service was friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely delicious. What more needs to be said?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh PastaEnjoyVIPDined on 1/15/2014This place has very fresh pasta. It's cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEARY TRAVELERVPZ1950VIPDined on 11/18/2013Restaurant was a short 5 minute cab ride from our airport hotel. We had just completed 18 hours in the air and were looking for good, basic food to fill ourselves. Pizza and calamari were both very good and satisfying. Good choices of local beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta Place!EnjoyVIPDined on 10/22/2013Di Napoli Ristorante's pasta is one of the best in the SF Bay Area. Fresh ingredient and wonderful sauce.Special Features:
- Just Like ItalyItalyVIPDined on 10/9/2013My husband was particularly looking for a good lasagna when we chose the Di Napoli. I was willing to share it with him but when I saw cannelloni on the menu with veal and chicken I knew I had to try it. Both of us loved our entrees. It was a quiet atmosphere conducive to conversation. We particularly enjoyed the Italian wine sold by the half carafe. It reminded us of our dining experiences in Italy.Special Features:
- just ladiesck94112VIPDined on 9/30/2013Enjoyed the food and wine, nice service. Thank you.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, goodDateNightVIPDined on 6/8/2013Good food, good service, good prices. Great Caprese saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Misses Than HitsyummytummyDined on 5/31/2013Although we did have a reservation we were seated in no man's land like we were bad kids. Just as our beverages were being brought we were asked to move so they could sit a table for 4. Not wanting to be difficult we moved. Meal was brought in a timely manner piping hot. Canneloni was dry and tasteless. My husband did like his pepperoni & sausage pizza. The 1 plus was the male waiter who was attentive. Prices were average. There was an open window which looked onto a side street whereby I observed various people loitering and smoking. My observation was that this was better as a take out pizzeria than as a restaurant. This restaurant is located on the "seedier" end of dt. South SF, which is slowly trying to become restaurant row.Special Features:
- Once again a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013Once again a wonderful dining experience at this restaurant. It's close to SFO, so if you're flying out early in the morning, and you're staying at a nearby hotel, go here for food. Dinners will be much better than your hotel fare. Treat yourself, you're going away! It is a wonderful restaurant with many different and delectable choices.Special Features:
- We went to Di Napoli afterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013We went to Di Napoli after a long long day at work and it was nice casual dining with good food, and good wine. I would recommend it to people that are just looking for a good solid place to eat with friends and family.Special Features:
- If given a lemon, make limoncello!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Went there for Valentine's Day dinner. My wife and I had been there a couple of times years ago and we decided to try it again. Now, it has doubled in size. We were seated in what I would call the "group" dining area which lacked some of the ambiance of the other dining areas. However, it was Valentine's Day so we understood. We had caesar salad, popette, lasagna, and chicken parmigiana accompanied by a couple glasses of Pinot Grigio. All the food was prepared well and tasted very good. Dessert was a cheesecake with a layer of chocolate ganache for my wife and I had the limoncello. Being a lemon "freak" the limoncello was one of the best desserts I have ever had. Overall, a nice memorable dinner. We will go back!Special Features:
- We were there for lunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/29/2012We were there for lunch and the service was slow. It took a long time before the bread was even brought to our table. It took even longer before our lunch was served. The water flasks were not re-filled. One person from our lunch group did not get their food served at all and we had to chase after the waiter to remind him about her meal. Her meal came when the rest of us finished so we had to turn it away. The food was just average. The service was terrible. I will not return to the restaurant nor would I recommend it. The restuarant has changed. It use to be a great place to have lunch with friends and co-workers and enjoy good Italian food. Not sure if they replaced the cooks but I'm sure the wait staff has changed.
- Great local spot for comfortOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/5/2012Great local spot for comfort Italian food. Kids love the pizzas and bread. The restaurant has many locals and some sport fans that travel also frequent this local spot. It does close late so be sure to stop bye early in the evening.Special Features:
- Cute, quaint restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2012Cute little restaurant with good prices in comparison to many of the OpenTable restaurants (that are higher in price for fine dining). Now, it is not a 4-star restaurant, but that wasn't what we were looking for. It was a short walk from our SFO hotel in what seemed like an old downtownish area of South San Francisco. There is a more casual bar area with a TV and the dining rooms are a lil nicer if you're not looking for too casual. They have some good beer selections, an OK wine list, and the food was pretty good. Service was good with young servers casually dressed.Special Features:
- service was poor to say theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/12/2012service was poor to say the least, there was no interest by the waiter in pleasing us
- Found it through their halfOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/22/2012Found it through their half price deal. Will returnSpecial Features:
- You can get just about thingck94112Dined on 3/22/2012You can get just about thing here, food is good, all the hosts are genuine! Good job here. Call for their take out pizza, always good.Special Features:
- Can here two nights in a row...ck94112Dined on 3/21/2012Can here two nights in a row... no problem, love it.
- This place has really goneTJackeDined on 3/12/2012This place has really gone down hill since it expanded. My arugula & pear salad was seriously lacking dressing. The pizzas were also disappointing.
- So much more than a pizzeria.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2012So much more than a pizzeria. Food was beautifully presented and delicious. Roast chicken, polenta and spinach were amazing. Sea bass was cooked to perfection. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Delicious Italian food near SFO.CCMomVIPDined on 1/26/2012This is a wonderful neighborhood family-run restaurant near SFO and the airport hotels. Whenever flying in or out of SF, we always make a point to eat here. There are tasty standars like ravioli, cannelloni, as well as their own creations -- and their homemade, delicious tiramisu to end the meal. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- The food had a great taste,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2011The food had a great taste, but was cold and that reduced the overall quality of the meal. We (group of 5) went for lunch and the restaurant was busy, which might explain why it took about 30 minutes for our food to hit the tables after we ordered it. Unfortunately, the server was not present or didn't provide any updates. If you plan to go for a workday lunch, don't expect to get out in under an hour.
- Sparsely decorated, the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/8/2011Sparsely decorated, the noise level gets very loud quickly.Special Features:
- We've been going to Di Napoli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2011We've been going to Di Napoli's for years and the one that really stands out for them is the consistency of their great food. We thought that after they expanded the restaurant, that the food quality would go slip (as it happens most of the time) but we have been really happy to know that they still put out the same tasty, delicious and good quality food. Hope it stays this way for as long as it exists and we hope that's like forever!Special Features:
- The new place looks great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2011The new place looks great. I love their fresh pears and arugula salad and the arancinis are to die for! Will definitely recommend for group parties since they have a new banquet room and are willing to accommodate different budgets and service option.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good salad andSteveVIPDined on 10/19/2011Surprisingly good salad and pizza for lunch. I had picked it at random having never dined in South SF. Not a bad find. Feels like an old, slightly frayed restaurant but there seemed to be a good crowd at lunch so the locals must have it on their list.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2011Di Napoli is great for team lunches at the restaurant and for their reliable delivery. We had a group of ten people and our food was prepared quickly, as ordered, and everyone really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- The pizza here was awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2011The pizza here was awesome!!! The salads were very large and super fresh and the price was very reasonable. I was worth the drive from Berkeley!! We will definitely be coming back!!Special Features:
- It has the feel of a neighborhoodSnapperVIPDined on 7/28/2011It has the feel of a neighborhood joint. The food was great and the service was friendly. The wine list was a bit limited, especially by the glass. Wouldn't hesitate to go there again.
- This place is great. My husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2011This place is great. My husband and I had a nice and romantic evening. Our food was excellent. The bottle of wine our waiter choose for us tasted lovely. Excellent service! Excellent food! Nice place! Will defenitely go back.Special Features:
- After dining in the finestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/2/2011After dining in the finest of Italian restaurants in San Francisco and Berkeleyfor over 25 years… this was spot on and a pleasant surpriseSpecial Features:
- True to the cultural taste!LarryVIPDined on 5/2/2011What a GREAT Italian food place! The food (arancini!!! and lasagna) were DELICIOUS, and very traditional/true to what I prefer. My mother only made Italian food growing up because my father is FROM Italy, so my palate is picky unfortunately. On top of that, after living in Sicily for 2.5 years, I have severely missed Arancini! (which I used to make at a Pasticeria in Nicolosi, sorry, reminiscing!) Followed by 2 years around Pisa, it's hard to go to Olive Garden, etc. and "taste" the Italian in their food. GREAT job Di Napoli!Special Features:
- 2nd time a charm, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/20112nd time a charm, food was much better and so was the service!Special Features:
- One of my three colleaguesLambDined on 4/22/2011One of my three colleagues ordered a vegetarian dish but it came out with meat in the first delivery.Special Features:
- nice looking inside, hubbyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2011nice looking inside, hubby happen to have a bad mussel, but overall they were nice to replace it by giving him more or make another dish, which he requested it was ok. service was good. dessert was great, that he enjoy!Special Features:
- We've been ordering takeoutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2011We've been ordering takeout from DiNapoli for years. This is the first time we've dined in. My salmon special was cooked to perfection. The meal was so great we had to try the dessert. UMMMMMM.....delicious.
- Food was only fair. I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2011Food was only fair. I was expecting more for a small italian restaurant.