Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
463 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (227)fit for foodies (177)great for outdoor dining (177)romantic (154)neighborhood gem (148)good for groups (139)great for lunch (133)scenic view (98)notable wine list (91)vibrant bar scene (90)hot spot (89)great for brunch (74)late-night find (44)kid-friendly (25)Show More
- Immaculate!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was delicious and the overall vibe is perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itRandiDined on 9/12/2014Devon was our choice for Restaurant week this year. We loved the specialty cocktails, particularly the Mojito. We ordered lobster bisque which was the best EVER, crab cakes, and 2 desserts, creme brûlée and chocolate mousse cake. Everything was outstanding except the mousse cake which was a little dry. Our waitress was wonderfully attentive and very sweet. In all it was an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekSNfotoDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Week fails to deliver the true courtesy & ambiance that is desired. My date & I had to take an early reservation (5:30pm) & we were one on the few tables there for the first 40 minutes or so when it started to fill up for dinner time. From the very start though, we felt the anticipated rush from the server & the food runners. We were not treated with decent regard until we ordered a bottle of wine, making me feel like the courtesy was extended for the higher check we would receive. Our entrees were also brought out before we even finished our bisque & we had to ask for things like ground pepper, which should have been offered with our meal. As always, the food was delicious, but the experience left something to be desired.Special Features:
- TomicaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Awesome food and great service, had a great time with my husband. Would recommend this restaurant to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly Enjoyed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I visited and as my first time I was impressed!! Food & service was great!! I didn't feel pressured or hurried to order nor eat. My food was delicious as was my drink. Will definitely return & recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014The whole atmosphere was so great and I really love the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentfoodconnoisseurDined on 9/11/2014Devon's never disappoints! I've been dining here for the last 7 years and the food and service are always the same-amazing! I had the lobster bisque which had generous pieces of tender lobster, and for the main course, maple glazed salmon. It was among the freshest, and tastiest salmon I've had! I've come here with many different friends and the general consensus is the same-exceedingly delicious food with great service! I can't wait to dine there again!Special Features:
- Lunch was fantastic!RhondaYDined on 9/11/2014I had the pleasure of recently having lunch here. The server, Paul, was extremely attentive and friendly. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MljoDined on 9/10/2014Quick service. Delicious food. Best lobster bisque I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I went here for Restaurant Week. I had a wonderful experience! The food tasted great and my server was excellent! I will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Seafood GrillReRe1VIPDined on 9/10/2014They have excellent food and are one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslovetoeatDined on 9/10/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food was great! The wait time was horrible, and the waiter was VERY inattentive, which ruined my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TaraDined on 9/8/2014Amazing food, perfect atmosphere, definitely highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Came here for Restaurant Week and thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. Our server was amazing and knowledgeable about the menu and wine to accompany meal. We will def be returning again!!Special Features:
- pinkdaisyDined on 9/8/2014This was a great spot for a dinner meeting with a client. We sat inside but near the outdoor seating and was perfectly placed to view the park outside. Service and Food was very good to excellent. Perfect noise level for any kind of lunch or dinner meeting, not too quiet and not too loud. Great choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We really enjoyed our lunch looking out over Rittenhouse park. The server was friendly and hospitable and the food was splendid, every tasty bite. We were celebrating a birthday and were more than satisfied and happy with our experience.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in PhiladelphiayummayummaDined on 9/8/2014My friend & I came to Devon's for lunch during Restaurant Week. Everything was amazing from the wine to the food and the service. We ate at the perfect time because everyone was clearing out so we had the restaurant to ourselves. The ambience is beautiful and it was quiet. I suggest the lobster bisque, the salmon, and the creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 9/8/2014Devon is a nice place to have lunch with friends. Two of the 3 of us enjoyed our fish dishes very much. The lobster salad was a disappointment and I would not recommend it. We sat in an open area facing Rittenhouse Square which would have been very nice except for the traffic on 18th St - loud trucks and motorcycles. Our server was friendly, attentive, and courteous.
- Great Atmosphereluv2dineDined on 9/7/2014My Wife and I had a great seating location until a server (not our server) asked if we would mind moving. We had our own private special occasion going on but being polite people we are we moved from our initial seating location to allow the other guest to be accommodated. The guest never thanked us or acknowledge us for making this change. I would recommend that the staff not ask another guest to move their seats once they have be seated. It placed us in an awkward situation and the fact that the guest weren't courteous enough to thank us started our dinner off wrong. People remember the bad before the good. Our server was awesome! We met a nice couple who told us next time to ask for Michelle!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I chose this restaurant as a restaurant to try during Philly's restaurant week and it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot! view, food & ambiance!mealmarauderDined on 9/7/2014A++A++ great spot..cant get enough of this place! Great atmosphere, food is always outstanding & service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Menu was mediocre. Just because it is restaurant week, it does not mean you serve the worst foodSpecial Features:
- delish grandparents day brunchElizanyDined on 9/7/2014Took my parents and son to celebrate Grandparents Day. It happened to be Restaurant Week. Lobster bisque and salmon were amazing. Shrimp and grits very yummy but a bit salty. Didn't realize they had a kid's menu with a lobster roll on it. Still love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchCeceDined on 9/7/2014Awesome food and drinks! The biscuits are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014I had the crusted tuna which was overly salty. A fly actually landed in my wine and then one went into my wife's wine. The manager gave us the drinks on the house but it was unnerving.
- Wonderful eveningDogeyedocDined on 9/6/2014We really enjoyed the evening- great food and service. Reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- Not The Grand Central Oyster BarTessaVIPDined on 9/4/2014Devon, unsuccessfully tries to mimic Grand Central Oyster Bar. Replicating the decor, albeit in different tones, is where it stops. Our Ahi Tuna steaks were poorly cut and over cooked. My husband's "steak" varied in thickness and was inedible. Complimented by poor service, one wonders why the "Wine Spectator" put this venue on their recent list. The waiter served lukewarm Bernardus Chardonnay; his presentation was not outdone by his negligent service. We had to pour our wine as he NEVER came back to the table until we obviously stopped trying to eat this display of mush. The chefs have much to learn about preparing seared tuna; this starts at the slicing table. Remedial training required for wait and kitchen staff.Special Features:
- Happy Hour favorite.LammersDelawareDined on 9/2/2014We love the Devon Seafood Grill as our pre-show regular stop. The menu is outstanding, and the happy hour options are well priced and generous portions. Love sitting at the windows looking out on Rittenhouse Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron B.SeafoodloversDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Great atmosphere, service and food. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DadaDined on 8/31/2014We love the Devon and celebrate birthdays and special occasions. The food is delicious and the service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for the price, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Perfect amount of food to fill our bellies without wasting any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard Clark pagerichardDined on 8/30/2014We picked the place based on the menu.when we arrived we were seated right away the server we great our food arrived very fast.the management was visual making sure every table was being taken care of.went back for lunch the next daySpecial Features:
- Great seafood place!cydinesDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great drinks. Lots of great choices of wild caught, and no so typical types of fish (in addition to Tuna, salmon etc). Energetic, but no so loud that you couldn't have a conversation. We declined dessert, as we were too full- but the server knowing it was my mother-in-laws birthday brought a dessert with a candle anyway- nice touch!Special Features:
- JonathanDined on 8/30/2014The food was fine, but the service was quite poor, especially for the price of the meal. The service was not on par with the rest of the food and setting and detracted significantly from the overall dining experience. I would not go back. Perhaps they treat OpenTable customers as less desirable and essentially ignore them.
- GingerDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant experience at Devon was exceptional - as it always is. The food is superb. I recommend their famous crabcakes. There are also options for those who are allergic to seafood. Also, consideration is given to those who prefer gluten and/or diary free food. The service was excellent. Waiters, host, desk personnel are all professional and friendly - a great combination!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Good food but expected better for the price. Just average. Very nice restaurant looking out on Rittenhouse Square. Lots of outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Impeccable service!!DowntownfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter's attention to detail was great. I didn't need to ask for anything the whole night. My meal was cooked perfectly, however the Lobster Mac & Cheese wasn't as good as I remembered. I will try it again next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It was something different to try. I kind of felt like i was at red lobster or something. They didnt really have any discounts unless you drank at the bar. I was expecting more and they didnt even have good bread. The biscuits were alright but the butter goes to waste because they dont have good food.Special Features:
- Great FoodsteakchampsDined on 8/28/2014I am never disappointed anytime I go to this restaurant. The food is great and the service is great as well. I tend to come here for special occasions. I always bring my 4 year old and she is treated just as well as me. Definitely a place to visit. The honey butter biscuits are to die for:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.