Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
534 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)fit for foodies (226)good for groups (177)great for outdoor dining (175)neighborhood gem (173)romantic (169)great for lunch (153)hot spot (103)notable wine list (96)scenic view (94)vibrant bar scene (85)great for brunch (71)late-night find (54)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Went here for my fiancee's birthday dinner. Had a great time. Our waiter Lance was excellent. Our entree were outstanding. Perfectly cooked with excellent flavor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service, noiseeTheoDined on 10/22/2014Very nice place, excellent food, wine selection outstanding. Service also excellent. Would come again and i do recommend. Prices a bit higher than expected.Special Features:
- Solid SeafoodMIckJVIPDined on 10/21/2014The mahi mahi was cooked just right and liked they they could prepare it blackened even if not on the menu. Mussels were good, a little small but could be the batch. Nice happy hour specials.
- Good to Great!PiodineDined on 10/18/2014The last visit to Devon Seafood Grill was for dinner. It was fantastic. We have been there for Breakfast (A+), Lunch (A+), Dinner (A+) and just a sidewalk snack. I can't say enough good. The bad part is.....because we have had such good....everything there, we don't get to experience other establishments in the city, because we can lose going to Devon!Special Features:
- Devon Seafood GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014All of the food ordered was delicious. The ambiance was nice as well and perfect for a special occasion. The only downside was slow service.Special Features:
- Great for seafoodRichDined on 10/18/2014In our party of four three of us enjoyed the seafood grill. The lobster bisque and the raw oysters were very good. The desserts were wonderful and plentiful. The venue was beautiful with all of the tile work and almost looked like an old indoor pool or bath. The wine list was extensive and we chose a nice bottle of Chardonnay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNickey203Dined on 10/17/2014The Food was awesome, and my server was the absolute best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good seafood pleasant settingtootsieVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband had salmon on a plank and I had lobster bisque and crab cakes. All of it was very tasty, although the bisque surprised me with its hot spicinessSpecial Features:
- LesleyeLesleyeDined on 10/16/2014Server was very accommodating and service was excellent. Food came out hot and the was of good quality. I would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOCKLADYSUSADined on 10/15/2014DEVON IS GREAT FOR EVERYONE...you will never be disappointed ...food is good ....servers are friendly and helpful with menu selections.
- favorite place in phillymealmarauderDined on 10/14/2014Favorite spot to eat in the city..been to a few times..cant get enough of the great food & ambiance! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceYakimanVIPDined on 10/13/2014Went here on the recommendations I of a friend. Very good food. Wine list a little thin but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwinTDined on 10/13/2014This visit was enjoyable for our party. I hope they keep the cook that was working on Monday, October 13th forever.Special Features:
- Has Gone DownhillcintydinerDined on 10/12/2014This is the second time I've been back to Devon in the past two month. Both times the food was really bad, fish was overcooked and over seasoned. The waitress was told it was my son's birthday and when I asked her to see the desert menu, she forgot to bring it to us and finally made a selection herself, bringing carrot cake which my son doesn't like!
- Wonderful!Satisfied5Dined on 10/11/2014It was awesome! My cousin which was her birthday and my ideal of writing on my special request to have the waiters/waitress as they walk by to say Happy Birthday Denise worked perfectly!! The food was fast and delicious and our waiter & waitress was awesome. We really loved it & my cousin said that this was such a wonderful birthday that she will never forget. A satisfied Patriot, Ms. CrosbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodiesDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary dinner. We had great service and our meal was on-point!! The goat cheese bruschetta was a great appetizer, we also got the scallops and ahi entrees. They even provided us complimentary champagn during our dessert for our celebration. We would highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Seafood GrillRDM1Dined on 10/11/2014Very good food and service. A bit noisy but still enjoyed the evening and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food...do not recommend for a romantic night out, very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Although we are not from the Philadelphia area, when we do get a chance to stop in (generally for lunch), we are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceJoGoDined on 10/10/2014I met a long time friend who I rarely get to see for lunch at Devon. We had the soup/salad/sandwhich combos for lunch. They were a great value and fantastic quality. Our server could not have been better and was attentive without being pushy.Special Features:
- Awesome Dining Experience!RhondaYDined on 10/5/2014Devon's food is consistently good!! The waiter, Cesar, was EXCELLENT!! Great service, great personality!!! He was very thorough in explaining the menu and specials. Cesar was attentive and pleasant!!Special Features:
- good, but disappointingbam313Dined on 10/4/2014The seafood was delicious, although some items of my entree arrived on the cold side. Service was great until a large party arrived and we were forgotten. We could have left 30-45 mins earlier if our server was more attentive. Atmosphere feels a bit stuffy and for an older crowd.
- DinerDinerDined on 10/4/2014Great experience will return. I have recommended this place before and will continue to do so, excellent dining experience for a Special Occasion.Special Features:
- lovetoeatDined on 10/4/2014This was my second time here first time was on restaurant week. I ordered the same thing I had on restaurant week which was the maple glazed salmon on a cedar plank it was excellent!! I also order the crab cakes as an appetizer they were superb! I will be back again......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!LyonsviewDined on 10/3/2014I treated Mom for her 90th birthday celebration. The service was great from the hostess who took great care and made sure Mom was seated while I parked the car (no valet for lunch) to Trey, our server who was attentive, but not overbearing. I really enjoy when I eat out & the food is prepared well, is beautiful and tastes good. From the crab roll appetizers & sesame seed infused seaweed, to the fillet trout, no filler lump crab cakes, to the melt in your mouth carrot cake (so full I ate at home) & Mom's key lime pie with creative & tasty mango sherbet and pineapple relish......my palette was very satisfied. They even remembered Mom's birthday and put a candle on her key lime pie! Very satisfied with Devon's and will be back again to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 10/3/2014Over the past year I was here a few times and the fish tasted like it had been frozen or out too long. I suspected 2x that I was given fish that wasn't what I ordered. I.e.: ordered opah and got something else and when I asked was told that it was definitely opah. This time I had swordfish that seemed very fresh-it was very good. I was ready to write off Devon, but now I'll go back again.Special Features:
- timsuriah03makanDined on 9/28/2014My dining experience at Devon is always a happy occasion.Special Features:
- Always a WinWhiskeyJimDined on 9/27/2014Devon Grill never disappoints. Always great food.Special Features:
- ExcellentAbelincoln1Dined on 9/27/2014Have been going here for years. Excellent food. Great kids menue. Service great. Great view of ParcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceChesbayboaterDined on 9/27/2014After doing extensive research, we chose this restaurant for my wife's birthday. The experience matched my research.... Mike our waiter was extremely attentive and all about US! The lobster bisque lived up to its reputation and the char crusted ahi tuna was a mouth watering taste I've never experienced before. I tasted my son's linguine and clam dinner.....very very fresh! Valet parking was value added. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone reading this review.Special Features:
- Devon Seafood Grill - PhiladelphiaguatemalazackDined on 9/26/2014Great Food, Great Service. Would likely return again. Good selection of seafood options.Special Features:
- Surprising Delightful Evening!RVAFineFoodsDined on 9/26/2014From the street and parallel to Rittenhouse Square, the grill appears casual, a noisey open to tables on the sidewalk bar scene; as you are guided to your table in the lovely quiet vaulted cream color tiled ceiling room trimmed in dark wood with perfect lighting, white tablecloth dinning room. The servers are knowledgeable, courteous and throughout our visit. A manager, someone from the kitchen area, stopped by to admire the delicious grilled artichokes accompanying 2 of the entrees! The biscuits and amuse bosh were perfect as was the Cookie Box dessert! We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulRetiredGourmetVIPDined on 9/26/2014The lobster bisque is excellent. I tries the Shrimo Tempura Sushi and it was very good. My husband raved about the swordfish and Wellfleet oysters. It is possible to have a conversation without raising your voice at this very popular restaurant.Special Features:
- A great catchCarolineDined on 9/25/2014Since I only had one night in Philly, I wanted to go somewhere with great seafood. The internet pointed me to Devon and I am sure happy it did- everything was spectacular! I thoroughly enjoyed my grilled salmon and highly recommend the lobster mac and cheese. I would most certainly go back the next time I'm in the area!Special Features:
- mediocreLuigiVIPDined on 9/25/2014With expectations that Devon would be in the same league as Ocean Prime, I was surprised to find that this was part of the Houlihan's chain. The service was adequate but the food mediocre. My heirloom salad was passable despite the ice cream dressing but the tuna was weary and overcooked at the edges due to being under the heat lamp too long. The lamp had also destroyed the vegetables and congealed the dressing. Overall substandard and way overpriced
- Just OKVeganKimVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was just ok. Server was indifferent and was annoyed about refreshing my companions' tea. Couldn't get a coffee refill.
- Nice menu - but noisyRoastBeefDined on 9/23/2014Many seafood selections and alternatives. Tasty well-prepared food. Great, professional service. Only negative is the noise level. Fortunately, on a weeknight the room started to empty out and we were able to linger. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- A lovely experienceGr8DevonDiningDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I were celebrating a birthday. It was a romantic and enjoyable dining experience. The food was prepared well and very tasty, the service was excellent and we even got a complimentary birthday dessert. It was a wonderful experience and we plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crab CakesBarbaraManVIPDined on 9/22/2014My crab cakes were great as usual. The artichokes were too spicy. My dining companion was unimpressed with her linguini and clams. I love the cookie box for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsJellybDined on 9/22/2014This was the second time I've been to this restaurant for lunch. I like that when half the party arrives, they can be seated. We were a party of 6 and were seated in the back in a "private" area that sat only 6, thus we were shielded from surrounding chatter and at the end of the meal we weren't made to feel like we had to leave. The food was very good. I like their lobster bisque, the way the bowl comes with pieces of lobster meat in the center and then the bisque is poured over the meat. It could have been a bit hotter heat-wise. I ordered broiled trout again and it was delicious. The asparagus was good. The butternut risotto didn't have enough butternut taste for me. Because we were all full, no one had dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.