Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
553 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (264)fit for foodies (223)great for outdoor dining (194)romantic (185)neighborhood gem (179)good for groups (170)great for lunch (158)hot spot (111)notable wine list (106)scenic view (104)vibrant bar scene (95)great for brunch (79)late-night find (55)kid-friendly (27)Show More
- timsuriah03makanDined on 9/28/2014My dining experience at Devon is always a happy occasion.Special Features:
- Always a WinWhiskeyJimDined on 9/27/2014Devon Grill never disappoints. Always great food.Special Features:
- ExcellentAbelincoln1Dined on 9/27/2014Have been going here for years. Excellent food. Great kids menue. Service great. Great view of ParcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceChesbayboaterDined on 9/27/2014After doing extensive research, we chose this restaurant for my wife's birthday. The experience matched my research.... Mike our waiter was extremely attentive and all about US! The lobster bisque lived up to its reputation and the char crusted ahi tuna was a mouth watering taste I've never experienced before. I tasted my son's linguine and clam dinner.....very very fresh! Valet parking was value added. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone reading this review.Special Features:
- Devon Seafood Grill - PhiladelphiaguatemalazackDined on 9/26/2014Great Food, Great Service. Would likely return again. Good selection of seafood options.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulRetiredGourmetVIPDined on 9/26/2014The lobster bisque is excellent. I tries the Shrimo Tempura Sushi and it was very good. My husband raved about the swordfish and Wellfleet oysters. It is possible to have a conversation without raising your voice at this very popular restaurant.Special Features:
- A great catchCarolineDined on 9/25/2014Since I only had one night in Philly, I wanted to go somewhere with great seafood. The internet pointed me to Devon and I am sure happy it did- everything was spectacular! I thoroughly enjoyed my grilled salmon and highly recommend the lobster mac and cheese. I would most certainly go back the next time I'm in the area!Special Features:
- mediocreLuigiVIPDined on 9/25/2014With expectations that Devon would be in the same league as Ocean Prime, I was surprised to find that this was part of the Houlihan's chain. The service was adequate but the food mediocre. My heirloom salad was passable despite the ice cream dressing but the tuna was weary and overcooked at the edges due to being under the heat lamp too long. The lamp had also destroyed the vegetables and congealed the dressing. Overall substandard and way overpriced
- Just OKVeganKimVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was just ok. Server was indifferent and was annoyed about refreshing my companions' tea. Couldn't get a coffee refill.
- Nice menu - but noisyRoastBeefDined on 9/23/2014Many seafood selections and alternatives. Tasty well-prepared food. Great, professional service. Only negative is the noise level. Fortunately, on a weeknight the room started to empty out and we were able to linger. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- A lovely experienceGr8DevonDiningDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I were celebrating a birthday. It was a romantic and enjoyable dining experience. The food was prepared well and very tasty, the service was excellent and we even got a complimentary birthday dessert. It was a wonderful experience and we plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crab CakesBarbaraManVIPDined on 9/22/2014My crab cakes were great as usual. The artichokes were too spicy. My dining companion was unimpressed with her linguini and clams. I love the cookie box for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsJellybDined on 9/22/2014This was the second time I've been to this restaurant for lunch. I like that when half the party arrives, they can be seated. We were a party of 6 and were seated in the back in a "private" area that sat only 6, thus we were shielded from surrounding chatter and at the end of the meal we weren't made to feel like we had to leave. The food was very good. I like their lobster bisque, the way the bowl comes with pieces of lobster meat in the center and then the bisque is poured over the meat. It could have been a bit hotter heat-wise. I ordered broiled trout again and it was delicious. The asparagus was good. The butternut risotto didn't have enough butternut taste for me. Because we were all full, no one had dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNiNiVIPDined on 9/22/2014My friend and I ordered one of the lunch specials for $18.50. I had a bowl of chowder soup which was delicious. I was pretty full after the soup. Then I had the pretzel crusted trout which came with roasted potatoes and string beans. It as a large portion. I didn't think I could finish it, but it was so good that I finished the whole thing. This meal kept me full for the entire day that I didn't even eat dinner. My friend ordered the same meal and we both loved it. We sat overlooking Rittenhouse Square. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide Variety of Fresh SeafoodLeeBeeDined on 9/21/2014The menu offered a great selection of seafood and everything we ordered was extremely fresh. The apps were amazing including the killer shrimp cocktail. The restaurant offered an extensive wine list and being Sunday we enjoyed ours at half price . Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and the service was timely. Restrooms were a wreck but we will chalk it up to being restaurant week and all the outdoor diners.Special Features:
- Tasteful DiningKmil321VIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a great place to take visitors, have business meetings, and eat amazing seafood. The food is worth the price, best lobster bisque in the world!! Very dressy ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful surpriseretired518Dined on 9/20/2014The street was blocked off because of the Art Festivle in Rittenhouse Park, (I am guessing) ... The restaurant had tables in the street... Perfect night. Five friends gathered in Philly from all over the country for annual reunion. Hotel recomended and made reservations for us.. great choice.. Service exceptional, food way above expection, variety on menu, while Seafood is in the name, enough for non fish people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Poor service with an I don't really care attitude.....won't be backSpecial Features:
- Not just seafoodKevinDined on 9/20/2014The steak was also extremely well prepared... The seafood was all top quality and delicious as expected.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.Fafboy9Dined on 9/19/2014I don't know what happened, this is not the Devon's I remember! The last time I ate at Devon's was 2003, the food was Excellent! What I experienced this past Friday was not what I remembered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!CaldinerDined on 9/19/2014A beautiful restaurant, very special. Appetizers were outstanding as were entrees. The lobster bisque was one of the best I have ever tried. We enjoyed the cedar plank salmon, crab cakes and scallops. The desserts could have been a lot better.Special Features:
- A good restaurant week experienceCarolynDined on 9/19/2014This was a good experience and what made it so is our waitress Tatiana. Thanks for a good night out.Special Features:
- JanedoeDined on 9/19/2014Had choice of inside or outside dining. We chose to dine inside. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Dined during restaurant week. Food was excellent. I had the crab cakes. They were excellent. Filled with lump crab meat. No fillers. Lobster mac was okay. A little dry. Grilled asparagus was great. My friend had the steak and she said it was wonderful. Happy hour was just starting. I had a mojito and it was awesome. Not watered down. We had an amazing time. This was my first visit to Devon's but it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I excepted betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The lobster bisque was delicious but the meal went down hill from there.....salmon was ok had a funny taste it may have been too much maple glaze asparagus overly cooked. Chocolate cake disgusting it was cold raspberry was soooo tart but the cake taste like it was sugar free it should have been room temperatureSpecial Features:
- End of restaurant week!JojoDined on 9/19/2014What a way to end restaurant week. Devon never disappointed! Lobster bisque is the best in the city! First time I ever did restaurant week for lunch, will not be the last!Special Features:
- Great time at Devon Seafood Grill!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Devon Seafood Grill is the choice when deciding which restaurant to go whether I'm with family or friends. From the food to the decor I have always had a great time. Devon is what dining out is all about. So if you enjoy great seafood, excellent service, attractive decor and you have not dine here.....what are you waiting for and please try the "no filler-no pretender here" crab cakes you'll have to order seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice Restaurant Week Lunch.BillDined on 9/19/2014Have been to Devon before for Father's Day Lunch, enjoyed the food and had a very good time. We returned to Devon for the last day, Friday 19th, of Restaurant Week as we also spent the day at The Rittenhouse Art Show. We like the interiors, the feel of the place, the waiter was great, nice guy who knows what he is doing. We both Had The Steak Frites. Delicious. The Lobster Bisque and Caesar Salad were very good. We had the Strawberry Shortcake and the Rich Chocolate Cake, again very good. We highly recommend Devon.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food was very good. Service great, once it came. Great sampling menu for restaurant week. Great job.Special Features:
- My experience @ restaurant weekAlexDined on 9/18/2014Went here during restaurant week with my girlfriend. We both ordered the same thing... lobster bisque, scallop risotto, and chocolate mousse cake. The service was friendly and helpful at first. The lobster bisque was very good. It was very tasty and contained a large amount of lobster so it was not watered down like some bisques. The main course was also quite tasty and the scallops were well prepared and tasted fresh. The desert however was disappointing at best. It tasted like something they specifically ordered in large quantities from a vendor to sell just for restaurant week. At this point the restaurant cleared out for the most part but the cake took over 20 min to bring. The atomosphere was bad. The group behind us were obnoxious.
- almost okliketoeatDined on 9/18/2014The food was good however our waiter pretty much rushed us through dinner but could never be found when needed probably would just do lunch if I returnedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timeDimplesDined on 9/18/2014Everything was great from the early seating, fast greeting and amazing food. This crab cakes are highly recommended by the servers and I. Great selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RETHINK ON GOING AGAINnotgreatDined on 9/18/2014I was not impressed by this restaurant. I should have ordered what people that have recommended this place the crab cakes.Special Features:
- great service disappointing foodfauxfoodiesVIPDined on 9/18/2014My sister and I went to Devon's for a late lunch which left nothing to be desired. We had both been to Devon's in the past on separate occasions however, never for lunch and don't intend on returning at that time again. Not sure if the so-so food was due to the fact that they were preparing to transition from lunch to dinner but definitely wasn't worth the trip to the city and driving in circles for parking. Dessert was the best meal although they were out of the creme brulee which is what she really wanted. The drinks were strong (at least hers were,she had to dilute it) yet mine had no sign of alcohol and tasted like juice.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to its reputation.LowmaintenanceDined on 9/18/2014I am a server. At a fine dining establishment around the corner. Off the square. My restaurant also does restaurant week and I am aware that the crowds and the demands of restaurant week alter the regular service experience ever so slightly even with restaurants trying not to let that happen. That being said, and even though I left a 25% tip for our server (for karmas sake), we went to celebrate a special event and we felt less than special. Service was sparse, forced, not genuine. Wine presentation was clumsy and uncomfortable. Soup came without a spoon. Our main course came while appetizers were still on the table. I was told it was my fault for ordering my steak medium rare. Food was acceptable. Happy 5 years to my partner and I! :-/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyCincinDined on 9/18/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week, great food, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Great food....great for smaller parties....large spaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Selected this restaurant for rest week...First time there will definitely return maple salmon was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LWeilerDined on 9/17/2014The food was wonderful! The lobster bisque was delicious. We shared the crab cakes(contained no fillers) and scallops as recommended by our waiter, Kyle. These two entrees were superb. Finished the meal with coffee, strawberry short cake and creme brûlée. Food and service despite the fact that it was a busy "Restaurant Week " evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food but too noisySkierDined on 9/16/2014The food was notable and memorable when my husband and I went for dinner during restaurant week. However the noise level was so high that we would not return. This is a large restaurant with large rooms. Service was tops.Special Features:
- cwrjrDined on 9/16/2014We went down during Restaurant Week as I had been there before but not my wife and two grown boys. Dinner was great and Michelle who took care of us was excellent. The evening was a success and we all look forward to going back. Chuck R.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.