Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
530 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)fit for foodies (224)good for groups (177)great for outdoor dining (175)neighborhood gem (173)romantic (171)great for lunch (153)hot spot (103)notable wine list (97)scenic view (94)vibrant bar scene (89)great for brunch (71)late-night find (54)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- NastyGrossDined on 9/13/2014I really don't know how else to describe it. Lobster Mac tastes like it has imitation crab in it, gumbo is not seasoned enough and the linguine with clams had mushy pasta. NEVER EATING THERE AGAIN!
- Perfect night!!dianeDined on 9/13/2014First time at this restaurant and loved it. Was seated inside the beautiful restaurant but can not wait to go back to sit in the bar area or outside. Food was fantastic, drinks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Immaculate!ChicHoodlumDined on 9/12/2014Everything was delicious and the overall vibe is perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itlatoya215Dined on 9/12/2014I had an amazing time with my friends on our girls night out adventure. this is my first time at Devon"s and they certainly lived up to our expectations. Can't wait to return on my birthday with my boyfriend. Also my waiter Kevin was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week success!AllisonDined on 9/12/2014As always, this restaurant does not disappoint. The filet melts in your mouth, and the service is on their game. However, maybe because it was restaurant week and things were rushed, the Cesar salad appetizer was bitter and the lettuce was rotten. Also, the mouse cake might have been from a box. But I will definitely be back, because this is my favorite restaurant, and still is!Special Features:
- It was....goodlovetoeatDined on 9/12/2014We love seafood so decided to try this place during restaurant week. Oysters were great! We ordered crabcakes and steak. The crabcake was good, no filler and the steak was good too. Everything was fine, no complaints it just wasn't great. The outdoor patio is nice on a nice evening but very laid-back and casual.
- Loved itRandiDined on 9/12/2014Devon was our choice for Restaurant week this year. We loved the specialty cocktails, particularly the Mojito. We ordered lobster bisque which was the best EVER, crab cakes, and 2 desserts, creme brûlée and chocolate mousse cake. Everything was outstanding except the mousse cake which was a little dry. Our waitress was wonderfully attentive and very sweet. In all it was an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekSNfotoDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Week fails to deliver the true courtesy & ambiance that is desired. My date & I had to take an early reservation (5:30pm) & we were one on the few tables there for the first 40 minutes or so when it started to fill up for dinner time. From the very start though, we felt the anticipated rush from the server & the food runners. We were not treated with decent regard until we ordered a bottle of wine, making me feel like the courtesy was extended for the higher check we would receive. Our entrees were also brought out before we even finished our bisque & we had to ask for things like ground pepper, which should have been offered with our meal. As always, the food was delicious, but the experience left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The outdoor dining area was perfect for people watching and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGdaddii01Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I are foodies so we stay on the road just trying.any and every restaurant that lookz tastey...def will be back 4 a 2nd round !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Went for restaurant week, it was busy but we were seated quickly and our food arrived within a few minutes. In spite of waitress being extremely busy, she found time to stop by several times to see if we needed anything and to ask how our food was. Definitely a place worth going to. Awesome lobster bisque too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014We went for Lunch during restaurant week. We had a table for 5 with 3 of us opting for soup and salad. After waiting for 1hour 15 minutes we still had not received our salads and had to take them to go. One of our group went with the 3 courses so asked for her dessert to be wrapped to go also. We realized once we were leaving that the waitress had not included the dessert. One of our party who stayed said she would get it. The waitress gave an attitude and said that we were lying. The food was good but the service left a bitter taste.Special Features:
- TomicaTomicavjDined on 9/12/2014Awesome food and great service, had a great time with my husband. Would recommend this restaurant to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week at DevonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent - sometimes the restaurant week menus at Seafood places are not always the best, but this went above and beyond my expectations. Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive and the ambiance was perfect. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Thoroughly Enjoyed!!Donay2210Dined on 9/11/2014I visited and as my first time I was impressed!! Food & service was great!! I didn't feel pressured or hurried to order nor eat. My food was delicious as was my drink. Will definitely return & recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The warped table wobbled, turned, and shook. They were out of most of the appetizers. The portions were small. The food was flavorless. The service was fine. Reminded me of a dirty overpriced Red Lobster.
- FAD621Dined on 9/11/2014The ONLY thing I'd like to mention is the fruit flies or nats whatever you want to call those pesky lil' things flying around but not landing, it was a shame they could ruin a nice night:( We weren't the only ones swatting at them, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itbigfoodieDined on 9/11/2014The whole atmosphere was so great and I really love the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentfoodconnoisseurDined on 9/11/2014Devon's never disappoints! I've been dining here for the last 7 years and the food and service are always the same-amazing! I had the lobster bisque which had generous pieces of tender lobster, and for the main course, maple glazed salmon. It was among the freshest, and tastiest salmon I've had! I've come here with many different friends and the general consensus is the same-exceedingly delicious food with great service! I can't wait to dine there again!Special Features:
- Not the bestPhilly1FoodyDined on 9/11/2014I was completely shocked since Devon's is one of my favorite restaurant spots in center city Philadelphia. I ordered the filet with a side of mashed potatoes and asparagus. I ordered my steak medium well, however it was prepared very well done and quite dried out. As I stated before I ordered mashed potatoes and the waitress brought out risotto I was baffled as to why. So I said mam I ordered mashed potatoes not risotto. The waitress informed me there was no more mashed potatoes so that what they had. My question was why didn't they give me a option for a different side the waitress then offered me roasted potatoes which just like the steak came out dry and very well done. My weight time for each portion was well over 35-40 mins.Special Features:
- Lunch was fantastic!RhondaYDined on 9/11/2014I had the pleasure of recently having lunch here. The server, Paul, was extremely attentive and friendly. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MljoDined on 9/10/2014Quick service. Delicious food. Best lobster bisque I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Alyssa914Dined on 9/10/2014The staff was accommodating and the food was delicious-- especially the Lobster Bisque. I would definitely return to Devon Seafood.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I went here for Restaurant Week. I had a wonderful experience! The food tasted great and my server was excellent! I will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Seafood GrillReRe1VIPDined on 9/10/2014They have excellent food and are one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslovetoeatDined on 9/10/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food was great! The wait time was horrible, and the waiter was VERY inattentive, which ruined my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TaraDined on 9/8/2014Amazing food, perfect atmosphere, definitely highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Came here for Restaurant Week and thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. Our server was amazing and knowledgeable about the menu and wine to accompany meal. We will def be returning again!!Special Features:
- pinkdaisyDined on 9/8/2014This was a great spot for a dinner meeting with a client. We sat inside but near the outdoor seating and was perfectly placed to view the park outside. Service and Food was very good to excellent. Perfect noise level for any kind of lunch or dinner meeting, not too quiet and not too loud. Great choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We really enjoyed our lunch looking out over Rittenhouse park. The server was friendly and hospitable and the food was splendid, every tasty bite. We were celebrating a birthday and were more than satisfied and happy with our experience.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in PhiladelphiayummayummaDined on 9/8/2014My friend & I came to Devon's for lunch during Restaurant Week. Everything was amazing from the wine to the food and the service. We ate at the perfect time because everyone was clearing out so we had the restaurant to ourselves. The ambience is beautiful and it was quiet. I suggest the lobster bisque, the salmon, and the creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchSilverQueenVIPDined on 9/8/2014Devon is a nice place to have lunch with friends. Two of the 3 of us enjoyed our fish dishes very much. The lobster salad was a disappointment and I would not recommend it. We sat in an open area facing Rittenhouse Square which would have been very nice except for the traffic on 18th St - loud trucks and motorcycles. Our server was friendly, attentive, and courteous.
- Great lobsterfxn74Dined on 9/7/2014I ate a good lobster and clam chowder remarkable. The desserts were too heavy, but overall it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphereluv2dineDined on 9/7/2014My Wife and I had a great seating location until a server (not our server) asked if we would mind moving. We had our own private special occasion going on but being polite people we are we moved from our initial seating location to allow the other guest to be accommodated. The guest never thanked us or acknowledge us for making this change. I would recommend that the staff not ask another guest to move their seats once they have be seated. It placed us in an awkward situation and the fact that the guest weren't courteous enough to thank us started our dinner off wrong. People remember the bad before the good. Our server was awesome! We met a nice couple who told us next time to ask for Michelle!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I chose this restaurant as a restaurant to try during Philly's restaurant week and it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot! view, food & ambiance!mealmarauderDined on 9/7/2014A++A++ great spot..cant get enough of this place! Great atmosphere, food is always outstanding & service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Menu was mediocre. Just because it is restaurant week, it does not mean you serve the worst foodSpecial Features:
- delish grandparents day brunchElizanyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Took my parents and son to celebrate Grandparents Day. It happened to be Restaurant Week. Lobster bisque and salmon were amazing. Shrimp and grits very yummy but a bit salty. Didn't realize they had a kid's menu with a lobster roll on it. Still love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchCeceDined on 9/7/2014Awesome food and drinks! The biscuits are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.