Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
530 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)fit for foodies (226)good for groups (178)great for outdoor dining (174)neighborhood gem (173)romantic (170)great for lunch (153)hot spot (103)notable wine list (97)scenic view (93)vibrant bar scene (87)great for brunch (71)late-night find (54)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- wonderful surpriseretired518Dined on 9/20/2014The street was blocked off because of the Art Festivle in Rittenhouse Park, (I am guessing) ... The restaurant had tables in the street... Perfect night. Five friends gathered in Philly from all over the country for annual reunion. Hotel recomended and made reservations for us.. great choice.. Service exceptional, food way above expection, variety on menu, while Seafood is in the name, enough for non fish people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Poor service with an I don't really care attitude.....won't be backSpecial Features:
- Not just seafoodKevinDined on 9/20/2014The steak was also extremely well prepared... The seafood was all top quality and delicious as expected.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.Fafboy9Dined on 9/19/2014I don't know what happened, this is not the Devon's I remember! The last time I ate at Devon's was 2003, the food was Excellent! What I experienced this past Friday was not what I remembered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!CaldinerDined on 9/19/2014A beautiful restaurant, very special. Appetizers were outstanding as were entrees. The lobster bisque was one of the best I have ever tried. We enjoyed the cedar plank salmon, crab cakes and scallops. The desserts could have been a lot better.Special Features:
- A good restaurant week experienceCarolynDined on 9/19/2014This was a good experience and what made it so is our waitress Tatiana. Thanks for a good night out.Special Features:
- JanedoeDined on 9/19/2014Had choice of inside or outside dining. We chose to dine inside. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Dined during restaurant week. Food was excellent. I had the crab cakes. They were excellent. Filled with lump crab meat. No fillers. Lobster mac was okay. A little dry. Grilled asparagus was great. My friend had the steak and she said it was wonderful. Happy hour was just starting. I had a mojito and it was awesome. Not watered down. We had an amazing time. This was my first visit to Devon's but it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I excepted betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The lobster bisque was delicious but the meal went down hill from there.....salmon was ok had a funny taste it may have been too much maple glaze asparagus overly cooked. Chocolate cake disgusting it was cold raspberry was soooo tart but the cake taste like it was sugar free it should have been room temperatureSpecial Features:
- End of restaurant week!JojoDined on 9/19/2014What a way to end restaurant week. Devon never disappointed! Lobster bisque is the best in the city! First time I ever did restaurant week for lunch, will not be the last!Special Features:
- Great time at Devon Seafood Grill!TheFairyDinerDined on 9/19/2014Devon Seafood Grill is the choice when deciding which restaurant to go whether I'm with family or friends. From the food to the decor I have always had a great time. Devon is what dining out is all about. So if you enjoy great seafood, excellent service, attractive decor and you have not dine here.....what are you waiting for and please try the "no filler-no pretender here" crab cakes you'll have to order seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon is fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014The menu and service is fabulous. I normally eat in the Chicago restaurant. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice Restaurant Week Lunch.BillDined on 9/19/2014Have been to Devon before for Father's Day Lunch, enjoyed the food and had a very good time. We returned to Devon for the last day, Friday 19th, of Restaurant Week as we also spent the day at The Rittenhouse Art Show. We like the interiors, the feel of the place, the waiter was great, nice guy who knows what he is doing. We both Had The Steak Frites. Delicious. The Lobster Bisque and Caesar Salad were very good. We had the Strawberry Shortcake and the Rich Chocolate Cake, again very good. We highly recommend Devon.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food was very good. Service great, once it came. Great sampling menu for restaurant week. Great job.Special Features:
- My experience @ restaurant weekAlexDined on 9/18/2014Went here during restaurant week with my girlfriend. We both ordered the same thing... lobster bisque, scallop risotto, and chocolate mousse cake. The service was friendly and helpful at first. The lobster bisque was very good. It was very tasty and contained a large amount of lobster so it was not watered down like some bisques. The main course was also quite tasty and the scallops were well prepared and tasted fresh. The desert however was disappointing at best. It tasted like something they specifically ordered in large quantities from a vendor to sell just for restaurant week. At this point the restaurant cleared out for the most part but the cake took over 20 min to bring. The atomosphere was bad. The group behind us were obnoxious.
- almost okliketoeatDined on 9/18/2014The food was good however our waiter pretty much rushed us through dinner but could never be found when needed probably would just do lunch if I returnedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timeDimplesDined on 9/18/2014Everything was great from the early seating, fast greeting and amazing food. This crab cakes are highly recommended by the servers and I. Great selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RETHINK ON GOING AGAINnotgreatDined on 9/18/2014I was not impressed by this restaurant. I should have ordered what people that have recommended this place the crab cakes.Special Features:
- great service disappointing foodfauxfoodiesVIPDined on 9/18/2014My sister and I went to Devon's for a late lunch which left nothing to be desired. We had both been to Devon's in the past on separate occasions however, never for lunch and don't intend on returning at that time again. Not sure if the so-so food was due to the fact that they were preparing to transition from lunch to dinner but definitely wasn't worth the trip to the city and driving in circles for parking. Dessert was the best meal although they were out of the creme brulee which is what she really wanted. The drinks were strong (at least hers were,she had to dilute it) yet mine had no sign of alcohol and tasted like juice.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to its reputation.LowmaintenanceDined on 9/18/2014I am a server. At a fine dining establishment around the corner. Off the square. My restaurant also does restaurant week and I am aware that the crowds and the demands of restaurant week alter the regular service experience ever so slightly even with restaurants trying not to let that happen. That being said, and even though I left a 25% tip for our server (for karmas sake), we went to celebrate a special event and we felt less than special. Service was sparse, forced, not genuine. Wine presentation was clumsy and uncomfortable. Soup came without a spoon. Our main course came while appetizers were still on the table. I was told it was my fault for ordering my steak medium rare. Food was acceptable. Happy 5 years to my partner and I! :-/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyCincinDined on 9/18/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week, great food, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Great food....great for smaller parties....large spaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Selected this restaurant for rest week...First time there will definitely return maple salmon was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LWeilerDined on 9/17/2014The food was wonderful! The lobster bisque was delicious. We shared the crab cakes(contained no fillers) and scallops as recommended by our waiter, Kyle. These two entrees were superb. Finished the meal with coffee, strawberry short cake and creme brûlée. Food and service despite the fact that it was a busy "Restaurant Week " evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food but too noisySkierDined on 9/16/2014The food was notable and memorable when my husband and I went for dinner during restaurant week. However the noise level was so high that we would not return. This is a large restaurant with large rooms. Service was tops.Special Features:
- cwrjrDined on 9/16/2014We went down during Restaurant Week as I had been there before but not my wife and two grown boys. Dinner was great and Michelle who took care of us was excellent. The evening was a success and we all look forward to going back. Chuck R.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekchrisVIPDined on 9/16/2014My family and I went to Devon for Restaurant Week, just to try it. The menu was varied, everything we ordered was very good, our server was terrific. All of this, even though the restaurant was mobbed. Nicely done.Special Features:
- Great lunchMissy1Dined on 9/16/2014The service was speedy and the food was great. If you're on a tight lunch schedule, they will get you in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood LoverchinkymoDined on 9/15/2014The crab cakes were excellent and the atmosphere was great. I strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageSwissqualityDined on 9/15/2014Have been quite a few times in this Restaurant every time I am in Philadelphia, but this time, food has been quite a disappointment. The Food was very average and not worth a visit, given the great alternatives, Philly has to offer. It looks like very routine production and the quality was just below average. However, the service as been attentive, professional and friendly. Will not go back there and cannot recommend the food.Special Features:
- Date Night SuccessDateKnight1616Dined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed great food, and ambiance that overshadowed the poor service of waiter. The food was very inviting. The only issue we noted the triple chocolate mouse cake was stale and dry. Portions were satisfying. Definitely would return outside of Restaurant Week for 2nd chance☆Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value during Restaurant WeekkeplertrackerDined on 9/15/2014Great tasting menu with interesting choices. I recommend the crab cakes and lobster bisque as they are outstanding. Food is a touch salty but wash it down with your favorite cocktail. One nit- they really pack the chairs in there so it's hard to maneuver to the bathrooms and to the bar area.Special Features:
- Even the Seafood enjoys this place!RSxRebelDined on 9/14/2014When we arrived the hostess was great and sat us right away. Our server knew when to come and when not bother us. The seafood was as good as can be expected with a view of the park I was pretty content. They do sit the tables rather close which is the usual but the woman behind me was so close we kept nudging elbows. But overall great place, great service and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd WaitorNahskiDined on 9/14/2014We had a waiter that was VERY VERY odd. Did not seem educated about the food and was creepy. He made me very uncomfortable and I do not have to go back there because of that.Special Features:
- Third time as good as the first!luv2dineDined on 9/14/2014I took my boyfriend to Devon's for his birthday last year, shared my experience with my Niece and we decided to celebrate her birthday at Devon's. The food and experience was excellent for her first time and my second. My boyfriend and I recently participated in Restaurant week and I'm sure you guessed which restaurant we chose. Devon's! It was phenomenal! The selections were commendable, the food and service was as great as my first time. Also the ability to reserve online was ideal.Special Features:
- Great everythingMiizlovefoodDined on 9/14/2014Food, service, atmosphere, was great. I will visit in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicelovetoeatDined on 9/14/2014The wait for food was a little longer than anticipated. Food was excellent..Special Features:
- flowerCDined on 9/14/2014This was my wife and I first visit to Devon Seafood Grill. We decided to visit during resturant week. All though it was busy the food was delicious. Someone asked was the dish worth the amount and my answer was hands down, yes. The food was well worth the visit. I look forward to my next visit to Devon's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice lunchVanessaLDined on 9/14/2014This was our first to Devon. We went for lunch during restaurant week and were glad that we did. The food and service were impeccable. The only complaint I would register is that we arrived at noon on a Sunday. The place was virtually empty, yet we were seated at the very back of the restaurant, virtually alone. I asked my husband if I had a wart on my forehead or something :P It was unclear to me why we were taken to the deep recesses of the restaurant. Above that, the food and service were so good that we would return. I'll simply asked to be seated at the front of the house next time.Special Features:
- Happy customer!FoodologistDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious. The pretzel crusted trout was amazing. The lobster Mac'n cheese and asparagus was seasoned perfectly. The Atlantic salmon was good. The portion sizes was good. I could barely eat dessert when I finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not go!!!justmehDined on 9/13/2014I wish I could add the pictures I took. The food was burned, dry and over cooked. Their bathrooms was overflowing with trash and the restaurant was not croweded