Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: (215) 546-5940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
562 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (267)fit for foodies (246)good for groups (193)neighborhood gem (186)romantic (172)great for outdoor dining (170)great for lunch (159)hot spot (110)notable wine list (104)vibrant bar scene (97)scenic view (97)great for brunch (74)late-night find (60)kid-friendly (27)Show More
- A Perfect Date Night.XksandraDined on 11/15/2014Our server, Mike was very attentive. Every employee was pleasant, professional and helpful. We had a lovely time. Food & cocktail was amazing. Filet was perfectly cooked the way I wanted. The mash potatoes is the best I've ever had. Clam chowder soup was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy But NiceRoseDined on 11/15/2014A last-minute date night selection, this restaurant was a great choice. It was a very busy place, but even with all their necessary hustle, the staff was polite and accommodating. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a mouth watering treatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Got to enjoy Devon last Saturday for 8 pm reservations with two friends. Requested a bar seat because the Georgia Auburn game was on and we were easily accommodated. The staff was great and very attentive. The lobster bisque and Caesar salad are to die for. My friends each thoroughly enjoyed their food. This was my 2nd visit to Devon, and I will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capnDined on 11/15/2014Devon HAS ALWAYS SATISFIED. We have been going for years and have never had a bad meal or experience. Thanks to a great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for pre-concert mealLadybugDined on 11/15/2014We chose to dine at Devon again because it is convenient for a pre-concert dinner and we like seafood. The noise level is pretty high - can be difficult to have a conversation - due to the hard surfaces (tile ceiling). The service was pretty good. I chose to be seated while my dining partner parked the car. The hostess removed my partner's bread plate so he was not given a biscuit (which he wanted) and it took him awhile to flag down the server even though she came to the table next to ours a few times while we were waiting. He had the salmon, which was excellent. I had the lobster salad, also very good and not over-dressed (although I would have liked to have seen more avocado - there were only a few tiny chunks). We think it's a good value for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysavaloneDined on 11/15/2014Devon Seafood is a place we used to set aside for special occasions and birthdays, but it has become more of a regular outing recently. The fish is always fresh, the staff is always very accommodating and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere is nice for a dinner out for a lot of different types of occasions. I had the king salmon with brussel sprouts and butternut squash risotto on the side and my date had the crabcake entree with the asparagus and mashed potatoes. Great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Went here for a birthday and was delighted by the service and quality of the food. Plus a great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a night out with the wife.RockspydermnkyDined on 11/14/2014with the exception of our reservation being overlooked for 20 minutes due to someone else with a similar name taking ours, the food was superb, wine was fluid, and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationsteakchampsDined on 11/14/2014Our waitress Ariel was great. Our food was piping hot and tasty. Defintely recommend returning. I love this place. I have yet to have a bad experience here. Seafood is quality.Special Features:
- Service deterioratedRichardVIPDined on 11/13/2014Food up to snuff. Linguine with clams very creative. We had an excellent waitress to start but she was assigned a group of 7 Japanese business people, most of whom did not speak evnglsh. This took all of her attention. After their arrival our service deteriorated. I fault management for not assigning her help.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Devon!JoGoDined on 11/13/2014I took my friend to Devon for her birthday. I've been there many times before and love it. We had an especially nice time the other night. Our server was attentive and friendly without being annoying, we had a comfortable booth, the wine, food and desert were outstanding as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchLocalsDined on 11/9/2014We were doing a college tour and decided to have lunch before heading home. We have been to this Devon's before and have one in our town of Hershey which we frequent. The food never disappoints at either location but the atmosphere in Philadelphia is a special treat for us since it is so different from that in Hershey. I would recommend the trout as well as the spinach and beet salad. Don't forget to leave some room for the mango sorbet.Special Features:
- Great Place with a ViewJimwithJenVIPDined on 11/9/2014I really enjoy this restaurant. The service, drinks and food are really good. I know I count on this place for a good experience. I really like having lunch here and sitting outside or at a table that has a view of the park across the street. The back area is also very nice I just like the more energetic atmosphere in the front bar area. Easy access to parking on the side street next to the restaurant. I would recommend this place, enjoy!
- Paying more for the locationItalianfoodsnobDined on 11/8/2014The food was good, but not worth the prices. There are many other choices around Rittenhouse Square where you can get a better meal and pay less. The best item we tried was the biscuit delivered to our table before the meal arrived. The calamari was flavorful but tough. The seafood entrees were dry and nothing special. I expected much better; at least at the level of an Oceanaire. Sadly, it was not.
- Great dinnerFoodieDined on 11/8/2014We chose this place because of the awesome appetizer selection. The lobster tamales were amazing, the tuna tartar even better. I would definitely come here again and I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and consistentsophieDined on 11/8/2014Fresh and well-prepared. Excellent wine choices. Staff make you feel welcome.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed the fresh fish , apple slaw and squash risotto. The calamari was just right. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to have found it...OutAndAboutVIPDined on 11/8/2014First visit to Devon while spending an evening in-town, and we had a very pleasant overall experience. It can get a little noisy, especially in the bar area... but didn't become unbearable. The menu was interesting, and our food was very well prepared... really no complaints there at all. It was a Saturday evening, and the service was a bit slow. Server was knowledgeable and friendly... but a bit distracted by all the activity. Will definitely return again.Special Features:
- AwesomeRjnnDined on 11/7/2014Food was great and very fresh. Server was great except for the biscuit server who never came to the table after the first time even though we asked twice for another biscuit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffTrexlerVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have always enjoyed the seafood. It was a little chilly seated near the bar and windows, although we appreciated the view my wife and kids were cold and dined with their jackets on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Philly123Dined on 11/7/2014I've been to Devon numerous times for lunch and dinner. It's definitely one of the best seafood spots in Philly, and is great for a business lunch or for a romantic date night. The service is always impressive and the food is consistently delicious. I've never eaten something here I didn't love. It in a great location right by the Rittenhouse Square park, so the outdoor seating is ideal for a great view of the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Philly SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Center city Philly restaurant for fresh seafood and steaks, uniquely prepared dishes with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redbirdDined on 11/7/2014Devon is a gem around Rittenhouse Square - food is very good. The prices have gone up over the years so I can't go very often, but love the place. The atmosphere is down to earth and the waiters are extremely friendly and kind. It's a bit noisy when there are parties, but it's a good indication that Devon is a good place for parties. I am allergic to alcohol, and I am old so I cannot eat much, so, I often take half the plate home. The food is good enough for a warmed up second meal. (This review is not for publication).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good choiceturning40Dined on 11/6/2014Everything was good, but for the price, not exceptional. Waiter was nice, knowledgeable, prompt. Atmosphere is nice, noisy enough that I'm not dining with my 70 year old parents but not so noisy that you can't hear your guests speak. Food was very good but not $40 a plate good. I had the mix grill - not the best crab cake I've ever had - again, good, but not the best... Not the best scallops I've ever had....again, good, but not the best. The lobster bisque is fabulous. Overall, I think for a $150 night, it didn't win me over - for less, it would have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJ2014Dined on 11/4/2014Our waitress, Michelle G., was outstanding in every way, and she and the hostess were particularly accommodating as we needed to re-locate our table. The oysters and crab cakes were exceptional, and we loved the Duck Flatbread appetizer, and Chipotle Shrimp. I can say I have never had a bad meal there! I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/2/2014I had a terrific seared tuna steak and my guest loved the broiled scallops but the food arrived so quickly that the bus person responsible for water and bread had not yet even provided those items. In addition, I had barely finished my meal when the server whisked the plates away and, in fact, my guest still had vegetables remaining. Read: we felt very very rushed by staff.
- Love itIrol8210Dined on 11/1/2014Its perfect! Quiet, nice booths, food is delicious, and quaint:)Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 10/31/2014Everything about Devon's was AWESOME and I usually don't do no feed back on places but I just had to on Devon's everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!foodlover215Dined on 10/31/2014This is my third visit to Devon's and I am always pleased with the service every time I go. I took my friend there for his birthday and he enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding fishBernieDined on 10/31/2014A great variety of fish with creative sauces and crustsSpecial Features:
- Another great mealOut4dinnerVIPDined on 10/29/2014This is my favorite restaurant on Rittenhouse Square. They have consistently good food with consistently good service. Their prices are very fair for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't MissAndreHDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. I was able to book a reservation for us the day of and when we get there we were immediately escorted to our seats (even though we were early). The service was great and the food was awesome. My wife was very impressed that I knew of such a place and because she LOVES seafood, I earned major points with the Mrs. Fellas, this is a gem and make sure you get the jumbo lump crab cakes! My wife and I can't stop talking about them!Special Features:
- Beautiful spot - yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014Enjoyed a late lunch on a warm October day seated on the sidewalk facing Rittehouse Square. Our food was delicious, our server was especially accomodating. If we visit Philly again, Devon will be one of our stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love for Devon's....phillyeatsDined on 10/25/2014The food at Devon's is always great! The service no matter what time is always Impeccable! The setting is always inviting. A restaurant worth visiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncharacteristic ScrewupNanookDined on 10/25/2014Had a not so nice dinner experience. The food was good but the pace was ridiculous. We barely sat down and the menus were there and the waitress came back twice to take the order before we read it. Then the entrees came before we finished the appetizers and they whipped the plates off immediately when you finished so the slow eaters were pressured to eat fast. The clincher came when we split the check. It was a 50/50 split and they got the total wrong. Credit cards were taken and signed and we were walking out when they ran up and took the cards back and charged us more so we had to redo the whole check. When we got home the posted amount was also wrong. It was a mess. A classy place would admit, and bite "their" mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Devon has been a favorite of mine for years. The service is professional, the biscuits are wonderful, the filet cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Best dining experience all yearSweetspotVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I visited Philadelphia for our daughter's college parents weekend with many restaurant recommendations from friends. We lucked into a table at Devon Seafood Grill. Based on a superb experience, we look forward to returning on our next trip. Welcoming, knowlegable, and professional, Michael was the best waiter we've ever had in any city. It was difficult to choose from an abundance of seafood options (and we are seafood snobs and health nuts), but all 3 of us enjoyed our selections very much from appetizers to entrees to dessert. White table cloth experience with beautiful lighting in this restaurant. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good sceneveggiedocDined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. He happens to be a seafood enthusiast and loved every minute of our dinner. The decor and overall atmosphere was great. It can be a little loud, but I still felt like we had our privacy. A great surprise when making the reservation was the coupon for $20 off the entire meal. The service was amazing and our waiter was very attentive. The portions are larger than I expected. Overall, I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great mealEdh230Dined on 10/25/2014Had not been to Devon Seafood Grill in some time because we moved out of the City. Glad we were able to get back to the restaurant. Meal was terrific. Delicious food. Good service. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!meggymDined on 10/25/2014Came to Devon's with some seafood lovers and some not-so-into seafood people. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the service was excellent!Special Features: