Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
501 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (237)fit for foodies (194)great for outdoor dining (186)romantic (168)neighborhood gem (160)good for groups (153)great for lunch (145)notable wine list (98)scenic view (98)hot spot (98)vibrant bar scene (93)great for brunch (79)late-night find (48)kid-friendly (25)Show More
- Superb food but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014The food was notable and memorable when my husband and I went for dinner during restaurant week. However the noise level was so high that we would not return. This is a large restaurant with large rooms. Service was tops.Special Features:
- cwrjrDined on 9/16/2014We went down during Restaurant Week as I had been there before but not my wife and two grown boys. Dinner was great and Michelle who took care of us was excellent. The evening was a success and we all look forward to going back. Chuck R.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekchrisVIPDined on 9/16/2014My family and I went to Devon for Restaurant Week, just to try it. The menu was varied, everything we ordered was very good, our server was terrific. All of this, even though the restaurant was mobbed. Nicely done.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The service was speedy and the food was great. If you're on a tight lunch schedule, they will get you in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood LoverchinkymoDined on 9/15/2014The crab cakes were excellent and the atmosphere was great. I strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Have been quite a few times in this Restaurant every time I am in Philadelphia, but this time, food has been quite a disappointment. The Food was very average and not worth a visit, given the great alternatives, Philly has to offer. It looks like very routine production and the quality was just below average. However, the service as been attentive, professional and friendly. Will not go back there and cannot recommend the food.Special Features:
- great value during Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Great tasting menu with interesting choices. I recommend the crab cakes and lobster bisque as they are outstanding. Food is a touch salty but wash it down with your favorite cocktail. One nit- they really pack the chairs in there so it's hard to maneuver to the bathrooms and to the bar area.Special Features:
- Even the Seafood enjoys this place!RSxRebelDined on 9/14/2014When we arrived the hostess was great and sat us right away. Our server knew when to come and when not bother us. The seafood was as good as can be expected with a view of the park I was pretty content. They do sit the tables rather close which is the usual but the woman behind me was so close we kept nudging elbows. But overall great place, great service and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd WaitorNahskiDined on 9/14/2014We had a waiter that was VERY VERY odd. Did not seem educated about the food and was creepy. He made me very uncomfortable and I do not have to go back there because of that.Special Features:
- Great everythingMiizlovefoodDined on 9/14/2014Food, service, atmosphere, was great. I will visit in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicelovetoeatDined on 9/14/2014The wait for food was a little longer than anticipated. Food was excellent..Special Features:
- flowerCDined on 9/14/2014This was my wife and I first visit to Devon Seafood Grill. We decided to visit during resturant week. All though it was busy the food was delicious. Someone asked was the dish worth the amount and my answer was hands down, yes. The food was well worth the visit. I look forward to my next visit to Devon's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice lunchVanessaLDined on 9/14/2014This was our first to Devon. We went for lunch during restaurant week and were glad that we did. The food and service were impeccable. The only complaint I would register is that we arrived at noon on a Sunday. The place was virtually empty, yet we were seated at the very back of the restaurant, virtually alone. I asked my husband if I had a wart on my forehead or something :P It was unclear to me why we were taken to the deep recesses of the restaurant. Above that, the food and service were so good that we would return. I'll simply asked to be seated at the front of the house next time.Special Features:
- Happy customer!FoodologistDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious. The pretzel crusted trout was amazing. The lobster Mac'n cheese and asparagus was seasoned perfectly. The Atlantic salmon was good. The portion sizes was good. I could barely eat dessert when I finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not go!!!justmehDined on 9/13/2014I wish I could add the pictures I took. The food was burned, dry and over cooked. Their bathrooms was overflowing with trash and the restaurant was not croweded
- NastyGrossDined on 9/13/2014I really don't know how else to describe it. Lobster Mac tastes like it has imitation crab in it, gumbo is not seasoned enough and the linguine with clams had mushy pasta. NEVER EATING THERE AGAIN!
- Perfect night!!dianeDined on 9/13/2014First time at this restaurant and loved it. Was seated inside the beautiful restaurant but can not wait to go back to sit in the bar area or outside. Food was fantastic, drinks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Immaculate!ChicHoodlumDined on 9/12/2014Everything was delicious and the overall vibe is perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itlatoya215Dined on 9/12/2014I had an amazing time with my friends on our girls night out adventure. this is my first time at Devon"s and they certainly lived up to our expectations. Can't wait to return on my birthday with my boyfriend. Also my waiter Kevin was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week success!AllisonDined on 9/12/2014As always, this restaurant does not disappoint. The filet melts in your mouth, and the service is on their game. However, maybe because it was restaurant week and things were rushed, the Cesar salad appetizer was bitter and the lettuce was rotten. Also, the mouse cake might have been from a box. But I will definitely be back, because this is my favorite restaurant, and still is!Special Features:
- It was....goodlovetoeatDined on 9/12/2014We love seafood so decided to try this place during restaurant week. Oysters were great! We ordered crabcakes and steak. The crabcake was good, no filler and the steak was good too. Everything was fine, no complaints it just wasn't great. The outdoor patio is nice on a nice evening but very laid-back and casual.
- Loved itRandiDined on 9/12/2014Devon was our choice for Restaurant week this year. We loved the specialty cocktails, particularly the Mojito. We ordered lobster bisque which was the best EVER, crab cakes, and 2 desserts, creme brûlée and chocolate mousse cake. Everything was outstanding except the mousse cake which was a little dry. Our waitress was wonderfully attentive and very sweet. In all it was an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekSNfotoDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Week fails to deliver the true courtesy & ambiance that is desired. My date & I had to take an early reservation (5:30pm) & we were one on the few tables there for the first 40 minutes or so when it started to fill up for dinner time. From the very start though, we felt the anticipated rush from the server & the food runners. We were not treated with decent regard until we ordered a bottle of wine, making me feel like the courtesy was extended for the higher check we would receive. Our entrees were also brought out before we even finished our bisque & we had to ask for things like ground pepper, which should have been offered with our meal. As always, the food was delicious, but the experience left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The outdoor dining area was perfect for people watching and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Went for restaurant week, it was busy but we were seated quickly and our food arrived within a few minutes. In spite of waitress being extremely busy, she found time to stop by several times to see if we needed anything and to ask how our food was. Definitely a place worth going to. Awesome lobster bisque too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014We went for Lunch during restaurant week. We had a table for 5 with 3 of us opting for soup and salad. After waiting for 1hour 15 minutes we still had not received our salads and had to take them to go. One of our group went with the 3 courses so asked for her dessert to be wrapped to go also. We realized once we were leaving that the waitress had not included the dessert. One of our party who stayed said she would get it. The waitress gave an attitude and said that we were lying. The food was good but the service left a bitter taste.Special Features:
- TomicaTomicavjDined on 9/12/2014Awesome food and great service, had a great time with my husband. Would recommend this restaurant to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week at DevonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent - sometimes the restaurant week menus at Seafood places are not always the best, but this went above and beyond my expectations. Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive and the ambiance was perfect. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Thoroughly Enjoyed!!Donay2210Dined on 9/11/2014I visited and as my first time I was impressed!! Food & service was great!! I didn't feel pressured or hurried to order nor eat. My food was delicious as was my drink. Will definitely return & recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The warped table wobbled, turned, and shook. They were out of most of the appetizers. The portions were small. The food was flavorless. The service was fine. Reminded me of a dirty overpriced Red Lobster.
- FAD621Dined on 9/11/2014The ONLY thing I'd like to mention is the fruit flies or nats whatever you want to call those pesky lil' things flying around but not landing, it was a shame they could ruin a nice night:( We weren't the only ones swatting at them, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itbigfoodieDined on 9/11/2014The whole atmosphere was so great and I really love the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentfoodconnoisseurDined on 9/11/2014Devon's never disappoints! I've been dining here for the last 7 years and the food and service are always the same-amazing! I had the lobster bisque which had generous pieces of tender lobster, and for the main course, maple glazed salmon. It was among the freshest, and tastiest salmon I've had! I've come here with many different friends and the general consensus is the same-exceedingly delicious food with great service! I can't wait to dine there again!Special Features:
- Not the bestPhilly1FoodyDined on 9/11/2014I was completely shocked since Devon's is one of my favorite restaurant spots in center city Philadelphia. I ordered the filet with a side of mashed potatoes and asparagus. I ordered my steak medium well, however it was prepared very well done and quite dried out. As I stated before I ordered mashed potatoes and the waitress brought out risotto I was baffled as to why. So I said mam I ordered mashed potatoes not risotto. The waitress informed me there was no more mashed potatoes so that what they had. My question was why didn't they give me a option for a different side the waitress then offered me roasted potatoes which just like the steak came out dry and very well done. My weight time for each portion was well over 35-40 mins.Special Features:
- Lunch was fantastic!RhondaYDined on 9/11/2014I had the pleasure of recently having lunch here. The server, Paul, was extremely attentive and friendly. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MljoDined on 9/10/2014Quick service. Delicious food. Best lobster bisque I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Alyssa914Dined on 9/10/2014The staff was accommodating and the food was delicious-- especially the Lobster Bisque. I would definitely return to Devon Seafood.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I went here for Restaurant Week. I had a wonderful experience! The food tasted great and my server was excellent! I will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Seafood GrillReRe1VIPDined on 9/10/2014They have excellent food and are one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslovetoeatDined on 9/10/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features: