Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
225 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=96
- Phone: 2155465940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Philadelphia offers private space for up to 40 guests. Please call for details.
- Special Events: SPECIAL DRINK FEATURES | Monday - Friday | 5:00pm - 7:00pm | Available at the bar & patio. HAPPY HOUR APPETIZERS | Sunday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm & 9:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
546 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (253)fit for foodies (232)good for groups (182)neighborhood gem (182)great for outdoor dining (176)romantic (174)great for lunch (155)hot spot (103)notable wine list (98)scenic view (95)vibrant bar scene (83)great for brunch (74)late-night find (57)kid-friendly (23)Show More
- Another great mealOut4dinnerVIPDined on 10/29/2014This is my favorite restaurant on Rittenhouse Square. They have consistently good food with consistently good service. Their prices are very fair for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't MissOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. I was able to book a reservation for us the day of and when we get there we were immediately escorted to our seats (even though we were early). The service was great and the food was awesome. My wife was very impressed that I knew of such a place and because she LOVES seafood, I earned major points with the Mrs. Fellas, this is a gem and make sure you get the jumbo lump crab cakes! My wife and I can't stop talking about them!Special Features:
- Beautiful spot - yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014Enjoyed a late lunch on a warm October day seated on the sidewalk facing Rittehouse Square. Our food was delicious, our server was especially accomodating. If we visit Philly again, Devon will be one of our stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love for Devon's....phillyeatsDined on 10/25/2014The food at Devon's is always great! The service no matter what time is always Impeccable! The setting is always inviting. A restaurant worth visiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncharacteristic ScrewupNanookDined on 10/25/2014Had a not so nice dinner experience. The food was good but the pace was ridiculous. We barely sat down and the menus were there and the waitress came back twice to take the order before we read it. Then the entrees came before we finished the appetizers and they whipped the plates off immediately when you finished so the slow eaters were pressured to eat fast. The clincher came when we split the check. It was a 50/50 split and they got the total wrong. Credit cards were taken and signed and we were walking out when they ran up and took the cards back and charged us more so we had to redo the whole check. When we got home the posted amount was also wrong. It was a mess. A classy place would admit, and bite "their" mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Devon has been a favorite of mine for years. The service is professional, the biscuits are wonderful, the filet cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Best dining experience all yearSweetspotVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I visited Philadelphia for our daughter's college parents weekend with many restaurant recommendations from friends. We lucked into a table at Devon Seafood Grill. Based on a superb experience, we look forward to returning on our next trip. Welcoming, knowlegable, and professional, Michael was the best waiter we've ever had in any city. It was difficult to choose from an abundance of seafood options (and we are seafood snobs and health nuts), but all 3 of us enjoyed our selections very much from appetizers to entrees to dessert. White table cloth experience with beautiful lighting in this restaurant. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good sceneveggiedocDined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. He happens to be a seafood enthusiast and loved every minute of our dinner. The decor and overall atmosphere was great. It can be a little loud, but I still felt like we had our privacy. A great surprise when making the reservation was the coupon for $20 off the entire meal. The service was amazing and our waiter was very attentive. The portions are larger than I expected. Overall, I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great mealEdh230Dined on 10/25/2014Had not been to Devon Seafood Grill in some time because we moved out of the City. Glad we were able to get back to the restaurant. Meal was terrific. Delicious food. Good service. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Came to Devon's with some seafood lovers and some not-so-into seafood people. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- MarleyDined on 10/25/2014Food great"...........service by Dante outstanding!!! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I took our college age son and his roommate. Great location and vibe, beautiful interior and overall an enjoyable evening. We had the recommended crab cakes for an appetizer which were nice tasting and without filler and the calamari which was a disappointment (overly fried batter with not much actual calamari). The tuna steak was delicious!!, the tuna tartar starter was a little spicy and the pecan crusted trout didn't have much flavor. The desserts were delicious--creme brulee and especially the strawberry ice cream. Our waiter couldn't have been better although some of the food deliverers just seemed to quickly set the food down turn their backs and leave. Would still recommend as a nice place for solid meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLietuva1Dined on 10/24/2014Celebrating our anniversary, my wife and I had a wonderful experience. The ambiance/atmosphere, the service, the meal -- everything!Special Features:
- good seafoodPhillyPaulDined on 10/24/2014The seafood is very good. However, the sides presented with the fish need improvement.Special Features:
- Recommended by a LocalOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/24/2014When we checked into our hotel we learned that our bellman's mom lived in New Orleans so we thought he might know something about good seafood. He did. He told us that Devon was always good and not overly expensive. We made a reservation for two on OpenTable, increased it to three and ended up with six. the restaurant was able to accomodate us with no problem and all six of us thought the place was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHappyCustomerDined on 10/22/2014Went here for my fiancee's birthday dinner. Had a great time. Our waiter Lance was excellent. Our entree were outstanding. Perfectly cooked with excellent flavor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service, noiseeTheoDined on 10/22/2014Very nice place, excellent food, wine selection outstanding. Service also excellent. Would come again and i do recommend. Prices a bit higher than expected.Special Features:
- Solid SeafoodMIckJVIPDined on 10/21/2014The mahi mahi was cooked just right and liked they they could prepare it blackened even if not on the menu. Mussels were good, a little small but could be the batch. Nice happy hour specials.
- Good to Great!PiodineDined on 10/18/2014The last visit to Devon Seafood Grill was for dinner. It was fantastic. We have been there for Breakfast (A+), Lunch (A+), Dinner (A+) and just a sidewalk snack. I can't say enough good. The bad part is.....because we have had such good....everything there, we don't get to experience other establishments in the city, because we can lose going to Devon!Special Features:
- Devon Seafood GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014All of the food ordered was delicious. The ambiance was nice as well and perfect for a special occasion. The only downside was slow service.Special Features:
- Great for seafoodRichDined on 10/18/2014In our party of four three of us enjoyed the seafood grill. The lobster bisque and the raw oysters were very good. The desserts were wonderful and plentiful. The venue was beautiful with all of the tile work and almost looked like an old indoor pool or bath. The wine list was extensive and we chose a nice bottle of Chardonnay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNickey203Dined on 10/17/2014The Food was awesome, and my server was the absolute best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good seafood pleasant settingtootsieVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband had salmon on a plank and I had lobster bisque and crab cakes. All of it was very tasty, although the bisque surprised me with its hot spicinessSpecial Features:
- LesleyeLesleyeDined on 10/16/2014Server was very accommodating and service was excellent. Food came out hot and the was of good quality. I would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOCKLADYSUSADined on 10/15/2014DEVON IS GREAT FOR EVERYONE...you will never be disappointed ...food is good ....servers are friendly and helpful with menu selections.
- favorite place in phillymealmarauderDined on 10/14/2014Favorite spot to eat in the city..been to a few times..cant get enough of the great food & ambiance! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceYakimanVIPDined on 10/13/2014Went here on the recommendations I of a friend. Very good food. Wine list a little thin but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwinTDined on 10/13/2014This visit was enjoyable for our party. I hope they keep the cook that was working on Monday, October 13th forever.Special Features:
- Has Gone DownhillcintydinerDined on 10/12/2014This is the second time I've been back to Devon in the past two month. Both times the food was really bad, fish was overcooked and over seasoned. The waitress was told it was my son's birthday and when I asked her to see the desert menu, she forgot to bring it to us and finally made a selection herself, bringing carrot cake which my son doesn't like!
- Wonderful!Satisfied5Dined on 10/11/2014It was awesome! My cousin which was her birthday and my ideal of writing on my special request to have the waiters/waitress as they walk by to say Happy Birthday Denise worked perfectly!! The food was fast and delicious and our waiter & waitress was awesome. We really loved it & my cousin said that this was such a wonderful birthday that she will never forget. A satisfied Patriot, Ms. CrosbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodiesDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary dinner. We had great service and our meal was on-point!! The goat cheese bruschetta was a great appetizer, we also got the scallops and ahi entrees. They even provided us complimentary champagn during our dessert for our celebration. We would highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Seafood GrillRDM1Dined on 10/11/2014Very good food and service. A bit noisy but still enjoyed the evening and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food...do not recommend for a romantic night out, very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Although we are not from the Philadelphia area, when we do get a chance to stop in (generally for lunch), we are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceJoGoDined on 10/10/2014I met a long time friend who I rarely get to see for lunch at Devon. We had the soup/salad/sandwhich combos for lunch. They were a great value and fantastic quality. Our server could not have been better and was attentive without being pushy.Special Features:
- Awesome Dining Experience!RhondaYDined on 10/5/2014Devon's food is consistently good!! The waiter, Cesar, was EXCELLENT!! Great service, great personality!!! He was very thorough in explaining the menu and specials. Cesar was attentive and pleasant!!Special Features:
- good, but disappointingbam313Dined on 10/4/2014The seafood was delicious, although some items of my entree arrived on the cold side. Service was great until a large party arrived and we were forgotten. We could have left 30-45 mins earlier if our server was more attentive. Atmosphere feels a bit stuffy and for an older crowd.
- DinerDinerDined on 10/4/2014Great experience will return. I have recommended this place before and will continue to do so, excellent dining experience for a Special Occasion.Special Features:
- lovetoeatDined on 10/4/2014This was my second time here first time was on restaurant week. I ordered the same thing I had on restaurant week which was the maple glazed salmon on a cedar plank it was excellent!! I also order the crab cakes as an appetizer they were superb! I will be back again......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!LyonsviewDined on 10/3/2014I treated Mom for her 90th birthday celebration. The service was great from the hostess who took great care and made sure Mom was seated while I parked the car (no valet for lunch) to Trey, our server who was attentive, but not overbearing. I really enjoy when I eat out & the food is prepared well, is beautiful and tastes good. From the crab roll appetizers & sesame seed infused seaweed, to the fillet trout, no filler lump crab cakes, to the melt in your mouth carrot cake (so full I ate at home) & Mom's key lime pie with creative & tasty mango sherbet and pineapple relish......my palette was very satisfied. They even remembered Mom's birthday and put a candle on her key lime pie! Very satisfied with Devon's and will be back again to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.