Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago
39 E. Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=153
- Phone: 3124408660x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & A La Carte Brunch: Sat-Sun 11am-3pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4-10pm | Friday-Saturday 4-11pm | Sunday 3-9pm
Bar: Monday-Thursday 4-11pm | Friday 4pm-12am | Saturday 11am-12am | Sunday 11am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Drew Hall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: Finest Hour food and drink specials: Monday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm | Sunday | 3:00pm - 9:00pm. Late Night Finest Hour | Monday - Friday | 9:00pm - 11:00pm. Available in the bar & patio.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open Monday-Friday at 4pm & Saturday-Sunday at 11am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (97)fit for foodies (93)good for groups (75)neighborhood gem (59)notable wine list (47)hot spot (34)late-night find (30)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (14)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Overall some of the best food and service I have ever experienced. I would go back and recommend everyone to try it once.Special Features:
- Devon consistencyJBGudDined on 8/31/2014Third different Devon I've eaten in - all very satisfying. The seafood mixed grill was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Will not b back we only frequent Devon specifically for the shrimp!!! Sorry u replaced them with soft soggy ones😡😡😡😡😡
- Highly recommendedPurplegirl410Dined on 8/30/2014I have never had a bad meal here! I have taken many for birthdays and other special occasions and always enjoyed it.Special Features:
- BEV1951Dined on 8/30/2014First time dining at DEVON in Chicago (I dine frequently in Hershey); was astonished that the same quality of food here as in Hershey. DEVON has become one of my top 5 fine dining restaurants and now having dined in Chicago as well, certainly cements its place on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerShowme86VIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The dining room was romantic with wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTableProVIPDined on 8/26/2014The décor is boring, frankly, and the dining room is in the basement. The waiter hovered and acted like he had a plane to catch (it was only 50% full at best). Food was OK, but nothing to write home about. Far better seafood options. (Their Milwaukee restaurant is much better!)
- Stellar DiningSheilaBVIPDined on 8/26/2014This dinner had been long planned. Devon's totally delivered a wonderful experience. One of the four guests had never been to Devon's and our server, who was delightful, walked her through the special features Devon's offers. The fresh fish was absolutely terrific, and the yukon gold potatoes, fried shrimp dinner and the crab cake appetizers were all exceptionally well-prepared. For the special requests we made, our server was extremely helpful, and delivered on all, assuring we each had a meal we completely enjoyed. The dessert splurge included the apple croustade. The ice cream that accompanies the pastry and apple dish was fantastic. It was a wonderful meal in a beautiful, cheerful setting with great food and service.Special Features:
- Great serviceWouldDefinitelyReturnDined on 8/23/2014The good at the restaurant was wonderful. Fresh seafood and steaks. However, what really out it over the top for me was service. Great service does it for me and this place had that. Not over the top but just right. Perfect timing between telling us specials, drink orders, food orders, etc. Additionally I wrote in the special recommendations box on the Open Table that it was a birthday. They wished a happy birthday and surprised us with a free dessert of our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Devon 8.22.14HelenDined on 8/22/2014Our dinning experience at Devon was just ok. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and really looking forward to a great seafood meal. I ordered Alaskan King Crag legs, which I typically enjoy, but more than half the plate was the "joints". The legs I did get were very thin and after sharing a piece with my husband there was hardly anything left. My husband ordered the ahi tuna which he said was just ok Drinks were just ok too. The mood inside was very dark and no music was playing and since the restaurant is fairly small, all you could hear was the clashing sound of dishes coming from the kitchen. On the flip side, the oysters were good and the service was excellent. Overall not the worst experience, but Devon wouldn't be my 1st choice
- Fresh DailydinealotVIPDined on 8/21/2014Devon (Do you say Devon or do you say Devon?) carefully lists seafood sources on the menu so diners know what they are getting. For midwesterners to be guaranteed fresh seafood well prepared throughout the year is wonderful. My companion was new to the restaurant, a favorite of mine, and thoroughly enjoyed the sea bass; I splurged on the Canadian lobster. The endless supply of biscuits could be lethal but they are so good. Wine pours come in two sizes (6&9 oz), a nice menu option. Our meal was what I had hoped for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Bisque Must HaveMSOHIOVALDined on 8/19/2014My dining experience was outstanding. Our waiter was fantastic. Knowledgeable - I had the Sampler with Salmon, Shrimp, Crab Cake, and asparagus. I also had the Lobster Bisque as a starter. The lobster Bisque was the best I have ever experienced. I had the Caribbean Hard Lemonade *****FANTASTIC!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFamilyDinnerDined on 8/18/2014Not much to say other than this is just an excellent place to eat. If you are in Chicago, this place should be on your list of diner locations.Special Features:
- San Joseans dine at DevonMarimuDined on 8/18/2014There were eight of us visiting Chicago and one couple had heard Devon was good for seafood. We were Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food which was memorably delicious at dinner! My husband had A steak and it was superlative! The seafood was perfect, wine list great, service impeccable! Be sure you get Paul as your waiter, he was honest about offerings on the menu and all of us were introduced to Basil ice Cream! So Yummy! I would return to Devon if ever in Chiczgo again without thinking twice.Special Features:
- Fit for a queen!LynziedeeDined on 8/13/2014Great environment to sit down and have a nice dinner. Service was great and food was amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, poor servicewaldmkaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went for the Wednesday 1 lb lobster at cost deal. Also got happy hour price mussles and maki roll. Food was awesome but the service was the worse I've gotten in all the times I've gone there. Probably just a fluke
- This was delicious dinner spotEatsoutalotDined on 8/12/2014Food was good service was good ambience was good - I'll go back ,Special Features:
- Outstanding.Loves2eatDined on 8/12/2014Phoenix our server was amazing will dine there again in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedRichSpleanDined on 8/12/2014From the appetizer to the entree, the service and the food was brilliant. The atmosphere and staff was inviting and friendly. We were visiting Chicago for a silver anniversary celebration and found the perfect place to spend the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish fishcarnivorDined on 8/11/2014yummmy tuna cooked perfectly, really thick ; comfy seats, classic steak house feel but focus is fish. good optionsSpecial Features:
- Just Good!BenichDined on 8/10/2014This was quality food made with great fresh ingredients, served by skilled staff in a good atmosphere. We had Sunday brunch and each of us tried different foods and we all liked them very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood and SteakhouseurbandinerDined on 8/9/2014Devon's Seafood Grill has an extraordinary selection of seafood well-matched to the price. My fiancee and I tried the Sockeye Salmon and filet mignon--both prepared perfectly with incredible flavor, and the portion sizes were just right. The light is very dim, making for a private setting. There is a wine room and other rooms available for special occasions. The waitress did an excellent job helping us pair our wine to our dinner selections, and the overall service was quick and silent. I am very happy to say I ate at Devon's on the night I proposed to my long-time girlfriend.Special Features:
- Greaet seafood, versatile spacesebastianDined on 8/9/2014The food is fantastic - reasonably priced considering how fresh the fish is, and very well prepared. The upstairs seating is pleasant for small parties or sitting at bar. The downstairs restaurant has booths and private rooms that work very well for an intimate group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisDined on 8/8/2014No waiting to be seated at the time of our reservation. Our waitress was terrific, as was the food (Both enjoyed lobster tails).I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 8/6/2014Great food, attentive staff. Dan was a great waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was deliciousdjwessDined on 8/4/2014went with a group; all orders were fantastic, especially ahi tuna special and scallops.Special Features:
- Delicious seafood on the Gold CoastDjSan2Dined on 8/3/2014Devon has it all: seafood, steak, great wines, and friendly staff. In the middle of Chicago's Gold Coast, it's rare to find a reasonably priced, non touristy restaurant, yet Devon has found a way to deliver on both, while remaining welcoming and upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I am a pescetarian (only eat fish) so I know a good seafood place. This ladies & gents is a GREAT seafood place. It is worth the $$ with a terrific staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againExperiencedDined on 7/25/2014Returned for a third time with friends from out of town. Great experience. Put us in one of the semi-private rooms. Great waiter - David, fun and helpful. Great meal.Special Features:
- Loved itAsiaWDined on 7/20/2014Recently had the privilege if dining at Devon with friends for my birthday! I Loved it & them as well! The food was great!! & the wine was good as well! The private area for us was lovely! & the best part Is COUPONS!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014They got rid of the Sunday brunch the week before we went which dissapointed us but we still decided to try it for brunch. By the way there was nothing mentioned on the website about this and actually the website still had the menu on it. I had the steak and eggs with a bloody mary. Bloody Mary was undrinkable it was so watered down and just bland tasting. Steak was about a 4-5oz portion(enough for breakfast) cut into strips but one strip would be medum rare, anouther well and aoughter medium(the way I ordered it) it wasnt very good, the eggs were fine and the potatoes were ok as well. Wife had cheese, mushroom and ham omelet she said it was a little greasy but decent. Wait staff was good but we wont ever be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/18/2014Food was outstanding. I had the charred tuna which was fantastic. My wife went with the crab legs that were also great. Good portion sizes too. We had never been to this spot before, and we really enjoyed it. The service was excellent, we had a young guy... blanking on his name right now... But he was terrific.
- always delicious seafoodhonestbleepsDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Devon three times now, and each time has been delicious. The food and service are always above average at worst, and phenomenal at their best. It's not inexpensive, but it's worth the occasional splurge for sure. The lobster mac and cheese is a must-try.Special Features:
- Never cease to amaze! Thank youSheilaBVIPDined on 7/15/2014I have dined at Devon's Chicago location multiple times. My joy is bringing guests who appreciate great food and service and seeing them enjoy the experience. This dinner was with 2 very sophisticated professional colleagues who have eaten at many top places and have traveled extensively. They were delighted with our Devon dinner. Each of them ate 2 of the wonderful, fresh warm biscuits and the fresh grilled barramundi and the wild salmon were terrific. They also enjoyed the yukon gold potatoes. Our server was attentive, informative and added greatly to the quality of the entire evening. Both of my guests talked about returning. Thank you Devon's (please bring back the cioppino - that is the only thing I miss).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Seafood & Great ServiceNancyVIPDined on 7/13/2014There were four in our party for dinner (bottles of wine are half price on Sundays). The rolls are served hot out of the oven & are very good. We each ordered a different seafood dish & we all thoroughly enjoyed our food. The food portions are generous & flavored well. Our waitress was very attentive without being intrusive. Save room for dessert because they are fantastic & big enough to share. The location is perfect for a after dinner walk to the Water Tower or the Mag Mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014I went there for a small group dinner (6) for a special occasion. The service was good and we were placed in a private dinning area that made the experience much more personal for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkably goodExperiencedDined on 7/10/2014Took my wife for her birthday dinner with our adult children. Better even than I had remembered. Every appetizer and entree was excellent and each was quite different. From Ahi tuna to shrimp enchiladas to the mixed grill to the basic but excellent filet mignon. The atmosphere was nice. I like the private dining areas on the side that seat from 4 to 8 or more. The hosts and wait staff were friendly and welcoming. My only criticism was that the crab cake on the mixed grill was poor (but I am from Maryland), and once we were were served, our waiter seemed to disappear, and it took too long to get the check. Nevertheless, an excellent experience, and we will be back.Special Features:
- StettDined on 7/8/2014The duck flat-bread appetizer stole the show...better than the entre and dessert.Special Features:
- upstairs downstairsskigDined on 7/2/2014Love Lobster Nights upstairs. Muscles are consistently great way to start dinner and large enough for two to share. Tried the chipotle shrimp enchiladas and will get them again. And again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Great location, great fish, but terrible service. Busboys good. Need more wait staff.Special Features: