Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago
39 E. Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=153
- Phone: 3124408660x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & A La Carte Brunch: Sat-Sun 11am-3pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4-10pm | Friday-Saturday 4-11pm | Sunday 3-9pm
Bar: Monday-Thursday 4-11pm | Friday 4pm-12am | Saturday 11am-12am | Sunday 11am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Drew Hall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: Finest Hour food and drink specials: Monday - Friday | 4:00pm - 7:00pm | Sunday | 3:00pm - 9:00pm. Late Night Finest Hour | Monday - Friday | 9:00pm - 11:00pm. Available in the bar & patio.
A word from Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open Monday-Friday at 4pm & Saturday-Sunday at 11am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
Devon Seafood Grill - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (93)fit for foodies (87)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (48)hot spot (32)late-night find (25)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- DisappointedRosieDined on 9/16/2014Went on 9/16 to celebrate our Anniversary; However, the frog legs my husband ordered were NOT fresh but rather frozen. What we were willing to pay a higher price for turned out to be very deceiving and disappointing as all other sides were great. The texture and taste of the frog legs were less than desirable let alone pass off as fresh. My husand's burbon was had so much ice it tasted very water down within a minute or two. Because of one of two entrees not being desirable with a bill of $180 for 2, we will not return to the restaurant nor recommend it to friends, family unfortunately.Special Features:
- BrunchLuv2brunchDined on 9/14/2014I was sad they discontinued the Brunch Buffet. They had brunch items on menu to select from that we're delicious. Bring back the. Buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSeptember47Dined on 9/13/2014Surprised to see that a room was reserved for my husband's celebration. I thought it was going to be a table.the atmosphere was nice and the service was awesome. .The food eas great my husband is still talking about the grill shrimp.I will definitely come back and recommendation the restaurant. Was disappoint with the $10 cake cutting fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpectedly greatarthurVIPDined on 9/13/2014After the mediocre reviews that accompanied the opening of the very pretty restaurant when it opened,I was a little wary when out of town visitors wanted "a special place for fish" that was also near their hotel & theater. Everyone was beyond being very pleased with their entries;our waiter (Phoenix) was experienced, cordial, prompt & mature.The place was quiet,at least partially because we were early I am sure. We may even return for our annual family dinner in the future, perhaps in one of the little private rooms downstairs.We had a theater time deadline which was met with ease. I was pleased that there were several reasonably priced wines. The tuile cookie may have been the best cookie I have ever eaten, even tho it wasn't a fish.Special Features:
- ExceptionalmarthaVIPDined on 9/11/2014One our favorite restaurants. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very fresh fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Very good fish. All fresh. Excellent service with extensive wine list. A little pricey, but not out of line for the area.Special Features:
- Great PlaceHandAMDined on 9/10/2014Not as famous as many other Eateries in Chicago but just as good. I liked the classy somewhat art deco look. The waiter was really great and personableSpecial Features:
- KrochDined on 9/9/2014Took clients for dinner - all of us were from out-of-town! Two of the customers dinners were late but they took care of it. Waiter and food were outstanding!! They had us in a small nook - perfect for a business dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic fish and seafoodtheamariaDined on 9/4/2014As I come from Scandinavia and very spoiled with great fish and seafood - I must admit my seafood mix grill is up there with the best dishes I had so fare. The Restaurant is very pleasant and service outstanding. We had a fantastic evening in taste and surroundings.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Overall some of the best food and service I have ever experienced. I would go back and recommend everyone to try it once.Special Features:
- Devon consistencyJBGudDined on 8/31/2014Third different Devon I've eaten in - all very satisfying. The seafood mixed grill was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/31/2014Will not b back we only frequent Devon specifically for the shrimp!!! Sorry u replaced them with soft soggy ones😡😡😡😡😡
- Highly recommendedPurplegirl410Dined on 8/30/2014I have never had a bad meal here! I have taken many for birthdays and other special occasions and always enjoyed it.Special Features:
- BEV1951Dined on 8/30/2014First time dining at DEVON in Chicago (I dine frequently in Hershey); was astonished that the same quality of food here as in Hershey. DEVON has become one of my top 5 fine dining restaurants and now having dined in Chicago as well, certainly cements its place on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerShowme86VIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The dining room was romantic with wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTableProVIPDined on 8/26/2014The décor is boring, frankly, and the dining room is in the basement. The waiter hovered and acted like he had a plane to catch (it was only 50% full at best). Food was OK, but nothing to write home about. Far better seafood options. (Their Milwaukee restaurant is much better!)
- Stellar DiningSheilaBVIPDined on 8/26/2014This dinner had been long planned. Devon's totally delivered a wonderful experience. One of the four guests had never been to Devon's and our server, who was delightful, walked her through the special features Devon's offers. The fresh fish was absolutely terrific, and the yukon gold potatoes, fried shrimp dinner and the crab cake appetizers were all exceptionally well-prepared. For the special requests we made, our server was extremely helpful, and delivered on all, assuring we each had a meal we completely enjoyed. The dessert splurge included the apple croustade. The ice cream that accompanies the pastry and apple dish was fantastic. It was a wonderful meal in a beautiful, cheerful setting with great food and service.Special Features:
- Great serviceWouldDefinitelyReturnDined on 8/23/2014The good at the restaurant was wonderful. Fresh seafood and steaks. However, what really out it over the top for me was service. Great service does it for me and this place had that. Not over the top but just right. Perfect timing between telling us specials, drink orders, food orders, etc. Additionally I wrote in the special recommendations box on the Open Table that it was a birthday. They wished a happy birthday and surprised us with a free dessert of our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Devon 8.22.14HelenDined on 8/22/2014Our dinning experience at Devon was just ok. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and really looking forward to a great seafood meal. I ordered Alaskan King Crag legs, which I typically enjoy, but more than half the plate was the "joints". The legs I did get were very thin and after sharing a piece with my husband there was hardly anything left. My husband ordered the ahi tuna which he said was just ok Drinks were just ok too. The mood inside was very dark and no music was playing and since the restaurant is fairly small, all you could hear was the clashing sound of dishes coming from the kitchen. On the flip side, the oysters were good and the service was excellent. Overall not the worst experience, but Devon wouldn't be my 1st choice
- Fresh DailydinealotVIPDined on 8/21/2014Devon (Do you say Devon or do you say Devon?) carefully lists seafood sources on the menu so diners know what they are getting. For midwesterners to be guaranteed fresh seafood well prepared throughout the year is wonderful. My companion was new to the restaurant, a favorite of mine, and thoroughly enjoyed the sea bass; I splurged on the Canadian lobster. The endless supply of biscuits could be lethal but they are so good. Wine pours come in two sizes (6&9 oz), a nice menu option. Our meal was what I had hoped for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Bisque Must HaveMSOHIOVALDined on 8/19/2014My dining experience was outstanding. Our waiter was fantastic. Knowledgeable - I had the Sampler with Salmon, Shrimp, Crab Cake, and asparagus. I also had the Lobster Bisque as a starter. The lobster Bisque was the best I have ever experienced. I had the Caribbean Hard Lemonade *****FANTASTIC!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFamilyDinnerDined on 8/18/2014Not much to say other than this is just an excellent place to eat. If you are in Chicago, this place should be on your list of diner locations.Special Features:
- San Joseans dine at DevonMarimuDined on 8/18/2014There were eight of us visiting Chicago and one couple had heard Devon was good for seafood. We were Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food which was memorably delicious at dinner! My husband had A steak and it was superlative! The seafood was perfect, wine list great, service impeccable! Be sure you get Paul as your waiter, he was honest about offerings on the menu and all of us were introduced to Basil ice Cream! So Yummy! I would return to Devon if ever in Chiczgo again without thinking twice.Special Features:
- Fit for a queen!LynziedeeDined on 8/13/2014Great environment to sit down and have a nice dinner. Service was great and food was amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, poor servicewaldmkaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went for the Wednesday 1 lb lobster at cost deal. Also got happy hour price mussles and maki roll. Food was awesome but the service was the worse I've gotten in all the times I've gone there. Probably just a fluke
- This was delicious dinner spotEatsoutalotDined on 8/12/2014Food was good service was good ambience was good - I'll go back ,Special Features:
- Outstanding.Loves2eatDined on 8/12/2014Phoenix our server was amazing will dine there again in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedRichSpleanDined on 8/12/2014From the appetizer to the entree, the service and the food was brilliant. The atmosphere and staff was inviting and friendly. We were visiting Chicago for a silver anniversary celebration and found the perfect place to spend the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish fishcarnivorDined on 8/11/2014yummmy tuna cooked perfectly, really thick ; comfy seats, classic steak house feel but focus is fish. good optionsSpecial Features:
- Just Good!BenichDined on 8/10/2014This was quality food made with great fresh ingredients, served by skilled staff in a good atmosphere. We had Sunday brunch and each of us tried different foods and we all liked them very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood and SteakhouseurbandinerDined on 8/9/2014Devon's Seafood Grill has an extraordinary selection of seafood well-matched to the price. My fiancee and I tried the Sockeye Salmon and filet mignon--both prepared perfectly with incredible flavor, and the portion sizes were just right. The light is very dim, making for a private setting. There is a wine room and other rooms available for special occasions. The waitress did an excellent job helping us pair our wine to our dinner selections, and the overall service was quick and silent. I am very happy to say I ate at Devon's on the night I proposed to my long-time girlfriend.Special Features:
- Greaet seafood, versatile spacesebastianDined on 8/9/2014The food is fantastic - reasonably priced considering how fresh the fish is, and very well prepared. The upstairs seating is pleasant for small parties or sitting at bar. The downstairs restaurant has booths and private rooms that work very well for an intimate group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisDined on 8/8/2014No waiting to be seated at the time of our reservation. Our waitress was terrific, as was the food (Both enjoyed lobster tails).I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 8/6/2014Great food, attentive staff. Dan was a great waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was deliciousdjwessDined on 8/4/2014went with a group; all orders were fantastic, especially ahi tuna special and scallops.Special Features:
- Delicious seafood on the Gold CoastDjSan2Dined on 8/3/2014Devon has it all: seafood, steak, great wines, and friendly staff. In the middle of Chicago's Gold Coast, it's rare to find a reasonably priced, non touristy restaurant, yet Devon has found a way to deliver on both, while remaining welcoming and upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I am a pescetarian (only eat fish) so I know a good seafood place. This ladies & gents is a GREAT seafood place. It is worth the $$ with a terrific staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againExperiencedDined on 7/25/2014Returned for a third time with friends from out of town. Great experience. Put us in one of the semi-private rooms. Great waiter - David, fun and helpful. Great meal.Special Features:
- Loved itAsiaWDined on 7/20/2014Recently had the privilege if dining at Devon with friends for my birthday! I Loved it & them as well! The food was great!! & the wine was good as well! The private area for us was lovely! & the best part Is COUPONS!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014They got rid of the Sunday brunch the week before we went which dissapointed us but we still decided to try it for brunch. By the way there was nothing mentioned on the website about this and actually the website still had the menu on it. I had the steak and eggs with a bloody mary. Bloody Mary was undrinkable it was so watered down and just bland tasting. Steak was about a 4-5oz portion(enough for breakfast) cut into strips but one strip would be medum rare, anouther well and aoughter medium(the way I ordered it) it wasnt very good, the eggs were fine and the potatoes were ok as well. Wife had cheese, mushroom and ham omelet she said it was a little greasy but decent. Wait staff was good but we wont ever be back.Special Features: