Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
17W400 22nd Street
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=180
- Phone: 6305160180x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 11am – 10pm | Saturday 4pm – 10pm | Sunday 4pm – 9pm
Happy Hour (bar only) Monday – Saturday 4-7pm | Sunday 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Cosnotti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood + Steak crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)fit for foodies (134)romantic (130)notable wine list (96)good for groups (86)neighborhood gem (83)great for lunch (71)great for outdoor dining (30)great for brunch (26)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (20)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Almost perfectnoneVIPDined on 9/13/2014Busy Saturday night. Short wait for a table (with a reservation!) Delicious Lobster Bisque. Trout and scallops were both wonderful. Service was spot on. Only disappointment was the chocolate mouse cake. Mousse was delicious but the cake was dry.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Very good place with excellent food. Calamari, Crab, Halibut, Lobster Mac, green beans, zucchini, potatoes carrot cake all were delicious! We will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!JonBDined on 9/13/2014My first time there but wanted to make it romantic for my girlfriend. When I made the reservations I asked if I could drop off some flowers and have our waiter deliver them when we were seated. We ended up being seated in a nice quiet, secluded spot It went beautifully. Our waiter Chad was excellent and the food was as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoosierVIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent hidden gem Highly recommend and is at a fair price as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a rushMidgeDined on 9/12/2014Unfortunately, we got tied up in traffic and arrived late for our reservation and rushed to attend a play at 8 p.m. Our waiter took care of us promptly and the food was excellent. We made the play on time.Special Features:
- Great fish menu interesting sidesFoodnikDined on 9/10/2014Upscale modern décor with added warmth, attentive service. Have recommended to many fish lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business lunchHurtzVIPDined on 9/10/2014Weekday business lunch at Devon in Oakbrook Terrace this past week - Food, service were excellent. Noise levels were low - Smooth jazz in the background. Very nice. Thank you.Special Features:
- A Delightful LunchpaulkatVIPDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with lunch here. We used the birthday coupon he received for signing up for email updates from the restaurant. As soon as we sat down in a cozy booth, our server brought fresh warm biscuits and butter. Yum! We had a lovely lunch--surf and turf with a 4 0z. filet and a choice of seafood. We chose the scallops. With 2 sides included, we chose the fresh green beans and the roasted potatoes. Everything was delicious. Access off 22nd st. and parking are a little challenging, but it's worth the effort to dine here.Special Features:
- LarryLarryDined on 9/9/2014Everything was sensational. Each time I come back, it seems to be greater than before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Go-to favoriteGregDined on 9/6/2014Devon is often my answer to the question "I want to go for a nice dinner where we can actually talk, and not worry if the food is going to be any good". Their kitchen is great - everything done perfectly to order every time. The servers are attentive without being overwhelming - they are well trained, well-versed int he menu, and often make excellent recommendations. Try the Lobster Bisque - it's amazing.Special Features:
- AnniversaryRoryVIPDined on 9/6/2014Terrific place but did not provide the booth we asked for . . .would go back againSpecial Features:
- Anytime RestaruantDatenightVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is one of my favorites from the standpoint of location, food, wine and service. We had the Coho Salmon and Halibut always fresh and always prepared as ordered. The food, as ususal, a pleasure and the wined was just the bonus to complete the meal.Special Features:
- Exceptional Service AppreciatedSheilaBVIPDined on 9/6/2014My guest and I were greeted as if we were VIPs, seated and the server was exceptional. My guest is very discriminating about wine and was thrilled with the guidance and information from our server. She also chose to "splurge" on the crab and was very pleased with the quality and quantity of her dinner. The oven fresh biscuits are always a great treat, and the sides we ordered were very well-prepared. The exceptional service, fine food and comfortable environment made it a terrific evening.Special Features:
- AlliQVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always amazing fresh fish, prepared to bring out the best flavor possible. Wait staff is very courteous and attentive. It is our "go to" place when we want a healthy, quick meal with no clean-up!Special Features:
- Needs WorkJandTDined on 9/4/2014Had a drink at the bar. Nice, friendly and comfortable. The tuna tatare was quite good with plenty of flavor. Salad was at best average. Wedge salad husband had included only a small amount of blue cheese and very light dressing. For dinner he had seared Tuna and it came as 3 inch thick chunk of tuna, rather than a delicate slice. Service was odd. Waiter took our order (did not write it down) and then came back twice to double check he had our order right. While we appreciate that he wanted to get it right, unusual to have to check several times with us to be sure. He also disappeared for some time from time for long periods. We had the impression he might have also been working in the bar that night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Excellent experience all around. This was a great choice and the reviews on Urban Spoon where spot on!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed spot in earlier incarnation in Oak Brook mall.first time at Devon's and we weren't disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We had a very nice experience for our youngest son's birthday He lives for oysters and lobster bisque, so we were definitely at the right place. The service was a bit rocky at the start, but definitely improved as the night progressed. Food was excellent with very ample portions.Special Features:
- Outstanding choice of seafoodGrowingfinsDined on 8/29/2014Upon the waiter's encouragement, I tried the seared Char. It is now my favorite choice on the menu. It was done perfectly. Seared to perfection. The waiter's knowledge of the fish as well as the other choice was welcomed. The restaurant is our favorite.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Always amazing food and amazing service! Brought our 9 month old with us for dinner and the staff took just as much care of her as they did us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for business lunchindygirlDined on 8/25/2014Lunch menu and seafood options very good. Lobster bisque very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- junebugDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful time and the food was delicious. The noise level was a little high but that could be due to 2 large party tables that were right next to us. Would like to return and try many of the other delicious options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014WE both loved the fresh seafood, excellent wine and phenomenal atmosphere. The service was outstanding and Mark was excellent. We were seated promptly, the staff was friendly and parking was not a problem. We will return for more fabulous dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Food is excellent, mixed drinks are top-notch, but service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent customer service each and every time! Makes the food and drinks even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryLarryDined on 8/19/2014Great atmosphere. Very romantic atmosphere. Food excellent. Desserts are way too small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to the lobster?GEMomVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been going to Devon, formerly Braxton, for many years. I am a lover of the whole Maine lobster, my husband enjoys more types of seafood. So we get to Devon and find they have NO MAINE LOBSTER!!! Yes, they had lobster tail, but it's just not the same. So I ordered the Alaska King Crab and it had a funny flavor. Between the less convenient location (in a strip mall), difficult parking, 'cold' décor and now, NO LOBSTER!, I doubt we'll return.
- Good, but service can be better.NA11VIPDined on 8/16/2014The service here was absolutely awful. That waitress was absolutely horrible.
- Love it!Eatitup2Dined on 8/16/2014Devon was superb from making a reservation all the way to ordering dessert. Service & food was second to none. I wholly recommend Devon's without a doubt. You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAthiejDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service! This restaurant has been around my area for a long time & I've never been to it. Am I sure glad I went!!!Special Features:
- Bad service experience this timeToniVIPDined on 8/13/2014This evening was a service disaster and we've had our server before and she is usually awesome! she asked if we knew about the lobster special and we didn't but then proceeded to order four. She came back and said only two left so we modified. Then she returned a third time and said only one left - disappointed! What we did order was great but we were very frustrated as we saw lobster after lobster come out of the kitchen to other tables. Also were charged for three sides we never received and got our drinks at such a slow pace it was almost comical. Either our server or the bar and kitchen (or all three) were having a really bad night or we were very unlucky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Disappointment!CrystalVIPDined on 8/13/2014This used to be one of my favorite seafood restaurants in the western suburbs however it has gotten very expensive and portions have dwindled. Went for the $12 lobster tail special, very nice! However since nothing accompanied it we ordered two sides to share, the parmesan roasted potatoes and asparagus. When they arrived I could barely believe how few were on the plates. The portion was barely enough for one person to enjoy! REALLY!!?? Potatoes are cheap! Asparagus in season is too! The waiter should have explained that the sides would be barely enough for one person. The biscuits are plentiful and delicious! Don't think I will return!Special Features:
- A Winner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Good service, outstanding diverse menu and elegant, yet comfortable, surroundings made for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodTravelingGalDined on 8/10/2014We love this restaurant; food is always good and prepared to your specifications. They will adapt to your needs, and on your birthday you get a free entree with the purchase of one, plus dessert. We are never disappointed. I especially recommend their daily fish selection. Wines sometimes are half price, which is a good deal. Overall the wait staff is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldDined on 8/10/2014Outstanding food and service as always. Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Tried Devon since we were in Oakbrook and wanted seafood. What a pleasant surprise. Had a 7 pm reservation, seated within 5 minutes. Many seafood choices and excellent sides. The tempura shrimp sushi was just ok, but the cabrese salad was excellent as well as the swordfish and halibut. I had mentioned on the reservation that it was my husband's birthday and everyone said happy birthday from the hostess to the waiter. SErvice was superb-we will be back.Special Features:
- Devon'sLarryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great food and the freshest seafood around. The list for fresh food is very every changing so you have new choices every time you come to the restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We had an amazing dinner and the waiter was knowledgeable and professional. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodRetiredandluvitDined on 8/7/2014We followed them from Oak Brook shopping center when they were Braxton's, everything we loved about the old restaurant are still there...food and staff. Highly recommend you check them out.Special Features:
- Always excellent.KayGDined on 8/5/2014Lovely food, lovely ambiance, super waitstaff. Thrilled to receive $15 credit for birthday and used it all up with a good friend for lunch. Of course, ordered more expensive entree than I normally would! I was a passionate patron of Braxton Seafood and am very happy that Devon is now open for business. I asked for Janet, who had worked at Braxton and took care of us a few weeks earlier. As always, she was superb. This is an excellent place for a casual lunch, a special dinner or an unusual occasion -- for two people or for twenty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.