Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
17W400 22nd Street
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=180
- Phone: 6305160180x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 11am – 10pm | Saturday 4pm – 10pm | Sunday 4pm – 9pm
Happy Hour (bar only) Monday – Saturday 4-7pm | Sunday 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Cosnotti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood + Steak crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)fit for foodies (120)romantic (110)notable wine list (91)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (69)great for lunch (65)great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (20)great for brunch (20)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always love dining at Devon !KATHRYNDined on 10/22/2014I have never been disappointed when dining at Devon (or had anything that I didn't like). The food is always tastefully prepared and the service is great. The Lobster Bisque is the best in the area and I always have it as a starter. Would recommend Devon to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodmch110VIPDined on 10/21/2014The food and service is consistently good! Love the Tilapia and other fresh fish.
- daisy & quincyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I took my niece out for her birthday. we had a early lunch. the service was excellent. the was also excellent. I am a seafood lover and the menu was excellent. my niece not so much into seafood so she ordered chicken. she said it was really good. I would recommend this place. it would be could for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDpapaDined on 10/18/2014I always enjoyed Braxton Seafood and Devon was just as great of an experience. The Calamari is delicious as well as the mini lobster rolls for a starter. For the Main Course my husband had the Ahi Tuna which was delicious and I had the Pretzel Crusted Trout which was super fresh. Highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- YoudothedishesDined on 10/18/2014While I was pleased overall with the restaurant I must say the Steak left something to be desired. It was not well seasoned and I asked for medium well however it was cooked well. Everyone who ordered seafood was pleased with their selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sweetest Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014My wife & I had a great Sweetest Day dinner. Our server (Mark S. ) was very good and the food was outstanding as usual. Miss/Mrs. Jackson also helped my our evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yinyangOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014My guests ordered seafood, they enjoyed it! My husband had the filet, cauliflower, and slaw. He was less than excited. Would not come back if he were with me. I enjoyed my scallops, sushiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyKenPDined on 10/17/2014Devon consistently delivers an excellent menu and superb service. Keep it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not outstandingDMTBVIPDined on 10/17/2014I like when wine is offered by the glass, carafe or bottle. So my husband ordered a glass of wine. The waiter asked, "A glass or a carafe?" He again stated a glass, so she left and returned with a carafe. Rather than just leaving it, she poured a portion of it in (definitely not 6 oz.) and left. Just strange. The food was good, nothing outstanding or memorable. We had 6:15 reservations, so a bit on the early side but we noticed that there must be some early bird specials for seniors as there was no bar scene and the restaurant was packed with seniors. Because I'm nearing that age myself, it made me feel good to know this place is not one where you go to see and be seen in your 30's, which many of the restaurants in Oak Brook can be.
- Lunch at DevonThreegalsDined on 10/17/2014This was my first 'lunch' at Devon. I have eaten dinner here several times and always enjoyed the delicious food. I wasn't disappointed at lunch. Great food, good choices. We weren't rushed. Experienced a very nice afternoon. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- JMikeDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. My husband brought me here to celebrate my birthday. Our server, Scott, was very helpful and attentive. I require gluten-free and dairy-free, and he and chef were most accommodating. We shared the mussels in wine sauce for an appetizer. Yum. My husband had the sword fish and I had the scallops. They were both delicious. My first choice side was the zucchini and corn mix. Unfortunately, it was not available. I ordered the roasted cauliflower which was delicious. My choices made for a very monochromatic presentation. For dessert we had the house-made peach sorbet. On this Thursday evening the restaurant wasn't crowded. The small children across the room didn't bother us. Lovely meal and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014We have been here on a number of occasions for dinner but this was the first time for lunch. The restaurant is consistent in it's menu preparations and attention to detail. The only complaint I had was that the fresh fish offerings on the lunch menu were scaled back significantly compared to the dinner menu. Lighting and jazz music in the background make for a comfortable dining experience.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTsparklesDined on 10/15/2014Great Food - Great Service - great atmosphere enjoyable evening with terrific food , service just a great feeling for a nice enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/14/2014Great menu Mon-Fri for happy hour appetizers!!! $7.00 appetizers...and $1.00 oysters!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!finedinerDined on 10/13/2014Our meal was delicious. We opted for the prix-fix offering and all items offered were exceptional. Server was very attentive and knowledgeable as well. Would not hesitate to return. I've read the review from other diners that were negative, I don't know what they were referring too because it was nothing as they stated.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and Service!Ranmari1Dined on 10/11/2014We want to commend the owner for a great job with the food selection and the people that hosted our dining on Saturday October 11, 2014. Chad the host was outstanding in give us recommendation in picking the fish selectionfrom the menu! His presentation was truly excellent!We do appreciate him deeply! Sincerely Mr. And Mrs. AguilarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had the king salmon and halibut both were exceptional for wine we had the Kings Estate Pinot Gris that turned out very well as a companion to the meal. The service was good but not exceptional she had little knowledge of wines and somewhat of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a romantic night out.BaconwrappedJonDined on 10/10/2014We love going here for birthdays and anniversaries. They always take care of you. My wife loves their shrimp enchiladas, and I keep meaning to try their pretzel encrusted trout but get waylaid at the fresh fish selections. I must admit, I've never been disappointed by that.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!mtrnDined on 10/10/2014I had stated this was my husband's 60's birthday. They had printed this on top of the menu! What a nice surprise. The waiter - Shane - was excellent with his recommendations. We were very pleased with the service and food.Special Features:
- Gem of a Place!ChicagoguyDined on 10/9/2014Restaurant came recommended to us, but we were surprised at how good it was in every area. First the restaurant has a nice modern look. The service was spot on. However, none of that matters if the food isn't there and it was at this restaurant. We were surprised at the amount of fish choices and hope to be able to try a few more. Finally, from the soup, through dinner and dessert, the food was mouthwatering. Not super inexpensive, but worth every penny. Will go back, if in Oakbrook area, take a chance. Very highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCEOUTEXP1Dined on 10/9/2014The service and friendliness of the staff is always the same; Outstanding! Food is always excellent and great value.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousourFAVrestaurantDined on 10/5/2014If you like seafood, this restaurant is for you. We visit several times a year and the food is always delicious. We took relatives visiting from out of town and they enjoyed their meals too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- half price wine nightsoozVIPDined on 10/5/2014Sundays they discount their wine - and they have a good celler.Special Features:
- Devon's - Great FindMInxVIPDined on 10/4/2014Nice place, the service was impeccable and warm. Food was well made and with great taste. My lemon drop martini was mixed well and we liked the key lime dessert as well.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!finedinerDined on 10/4/2014Our waiter was outstanding and very attentive. We had 6 in our group and everyone's dinner was outstanding. Would definitely return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Awesome foodfoodieDined on 10/3/2014We have been on several times the pretzel crusted trout is awesome! Love the ambience, however with its increased popularity the service was slower and the noise much louder!Special Features:
- Great time had by all!!AnneDined on 9/28/2014Celebrated a birthday with a group of 6. We all had different things...everyone had a fish entre except one had filet. Everyone raved about the baby greens salad and the cesar. Most went with the early special. We ate at 4:00, and between 4 - 6 pm, they have a menu of choices for $19.99. Includes a salad course and main course. Service was good. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Disappointing!RestaurateurDined on 9/26/2014We used to like going to Braxton's when it was in Oakbrook Center. First time we tried Devon since they moved from the old location in the mall and were very disappointed. Quality of the food was drastically different. My filet was dry, the lobster mac and cheese seemed like it had been sitting out getting cold, and the scallops were more like bay scallops than sea scallops. My wife's fish was overcooked. All around disappointed by a restaurant we used to really enjoy.
- Excellent foodscscVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food here is delicious. Our group of 4 ordered all different items and each of us were very happy with our food
- Friday Night at DevonMelsOpinionDined on 9/19/2014As always, the food was great, service excellent. Good location and easy parking. Enjoy it more when they have live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticSeafoodshellDined on 9/18/2014Service is great, food is wonderful,lighting is nice, very romantic place for our tenth anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectnoneVIPDined on 9/13/2014Busy Saturday night. Short wait for a table (with a reservation!) Delicious Lobster Bisque. Trout and scallops were both wonderful. Service was spot on. Only disappointment was the chocolate mouse cake. Mousse was delicious but the cake was dry.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Very good place with excellent food. Calamari, Crab, Halibut, Lobster Mac, green beans, zucchini, potatoes carrot cake all were delicious! We will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!JonBDined on 9/13/2014My first time there but wanted to make it romantic for my girlfriend. When I made the reservations I asked if I could drop off some flowers and have our waiter deliver them when we were seated. We ended up being seated in a nice quiet, secluded spot It went beautifully. Our waiter Chad was excellent and the food was as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoosierVIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent hidden gem Highly recommend and is at a fair price as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a rushMidgeDined on 9/12/2014Unfortunately, we got tied up in traffic and arrived late for our reservation and rushed to attend a play at 8 p.m. Our waiter took care of us promptly and the food was excellent. We made the play on time.Special Features:
- Great fish menu interesting sidesFoodnikDined on 9/10/2014Upscale modern décor with added warmth, attentive service. Have recommended to many fish lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business lunchHurtzVIPDined on 9/10/2014Weekday business lunch at Devon in Oakbrook Terrace this past week - Food, service were excellent. Noise levels were low - Smooth jazz in the background. Very nice. Thank you.Special Features:
- A Delightful LunchpaulkatVIPDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with lunch here. We used the birthday coupon he received for signing up for email updates from the restaurant. As soon as we sat down in a cozy booth, our server brought fresh warm biscuits and butter. Yum! We had a lovely lunch--surf and turf with a 4 0z. filet and a choice of seafood. We chose the scallops. With 2 sides included, we chose the fresh green beans and the roasted potatoes. Everything was delicious. Access off 22nd st. and parking are a little challenging, but it's worth the effort to dine here.Special Features:
- LarryLarryDined on 9/9/2014Everything was sensational. Each time I come back, it seems to be greater than before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.