Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
17W400 22nd Street
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=180
- Phone: 6305160180x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 11am – 10pm | Saturday 4pm – 10pm | Sunday 4pm – 9pm
Happy Hour (bar only) Monday – Saturday 4-7pm | Sunday 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Cosnotti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood + Steak crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (207)fit for foodies (144)romantic (133)notable wine list (102)neighborhood gem (94)good for groups (82)great for lunch (70)great for outdoor dining (31)great for brunch (29)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed spot in earlier incarnation in Oak Brook mall.first time at Devon's and we weren't disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We had a very nice experience for our youngest son's birthday He lives for oysters and lobster bisque, so we were definitely at the right place. The service was a bit rocky at the start, but definitely improved as the night progressed. Food was excellent with very ample portions.Special Features:
- Outstanding choice of seafoodGrowingfinsDined on 8/29/2014Upon the waiter's encouragement, I tried the seared Char. It is now my favorite choice on the menu. It was done perfectly. Seared to perfection. The waiter's knowledge of the fish as well as the other choice was welcomed. The restaurant is our favorite.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Always amazing food and amazing service! Brought our 9 month old with us for dinner and the staff took just as much care of her as they did us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for business lunchindygirlDined on 8/25/2014Lunch menu and seafood options very good. Lobster bisque very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- junebugDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful time and the food was delicious. The noise level was a little high but that could be due to 2 large party tables that were right next to us. Would like to return and try many of the other delicious options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014WE both loved the fresh seafood, excellent wine and phenomenal atmosphere. The service was outstanding and Mark was excellent. We were seated promptly, the staff was friendly and parking was not a problem. We will return for more fabulous dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Food is excellent, mixed drinks are top-notch, but service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent customer service each and every time! Makes the food and drinks even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryLarryDined on 8/19/2014Great atmosphere. Very romantic atmosphere. Food excellent. Desserts are way too small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to the lobster?GEMomVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been going to Devon, formerly Braxton, for many years. I am a lover of the whole Maine lobster, my husband enjoys more types of seafood. So we get to Devon and find they have NO MAINE LOBSTER!!! Yes, they had lobster tail, but it's just not the same. So I ordered the Alaska King Crab and it had a funny flavor. Between the less convenient location (in a strip mall), difficult parking, 'cold' décor and now, NO LOBSTER!, I doubt we'll return.
- Good, but service can be better.NA11VIPDined on 8/16/2014The service here was absolutely awful. That waitress was absolutely horrible.
- Love it!Eatitup2Dined on 8/16/2014Devon was superb from making a reservation all the way to ordering dessert. Service & food was second to none. I wholly recommend Devon's without a doubt. You'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAthiejDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service! This restaurant has been around my area for a long time & I've never been to it. Am I sure glad I went!!!Special Features:
- Bad service experience this timeToniVIPDined on 8/13/2014This evening was a service disaster and we've had our server before and she is usually awesome! she asked if we knew about the lobster special and we didn't but then proceeded to order four. She came back and said only two left so we modified. Then she returned a third time and said only one left - disappointed! What we did order was great but we were very frustrated as we saw lobster after lobster come out of the kitchen to other tables. Also were charged for three sides we never received and got our drinks at such a slow pace it was almost comical. Either our server or the bar and kitchen (or all three) were having a really bad night or we were very unlucky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Disappointment!CrystalVIPDined on 8/13/2014This used to be one of my favorite seafood restaurants in the western suburbs however it has gotten very expensive and portions have dwindled. Went for the $12 lobster tail special, very nice! However since nothing accompanied it we ordered two sides to share, the parmesan roasted potatoes and asparagus. When they arrived I could barely believe how few were on the plates. The portion was barely enough for one person to enjoy! REALLY!!?? Potatoes are cheap! Asparagus in season is too! The waiter should have explained that the sides would be barely enough for one person. The biscuits are plentiful and delicious! Don't think I will return!Special Features:
- A Winner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Good service, outstanding diverse menu and elegant, yet comfortable, surroundings made for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodTravelingGalDined on 8/10/2014We love this restaurant; food is always good and prepared to your specifications. They will adapt to your needs, and on your birthday you get a free entree with the purchase of one, plus dessert. We are never disappointed. I especially recommend their daily fish selection. Wines sometimes are half price, which is a good deal. Overall the wait staff is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldDined on 8/10/2014Outstanding food and service as always. Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Tried Devon since we were in Oakbrook and wanted seafood. What a pleasant surprise. Had a 7 pm reservation, seated within 5 minutes. Many seafood choices and excellent sides. The tempura shrimp sushi was just ok, but the cabrese salad was excellent as well as the swordfish and halibut. I had mentioned on the reservation that it was my husband's birthday and everyone said happy birthday from the hostess to the waiter. SErvice was superb-we will be back.Special Features:
- Devon'sLarryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great food and the freshest seafood around. The list for fresh food is very every changing so you have new choices every time you come to the restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We had an amazing dinner and the waiter was knowledgeable and professional. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodRetiredandluvitDined on 8/7/2014We followed them from Oak Brook shopping center when they were Braxton's, everything we loved about the old restaurant are still there...food and staff. Highly recommend you check them out.Special Features:
- Always excellent.KayGDined on 8/5/2014Lovely food, lovely ambiance, super waitstaff. Thrilled to receive $15 credit for birthday and used it all up with a good friend for lunch. Of course, ordered more expensive entree than I normally would! I was a passionate patron of Braxton Seafood and am very happy that Devon is now open for business. I asked for Janet, who had worked at Braxton and took care of us a few weeks earlier. As always, she was superb. This is an excellent place for a casual lunch, a special dinner or an unusual occasion -- for two people or for twenty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinigirlminaDined on 8/4/2014We were greeted promptly and enthusiastically by the hostess. We decided to sit outside but shortly after being seated outside it started to rain so we headed into the bar area. Our server was congenial but not very friendly. I decided on the 3 course pre-fix menu and had the spicy gumbo, which was awesome. My husband enjoyed a sushi appetizer. We were less thrilled about the main course - mine being lobster, which was a bit over cooked, the accompaniments of were good . My husband ordered the chipotle enchiladas which were described as spicy, but were not - in fact they were overly sweet and creamy - not at all what we expected for chipotle. The Creme brulee' was an delightful finish to our otherwise "hohum" meal.Special Features:
- JoeBDined on 8/2/2014Lots of fresh seafood options. My wife and I chose the $38 Prixe Fixe option consisting of appetizer, entree and dessert. Our server, Janet, was very attentive. Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- royalDined on 7/29/2014Tuesday evening $16.00 specials are really great deals and they're delicious also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait........IdofoodVIPDined on 7/29/2014I'll start by saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE Devons!!! I've never been disappointed, until my last visit. I had reservations for 4pm and I was 1 of 6 customers in the entire place because it was rather early for dinner. I placed my order at 4:10p, food arrived @5. I've never had to wait longer than 20min so I was rather shocked. I've never been disappointed with my entrees at Devons but I think timing is also important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereSaturdaynightVIPDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere here at dinner. The tables are nicely spaced and the room is fairly quiet -- wish other restaurants were so easy to have conversations at! The food is very good, but I can't go so far as outstanding. I do like that you can choose two sides-- nice to choose your own starch and veggie, or two veggies if you want. The service was good, nothing to complain about, but the server wasn't at all friendly or personable; felt like she really didn't care.
- Better than I imaginedRachiVIPDined on 7/25/2014The interior was nicely done. It was clean, polished and pretty upscale. It's actually bigger than it looks. The serving staff was great. They were friendly, made recommendations and were very attentive. The food was excellent! Very fresh, presented beautifully and served promptly. Empty dishes were removed quickly and empty glasses were refilled right away. The manager came around to check on things and walked around overseeing service quite a few times. The next day I received an email from the restaurant thanking me for coming. Although I'm sure it was an automatic email transmission, I thought that was a nice/classy touch. I would definitely recommend Devon's and will return when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BStepDined on 7/22/2014The place is very attractive, espite being in a strip mall. Dark, modern, well-appointed. Our waiter was quick to hit the table, but talked so fast it was difficult to gleen what he was saying. He offered no additional beverages, no ground pepper for the soup or salad. The seafood was tasty enough, but portions were small, shrimp was undersized for a place in this price range, seasoning was solid by not extraordinary. Overall it was just OK. Not what we had hoped for for a special occaision.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnercolduserVIPDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed a Birthday entrée coupon. It was Sunday so our bottle of wine was half off, and we got an anniversary dessert. So we were in a good mood. We shared the scallop on the daily fish special. It l was delightful and good accompanied with artichoke and asparagus risotto.
- Love Devon food....janfedDined on 7/20/2014food has always been great...and MOSTLY so are the waitstaff. Went for crab legs on Sunday and they were out....This irks me about restaurants in general...please tell your customers as soon as they sit down and get a drink what you are out of. When the waiter comes back 10 minutes later, makes me think they don't know what's going on... This time, we stayed...and I think the restaurant must feel if you're already there and have ordered you'll stay. While that may be true, I'll think about another restaurant NEXT TIME...so in the end, you lose... Food and drinks are always first class...fish can't be beat...sides are very good... oh, and love the music too...it's just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and servicediningoutVIPDined on 7/19/2014Devon has become our regular stop for seafood. We can rely on the fresh, large selection of seafood and the preparation is consistently excellent. The service is prompt and attentive. When only slightly delayed in being seated recently the hostess immediately apologized and comped an appetizer at the bar. The wait staff has the perfect balance of service without intrusion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NJMoodyDined on 7/19/2014I took my girlfriend to Devon Seafood for her birthday and greatly enjoyed everything . . . ambience, al fresco dining, food and service. I would recommend Devon Seafood to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selection and serviceJamesVIPDined on 7/19/2014There is a good selection of delicious dinners with some additional dishes available every so often. In fact there is one dish I hope to see back on the menus soon. This is currently our favorite restaurant. Expect to go here for our anniversary treat which is coming up soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/18/2014Our server Janet was great! She is very experienced and is excellent with customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ??? what happennedMeateaterVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten there several times before, both inside and outside, all wonderful dining experiences. This time, the food was great as always, but the service was very poor. The waiter seemed slightly confused as he took our drink and food orders. The entrees arrived about 3 minutes after appetizer was served.was not chatting or wasting time so I was very suprised! Then after finishing our entree there was a long wait before the dessert arrived. Guess I am being pickey, but I feel the food service was very poorly timed and the waiter minimally attentive. Final note, it did not seem busy at the hour we were eating as there was always an open table or two ( we were seated on the patio).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Environment2ndtimearoundDined on 7/18/2014The food was absolutely delicious and quite filling. I had the grilled seafood medley which was quite satisfying. I savored every bite. This was a lunch to be remembered. I can't wait to take my husband for this dining experience. The music was very nice, light and made the atmosphere feel like I was in a 5 star, pricey restaurant in downtown Chicago.Special Features:
- Good ServiceBandBDined on 7/16/2014I am on a restricted diet and all needs were met in a friendly manner and very good food.Special Features: