Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
17W400 22nd Street
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=180
- Phone: (630) 516-0180
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 11am – 10pm | Saturday 4pm – 10pm | Sunday 4pm – 9pm
Happy Hour (bar only) Monday – Saturday 4-7pm | Sunday 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Cosnotti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Devon Seafood + Steak is the perfect setting for your banquet, wedding rehearsal dinner, private party, birthday celebration, graduation party, business lunch or any other special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Bianca Garcia 6305160180
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood + Steak crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (179)fit for foodies (124)romantic (108)notable wine list (81)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (66)great for lunch (65)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (21)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (14)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Devon (formerly Braxton's in Oakbrook Mall)...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/19/2014...continues to have the best lobster bisque, charred Tuna and crab cakes around town. But why were the delicious "signature" sweet biscuits recently changed to cheddar and black pepper biscuits more fitting a steak house and people with no allergies/dislike of a strong black pepper flavor??? After over 20 years of serving the popular sweet biscuits with honey butter Devon just announced the new "signature" biscuits-cheddar and black pepper! The black pepper flavor is pronounced and lingers in one's mouth-I didn't mind but my companion can't eat black pepper and choked.Hey chef/owners-if you want to change it- at least give people a choice -if it ain't broke, don't fix it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood experienceMr6IronDined on 11/17/2014My wife and I had a great time. The pretzel crusted trout and scallop dinners were excellent. We started off with the roasted duck flatbread - great choice - and ended with the frozen flavors and lava cake - also excellent. Our server, Sheldon, gave us outstanding service. He stopped by periodically and gave great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteJamesVIPDined on 11/15/2014Devon is a favorite of my wife and I as we enjoy the superb dinners and great service in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place for SeafoodUndercoverFoodieDined on 11/14/2014We had a great meal. TONS of seafood options which is the main reason we went there. I would definitely recommend. I will be back to try at least 3-4 more things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoxfanDined on 11/14/2014I ordered the price fix seafood combo, it was just ok. Food was warm not hot and way over seasoned, to salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeaters and NewbiesMaryDined on 11/14/2014We invited our friends to join us at Devon.. although we had dined there before, it was their first visit. The service was superb as was the food. My husband and I loved the Almond crusted tilapia. I had the Yukon gold mashed potatoes which were delicious. My husband was disappointed in the lobster macaroni which was very dry. Our friends enjoyed their salmon and tuna which were prepared perfectly. We , as well as our friends will definitely return. LOVE THE BISCUITS!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbMidgeDined on 11/14/2014Dinner was excellent. Lobster bisque and creme brulee outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time wasn't the charmhydroVIPDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I visited Devon for the third time recently. On our previous visits we felt that the food was really good and that we had great service. Our recent visit was the opposite. Both entrees that we ordered we were both disappointed with. My wife ordered scallops, which had been much better in previous visits. I branched out and tried something different. The way it was described and the way it arrived were two different things. I really felt like all I had on my plate was a huge chunk of fish that was tasteless and very dry. We also split a Caesar salad which was very dry and had to request additional dressing. The only thing we really enjoyed was the sides we ordered and an appetizer. Very disappointing especially compared to our previous experiences. We will give it another try, hopefully it is better next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon Oakbrook TerracePaulaVIPDined on 11/12/2014Go to Devon Seafood & Steak in Oakbrook Terrace for the delivious crab cakes. My only complaint from this visit is that not enough of the sauces made it to my carryout box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great Service.KATHRYNDined on 11/12/2014I love Devon -- the food is always of the highest quality. The service is wonderful and I would recommend Devon to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenHJacksDined on 11/10/2014Had dinner on a Monday night. Quit and not to busy. Food was excellent as usual. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Food GoodtravelerDined on 11/8/2014Does not have a "class" atmosphere. Hostesses are pleasant enough but I would like to see a little more sophisticated look. And my husband and I aren't happy when addressed as "guys". I know probably the word "folks" is somewhat antiquated in today's world but then again, it does show respect for the diner. Just "would you please follow me to your table" with a smile would be enough. While the food was acceptable, the service was lacking.Special Features:
- Excellent BuylovestoeatDined on 11/8/2014We had the 3 course prix fixe dinner, a bargain at $35. The crab cakes are the best I've ever eaten. They are virtually all crab, no filler. The lobster bisque and chocolate cake dessert are both excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantitalygirlDined on 11/8/2014I would highly recommend Devon restaurant. I was our fist time there. Our reservation was for 7:15. We got there at 6:30 so our table was not ready so we sat at the bar. The bar tables were as large as a regular table, which was perfect. I had the raw oysters as an appetizer. Best oysters I ever had.I had the mixed grill as an entree. The shrimp, scallops and salmon were all delicious. My husband enjoyed his steak and was raving about the vegetables. They were cooked perfectly!! Our waitress was friendly and knew about the entrees.It was not inexpensive, but well worth it. Will definitely go back!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Dinner & Great FoodRoJoDined on 11/8/2014My wife's work recently relocated into the OakBrook Terrace area, so we decided to do some looking around and I set a reservation for Devon on Saturday night. As we were out shopping and exploring the area, we decided to go in to Devon early and catch some of the half-priced appetizers prior to our dinner reservations. We then decided to just keep our high-top table in the bar area, which had some nice lighting, great service, and TV's to watch some College Football. The people watching was fun as well, my wife loves to people watch. We had the strip steak, some oysters, the calamari, and a couple desserts. We couldn't even eat all our food as we went overboard. What a way to chill on a Saturday evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceJamesVIPDined on 11/8/2014Combine well prepared dinners with excellent service gives you a great dining experience, which is something my wife and I have come to expect at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Another Successful EveningDatenightVIPDined on 11/8/2014Devon's is a regular because of its great seafood, service and wine list. Last night was not exception the Coho Salmon was fresh, prepared to my specification and server in more than a bountiful portion. The wine, as usual, was top notch and served at the right temperature. Finally, the service was attentive and courteous all of items made this dinner and evening very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best!KayGDined on 11/7/2014Braxton's was my all-time favorite restaurant, but I only ate lunch there. Now I have had dinner at Devon's and it was beyond my expectations. Everything was delicious and fresh. Lots of people eating with happy conversation. Waitstaff was there and very helpful, but never intrusive. Lovely decor and very clean ladies' room. VERY IMPRESSED!Special Features:
- Great placeNickieDined on 11/7/2014Great food and wonderful ambiance. The waited was attentive and the manager checked I with us. It is a great place to go for great food and a quiet relaxed evening. I had the crab cakes and my dinner companion had perch, both were prefect. It is a hidden gem, tucked away in a strip mall.Special Features:
- outfordinDined on 11/5/2014Excellent restaurant. Service was very attentive. Waitress went out of her way to check with the kitchen to determine if roasted potatoes could be prepared without cheese, and kitchen staff was happy to comply. All items were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!!!!!!!!!!!IdofoodVIPDined on 11/5/2014I absolutely love Devon seafood+steak Oakbrook Terrace! The oysters are the freshest...big or small that I've eaten in the Chicagoland area!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon is Awesome!HappyTummyVIPDined on 11/3/2014Great food and the restaurant personnel could not be better at accommodating groups and even our request for separate checks. THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at DevonCJWSDined on 11/3/2014I was at Devon with 4 of my friends to celebrate a friends birthday. I had the Ahi Tuna Steak which was very good with the Parmesan crusted potatoes. My 3 other friends had the Pretzel Crusted Trout which was also very good and the other friend had Skirt Steak with a wedge salad which was very tender & tasty. Would recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- We plan to go back!Par4golferDined on 11/2/2014Excellent dinner! My wife and I spent an enjoyable evening at Devon Seafood for her birthday. It started with a friendly hostess, recognition of our reservation, and we were seated immediately. The service was excellent; our waiter (Chad) was great....attentive, not pushy, informative and friendly. We shared lobster bisque, and for entrees my wife had Skate with lobster mac and cheese and veggies, and I enjoyed char crusted ahi tuna (perfectly done) with Brussel sprouts and asparagus. For dessert, vanilla bean creme brûlée for her, key lime pie for me. All good, with an excellent bottle of wine. We plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoKato7Dined on 11/1/2014Our light was out over our table. Not everything I saw on the online menu was offered. Small portions and no sauces for sushi & seafood. Oysters were great! Showed waitress a coupon at beginning, but she didn't put on receipt until I pointed it out. I expected MUCH more. Won't go back. Told them it was a birthday celebration, but nothing special was done. Bummer!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Excellent experience and will return again. Food exceptional and the artic char measured up to the char I had in Iceland! Service warm and caring and an overall relaxing evening with old friends!Special Features:
- Always delish!sweetmeet112Dined on 10/26/2014Food here is so fresh and good! Service was good and they were so nice they even gave a free dessert for my birthday! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceboblewVIPDined on 10/26/2014I come here a couple of times a month and I am never disappointed. Sundays are a great day to take advantage of the half price bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Good, not greatGrilledCheezusDined on 10/25/2014Martini's, calamari, and desserts were great. Ordered a steak medium, and it arrived well done, table next to us also sent food back for not being correct. The decor is nice, and background noise was not to loud. Server was really attentive and our food arrived quickly. Probably won't go back again with all the other options in the area.Special Features:
- eathereeverydayificouldDined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner here. They customized our menus and brought us champagne. Best seared ahi tuna around. The staff is amazing and knowledgeable, including their marvelous bartender. Don't waste your time going downtown when there's this gem in the burbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rough night in the kitchen??Ndh7Dined on 10/24/2014We got the seafood mixed grill as usual but it arrived cold & over cooked. The portion size of the salmon & scallops was considerably smaller than normal. Our waiter was very good & the manager rectified the cold situation. It was already 9pm so we didn't want to wait on new food, so we asked that it just be reheated. Hopefully this was just 1 bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough Start - Strong FinishfardriverVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our dinner service started poorly...disappointing as we were very pleased with many prior visits. Our server pressed us to order immediately after ordering a bottle of wine. Once the order was placed, it took 10 - 15 minutes for our soup to be served and found it was cold. We asked for hot soup and waited again for the soup. Once served, the soup was excellent and the remainder of the dinner was very good. Management did apologize for the bad start and graciously comped the bottle of wine. We believe this experience to be a "one off" and we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner1889SouthDined on 10/24/2014I chose this restaurant based on the reviews and to take a break from the steakhouses. Our reservation was for 7 and we had requested a booth. We had to wait 15 mins. The appetizer was good, our server was attentive. My husbands food came out not even warm--cool. They took it back promptly. My fish (halibut) was to be cooked to medium but was past medium and slightly dry with little flavor. I asked for a buerre blanc to try to salvage and that made it better. It was ok but for the price I want much more. The complimentary carrot cake was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love dining at Devon !KATHRYNDined on 10/22/2014I have never been disappointed when dining at Devon (or had anything that I didn't like). The food is always tastefully prepared and the service is great. The Lobster Bisque is the best in the area and I always have it as a starter. Would recommend Devon to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodmch110VIPDined on 10/21/2014The food and service is consistently good! Love the Tilapia and other fresh fish.
- daisy & quincydaisyDined on 10/21/2014I took my niece out for her birthday. we had a early lunch. the service was excellent. the was also excellent. I am a seafood lover and the menu was excellent. my niece not so much into seafood so she ordered chicken. she said it was really good. I would recommend this place. it would be could for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDpapaDined on 10/18/2014I always enjoyed Braxton Seafood and Devon was just as great of an experience. The Calamari is delicious as well as the mini lobster rolls for a starter. For the Main Course my husband had the Ahi Tuna which was delicious and I had the Pretzel Crusted Trout which was super fresh. Highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- YoudothedishesDined on 10/18/2014While I was pleased overall with the restaurant I must say the Steak left something to be desired. It was not well seasoned and I asked for medium well however it was cooked well. Everyone who ordered seafood was pleased with their selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sweetest Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014My wife & I had a great Sweetest Day dinner. Our server (Mark S. ) was very good and the food was outstanding as usual. Miss/Mrs. Jackson also helped my our evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yinyangOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014My guests ordered seafood, they enjoyed it! My husband had the filet, cauliflower, and slaw. He was less than excited. Would not come back if he were with me. I enjoyed my scallops, sushiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.