Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
11715 Sherry Lane
Miami, FL 33183Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=179
- Phone: 3052750226x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10am - 2pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 10am - 2pm & 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Drew Hall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
Devon Seafood + Steak offers the area’s freshest premium seafood, Prime steaks and an impressive wine selection. We work with quality fishmongers, water men, ranchers & artisan producers to create dishes that are excellent from the start, using fine ingredients that separate the good from the great. Enjoy seamless service in a classic, upscale atmosphere that sets it apart from other Kendall restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami - Best Restaurants in Kendall ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)neighborhood gem (100)romantic (76)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (58)great for outdoor dining (57)great for brunch (52)vibrant bar scene (38)scenic view (37)hot spot (23)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (14)Show More
- Hostess are rude. Not a steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We were seated 20 min after our reservation after insisting with the hostesses. Noise level that if a diner not a steakhouse. Calamari too breaded. Steak fries too salty. Long wait for water refills. Manager no where in sightSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedMiamifoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Devon Seafood and think there should be more restaurants in this area of Kendall like this one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We have ben here several times and it has been consistent. Always good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RafaelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was my first time there and I thoroughly enjoy everything from the way we were treated upon arrival to our waiter to the ambiance to the drinks, the food was superb and dessert was outstanding specially the creme broule. It was a great experience one that we will repeat very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service was excellent. The food was average. I had higher expectations; not worth the price.
- FlipDined on 9/25/2014This was our first visit and we were so pleasantly surprised. It is like a Gables or South Beach fine restaurant in the middle of Kendall. It is a bit pricey for the Kendall area but you would not have known it from the number of people eating there on a Thursday night. The food was great and was served very attractively and the staff was wonderful. If you ever want to have a good regular evening meal or a special occasion one, this is the place. And it is worth traveling to from other areas. We got all over Miami Dade and Broward to eat and others should consider coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine ExperienceVirginiaBitaDined on 9/23/2014I went to Devon for my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend..and from the moment we sat down to the very end we were treated like Queens. We had ordered a bottle of Risling. They congratulated us on our anniversary and they later brought us out 2 complimentary glasses of champagne in these gorgeous flutes. Edwin was the name of our server.He was exceptional! We had ordered the Miami Spice seafood mix and the 12 oz steak..we wanted to try a little bnit of both so I asked them to split the servings and they brought it to us split half and half and it was a beautiful set up! Not only was the food divine..but the service is what makes it even better. I was completely satisfied when I left. I am definitely coming back here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal - best tuna ever!MissMoDined on 9/21/2014Four of us enjoyed the Miami Spice fixed price menu; 2 of us upgraded to higher priced selections (+10). As we were dining on a Sunday we also were able to take advantage of their 50% off wines (up to $100 value) they offer every Sunday. Grgich Hills chardonnay is rare to find and it was fabulous! The Lobster Bisque was the right consitency (not TOO thick but not watery) and the crusted tuna entree was simply amazing. The pork chop was too large to finish yet was very tender. The seafood grill was the perfect selection for tasting several items; selections were quite large. We will return!Special Features:
- Chic Kendall DiningLiz0612Dined on 9/21/2014Great food - fabulous ambiance. Been here on several occassions for Happy Hour, Dinner and now Brunch. Highly recommended for any occassion.Special Features:
- Happy Happy Joy JoyLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014This place is the bomb 💣. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFood4luvDined on 9/17/2014This is one of our favorite places. We dine there often. When our son came home with his girlfriend, we took them there. They enjoyed it and commented on the food, service, and ambiance. I have referred folks from the job and church there. We will continue to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gables & midtown quality in Kendallfotoman1527Dined on 9/14/2014That sums it up. These folks should be praised for taking a risk and providing a Midtown and the Gables experience in Kendall. This has never been an easy challenge, particularly for a chain restaurant. The setting is lovely, especially outside. The service is good and the food is very good. They are committed to a quality product, are consistent, and have numerous excellent promotions. For example, their entire, excellent wine list is on sale for 50% off (on bottles less than $100) on Sunday night. On Mondays you can get up to $20 off (per table) by giving them up to 20 wine corks. both of these deals are currently available WITH Miami Spice (through the end of this month), which makes for a very well-priced, quality dining experience.Special Features:
- Best Brunch & Seafood & ViewDarshanDined on 9/14/2014There is no place that compares to Devon. You might be surprised since it's nestled in at the end of the Town & Country shopping complex. Once you enter the doors, a sleek, yet casual neighborhood gem opens up for you. I must be honest, I have never dined in the restaurant area. I much prefer the high tops in the bar or even better, on the patio. My favorite is when the doors separating the bar and patio are opened. I think the best seat is a high top right outside so you can enjoy the fresh air and still feel the breeze of the A/C! Besides the amazing ambience, the food and service are outstanding. Always fresh, always delicious. The Sunday Brunch is not only full of seafood and non-seafood delights, but a great value.Special Features:
- bad service & ok foodmumuDined on 9/13/2014While waiting for over 20 min (with resv), my husband found a table by the bar but an employee told him that he had to ask the hostesses. Meanwhile, while he does what he's told, another couple grabs the table and no one tells them anything. The hostess didn't bother with it and had us wait some more. While waiting for the manager, we were able to sit on a table that got vacant. The pointless visit from the manager came without apologies nor explanations. Another thing I did not like was their very few vegetarian selections. Their "vegetarian menu" consisted of just two entrees; veg sushi roll and veg stir fry. It was alright. My husband said his steak was "OK" too. Not impressed by service nor food. I don't see us coming here again.Special Features:
- Great Food and Servicesproutygt2Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service were wonderful. Only complaint, it was loud! We had to lean in to the table to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit But Won't Be The LastmiaminativeVIPDined on 9/13/2014A group of 4 tried Devon for the first time this weekend and were all very favorably impressed. Appetizers, steaks and seafood ordered were all prepared as requested and the Miami Spice menu was a great value with several choices in each category. Our reservation was at 7pm and we were seated and served promptly. The restaurant was not crowded at first but quickly filled up and the only drawback was the noise level as the night went on - it went from moderate to not being able to hear the person across the table, which is great for a restaurant but not so pleasant for diners. Will definitely go again but perhaps try a weeknightSpecial Features:
- OutstandingNorms1111Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service were outstanding. The Miami Spice Menu is the best I've seen. Will definitely be back!!! Our waiter, Batiste, was so wonderful. Made my in-laws' 50th anniversary very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami spicemartyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Soooo good but the offer was same pricing as regular menu. All you get is dessertSpecial Features:
- One of our favorites!JAYASDined on 9/12/2014Devon is one of our favorite restaurants and we enjoy visiting at least once every 4 - 6 weeks. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughGrammynPopsDined on 9/12/2014Finally a fine dining restaurant in our backyard. The food and atmosphere was outstanding. We can't wait to go back. The Miami Spice Menu was incredible. Best we have seen yet! Awesome place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lately not the same ...GRlovetoeatVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is always great. Unfortunately, the service at the bar area was not the same. There were mistakes in the order and the drinks do not taste the same. I ordered the Devon Margarita. It comes with a foam on top (which is what makes this drink extra special). They were out of the foam and she (the bartender) served it that way. I should have been told about this BEFORE the drink was prepared and served. And at that time, I would have decided if I wanted something different. I'm a regular customer that eats there about 7 - 8 times a month. I see a difference in the service at the bar, especially when Javib (main bartender) is not there. Therefore, we have not been going there that often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in KendallArielDined on 9/9/2014We were waited on by Baptiste. What incredible service! He was excited by the food and eager to share his opinion and to hear ours. The steak was better than some of the finest steak houses that I have been to. My only regret was that it took me so long to discover this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!2chefsDined on 9/8/2014Some of the best food & definitely the best service I've had dining out in a long time. If you forced me to complain about anything, it would be the noise level... pretty high! Even so. we will definitely go back!
- Miami spice menu was worthwhileAllaboutfoodDined on 9/7/20143rd visit. My husband ate grilled scallops w/ risotto, I ate grilled seafood w/ Yukon potatoes and asparagus, both from The Miami spice menu. Husband's meal was $39, mine was $49. Meals included a choice of salad or soup as well as a small but nice variety of desserts. (Unfortunately, their excellent carrot cake was not one of the choices.) The grilled seafood platter was definitely worth the extra $10. For Miami Spice, the combination of salmon, shrimp, scallops & crab cake made for a generous portion. The scallop/risotto was smaller. On this visit we found the lobster bisque & risotto a bit too salty. Neither was inedible but both have been better on previous visits. Service, ambience, food is fine dining though some portions are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodsJavierDined on 9/6/2014Very good food and variety of wines, service is good and style are GorgeousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restauranthansa0622Dined on 9/6/2014Great Service Along with Amazing Food the ambiance was really nice and the selection of plates is very large along with the wine selection.Special Features:
- Good, but expect to waitJmartVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went to Devon as we had been wanting to try it for a while. We made reservations on OpenTable for 9 pm and arrived at 9pm. We were told we needed to wait and went to sit at the bar. Approximately 25 minutes later, we were told our table was ready. Thankfully, that was the only bad part. The waiter Raymond was fantastic and went above and beyond. The food was good, particularly the biscuits, and the carrot cake is RIDICULOUS! Highly recommend, but will confirm that the reservation is going to occur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodLissieDined on 9/2/2014A great restaurant. Always I have a good time. The service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingdisenchantedVIPDined on 9/1/2014We have been here numerous times and always enjoyed it. We brought friends from out of town and were sadly dissapointed. While our server was great, they seemed to be out of many items. While that is understandable, I feel we should have been advise prior to ordering instead of him coming back time and again apologizing for being out of this and then out of that.Special Features:
- Simply PerfectLuvmiaspiceDined on 9/1/2014Great Food. The Miami Spice Menu is fantastic - you can't go wrong with them. Sundays, the bottle of the wine that cost less than $100 is at 50% off. Monday - Friday Oyster Happy our. Try them all....Special Features:
- Great food, delivered as requestedivanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our party was of 6 members, and the food was served as requested.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceDeeDeeDined on 8/31/2014A group of friends and I dined at Devon and the entire dinner from the atmosphere, server, great food left me speechless.. I was blown away and will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAY OVER PRICED!!!!!cubanitoDined on 8/30/2014Way over priced!!! for size of serving, the quality was good the service was very good, the wine way over priced for the amount served and the dessert was good but so small it was almost invisible and way over priced
- dinner with n.y.c. visitorsarnietDined on 8/30/2014overall dinner was good , ambiance was very nice, the fried calamari appetizer very good, filet and tempura shrimp was good, pork chop was good, salmon was good my two year old grandson ate all his salmon so that was really good.Special Features:
- Great Food!RayCDined on 8/29/2014very good food..........steaks were awesome! .It was a little too noisy for me,but if you do not mind it,I will recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experienceatewellDined on 8/29/2014We made a reservation for our wedding anniversary and were given a welcome/congratulations card offering us free champagne toast or dessert. Our waiter was exceptional. Even though it was busy he worked really hard to get us our food quickly and was very attentive. Seafood mixed grill was very good. Loved the crab cake and the scallops, and I normally don't like scallops. There are so few really good restaurants in Kendall, so Devon really stands out. It is expensive though. Our appetizer was a tiny spring roll for 11.50 (!). But the quality of the food was exceptional. Very fresh and well prepared. This is a special occasion restaurant, not a weekly dinner out kind of place.Special Features:
- very impressivenewfoodDined on 8/24/2014The service was great,very professional and on point. The menu has a little bit for everyone. They also have half priced all bottles of wine on Sundays which is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent brunch, very nice atmosphere - waiter was excellent- After receiving our bill, we asked our waiter if he could make a new bill according to the individual (we were a party of 14) - he went back gave us each our own bill - very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapoinedLuciaDined on 8/23/2014I have dined at Devon several times in the past, but this time I found the restaurant loud, servers too busy to care. I believe it was due to the "Miami Spice" deal. If they are trying to get more people to visit, Miami Spice is not for them. They could not handle the crowd, waiters running, we felt rushed, our plates were thrown on the table instead of gently placed and our waiter was upset because our cocktails did not come the way we order them. I will visit again at another time and see if the service improves, otherwise I will consider that our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyChucktishDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent, food was good but overpriced. We will not go back because it was way too noisy and could not hear our conversation at our table.