Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
11715 Sherry Lane
Miami, FL 33183Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=179
- Phone: 3052750226x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10am - 2pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 10am - 2pm & 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Drew Hall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
Devon Seafood + Steak offers the area’s freshest premium seafood, Prime steaks and an impressive wine selection. We work with quality fishmongers, water men, ranchers & artisan producers to create dishes that are excellent from the start, using fine ingredients that separate the good from the great. Enjoy seamless service in a classic, upscale atmosphere that sets it apart from other Kendall restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami - Best Restaurants in Kendall ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)neighborhood gem (95)romantic (77)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (66)great for outdoor dining (65)great for brunch (59)good for groups (57)scenic view (45)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (26)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (9)Show More
- very impressivenewfoodDined on 8/24/2014The service was great,very professional and on point. The menu has a little bit for everyone. They also have half priced all bottles of wine on Sundays which is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapoinedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014I have dined at Devon several times in the past, but this time I found the restaurant loud, servers too busy to care. I believe it was due to the "Miami Spice" deal. If they are trying to get more people to visit, Miami Spice is not for them. They could not handle the crowd, waiters running, we felt rushed, our plates were thrown on the table instead of gently placed and our waiter was upset because our cocktails did not come the way we order them. I will visit again at another time and see if the service improves, otherwise I will consider that our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyChucktishDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent, food was good but overpriced. We will not go back because it was way too noisy and could not hear our conversation at our table.
- Not as upscale as it looksNotthebestDined on 8/23/2014Food is good not great! Service can use an upgrade! I would not go out of my way to go there! Better places to eat and celebrate in town
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014the food and service were outstanding. Excellent prices and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJohnBDined on 8/22/2014Fantastic selection and fresh food prepared to excellence. I was most impressed with our Server. She had a great personality, knew the food and made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchcr8jobsDined on 8/17/2014Many choices. Hot food in separate area from cold choices. Omelettes & Belgian waffles made to order, ask your server. The only negative was even with a reservation, we were seated at a semi-circle booth. For brunch, this made it very inconvenient to get in/out of table to access the food.Special Features:
- Good experience in Devon restaurantNone1733Dined on 8/17/2014Everything was excellent The waitress Fernando was excellent customer service great awesome restaurant to go with your familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience -OlgaDined on 8/17/2014Brunch with the family - would highly recommend. We were a large group and were given the private room. Did not know that the restaurant had one. Was very cozy with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kendall gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Great menu selections, food and service - full bar and outdoor water views a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Its a great find and a Keeper. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Good Food - fast servicegoodnquickDined on 8/15/2014The food and service are both very good, but the restaurant's service, while professional is rushed and way too efficient for a relaxed dinner. We were served our appetizers within minutes of placing our order - before the drinks were poured, and before the bread was brought to the table. The waiters were anxious to take away our plates the minute our forks were put down. The appetizer plates were taken, and the dinner plates put down immediately. There wasn't anyone waiting for a table, and it wasn't near closing, it seems like everyone is focused on turning the table over as quickly as possible instead of making the guest feel comfortable and allowing for a relaxed dining experience.Special Features:
- PrincessTVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food, poor service. Couple the service with the high noise level and it is probably not a restaurant we will return to. The food was wonderful which makes it that much more of a shame.....
- not SpiceyMrPickeyDined on 8/13/2014Tried this with the current Miami Spice Promo. The only thing they do here is give you a free dessert and that's if you get the filet, otherwise there is no benefit except you can't choose your side item. Also verify with your wait staff that what you want to order is available. I originally ordered a lobster only to find out it wasn't available and that I was given an old menu. It happens, I guess. The steak was very good. The lobster mac was also good. I just expected better, comparing to other top steak houses in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/12/2014Always a wonderful experience. Outstanding food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Was Good Service Not so MuchCranebrothersVIPDined on 8/10/2014This was the first time we encountered mediocre service at Devon's. We took my cousin for his birthday to brunch & the waitress started out by quoting all the prices tacky;especially since I had put on the reservations its a birthday celebration. Absolutely NOTHING was done by the restaurant for the birthday celebration. Food was OK, but you had to keep asking for plates, and fruit salad or other items you needed to ask they be filled vs. someone constantly manning the stations. I had to chase down our waitress for Coffee, water, at the end then she came by & picked up everything & did not ask if anyone wanted a refill on the coffee or anything else. Service just put a damper on the event & I will not return for Brunch.Special Features:
- red2018Dined on 8/10/2014Went to the Sunday buffet. I don't believe that the food was worth the price. Not asked if we wanted waffles or omelets (they are made in the kitchen). The food was just so-so. Nothing I wanted to go back for seconds. The waffles were good when we asked for them. I would think that the waitress would ask if she could start us off with waffles or an omelet. The service was bad. She just gave us water, brought coffee then just wandered off. The coffee was cold and had to ask for refills on drinks and water, had to flag her down for everything else. We were her only table at the time. Disappointed and will not go back to this restaurant again.
- would recommend to a frienddatboneDined on 8/8/2014All the food was very good or excellent. The black grouper and particularly the char crusted tuna are standouts. Our waiter, Amit, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- devonluv2dineVIPDined on 8/8/2014just great!! great menu selections reasonable prices. great, friendly service.. Miami Spice menu one of the BEST!! truly a wonderful experience..Special Features:
- Great food awesome serviceIscreammanDined on 8/8/2014We have been to Devon several times and the good is always great and the service is always awesome. Our waiter Fernando P. went above and beyond to make sure our experience was the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014To go for happy hour is great. Appetizers are very good.as for dinner The food was good, but the prices for wine too high. one glass of wine $17 . Is way too much .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RayCDined on 8/6/2014We have been a few times at this restaurant and enjoy every meal.Our waiter was outstanding. Planning to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters and SpiceratpeepsDined on 8/5/2014Great food, service, ambience. Sisters and their husbands (spice) reunited after 7 months. This was a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will keep coming backHantreeDined on 8/5/2014But only was the food amazing, waiter Batist, was incredibly knowledgeable. Will recommend to anyone !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome disheslovetoeatDined on 8/3/2014The lobster bisque was one of the best I have ever had.....Miami Spice menu was a good buy. Seared tuna was outstanding, and 50% off wine bottles on Sunday for wines under $100 was a nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami spice menu is a great deal!FoodfanDined on 8/3/2014It was my parents bday dinner. We ordered off the Miami spice menu.The service was excellent and the food was pretty good after I sent my raw steak back twice to be cooked to "medium". I was also a little disappointed that no one sang happy birthday to my parents even after I asked. The waitress did bring out a bowl of ice cream with a candle in it but I think they could have made it a little more special for my parents. Perhaps Devon is more of an "everyday" restaurant instead of a "special occasion" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value!alfredDined on 8/3/2014The Brunch is a great value, the only complaint I have is waiting too long for items to be replenished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great the restaurant had a great vibe.unfortunately they did not honor reservations we had a 9 pm and had to wait till 940. At 910 a cojple walk in and are seated within minutes whe we questioned it they said they had 845 reservation. I understand a 15 min hold but that was crazy and the girls at the front were rude and seemed lost. However once we were seated everything changex servixe was great the food was awesome. We will try again with the hope the greeters get it together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Beach in KendallDebidoesdiningDined on 8/2/2014Great food, dining and ambience in Kendall. Feels like South Beach but better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We had a lovely dinner with friends in a booth, good waiter, good food...all in all, very nice eveningSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Food, Super ServicesocavikingDined on 8/2/2014My sister and I went to DS+S to commemorate on an anniversary very special to our family. We heard about it through the "Miami Spice" website. Once we got inside we realized we were in a very upscale aka "Classy Joint" as my dear Mom would have put it. All we can do is rave and rave about the food and the service. We were tag teamed by 2 very professional wait staff, Raymond and Lenny, so we wanted for nothing, and the whole evening was perfect. I will most certainly go here again whenever I have out of town guests I want to impress with what we have to offer right here in Kendall, and also get hubby to splurge on a few date nites there just for us.Special Features:
- angel925Dined on 8/2/2014Devon was a nice restaurant for special occasions. The bar prices are very expensive. The food prices were high, but so was the food quality. Servers were nice, almost too chatty. Also, a little too noisy for intimate conversation, but OK for groups. We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and found it to be very good quality, nice portions, and not so pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuciDined on 8/1/2014Convenient valet parking. Excellent wine selection. Great service. And the food? Magnificent. The seafood gumbo was tastier than any I've had in Miami. In fact, it's exactly like the ones served in New Orleans finest restaurants! Spicyness included. The lemon risotto was perfect as were the lobster Mac n' cheese, and the scallops. Will no doubt return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChefVinnieDined on 8/1/2014We dined with 4 people from the Open Table menu and every part of our dinner was well-presented and tasted wonderful. We also had a very nice waiter who made a good wine recommendation. A bit high noise level, but the wonderful food was enough compensation. Will definitely return! Would like to see more similar high quality restaurants in our Kendall neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocationMiami2003Dined on 8/1/2014Parking is a challenge, but tolerable. On-line reservation was outstanding however, our table was on the dark side of the restaurant and that was the only imperfection to a otherwise perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazinglooking4gr8foodDined on 8/1/2014I must say I always wanted to try this place and thanks to Miami Spice I did and will be back. The food is AMAZING. It's a little dark in the restaurant, but other than that I wouldn't change much else.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 7/30/2014Second time there. Superb. Everything perfect. Will return.Special Features:
- DevonDBSBDined on 7/29/2014Outstanding food. Fabulous service. Great biscuits, piping hot from the over with a side of honey and butter served together in a separate ramekin. Salmon special with a leek sauce was a treat. We loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devon is DivinecurlyjDined on 7/29/2014This is the second time I've eaten at Devon. My husband & I moved to the Gables so we don't get to Kendall as often but a commitment bought us there and we had dinner at Devon. We were warmly greeted at the door. The food & wine was excellent; the service impeccable; our waiter, Jean-Baptiste, was informative, attentive and helpful. We will return to Devon again...thanks for a lovely dining experience!Special Features:
- MUST GO!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was an epic date night with my husband. The food, wine and service was outstanding! Must try: lobster mac'n cheese, lemon asparagus risotto and lobster tamale.Special Features: