Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
11715 Sherry Lane
Miami, FL 33183Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=179
- Phone: 3052750226x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10am - 2pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 10am - 2pm & 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Drew Hall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami
Devon Seafood + Steak offers the area’s freshest premium seafood, Prime steaks and an impressive wine selection. We work with quality fishmongers, water men, ranchers & artisan producers to create dishes that are excellent from the start, using fine ingredients that separate the good from the great. Enjoy seamless service in a classic, upscale atmosphere that sets it apart from other Kendall restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami - Best Restaurants in Kendall ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)neighborhood gem (107)good for groups (74)romantic (73)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (62)great for outdoor dining (55)great for brunch (44)vibrant bar scene (40)scenic view (35)hot spot (24)great for lunch (18)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- Great restaurantJaryDined on 10/24/2014This was our first time dining at Devon Seafood & Steak. We loved it! The food and service was phenomenal.Special Features:
- AdysadysDined on 10/24/2014The food was delicious. The ambiance is not what I personally like. A lot of kids on a Friday night. However the food was so scrumptious we were able to over look that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerCHIEFDined on 10/24/2014I was here Friday night October 24 with a party of 8. Food was great, service was great. My out of town guest loved the dining experience.Special Features:
- great foodRayCDined on 10/20/2014Food was very good....However,kitchen was too slow this time. Still ,I will come back again..Special Features:
- Delicious foodDelishDined on 10/17/2014Always consistent, food is great, service is great. Always a positive experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service A+RickDined on 10/15/2014Excellent and attentive waiters. A pleasant dining experience great tasting steaks and seafood. Reservations are recommended. One of the better restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-excellent serviceZfoodiesDined on 10/14/2014We were not rushed through dinner. Attention to detail from everyone. Excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairMiamiVIPDined on 10/12/2014It's one of the best places in the area. The food is fair. The place is nice. I would continue going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lakeside Gem4starsDined on 10/11/2014Devon is a hidden gem located in Kendall, Florida. I have to been to countelss restaurants and this one tops the list in great food and service. Parking used to be an issue since its in the mall's restaurant row but now it has valet parking as well. Whether its brunch or dinner i always think of Devon first. Danny our waiter was exemplary. Service has always been 5 star. The blonde girl at the front was incredible.. We sat at the bar tables since we were waiting for some people and she remembered us when the reservation time came and asked us if we wanted the inside table or just wanted to stay where we were. That is the kind of attention that makes you want to go back.Special Features:
- Great service and food, price accesdinne2liveDined on 10/5/2014Great service and food, price accessible,We had excellent service from our waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatATEITALLDined on 9/29/2014Food,service where the best. we really enjoyed the lobser bisque and the iced tea ,my wife thought the tuna was the best she has ever had, e will be back with our family very soon.Special Features:
- Hostess are rude. Not a steakhouseTerribleDined on 9/27/2014We were seated 20 min after our reservation after insisting with the hostesses. Noise level that if a diner not a steakhouse. Calamari too breaded. Steak fries too salty. Long wait for water refills. Manager no where in sightSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedMiamifoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Devon Seafood and think there should be more restaurants in this area of Kendall like this one.Special Features:
- maraDined on 9/27/2014We have ben here several times and it has been consistent. Always good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RafaelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was my first time there and I thoroughly enjoy everything from the way we were treated upon arrival to our waiter to the ambiance to the drinks, the food was superb and dessert was outstanding specially the creme broule. It was a great experience one that we will repeat very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diggy922Dined on 9/27/2014The service was excellent. The food was average. I had higher expectations; not worth the price.
- FlipDined on 9/25/2014This was our first visit and we were so pleasantly surprised. It is like a Gables or South Beach fine restaurant in the middle of Kendall. It is a bit pricey for the Kendall area but you would not have known it from the number of people eating there on a Thursday night. The food was great and was served very attractively and the staff was wonderful. If you ever want to have a good regular evening meal or a special occasion one, this is the place. And it is worth traveling to from other areas. We got all over Miami Dade and Broward to eat and others should consider coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine ExperienceVirginiaBitaDined on 9/23/2014I went to Devon for my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend..and from the moment we sat down to the very end we were treated like Queens. We had ordered a bottle of Risling. They congratulated us on our anniversary and they later brought us out 2 complimentary glasses of champagne in these gorgeous flutes. Edwin was the name of our server.He was exceptional! We had ordered the Miami Spice seafood mix and the 12 oz steak..we wanted to try a little bnit of both so I asked them to split the servings and they brought it to us split half and half and it was a beautiful set up! Not only was the food divine..but the service is what makes it even better. I was completely satisfied when I left. I am definitely coming back here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal - best tuna ever!MissMoDined on 9/21/2014Four of us enjoyed the Miami Spice fixed price menu; 2 of us upgraded to higher priced selections (+10). As we were dining on a Sunday we also were able to take advantage of their 50% off wines (up to $100 value) they offer every Sunday. Grgich Hills chardonnay is rare to find and it was fabulous! The Lobster Bisque was the right consitency (not TOO thick but not watery) and the crusted tuna entree was simply amazing. The pork chop was too large to finish yet was very tender. The seafood grill was the perfect selection for tasting several items; selections were quite large. We will return!Special Features:
- Chic Kendall DiningLiz0612Dined on 9/21/2014Great food - fabulous ambiance. Been here on several occassions for Happy Hour, Dinner and now Brunch. Highly recommended for any occassion.Special Features:
- Happy Happy Joy JoyLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014This place is the bomb 💣. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFood4luvDined on 9/17/2014This is one of our favorite places. We dine there often. When our son came home with his girlfriend, we took them there. They enjoyed it and commented on the food, service, and ambiance. I have referred folks from the job and church there. We will continue to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gables & midtown quality in Kendallfotoman1527Dined on 9/14/2014That sums it up. These folks should be praised for taking a risk and providing a Midtown and the Gables experience in Kendall. This has never been an easy challenge, particularly for a chain restaurant. The setting is lovely, especially outside. The service is good and the food is very good. They are committed to a quality product, are consistent, and have numerous excellent promotions. For example, their entire, excellent wine list is on sale for 50% off (on bottles less than $100) on Sunday night. On Mondays you can get up to $20 off (per table) by giving them up to 20 wine corks. both of these deals are currently available WITH Miami Spice (through the end of this month), which makes for a very well-priced, quality dining experience.Special Features:
- Best Brunch & Seafood & ViewDarshanDined on 9/14/2014There is no place that compares to Devon. You might be surprised since it's nestled in at the end of the Town & Country shopping complex. Once you enter the doors, a sleek, yet casual neighborhood gem opens up for you. I must be honest, I have never dined in the restaurant area. I much prefer the high tops in the bar or even better, on the patio. My favorite is when the doors separating the bar and patio are opened. I think the best seat is a high top right outside so you can enjoy the fresh air and still feel the breeze of the A/C! Besides the amazing ambience, the food and service are outstanding. Always fresh, always delicious. The Sunday Brunch is not only full of seafood and non-seafood delights, but a great value.Special Features:
- bad service & ok foodmumuDined on 9/13/2014While waiting for over 20 min (with resv), my husband found a table by the bar but an employee told him that he had to ask the hostesses. Meanwhile, while he does what he's told, another couple grabs the table and no one tells them anything. The hostess didn't bother with it and had us wait some more. While waiting for the manager, we were able to sit on a table that got vacant. The pointless visit from the manager came without apologies nor explanations. Another thing I did not like was their very few vegetarian selections. Their "vegetarian menu" consisted of just two entrees; veg sushi roll and veg stir fry. It was alright. My husband said his steak was "OK" too. Not impressed by service nor food. I don't see us coming here again.Special Features:
- Great Food and Servicesproutygt2Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service were wonderful. Only complaint, it was loud! We had to lean in to the table to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit But Won't Be The LastmiaminativeVIPDined on 9/13/2014A group of 4 tried Devon for the first time this weekend and were all very favorably impressed. Appetizers, steaks and seafood ordered were all prepared as requested and the Miami Spice menu was a great value with several choices in each category. Our reservation was at 7pm and we were seated and served promptly. The restaurant was not crowded at first but quickly filled up and the only drawback was the noise level as the night went on - it went from moderate to not being able to hear the person across the table, which is great for a restaurant but not so pleasant for diners. Will definitely go again but perhaps try a weeknightSpecial Features:
- OutstandingNorms1111Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service were outstanding. The Miami Spice Menu is the best I've seen. Will definitely be back!!! Our waiter, Batiste, was so wonderful. Made my in-laws' 50th anniversary very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami spicemartyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Soooo good but the offer was same pricing as regular menu. All you get is dessertSpecial Features:
- One of our favorites!JAYASDined on 9/12/2014Devon is one of our favorite restaurants and we enjoy visiting at least once every 4 - 6 weeks. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughGrammynPopsDined on 9/12/2014Finally a fine dining restaurant in our backyard. The food and atmosphere was outstanding. We can't wait to go back. The Miami Spice Menu was incredible. Best we have seen yet! Awesome place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lately not the same ...GRlovetoeatVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food is always great. Unfortunately, the service at the bar area was not the same. There were mistakes in the order and the drinks do not taste the same. I ordered the Devon Margarita. It comes with a foam on top (which is what makes this drink extra special). They were out of the foam and she (the bartender) served it that way. I should have been told about this BEFORE the drink was prepared and served. And at that time, I would have decided if I wanted something different. I'm a regular customer that eats there about 7 - 8 times a month. I see a difference in the service at the bar, especially when Javib (main bartender) is not there. Therefore, we have not been going there that often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in KendallArielDined on 9/9/2014We were waited on by Baptiste. What incredible service! He was excited by the food and eager to share his opinion and to hear ours. The steak was better than some of the finest steak houses that I have been to. My only regret was that it took me so long to discover this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!2chefsDined on 9/8/2014Some of the best food & definitely the best service I've had dining out in a long time. If you forced me to complain about anything, it would be the noise level... pretty high! Even so. we will definitely go back!
- Miami spice menu was worthwhileAllaboutfoodDined on 9/7/20143rd visit. My husband ate grilled scallops w/ risotto, I ate grilled seafood w/ Yukon potatoes and asparagus, both from The Miami spice menu. Husband's meal was $39, mine was $49. Meals included a choice of salad or soup as well as a small but nice variety of desserts. (Unfortunately, their excellent carrot cake was not one of the choices.) The grilled seafood platter was definitely worth the extra $10. For Miami Spice, the combination of salmon, shrimp, scallops & crab cake made for a generous portion. The scallop/risotto was smaller. On this visit we found the lobster bisque & risotto a bit too salty. Neither was inedible but both have been better on previous visits. Service, ambience, food is fine dining though some portions are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodsJavierDined on 9/6/2014Very good food and variety of wines, service is good and style are GorgeousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restauranthansa0622Dined on 9/6/2014Great Service Along with Amazing Food the ambiance was really nice and the selection of plates is very large along with the wine selection.Special Features:
- Good, but expect to waitJmartVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went to Devon as we had been wanting to try it for a while. We made reservations on OpenTable for 9 pm and arrived at 9pm. We were told we needed to wait and went to sit at the bar. Approximately 25 minutes later, we were told our table was ready. Thankfully, that was the only bad part. The waiter Raymond was fantastic and went above and beyond. The food was good, particularly the biscuits, and the carrot cake is RIDICULOUS! Highly recommend, but will confirm that the reservation is going to occur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodLissieDined on 9/2/2014A great restaurant. Always I have a good time. The service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingdisenchantedVIPDined on 9/1/2014We have been here numerous times and always enjoyed it. We brought friends from out of town and were sadly dissapointed. While our server was great, they seemed to be out of many items. While that is understandable, I feel we should have been advise prior to ordering instead of him coming back time and again apologizing for being out of this and then out of that.Special Features: