1148 S 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.devilsdenphilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 339-0855
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11am - 2am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30 am - 3pm Dinner 3pm - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Trowbridge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please email email@example.com or call 484-344-5438 for information
- Private Party Contact: Carly Sokoloff 484-344-5438x
A word from Devil's Den
Devil's Den offers upsale pub menu featuring American Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Devil's Den - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
Devil's Den reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good spot, better than it looks from the outside!AmblerJVIPDined on 11/23/2014Solid neighborhood gastro-pub. Very cool inside, great bar space. Dining quarters a little tight. Great selection of beer on tap. Brunch menu was small, but solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic neighbor join in south PhillyPhillyByChoiceVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great burgers and delicious cheese platter at this classic neighborhood joint in south Philly. Terrific pre-theater find - we were headed to Theatre Exile a few blocks away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & boozerjdaysDined on 10/31/2014Nice location in South Philly with a good draft list and creative and delicious offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CannoliDined on 10/12/2014Went for brunch this Sunday. My boyfriend and I both got the biscuit and sausage gravy. It was amazing. Also the bacon was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Searched for a place to go after game at Link. Found this on OpenTable. Friendly, easy to find and good food. We had mussels, oysters, pork belly and seared scallops. Everything was great. Unbelievable beer selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my cup of alecrackcrabVIPDined on 8/22/2014I was disappointed in everything about this place...the food, the wait (no one wanted to take our order) and of course the food was just okay. I believe the place is good for all kinds of beer, but drink don't eat.Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Devil's Den reviews archive.
- And so it goesNikkiMDined on 7/19/2014I never get tired of this place. The food is always good, the beer selection has something for everybody and it's just a great place to hang out. You will not regret a visit to his establishment.Special Features:
- PickwickianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Great beer, excellent food, and a cool atmosphere. This place really rocks. Good for a group of people who want to discuss anything over a couple of pints, and the wings (very big), hummus (so tasty), and the mussels (spicy!) are suburb. I felt like Mr. Pickwick from Dickens' novel, getting ready to drink pint after pint and then do something fun. Come here and have a good time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2014Went here before an event at Wells Fargo. Will definitely come back again! Food was very good - great salads, mussels, veggie tacos. The beer list is outstanding! Nice place with the windows open on a beautiful day. Fun place.Special Features:
- Great small platesdmn001Dined on 4/11/2014No need to order entrees here. The beer list is excellent and we just kept sharing apps and the excellent mussels. A great place to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the Beer ConnoisseurOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2014There is an incredible beer selection. You can get a healty meal with 5 different selections of mussels. It is a perfect stop on the way to the sports complex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual brunchLouiseNVIPDined on 4/5/2014Great casual, reasonably priced and no-fuss brunch. Consistently decent food and service. A nice change from the high-end restaurants of center city and parking is not impossible (at least during the day).Special Features:
- Great Beer BarFun4allofusDined on 3/27/2014Went here for a girl's night and while I am not a beer drinker, even I found a brew I enjoyed. The Devil's Den also had a number of wine's that were enjoyable. We had an enjoyable evening in a delightful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Delicious DenSJDiner1VIPDined on 3/23/2014We had a great brunch here, with some very innovative items, such as scallops benedict. Great beer selection also. Street parking can be a bit challenging. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with sonMamaDined on 2/9/2014Met here on my son's recommendation, I had the fried green tomato BLT and it was amazing! He had the special, and before he got there our waiter warned us there was only one left and since I thought it sounded like something my son would like he said he'd make sure no one else got it! Turns out I was right, and he had the fried chickenl special with cornbread and sweet potato stuffing and scrambled eggs!! Also loved the $3.00 Bloody Mary's and the extensive beer list! Sat at the bar so we could watch the Olympics, but would love to go back and sit in the dining room. PS Roaring Fireplace on a cold winter morning was very welcoming!Special Features:
- Always a favoriteOursineDined on 1/23/2014Devil's Den is our go-to place for casual but good food - great beer list, great happy hour, roaring fire - what's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gastrobarvassiliosVIPDined on 1/20/2014One of the best burgers in Philly. Variety of beers and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience00JJDined on 11/16/2013Good food, extensive beer menu, good service and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Mussels or short ribs oncrphillyVIPDined on 11/2/2013No Mussels or short ribs on weekends, just brunch which is disappointing.Special Features:
- Great brunchleenVIPDined on 10/13/20132nd time for brunch with friends and everyone was pleased with the food and service. The duck fries are not be be missed which all 4 of us enjoyed. The portions are large and the eggs poached to perfection.Special Features:
- neighborhood favoriterpf27VIPDined on 10/5/2013Sine moving to the EPA area about five months ago, Devil's Den has become our go-to spot. Maybe there's a better gastropub-type place somewhere else (SPTR? Grace Tavern?) but we love this one. The wait staff is always great and the food is always superb.....as long as you realize that this isn't Vetri or Zahav or Bibou. For a neighborhood pub, this is the gold standard!Special Features:
- Long beer list-20+ taps andjoeboe2001Dined on 9/28/2013Long beer list-20+ taps and LOTS of bottles from all around the world. The two I drank weren't so great, but they were reasonably priced--them's the breaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gastropubh0mersimps0nDined on 9/28/2013My wife wanted to keep a very low-key Anniversary celebration (good food without the tie) and after doing a lot of Philly Gastropub research we found this gem. All made-to-order and homemade ingredients - food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!SteveVIPDined on 9/12/2013Devil's Den is one of my favorite spots. The food is excellent and the beer list is top notch. One of the best gastro pubs in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Craft Beer SelectionMikeRVIPDined on 8/24/2013Great place to go for craft beer and respectable pub food. Some what limited menu, primarily a place to try different craft beers. Had the oysters and the mussels which were both good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beer listOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013fun, unpretentious bar with great food and wonderful beer list. so glad to have this in my neighborhood. only thing to work on is the timing of the food. have had similar problems in the past but this time the oyster app came out at the same time as the hot food. i don't usually feel like having oysters at the end of a meal:-/ otherwise, the server was attentive and the mussels were great.
- Hipster HangoutZuggyDined on 7/16/2013Went for the beer and I wasn't disappointed. The bottle list was pretty impressive with competitive pricing. The tap list seemed a little light to me, but no worries. We ordered apps and they were nothing special. Totally typical bar food. I almost wish we'd ordered entrees instead because I feel that the quality might have been better on the higher priced menu items. The server was nice, attentive without being in your face and seemed knowledgeable of the establishment's beer offerings. There's a TON of GREAT beer bars in Philly. This is a good beer bar.Special Features:
- Service was poor and fooddinnerVIPDined on 6/27/2013Service was poor and food only ok. I wouldn't go out of the way
- and still the bestrpf27VIPDined on 6/16/2013As I said last time, this place is the best. I love the mussels and the bruch menu is superb. Try the fritata!Special Features:
- all time favrpf27VIPDined on 6/9/2013I can honestly say that I have never had less than a superb experience at Devil's Den...every single time. Brunch here is great. In the evening, I'm partial to the Mussels Provencal. And they always have something interesting on their nitro-pump and their gravity pump. This is my favorite gastro-pub (terrible term) in center city and south philly.Special Features:
- Beer weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/20135/31 event was great. Seated promtley had reservations for 2 but showed up with 3 and was accommodated Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming back becuaseNikkiMDined on 4/27/2013I keep coming back becuase it keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Good - but needs to step it up.veneziaDined on 4/13/2013Food was good but not great. Could have been flavored more. While service was a bit slow, the waitress apologized (they were short staffed)and the chef sent an extra plate over to compensate which was so thoughtful.Special Features:
- Solid fun BarOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013Just a really solid fun bar to hang out in with awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing beer list! Go fortravellerDined on 2/15/2013Amazing beer list! Go for the beer and munchies. The staff is very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- I love Devil's Den! SuchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I love Devil's Den! Such amazing food at a great price. That drink list is more like a drink bible!Special Features:
- The salads were ok but theNJHousewifeDined on 2/2/2013The salads were ok but the flatbreads were amazing. We tried both the duck and the short rib flatbread. The ambiance was a lot of fun. It was a cold night and the roaring fire was a real treat.Special Features:
- Beer selection is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Beer selection is outstanding both on tap and bottles. Noise level is REALLY LOUD. Food is good, mussels Provencal was very good. Parking is a nightmare, just like all of S. Philly.Special Features:
- Great food and comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/20/2013Great food and comfortable atmosphere. All the options you could want for brunch at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- always love coming to devil'sjjp4VIPDined on 1/15/2013always love coming to devil's den every week - the service is great, the list of beers is endless (and can't beat their happy hour specials). wintertime is my favorite there with the fireplace. the food is tasty, but wish they would switch it up once in a while or rotate some dishes.Special Features: