Montreal, QC H3A1P4Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.devilledinerbar.com/
- Phone: 5142816556x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Deville Diner bar is set in an atmosphere of chic sophistication while embracing decor elements of diners past. The digital jukebox at Deville Dinerbar allows patrons to access a database of songs with their iPhone that will then be played throughout the restaurant.
- Cross Street: DeMaissoneuve
- Public Transit: Situated in the heart of downtown Montreal, Deville Diner bar is steps away from Metro Peel found on the green line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: A special parking service is available to patrons of Deville Dinerbar during events at the Bell Centre.
A word from Deville Dinerbar
The next evolutionary step in classic American Diners. Deville Dinerbar is the lovechild of whimsical nostalgia with the spirit of the 21st century. Inspired by the past and re-imagined for today,the authentic diner featured on our menu is a tribute to the food we grew up on. Over 18 or with a legal guardian. Don't forget we have a bar license.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Deville Dinerbar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Deville Dinerbar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (56)great for lunch (41)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (27)late-night find (23)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Swank!GoombyDined on 8/20/2014This is one of the most interesting places I've ever eaten. Just check out their official website to see their style. It was loud and fairly dark, as I suppose hip places are wont to be. and the prices are high. I searched online for a while trying to find a menu with prices, but it seems like those are intended to be hidden so as not to deter potential customers. If you have the money though, or are looking to splurge for a fancy night out, I can see the food we got was damn good. It seems like appetizers were in the $15 range, dinners were $30+, while drinks and desserts were all around $12. I got an appetizer and a dessert, both of which were unrivaled in quality, and left me fuller than any sane person would want to be. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with good foodchiefrockDined on 8/18/2014Deville is a nice place to go with friends or first date. Great burgers and drinks. Decently priced too. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodsambrVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love the blue cheese salad - tasty and just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBonbonDined on 8/10/2014The food was great! It never disappoints you because it's worth the price that you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melomanDined on 8/9/2014Great food! It was my second time there and not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're too old for this.RarelyreviewsDined on 8/8/2014Didn't realize from reviews we read that this is a super-loud, neon-lit, kitschy drink specializing, high-priced junky diner food kind of place. We were in a nook with two very young couples on dates (sweet) drinking from shared goldfish bowl sized drinks, and next to a large, very young and VERY loud bachelorette party (seated after us). We were too old for this place (48 and 50), the food was too heavy, and the noise level was way too high for us to enjoy this place!Special Features:
- I absolutely love this restaurantTeatimedVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is my second time at Deville Dinerbar and I was just as pleased with the food and service as I was the first time. I would definitely go back. I have been spreading the word....Special Features:
- Always deliciousMarlaVIPDined on 7/28/2014Nice lunch menu. My only suggestion would be to add a few lower calorie items. While all the fried dishes are amazing - a few calorie conscious choices would be welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NadsDined on 7/26/2014Great ambiance, great decor and great food. Can't ask for more. Oh yeah, and their drinks are yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'était parfaitMjforopentableDined on 7/25/2014Bon burger, bon service ... Tout était parfait. Les cocktails tout simplement wowwwwwwwSpecial Features:
- Good experience...ML12341234Dined on 7/23/2014except for the "reservation" confusion. I made a reservation, got there on time. 20 minutes later they called me telling me that I would lose my table if I didn't show up in the next 5 minutes but I was already seating in the resto! I called them back to let them know that I was in fact inside already. Then got an email from open table informing me that I never showed up for my reservation. No idea what happened but it was annoying. The resto experience itself was fine. Good ambiance and nice service. I do recommend.Special Features:
- Been there many times, always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014The only little thing that bothered us a bit was the fact that the music was too loud but overall, it was really great,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy serviceCooklovestoeatDined on 7/13/2014When I was first seated we were given the cocktail menu and the regular menu. Server took out orders and then was in a huge rush to clear our plates and move on to our next service. When we were finished our mains the check was brought immediately even though we still had drinks to finish. And once the bill was paid it felt awkward to sit and finish them. Also the accompaniments were way too large, I have a large appetite but couldn't eat dessert because of the softball size glob of mash potatoes on my plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 7/4/2014Deville is a lot of fun. The food is good and the portions are huge. The salads are amazing. You can get. A table outside it's worth the wait.Special Features:
- cookiemonsterDined on 6/21/20142nd visit. 1st visit was just after opening. I was meeting friends from England who were staying in a nearby hotel so proximity was important. Food was very good, but the noise level was worse than i recall, which may have been because on the 1st visit we were near the bar downstairs, this time we were upstairs which has a lower roof, so if you want to talk, ask for downstairs seating. Otherwise very satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunFood4thoughtVIPDined on 6/21/2014It was a great innovative restaurant. Looks like a diner yet the food is innovative and yum! The waiter was very helpful, drinks fun! I would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRaoulDined on 6/20/2014I enjoyed so much not only food & wine, but also the excellent service provided by the very attentive waiter whom I don´t rremenber his name, but anyway we very delighted for his friendliness as distinguished table service I would gladly recommend your restaurant to friends & colleagues & of course I declare being your fan from this my 1st. visit to your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!NathalieDined on 6/18/2014Second time here and always great food! The service is perfect and there is a terrace Burgers are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolBb2014Dined on 6/14/2014It's that cool place to head to. Interesting interpretation of classic foods. Great service. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyKyatDined on 6/11/2014Went with one of my friends we enjoyed the food we shared an entre of chicken and waffles, amazingly delicious. The food is perfectly priced for the amount and the flavour you get. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon mais bruyantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Bon choix pour le lunch. Mais assez bruyant pour une discussion importante...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinerbarSariM25Dined on 6/10/2014Devile Is a great place for a romantic time, or a business brunch. Service is very good and friendly, and the food is great in terms of flavor and texture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTeatimedVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were a group of 5 and every single one of us loved it. The food was amazing. The service was great. The place was full of energy. What more can I say...it was wonderful. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Chicken and waffles-Best salad everAmberSpyglassVIPDined on 6/6/2014I eat at DeVille approximately once a month for lunch or dinner. It can be a bit loud, but it's worth it for their awesome salads (and burgers and fish 'n chips and ...). I love that they have no trouble with the modifications that I invariably request. It's a fun dining experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoRoDined on 6/6/2014One of our favourite places in the city for lunch or dinner with the gang! Food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth an indulgencemarcsterDined on 6/3/2014The food is awesome, the service good, the speakers loud, and the desserts are innovative. Geared towards younger groups.Special Features:
- LovemtlDined on 5/24/2014Never disappointed, consistant, clean, wide variety, and good staff.. Rare to have all 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!teenthebeanDined on 5/23/2014Not only is the decor eccentric and fun, but the service has always been impeccable. The staff is quick, polite, always available, and very charming. The menu is full of exotic takes on classic American diner food and is fantastic, every time. While lunch might not be super cheap, it is always amazing. I have been several times and would recommend it to everyone. They have a vast list of cocktails and a lovely home brew. Looking forward to my next meal at Deville!Special Features:
- Great Spot in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2014Recently visited Montreal and found this great place for dinner! Servers were friendly and professional. Food was excellent as was ambience. Overall a great experience. Also as tourists - very close to the MetroSpecial Features:
- Opentable won't get you a tableAdzeeDined on 5/8/2014I reserved through opentable and they had no idea... It seems like they don't really use opentable all that much. Can't complain about the food. It's good, but it's obvious that a lot of the $$ you're paying goes into their "brand"... The look, the vibe, and the overall packaging. Oh, and it's SUPER noisy. Sometimes that can be a plus, but just be aware that this is NOT the place for a good conversation. Good food, nice staff, cool theme. But I probably wouldn't go back... It's a bit overpriced, as are most trendy downtown restos (in my opinion).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est toujours bon !LouismVIPDined on 5/4/2014On y revient souvent pour la bouffe et l'ambiance ! On aime la variété du menu et les bonnes portions !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Deville Dinerbar reviews archive.
- Great Neighbourhood GemsambrVIPDined on 4/28/2014Booked a reservation here and was not disappointed! Terrific food, waiter was wonderful and loved the energy. They even have food for vegetarians. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monkeyDined on 4/27/2014it was a little loud for my liking.... I would have preferred not to be seated next to a birthday party of girls screaming
- Food is Hit & MissinthebizDined on 4/27/2014Second time at Deville Dinerbar, some of the food was fabulous, some not so. Both times my husband was disappointed in his entrée. Meatloaf and Prime Rib sandwich not so impressive. Appetizers were great - lobster rolls the best. I had the scallops for my entree, very rich sauce but tasty. The waiter was awesome, very knowledgeable and friendly. Excellent service. Be careful when ordering wine by the glass - Pinot Grigio 8oz $17.00!! The vibe of the restaurant is very busy and noisy. Not recommended for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Bold BurgerLanMerVIPDined on 4/23/2014From the cocktails to the food to the pink neon lighting, everything is bold at Devilles. Expect a vibrant ambience and good service. The food's well prepared and presented and we found the house burger to be good. There is a surprising variation of other dishes available - the only challenge we had was navigating the menu.Special Features:
- My favorite treat!MazzyDined on 4/9/2014The food is so so tasty. The price can be a bit steep if you do drinks, appetizers and desserts, but absolutely everything I've ever had was phenomenally delicious and well worth the price. A definite recommendation.Special Features:
- Creative menu. A very tastyalwayslookingDined on 4/9/2014Creative menu. A very tasty lunch, well prepared and presented with fantastic service! We'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deville is a DelightPenneyDined on 4/9/2014Love their twist on "typical" diner food. Best appetizers going! Huge portions, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but...MelanieGenesseVIPDined on 3/26/2014Did not get the table we asked for and the service was way too slow for lunch time.Special Features:
- Good high energy spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Had a quick bite with kids pre game. Milk shakes, burgers and beer for dad hit mark. Good service. Fell in love with watress.Special Features: