Montreal, QC H3A1P4Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.devilledinerbar.com/
- Phone: 5142816556x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Deville Diner bar is set in an atmosphere of chic sophistication while embracing decor elements of diners past. The digital jukebox at Deville Dinerbar allows patrons to access a database of songs with their iPhone that will then be played throughout the restaurant.
- Cross Street: DeMaissoneuve
- Public Transit: Situated in the heart of downtown Montreal, Deville Diner bar is steps away from Metro Peel found on the green line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: A special parking service is available to patrons of Deville Dinerbar during events at the Bell Centre.
A word from Deville Dinerbar
The next evolutionary step in classic American Diners. Deville Dinerbar is the lovechild of whimsical nostalgia with the spirit of the 21st century. Inspired by the past and re-imagined for today,the authentic diner featured on our menu is a tribute to the food we grew up on. Over 18 or with a legal guardian. Don't forget we have a bar license.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Deville Dinerbar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Deville Dinerbar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (54)good for groups (44)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (30)special occasion (25)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The scene was very noisy and busy. Very tight space. Food was ok but overpriced for what you get.
- Special placeTravlnDawgVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had visited in March and had to return with friends. The waiter we had was super. The food was excellent. We missed their beer...it apparently has stopped being made. The portions are large. The choices are more than sufficient. The four meals were shared and loved by all of us. It belongs on your Montreal food circuit.Special Features:
- Great service but average foodyumyumDined on 9/23/2014We were very pleased with the service we got at Deville. The waiter was training so he wanted to make sure that we enjoyed our meal. However, the main meal wasn't so great. The hamburgers we got were very greasy and impossible to eat without a fork and knife (they were falling apart). It's unfortunate because the appetizers were good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The waiter was really great, catered to our needs. It was an over all great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and Cramped.RIRedDined on 9/13/2014Recently visited Montreal again and this was my "wild card" dinner choice; I really wasn't sure if we would like it, but thought we'd give it a try. Forget conversation during dinner, the pounding music (and other diners shouting to hear each other over the music) make it impossible. The upstairs area has almost no room for customers and staff to walk between the tables. So: you constantly have people's backsides grazing your table as they try to walk around. Very appealing! The food was good, not great. Would not return. This is a college hangout...albeit for college students that seem to have a lot more disposable income then I did when I was in school.Special Features:
- Always goodAlexDined on 9/9/2014Have been to Deville several times; for lunch and dinner, with a group or just as a couple. Food is always good, great selection on the menu, service is friendly and usually quick (depending on how busy the place is). There is outdoor seating in the back during the summer. Can get a bit noisy as the evening progresses. Overall a very nice place I always like to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place and foodNathalieDined on 9/6/2014As usual when I step here the food is great. The lamb is amszing as well as the pain perdu! Portions are big, so you'd better be hungry! I was with friends and the place is huge so it is always easy to find a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodieDined on 9/1/2014We had a great time and the food was excellent. Tasted great and the presentation was good. I highly recommend this restaurant. Music was good and the service as well. Not on the cheap side but you get a lot of food for the price so you won't leave hungry! Give it a try. You won't be sorry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I've been wanting to come to this restaurant for over a year, I should have never waited that long its absolutly the bomb i loved it will be back for sure ,we were 5 and we all loved everything we had , its great for sharing entees are big , and our meals were huge . The only two complaints i have is the seating is really tight we could barly move our legs, and second this may sound weird but the service is to fast, we barely finished the entees and our main arrived , all in all a fantastic experience i will be retuning for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Did not like that I made a reservation, requested a booth and got the small booth facing the stairs. Was quite awkward.
- Swank!GoombyDined on 8/20/2014This is one of the most interesting places I've ever eaten. Just check out their official website to see their style. It was loud and fairly dark, as I suppose hip places are wont to be. and the prices are high. I searched online for a while trying to find a menu with prices, but it seems like those are intended to be hidden so as not to deter potential customers. If you have the money though, or are looking to splurge for a fancy night out, I can see the food we got was damn good. It seems like appetizers were in the $15 range, dinners were $30+, while drinks and desserts were all around $12. I got an appetizer and a dessert, both of which were unrivaled in quality, and left me fuller than any sane person would want to be. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with good foodchiefrockDined on 8/18/2014Deville is a nice place to go with friends or first date. Great burgers and drinks. Decently priced too. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodsambrVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love the blue cheese salad - tasty and just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBonbonDined on 8/10/2014The food was great! It never disappoints you because it's worth the price that you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melomanDined on 8/9/2014Great food! It was my second time there and not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're too old for this.RarelyreviewsDined on 8/8/2014Didn't realize from reviews we read that this is a super-loud, neon-lit, kitschy drink specializing, high-priced junky diner food kind of place. We were in a nook with two very young couples on dates (sweet) drinking from shared goldfish bowl sized drinks, and next to a large, very young and VERY loud bachelorette party (seated after us). We were too old for this place (48 and 50), the food was too heavy, and the noise level was way too high for us to enjoy this place!Special Features:
- I absolutely love this restaurantTeatimedVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is my second time at Deville Dinerbar and I was just as pleased with the food and service as I was the first time. I would definitely go back. I have been spreading the word....Special Features:
- Always deliciousMarlaVIPDined on 7/28/2014Nice lunch menu. My only suggestion would be to add a few lower calorie items. While all the fried dishes are amazing - a few calorie conscious choices would be welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NadsDined on 7/26/2014Great ambiance, great decor and great food. Can't ask for more. Oh yeah, and their drinks are yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'était parfaitMjforopentableDined on 7/25/2014Bon burger, bon service ... Tout était parfait. Les cocktails tout simplement wowwwwwwwSpecial Features:
- Good experience...ML12341234Dined on 7/23/2014except for the "reservation" confusion. I made a reservation, got there on time. 20 minutes later they called me telling me that I would lose my table if I didn't show up in the next 5 minutes but I was already seating in the resto! I called them back to let them know that I was in fact inside already. Then got an email from open table informing me that I never showed up for my reservation. No idea what happened but it was annoying. The resto experience itself was fine. Good ambiance and nice service. I do recommend.Special Features:
- Been there many times, always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014The only little thing that bothered us a bit was the fact that the music was too loud but overall, it was really great,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy serviceCooklovestoeatDined on 7/13/2014When I was first seated we were given the cocktail menu and the regular menu. Server took out orders and then was in a huge rush to clear our plates and move on to our next service. When we were finished our mains the check was brought immediately even though we still had drinks to finish. And once the bill was paid it felt awkward to sit and finish them. Also the accompaniments were way too large, I have a large appetite but couldn't eat dessert because of the softball size glob of mash potatoes on my plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 7/4/2014Deville is a lot of fun. The food is good and the portions are huge. The salads are amazing. You can get. A table outside it's worth the wait.Special Features:
- cookiemonsterDined on 6/21/20142nd visit. 1st visit was just after opening. I was meeting friends from England who were staying in a nearby hotel so proximity was important. Food was very good, but the noise level was worse than i recall, which may have been because on the 1st visit we were near the bar downstairs, this time we were upstairs which has a lower roof, so if you want to talk, ask for downstairs seating. Otherwise very satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunFood4thoughtVIPDined on 6/21/2014It was a great innovative restaurant. Looks like a diner yet the food is innovative and yum! The waiter was very helpful, drinks fun! I would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRaoulDined on 6/20/2014I enjoyed so much not only food & wine, but also the excellent service provided by the very attentive waiter whom I don´t rremenber his name, but anyway we very delighted for his friendliness as distinguished table service I would gladly recommend your restaurant to friends & colleagues & of course I declare being your fan from this my 1st. visit to your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!NathalieDined on 6/18/2014Second time here and always great food! The service is perfect and there is a terrace Burgers are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolBb2014Dined on 6/14/2014It's that cool place to head to. Interesting interpretation of classic foods. Great service. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyKyatDined on 6/11/2014Went with one of my friends we enjoyed the food we shared an entre of chicken and waffles, amazingly delicious. The food is perfectly priced for the amount and the flavour you get. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon mais bruyantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Bon choix pour le lunch. Mais assez bruyant pour une discussion importante...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinerbarSariM25Dined on 6/10/2014Devile Is a great place for a romantic time, or a business brunch. Service is very good and friendly, and the food is great in terms of flavor and texture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTeatimedVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were a group of 5 and every single one of us loved it. The food was amazing. The service was great. The place was full of energy. What more can I say...it was wonderful. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Chicken and waffles-Best salad everAmberSpyglassVIPDined on 6/6/2014I eat at DeVille approximately once a month for lunch or dinner. It can be a bit loud, but it's worth it for their awesome salads (and burgers and fish 'n chips and ...). I love that they have no trouble with the modifications that I invariably request. It's a fun dining experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoRoDined on 6/6/2014One of our favourite places in the city for lunch or dinner with the gang! Food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth an indulgencemarcsterDined on 6/3/2014The food is awesome, the service good, the speakers loud, and the desserts are innovative. Geared towards younger groups.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the Deville Dinerbar reviews archive.
- LovemtlDined on 5/24/2014Never disappointed, consistant, clean, wide variety, and good staff.. Rare to have all 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!teenthebeanDined on 5/23/2014Not only is the decor eccentric and fun, but the service has always been impeccable. The staff is quick, polite, always available, and very charming. The menu is full of exotic takes on classic American diner food and is fantastic, every time. While lunch might not be super cheap, it is always amazing. I have been several times and would recommend it to everyone. They have a vast list of cocktails and a lovely home brew. Looking forward to my next meal at Deville!Special Features:
- Great Spot in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2014Recently visited Montreal and found this great place for dinner! Servers were friendly and professional. Food was excellent as was ambience. Overall a great experience. Also as tourists - very close to the MetroSpecial Features:
- Opentable won't get you a tableAdzeeDined on 5/8/2014I reserved through opentable and they had no idea... It seems like they don't really use opentable all that much. Can't complain about the food. It's good, but it's obvious that a lot of the $$ you're paying goes into their "brand"... The look, the vibe, and the overall packaging. Oh, and it's SUPER noisy. Sometimes that can be a plus, but just be aware that this is NOT the place for a good conversation. Good food, nice staff, cool theme. But I probably wouldn't go back... It's a bit overpriced, as are most trendy downtown restos (in my opinion).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.