25 East Court Street, Suite 100
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.devereauxsdining.com/
- Phone: 8642413030
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Spencer Thomson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Devereauxs’s offer two private dining ares, the Vintage Room and the Garden. Accommodating up to 28 guests for dinner or 50 for hor d’oeuvres, the Vintage Room is a magnificent Wine Cellar with 100-year old brick walls and 10-foot mahogany arched glass window. For outdoor dining, the Graden can host 16 for dinner and 35 guests for hors d’oeuvres. For the larger occasion, Devereaux’s can be rented in its entirety. For more information, please call Devereaux's at (864) 241-3030.
- Private Party Facilities: Devereaux’s has a variety of options for private dining- The Vintage Room accommodates 30 for dinner and 50 for receptions. Our Patio hosts 16 for dinner, 35 for receptions. Devereaux’s can also be rented in its entirety for large wedding receptions and events.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Comerford 8886135523
A word from Devereaux's
Devereaux's is fast becoming recognized as a culinary destination in downtown Greenville. The restaurant is located in a century-old cigar factory that has been transformed to provide a warm, relaxed atmosphere with outside patio seating and private dining in the Vintage Room. The friendly, highly-trained staff will serve you from Chef Spencer Thomson’s contemporary American menu, which features French, Asian and Southern-influence dishes. Prepared in the open-air kitchen, each creative and inventive dish combines unexpected and delightful flavors into a true masterpiece. Guests may choose from Devereaux's A la Carte menu or two Tasting Menu options including a 10 course "Ultimate Menu". The ambiance is elegant and yet relaxed. Devereaux's offers private dining in the wine cellar for up to 28 guests , outside patio seating and complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Devereaux's reviews from OpenTable diners
- We Will Miss YouBobbyDined on 10/18/2013Devereaux's has been our favorite restaurant in Greenville since it opened. We a sorry that it is closing and will try to follow Chef Greene to his new destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JudyDined on 10/17/2013So sad to see my favorite restaurant close. They offer dishes that no other place in Greenville has, and it is always delicious and cooked to perfection. Wonderful staff, great chef. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One last dinner before they closemsmsVIPDined on 10/12/2013Decided to come in and do the ultimate tasting menu while the restaurant is still open. So glad we did, every course was amazing. We ate for 3 hours. Never would I have thought that super small plates would fill me up so quickly. Highly recommend that tater tots at the bar.Special Features:
- Very pleasant eveningPaulDined on 10/9/2013Food quality was outstanding ... The steak was incredible. Terrific desserts, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsRadtechjPDined on 10/5/2013The service was great and the food was excellent. The restaurant did fill up rather quickly so the temperature and noise level rose dramatically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJustustwoDined on 10/4/2013Food is terrific. You get plenty of it. Service is excellent The tables are a little too close together, but a very beautiful place. It made a nice special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vegan Dining ExperienceJudvetDined on 10/3/20135 course tasting menu - everything was amazing - highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- Special occasionDinner2Dined on 9/29/2013Excellent phone service and atmosphere was Perfect setting for my wife celebration of her 50th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad its closingDiner1Dined on 9/27/2013Excellent meal with great wait staff. One of my favorite restaurant of all time, as compared to high end places in New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, London, and Copenhagen. Innovative food in a historic building of downtown Greenville made for a wonderful experience every time. The 10 course "chef's choice", though I didn't have it this time, was always spectacular. The closing of Deveraux's will be a loss for Greenville and a blemish on Table 301's reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysDBNMDined on 9/26/2013Deveraux's is the best fine dining restaurant in downtown Greenville! Reservations advised. Excellent for special occasions. Since it will soon to be closed, on Oct. 23 of this year, you'd better dine while you can. Hopefully, the owner can find a new location and retain the chef! If so, this culinary delight could continue under a new restaurant name in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute Cuisine in GreenvilleSCGalDined on 9/17/2013Intriguing menu with haute cuisine twists on even ubiquitous dishes like shrimp and grits. The duck prepared two ways was just outstanding. Leonard provided impeccable service and was passionate and knowledgable about the menu and ingredients used in individual dishes. The best meal we've had this year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCharlieDined on 9/14/2013The food was well prepared but the highlight was the service. Top-notch service from everyone at the place, especially our server. She was very kind and knowledgable. I would go there again.Special Features:
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2013Hate to hear they will be closing in October. If you have not been Go now. It is excellent dinning and visiting Greenville will not be the same with out them. That is for us, we looked forward to having dinner there when ever we were in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!TwoshoesVIPDined on 9/1/2013Devereaux's always delivers. Wonderful menu, great service, and a pleasant ambience. So disappointed they are closing in October but we will try to fit a number of visits in between now and the !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and deliciousDinner4twoDined on 8/31/2013The food was great. Very special flavors and definitely fresh. We could tell that top quality ingredients have been used. Another pleasant experience with the table 301 team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening mealScottDined on 8/31/2013My wife and I had a delicious meal and great service. The Fit for Foodies is a great deal. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in GreenvilleannieVIPDined on 8/30/2013Amazing service, chef accommodated a vegetarian guest and tailored the entire menu upon discovering that preferenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite special placeCUBuckeyeDined on 8/30/2013My friends and I love Devereaux's. Our only minor quibble is that we felt a tiny bit rushed. We were barely done with one course (and hadn't finished the wine) before the next one was upon us. A slight pause between would've been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulSCCoupleDined on 8/23/2013I loved the decor, service, food, wine, everything. A simple birthday dinner was turned extraordinary. I ordered the from the Foodie Week menu including the wine flight and was very pleased. The greens were presented bound in cucumber strips which when cut, caused the greens to explode unto my plate. It was a whimsical way to start dinner! The dressing was fresh and light and balanced the goat cheese and bitterness of the greens very well. I had the grouper! Excellent dish. Read the other reviews. They are spot on! And, ended the evening with a chocolate concoction that was to die for. So yes, I will be back soon. If you haven't tried Devereaux yet.....do so. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devereaux diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2013We had a great meal and the service was fantastic. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. We were celebrating two birthdays and the staff recognized the "birthday" diners. We loved it and are so sad that the restaurant will be closing.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2013Great service. Staff knowledgeable about the menu. Food was very good, however I wish the vegetables (served under the Grouper) had been hotter. Same with the soup. Another roll would have been nice - two TINY rolls were not enough. Crème Brulee was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soon to closeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2013I guess they quit early as everything was mediocre. Service was great.Special Features:
- ANOTHER...great dinner. AlwaysfoodiesDined on 8/21/2013ANOTHER...great dinner. Always satisfied at Devereaux!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little NookTapiBearDined on 8/18/2013Nice little place to eat. Definitely a fine dining experience. Excellent full service where you expect a high end restaurant to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceeman0618Dined on 8/18/2013A great place to enjoy a fantastic meal and conversation with friends.Special Features:
- Great suppercolumbiadocDined on 8/18/2013I was by myself and had the grilled octopus for a first course and the loin of rabbit for the main course. I also had a half bottle of The Oracle, Miner Family Vinyards. The appetizer and main course were great and the red wine was as good as any Bordeaux I have ever tasted. A great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodie ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013Offering a broad selection of ways to dine, the chefs are unafraid to experiment. Listings show the restaurant as high priced, but menu selections are broad enough where one can dine at reasonable prices with a variety of choices. Many dishes offer the same selection prepared in multiple ways. We chose the Duck and the beef entrees, both of which were excellent and beautifully plated. The range of offerings on the menu are eclectic, our server Leonard was there always at the right time and the brief chat with one of the chefs was fun The desert menu was surprisingly sparse in its choices, but our Crème brulee was good and plentiful. Hopefully they will find a new home as they are scheduled to close in October.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013I love this restaurant. Words cannot describe how good the food is. I wish I could eat here every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableTommyDined on 8/9/2013The experience and the food were very good, one suggestion made to the knowledgeable and excellent waiter was for the chef to use less salt while increasing the acidity. Otherwise the food and the atmosphere were excellent.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedJasonVIPDined on 7/31/2013We have dined at Devereaux's a few times now and the experience is consistently outstanding. The service is the best in town. The food is easily in our top five ever. The restaurant itself is very well designed and decorated. The price is more than acceptable for the experience here. I would strongly recommend Devereaux's to any one seeking a high quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsMzimmerDined on 7/26/2013Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion! If you are out for a romantic evening, request table #3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best TimesLeatherChiefDined on 7/21/2013We did the 5-6 chefs tasting and it was the best . Food was spot on and I never needed anything. Staff was top notch . I really hate to see this restaurant will be closing in the fall. It is one of the restaurants in Greenville that I now I can count on for the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply incredible!UTProfDined on 7/20/2013Every time we find ourselves in Greenville, we try to eat at Devereaux's. The entire experience -- ambience, wine, food, service -- was outstanding. Regardless of location, his restaurant is among the best we've experienced. Our meal for two with wine cost $200, and was worth more. It would be a tragedy for this restaurant to close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our visit was bittersweetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013our visit was bittersweet after learning they will be closing in october. without a doubt the best place to eat around greenville. a lot of wannabees, but no one else has the complete package. they will be missed. the rumor is that the chef may "resurface." we'll see. everything, as usual clicked. great service, excellent wine. we went after seeing jersey boys--------a great warm up.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in Greenville.boojill13VIPDined on 7/16/2013The best restaurant in Greenville. It is fabulous time after time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get There While You CanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013I've dined up and down the east coast. This is my favorite restaurant. We don't live in the area, so coming here is a special treat. I've never had anything that was not delicious. They are unfortnately closing due to losing their lease, so you don't have much time left. So if you have never gone, make sure you go before the end of October. Everything about Devereaux's is top notch. We will miss this place when it's gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceFoodieDined on 7/13/2013We had the risotto and pork loin. Both dishes were excellent and likely the best pork dish ever. Service was superb as was the setting. Found a new favorite in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable!Curlgirl64Dined on 7/13/2013I was delighted to share the exquisite dining experience Devereaux's with my mother. Beautiful menu, and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurantsWagmanDined on 7/12/2013One of the best restaurants in downtown Greenville, SC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we"ll miss you...JandTDined on 7/12/2013Have had the pleasure of dining at Devereaux's several times and they have never disappointed us. Always a treat to see what the Chef has created. Outstanding foie gras and a corn chowder that was to die for.Special Features: