371 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deuxave.com/
- Phone: 6175175915x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We do offer 2 semi-private dining areas that accommodate up to 12 people in each of the 2 areas.
A word from Deuxave
Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Executive Chef Christopher Coombs are proud of their award winning Restaurant & Bar, Deuxave in the Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant’s American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave’s (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location at the corners of Commonwealth Ave and Massachusetts Ave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Deuxave - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Deuxave reviews from OpenTable diners
376 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (285)fit for foodies (267)romantic (220)notable wine list (202)neighborhood gem (168)great for outdoor dining (102)hot spot (75)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (29)scenic view (29)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- mrcreosoteVIPDined on 10/27/2014One of the best Bosotn has to offer. Always SUPERB!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feedback.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2014Service at the bar was terrible. Like... Unfriendly terrible. And it was not too busy to be nice. Table service was better and the manager ended things well for us. I would go back with lower expectations than I had going in the first time. The pork 3 ways was amazing. The chocolate Orange dessert was one of the best desserts I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!QueenieVIPDined on 10/26/2014We had read the great reviews but they could not equal the experience we had. The restaurant is beautiful. The service perfect…the waiter was very helpful with the menu since we wanted everything and he said that we would not be disappointed in any of the dishes we had chosen and he was right. We are planning on returning again very soon. Deuxave exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys fine dining in a wonderful atmosphere at a reasonable price point.Special Features:
- Great Addition in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Despite the made-up name this restaurant puts food first and succeeds admirably. The wait staff and front desk are also superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceDocdaveDined on 10/25/2014The top rated restaurant in Boston did not disappoint. Had to wait 35 minutes for our reserved table, but the drinks we had while waiting were comped! Originally were seated near a boisterous group, but our request for a quieter table was expeditiously accommodated. The food was as wonderful as expected, with a special mention deserved by the duck confit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was exceptional.Mandy2246Dined on 10/25/2014What a wonderful restaurant for food, service and wine list. I would highly recommend this for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeuxaveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Went to Deuxave to celebrate a birthday and it was a great experience. The service was prompt and attentive. They also answered all the questions we had and offered recommendations. The food was excellent with several dishes being in the realm of best meal ever. Highly recommend the Duck Liver Pate and the Trio of Pork.Special Features:
- always greatbeachgalVIPDined on 10/24/2014We always have an enjoyable experience here....friendly staff, great food, and terrific atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Attention to details differentiated the service at this restaurant. The food was great, taste and presentation tickled all the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Servicefood2goodDined on 10/24/2014The service here is top notch and the food is creative and delicious. A true change of pace from the same old choices of dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Service was excellent friendly and attentive Food was excellent and they added a special touch to desert because it was our anniversary everyone from the host to the coat check girl made mention of it Table on a normal night would have been window table but proximity to table next to us and noise level from the table was loud and distracting In spite of that it was a great night Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.JohnTDined on 10/22/2014The pork melted in my mouth, the beef was very flavorful, frites fried in duck lard--need I say more? The food was awesome!!! Furthermore, the staff was extremely kind and seemed like they really cared about our satisfaction!! I actually sent back a bottle of wine (something that I never do) because it tasted off and they were super cool about it--stuff like that means a lot.... overall a wonderful experience and I hope to make it back there soon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a finddiningoutDined on 10/20/2014I have worked in the Back Bay for 25 years and never knew anything about this restaurant. It has now become my "go to restaurant" when clients are in from out of town. Food was fantastic, wine list was terrific and owner was very friendly. Server was not very attentive but that was not enough to distract from all of the positives!!Special Features:
- Lovely in GrayjsansoukDined on 10/20/2014We saw all the reviews and decided to head for Deauxave. We weren't disappointed. Just a great setting and wonderful ambiance. Care taken in every aspect. The staff is focused and attentive. All the plates were like a canvas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundfoodcentralDined on 10/18/2014Great good, knowledgable wait staff, vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodFam5Dined on 10/18/2014The food is very good especially the main ingredients. The fish, meats and pasta (we had tuna, halibut, chicken and the truffle pasta special) were all top rate. The chicken was especially tender. Our only nit is some of the side items don't add but even distract from the fine main ingredients. For us, a good plain chèvre would have been better with the beets. The Halibut sauce was a little like creamed corn. The fried green tomatoes were sour with the tuna. But no big complaints. Disappointingly the desserts were nowhere near what was expected given the rest of the meal. The cheese plate was also lacking. Service was good overall though our wine order was not taken until our appetizer were brought to the table.Special Features:
- Moderno, con clase y buena cocina!EnePeDined on 10/16/2014Cerca de la Filarmonica, estuvimos aqui despues de un concierto, excelente servicio y la carta muy buena. Lo recomiendo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night out!BubbaVIPDined on 10/16/2014We are from California and we enjoy good food and wine in the best resturants LA, San Francisco and Napa Valley have to offer. Amazing food, wine list and service here at Deuxaxe, Will be a must visit everytime we come to Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its reputationdla911VIPDined on 10/16/2014Overall, a superb dining experience--world class food, service and ambiance. The onion soup is a traditional, but excellent starter as is the foie gras. Halibut and duck are favorite entrees. Well done wine list, including some wonderful Soter and Penner Ash Pinot Noirs not seen on many Boston lists. Save room for dessert, especially the pumpkin souffle.Special Features:
- A MUST PLACE TO DINE!luvseafood77Dined on 10/14/2014During our recent stay in Boston, this was without question the BEST restaurant we visited. The food was simply delicious and the service outstanding. Everything we tasted was excellent and the service was delightful and unpretentious. A very memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- WowPeterDined on 10/14/2014We had the most amazing dining experience at Deuxave. I had the duck and my friend had the trio of pork and both were spectacular. We eat out frquently and are fussy about out dining and Deauxave was over the top in all aspects. The staff was very knowledgable, friendly and there when you needed them and gone when you did not. The food was well prepared, well presented, creative and full of exciting flavors. The wine list was extensive and diverse and the staff knew trhe wines intimately. All in all a wonderful experience, ahead of most Boston eateries. This is on par with No.9 Park and Clio but less pricey and with a wonderful atmosphere. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Dessert Wine and Pumpkin SouffleJadoreDeuxaveVIPDined on 10/13/2014Not my first time at Deuxave and certainly not my last. My boyfriend and I stopped in late Monday night for their decadent white chocolate and pumpkin souffle and a glass of dessert wine. 5 Stars all around, per usualSpecial Features:
- Wow!Nick1982SmithDined on 10/12/2014We had a Sunday evening meal here and everything was perfect. Best wine-list I've seen in quite some time and the food was phenomenal- top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerVeeeeeDined on 10/12/2014Food was good, service was excellent. A bit noisy but manageable. Beautiful spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lives up to the hypeAh626Dined on 10/11/2014the food was unbelievable, so much attention to detail as well as an amazing wait staff. portions were larger than expected. truly a delicious meal for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great placevolnayfanDined on 10/11/2014We love this place and visit every time we travel from NY. Great food beautifully presented and great wine list. Comfortable dining atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Number 1 status well deservedLittonfamilyDined on 10/11/2014Every course was exceptional, especially the dessert soufflé. Nowhere have we ever had a soufflé so light and airy. Service was impeccably attentive without being intrusive. The menu was seasonally themed and amply portioned. We especially enjoyed the truffle entree offering. Definitely a foodie destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDd10Dined on 10/11/2014Can't wait to go back. Service was outstanding and food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oct visitdrummumDined on 10/10/2014This was the 3rd time we'd eaten at the restaurant. Food was fabulous each time. Service was a bit disappointing this time. We arrived early for our 9pm reservation and were told our table would be available at 9. We had to approach the host at 9:15 and were told our table would be ready shortly. We were seated at about 9:20. There were plenty of open tables but we were seated in a bit of a cramped area at the back. It felt at bit like we were being punished. Waiter was excellent as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FeelWickDined on 10/10/2014Upon entering, Deuxave has a soft and luminous look and feel to it that lifts your spirits and expectations. It then delivers a food and wine experience that lives up to its 'promise'. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.ChasersDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere is fantastic and the service was excellent. The appetizers were creative and outstanding. For the main course I had the duck which was also outstanding. My husband had the New York Strip steak which was tender but not much taste and was a small amount of meat for $44. The duck is a much better option! We were also surprised to be charged $6 for water, when we thought we had asked for regular water. You must be specific and ask for "tap" water, if they bring you "still" water in a reusable bottle, you will be charged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall for trufflesFrankVIPDined on 10/10/2014Deuxaves is great any time of the year but the fall with Italian truffle dishes is a must. The chef is outstanding.Special Features:
- shadowVIPDined on 10/8/2014Good experience in general. I had expected more. Service a little slow at times and a little fast at other times. Food was good but not great. Entrées were not hot when they were served and it seemed to take a long time for them to be reheated. The manager did provide a complimentary glass of wine to apologize--a very nice gesture. This was our second visit and it was a little bit of a disappointment.
- Fantastic dinningGf70Dined on 10/8/2014From the soft napkin to the delicious dessert the whole experience was flawless. The food was the most delicate and inspiring I have had in a long time. The waitstaff was attentive and the valet gentlemen most charming. Joyful, simply joyful!Special Features:
- Nice spot in BostonShirazVIPDined on 10/7/2014A lovely restaurant with an elegant touch. Service was attentive and good. The night we went, there was a business ambience….several tables with men in business suits. Perhaps there was a conference nearby? We ordered the Duck Liver Pate to start and share. Very nicely presented and was very tasty with the accompaniments. We enjoyed it. For the main course my wife ordered the Halibut. It was lightly basted with bread crumbs and accompanied with a mixture of veggies. It was nicely cooked and very tasty. I ordered the ‘Coriander crusted Tuna’ which came with fried tomatoes, polenta and olives. A tasty combination. Both dishes were well presented. We enjoyed our evening and would go back when we return to BostonSpecial Features:
- Value for moneyKriKiDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant interior is very elegant and contemporary, held in a neutral colour scheme, and the furnishes very comfortable to use. The staff were attentive, but not intrusive. The service was efficient. The only let-down was the food; my companion had the lamb which were perfectly cooked, but un-inspired. I had the halibut which was a bit over cooked and smothered in a confusing mix between corn sauce and puree. However the sides were a perfect accompaniment to the fish, but it should have been more of it. To finish the meal, we shared the apple desert which were perfect. I highly recommend it! Being a non-American, I found the servings too big. If they were a little smaller I would have been be tempted to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Deuxave, a way to goQuickNicDined on 10/7/2014We chose Deuxave, while we wanted French cuisine. That's what we got. They have a fine wine list and a nice menu. The dishes were good, but can be perfected. Service was nice. The big bummer was the table water. It's from the tab, with sparkling added. The chloride is overwhelming. Water in bottles is not available. We refused the water. Do something about is, and we'll come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deux-licious & Deux-lightful...IndaknowVIPDined on 10/6/2014Had a very nice evening at Deuxave - really professional and superb service, a fine menu to choose from including vegetarian options for a friend, beautiful presentations, food properly prepared and delicious, a gorgeous interior which didn't feel overdone and - yes, this is important - really nice interior lighting which allowed us to enjoy the room, see each other (and others), and see what we were eating. We do eat with our eyes, the kitchen made a big effort in plate construction and it was a pleasure to actually see what we were presented with (something which doesn't happen often enough)...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014We went here on the first night of a 5 day trip and are going back tonight. The food was superlative, as good as a top-tier European restaurant and the service professional and smooth. Portions were smallish, but not insulting, yet we felt quite satisfied. Certainly, it has earned its top rank, which is how we found it!Special Features:
- Delightful Dining ExperienceMarkDined on 10/5/2014Restaurant is indeed a great dining experience - wonderful, attentive service, great wine, and superb food. The beet salad is a must but there are so many wonderful choices for appetizers. The main courses were varied - we had the signature duck dish and it is "not to be missed" good.Special Features: