371 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deuxave.com/
- Phone: 6175175915x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We do offer 2 semi-private dining areas that accommodate up to 12 people in each of the 2 areas.
A word from Deuxave
Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Executive Chef Christopher Coombs are proud of their award winning Restaurant & Bar, Deuxave in the Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant’s American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave’s (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location at the corners of Commonwealth Ave and Massachusetts Ave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Deuxave - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Deuxave reviews from OpenTable diners
337 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (265)fit for foodies (239)romantic (206)notable wine list (203)neighborhood gem (157)great for outdoor dining (113)hot spot (53)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (32)scenic view (31)late-night find (22)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Phenomenal dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014From the selection of wines, to appetizers, dinner, and desserts, everything was absolutely phenomenal. The staff was extremely knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDdisneyDined on 9/17/2014My husband summed it up: best food EVER. Any city, any country. The best. Must go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JakeDined on 9/16/2014Very nice experience. Great menu selection, food was terrific, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SmilebcuzDined on 9/16/2014This was our third time visiting and each time I leave I say that had to be the best meal I ever ate. Fabulous food drinks waitstaff. I don't know how they get the food to taste so good it's just amazing! I would highly recommend dining here but just so you know you won't want to go anywhere else for a special occasion after you dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceBillswissDined on 9/15/2014Very nice restaurant, very good food and service, only bar service at the beginning was a little slow. Would go again.Special Features:
- ToprafaelrvazVIPDined on 9/14/2014Uma delicia o nhoque de lagosta e o pato! bela pedida.Special Features:
- Great Spot!MikeVIPDined on 9/14/2014Best French food I have had in Boston. Everything was top notch. Highly recommend this spot for a date night or special occasion. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014We went to Deuxave two years ago for our anniversary after it was recommended by a friend. I remembered the food and service being outstanding and this visit was no different. If you want an extra special night out, this is the place to go. We will not be waiting two years until we go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!lindamDined on 9/13/2014I cannot say enough about Deuxave. Took my husband there for his birthday and our experience was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and deliciousIdoluvtotravelDined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious. Especially the duck breast. Our server was extremely attentive and in control. We had a delightfully romantic dinner. If in town again I would consider coming to this restaurant again. Only concern was table was too far apart for romance, so we sat on the same side together. Nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good experience!LemarcasDined on 9/12/2014It was a quite good option for a dinner with a costumer. Great food & Service! Congratulations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive food, serviceWilmetteBoxerDined on 9/12/2014Highly recommended. Duck confit and the lobster starter both sensationally good. Halibut and lobster main courses also impressive, maybe a bit too big (the duck esp.) but carefully balanced, hearty, and full of delicate accents. Impossible not to love this food or its attractive, bold, but not fussy plating. The "cheesecake" dessert is also outstanding but maybe could lose its gelatin coating. Perfect service, attentive, low-key, candid; our waiter knew a lot about every dish we queried. We'd go back in a heartbeat and will be recommending it to all our Boston-bound friends. We were charmed, delighted, floated out the door thinking of a return visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!PepsinDined on 9/12/2014The foie gras was too die for. The waiter also made our night fabulous - Don was knowledgable, and expert in wines (pick all our wine choices for each person) and so entertaining and fun. Ask for him when you reserve a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLeftdisappointedDined on 9/12/2014French onion soup excellent! Main course of fruits de mar not to my expectation. Waited all day in anticipation of having this meal and when it arrived I turned to my husband and asked when they were bringing the rest of the food. On the plate were two small chunks of fish, a side of corn mixed with a few of the smallest baby clams and squid tenticals I have evere seen! So small I had to borrow my husband's magnifier glasses to find them. While I don't ever mind spending money on an excellent meal, this meal was a huge disappointment. I would recommend the onion soup, bread and a drink.
- FoodieGirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014Loved the food. Excellent value for what you get! They were so sweet to my 10 month old. It was an amazing Birthday Dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- BostondiningDined on 9/10/2014Food was good but portions small. Wine list unnecessarily expensive.
- Fabulous in every waySallyADined on 9/10/2014We loved everything about this restaurant. Strangers to Boston, visiting from Australia, we found it on TripAdvisor and walked to it from our hotel in Boylston Ave. Service was excellent - we noticed the staff wander around during the evening just checking as they go that all our needs were being looked after. Food was sssoooo great! We had 3 courses which were all a taste sensation. And the wine list was very extensive. Wesley was our wait person and knew what he was talking about with regards the food and wine! He was excellent too....would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing Staff/Good LocationJohnDoeVIPDined on 9/9/2014The interior is beautiful and the food is very good. The staff seem to self proclaim themselves the hottest ticket in Boston in terms of self importance which is unfortunate. They also rush around so much that in the course of our dinner, no less than 6 utensils were dropped within our tables range. The have a policy of not seating anyone until the entire party is there. This wasn't disclosed prior to arrival and makes it difficult if somone is arriving from the airport or the suburbs. Despite this strict rule and the attitude that went with it, I did see another table of 5 have their 6th guest sit about 20 minutes after the others had been sat. Staff left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- we stumbled on place a while backOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2014and have been back alone and with special friends and colleagues. the service is incredibly wonderful. knowledgeable, discreet, friendly. the food is superb and the menu changing. one of the best in Boston without a doubtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a perfect night even betterCastleWeddingDined on 9/7/2014I just wanted to take a second to express my appreciation at this fabulous establishment. Everything from the food, to the wine, to the service was impeccable, and the staff made us feel like we were honored guests. We booked a table for two at this restaurant to celebrate getting married. The minute we walked in, the manager of the restaurant greeted us personally and showed us directly to our table, a beautiful little spot away from the noise of the kitchen and with a lovely view of Commonwealth Ave. Our waiter, Wesley, was probably the most well-spoken and well informed staff member I've ever experienced. My hat off to him and the entire staff at DeuxAve, we will most certainly be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too coldMolonlanDined on 9/7/2014Food was very good in every aspect. Wine list is ok with a decent offer by the glass. However, they failed totally on cocktails. The atmosphere was very dark, everything in grey, black or dark brown. Lights are dimmed and no linen on the wooden tables. This created a cold overall feeling. This was topped by the attitude of the waiters. Not trained well, therefore hectic and on the other side arrogant made the evening short and overall disappointing.Special Features:
- An excellent dinnerTimperDined on 9/6/2014I took my wife for to Deuxave when we visited Boston last weekend. The restaurant was aware it was her birthday and accommodated the experience with a window table. The server reviewed the full menu with us and made suggestions. The plating for each course was artistically inspired and the food was expertly created. Wine selection was reasonably priced. It rivaled any Michelin 2-star we have visited in France and we didn't have to deal with the pretension. The staff, from the reception to the bus-people were expertly trained. We highly recommend visiting Deuxave!Special Features:
- An Outstanding Finduna18Dined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our 45th Wedding Anniversary at Deuxave. It was one of the best restaurants that we have visited. Only surpassed by two of the restaurants we've dined at in Paris. We will return as will our friends who joined us. We had appetizers (3) entrees (4) and 2 desserts. All were delectable!Special Features:
- Excellent mealSiegel917Dined on 9/5/2014Amazing! One of the best meals I've enjoyed in Boston. Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!JayPVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had another great dinner at Deuxave. Our waiter, Shane, was terrific. Jason did another amazing job of selecting a great bottle of wine. We usually get the duck as it is our favorite, but went with the chicken and vegetarian dishes this time. Both were outstanding. The lobster gnocchi appetizer was also excellent. Absolutely the best restaurant in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableSBLKgnDined on 9/4/2014We had a fabulous meal -- every dish was unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A plusFBECDined on 9/4/2014Wesley was a phenomenal server. Food was fantastic. One of the best places in city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingAnnaDined on 8/31/2014Delicious food, an impressive wine list, friendly and professional service, a killer desert menu, great ambiance for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- naclVIPDined on 8/31/2014The wait staff was excellent and was able to answer all the questions we ask including the flowers on the table. When we made the reservation we had only 4 people in our party when the number changed to 6. I called ahead and change the reservation to 6 which they were able to handle without difficulty. They were also very helpful in getting us an umbrella due to a down pour which we were not prepared for. The desserts and main course were a delight to eat. One of the best places, I have eaten in BostonSpecial Features:
- Wow...KatzDined on 8/31/2014Haven't had a meal this exceptional in years! We had the Lobster and gnocchi, it was as good as others have commented.Special Features:
- The ExtrasSeanachieDined on 8/30/2014We expected and received a superb meal graciously presented and served -- the extras made it special: We asked our server about halfway through to take a picture since it was our 45th Anniversary. He was genuinely pleased -- put then passed the word around. We were served a complimentary digestif and both our desert plates had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. Both are minor items but delightfully thoughtful. We had a 1983 Graham Port which turned out to be excellent about a bit dreggy. Our server notified the bartender who personally came over to apologize and offer us another -- we had not complained nor even mentioned the issue. We expected excellence, the meal and service exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time here!TimfromnjDined on 8/29/2014We went to Deuxave for our anniversary and to celebrate our son'e return for a second year at Northeastern University. It was a wonderful experience. The menu and wine list were terrific as was the service. The food was great. It was well presented and was very tasty. Our son had the lamb and said it was the best that he has ever eaten. Deserts were excellent and the noise level was fine. We were super impressed by the service. Our waiter was from Oxford and really seemed to enjoy his job. We really enjoyed our first dinner at Deuxave. We will be back the next time we visit our son in Boston. It is a real treat!Special Features:
- Top 3 in Bostonchuckmac07VIPDined on 8/27/2014except for a "fishy" taste to the white fish in the Fruits de la Mer entree, a perfect meal. bread, wine, salads, halibut (perfect!) and chocolate dessert all spectacular. we are fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014This was our second dinner experience while visiting in Boston. The first was a let down, so we were a bit gun shy taking recommendations from locals. We were blown away by the amazing food and great service. Best duck confit we've ever had. Perfect experience from the hostess down to the last cup of coffee.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hypeSingleMalt12Dined on 8/24/2014I was very pleased with my experience at Deuxave, I made a note that is was for my Aunt's birthday on the reservation and they gave us a complimentary champange toast, and placed a birthday candle on her dessert. Thank you! The location is great, with views of commonwealth ave greens and the skyline. We were literally the first ones in the door, but they sat us in the way back in a corner in this tiny table, which complicated the experience a little. The fresh rolls were served hot with delicious imported beurre. The beef tartare & Waygu carpaccio were excellent, The seared foie gras with pistachio baklava is a brilliant idea, and perfectly executed! The Spiced Colorado Lamb Saddle & Lamb Bacon, one of the best dishes I've hadSpecial Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014amazing food for an affordable price. loved the duck confit and lamb entreeSpecial Features:
- Uneven performancemikeVIPDined on 8/22/2014Deauxave is a fun place; staff and surroundings are fine. Four of us ordered different items; two were very happy, two not so much. Fruit de mer was excellent although skimpy( for $34 I'd expect a bit more). Pasta was very good and the beet salad was extraordinary. On the other side, the Halibut was a bit overcooked and the duck was only so-so. Bottom line, for the price and the high rating, I'd expect more.Special Features:
- Great French FoodByron1211Dined on 8/21/2014Better than going to Paris for famous french flavors. We have frequested Paris, after living in Europe and I found Deuxave to be much more flavorful! Our server was an added bonus with his people skills and attententivness. We found the restaurant to be very clean and very nice atmosphere. The group next to us was a little too noisy but there is no control over that. Recommend highly! Bon Appetite :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014me and my gf reAlly had a blast.. Food was awesome.. desserts were out of this world..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!seanDined on 8/19/2014My girlfriend and I went to Deuxave for a dinner. The overall service, food, and environment is just too awesome.Special Features: